Whats a Hack and What Isn't

That wasn't a personal attack on you. That was just a general notice to all those people (and there are many) who think that quick egg hatching is not hacking at all.

Personally I believe that in many ways, quick egg hatch is actually worse than just hacking obtainable pokes.

Most of the time on these boards when the pokes have been straight out hacked, the person has said so (or if not sure, has said "may be hacked"). That's good - now I can steer clear of those.

But for me there are few things more annoying than trading for a poke only to find later that it was quick egg hatched or had hacked parents, because people either think or convince themselves that those two aren't hacking.

EDIT: @ Slakingmaster - fundamentally pokemon is marketed as an RPG, where generally there are elements of collecting stuff or just building up powerful characters by finding nice gear, etc.

Those don't exist in pokemon, but are replaced by a search for good IVs. So there's an element of "finding" those high IVs.

People get a lot of satifaction from breeding high IV'd pokes themselves, which is one of the reasons I do that instead of hacking or whatever. It's also nice that bred, imperfect pokes tend to be unique (well, until they get cloned and whored. One of the reasons I don't clone the pokes I use).

Whats the difference between these two? They BOTH speed up a process which is going to happen anyway. If I am going to hatch 1 000 000 eggs using the 6 step hatch trick until i get strait 31's, it takes the same amount of time as using strait 31 Parents and not using a 6 step hatch trick. IMO either both are fine or both aren't.
There is a HUGE difference. When hacking parents, you change game data, and you really increase your chance of getting good IVs. Do you know the chance of getting one 6 flawless pogeys? It's 1 in 1.073.741.824. Getting two 6 flawless on the wild or when hatching random eggs is just possible.

And (I'm not sure about it) if a hacked IV is passed, it MAY alter the child's offspring code, making it hacked too.

Quick Hatching just make the process 255x easier and less tiring, far from (1.073.741.824)² easier you make when hack parents, and also, you don't change any pogey data. Neither parents or child.

Of course, when you breed without neither tricks (hacked parents or quick hatch) you use 2~3 flawless legit parents, which decreases the extra 1.073... chance you got when hacking parents, but it'll still be a LOT higher than 255.

But asking for an specific example. I'd like to SR for a Dialga on my Diamond, but I don't wanna start a new game (I have played almost 400 hours on my current save file), is it okay if I hack new chance to battle him?

I definitely think so gabriel, as long as you don't hack the Pokemon, I personally think re-hacking the event back is perfectly fine.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Quick-hatching, hacked parents with godly IVs, Wondertomb, hacked EVs (seriously, people...), all of them are hacks to me.

The only things which involve an AR that I approve are cloning, hacked tickets, maybe the reactivate code, and mainly hacking parents with the same IVs as the pokés you have in other game, but can't pass them now.

I'm saying this because I needed to (actually, I thought that was my only option at the moment) hack a Koffing and a Misdreavus to start my Koffing breedings. Of course, the hacks have the same damn IVs, moves and Nature than the originals have. And, in the end, I'm not even using them anymore, I'm breeding now with two offsprings they made.

So it looks like It's okay to hack Dialga's event. Great, once I'm done with Shaymin and Darkrai, Dialga will be next.

^ Thats one weird as hell situation lol Mario, don't really know what to say about it. Don't know what the checkers will say about it.

@ gabriel, yeah its fine.

I'm saying this because I needed to (actually, I thought that was my only option at the moment) hack a Koffing and a Misdreavus to start my Koffing breedings. Of course, the hacks have the same damn IVs, moves and Nature than the originals have. And, in the end, I'm not even using them anymore, I'm breeding now with two offsprings they made.
I would say that that's ok since you actually caught those Pokemon before. (Btw, what happened to the 2 originals then?)

I personally don't like hacked parents though. It's been taking like 2 months already to breed for a stupid 25+/x/20+/31/31/31 HP Ice Bulbasaur. It's not fair for hackers to be able to make like 2 31/31/31/31/31/31 parents (or whatever needed for HP Ice) in like 5 seconds when it takes normally like a few days to get good parents. >_>

My personal opinion is that you should either not use any hacks at all, or use all of them.

If you, say, use the immediate hatching hack and not any other hack, then you could just as well hack your baby with perfect IVs, nature and moves, since you WILL eventually obtain such a baby given enough time. The same applies for any other hack, no matter how innocuous it looks.

So my stand is: either just hack your Pokemon straight away, or else don't use ANY hack.
I agree with this too. If you can hack your own Pokemon, why bother to trade for legit ones? I mean seriously. >_>

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I would say that that's ok since you actually caught those Pokemon before. (Btw, what happened to the 2 originals then?)
They were finally passed to my Diamond last Friday, so I released the hacks, so I can use them again in future breedings.
Although I could just release the female Koffing, as I'm going for a better one.

^ My point exactly Zero.EXE

And Mario, if your Pokemon was run through a test, would it show up as hacked or no?
The_Rider said some posts ago the grandson of a hacked pokémon would not have his/her hex numbers messed, so any hack check would consider it legit.

Oh well, when I finally get my HP Ice Koffing, I'll lend a copy to Mr Goodbar to test it. Just to be sure. I don't really want any witchbusters knocking on my door asking to have a talk with me.

@ The_Rider, yeah, remember viper? He got past checkers.
Viper's pokes were legends and so could be checked babies on the other hand can only be checked by a handful of people here in Smogon. His other bred pokes weren't confirmed to be hacked(feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) just his Darkrai, Manaphy and WishChansey. After that he learned to make "decent" hacks meaning they could no longer be detected through the hex editor but no one want's his stuff anymore because everyone knows what he did before...

^ True to that. We need more hack checkers lol
We do but sadly the "great" hack checkers who are spear-heading this operation(Raikou and Yamipoli) are rather mistrusting and will not teach anyone how they check hex codes. Atleast that's what happened to me lol I think they're afraid I'll end up like Viper :(. But they didn't realize that I don't have wifi(so how the fuck am I gonna become a scammer?) and second I come here everyday and really enjoy staying here so I wouldn't do such a thing that could jeopardize my reputation with the general populace :(. Oh well...

I can check pokemon but only with pAC's cheat checker ... I would also like to _learn_ how to check pokemon in a better way like Raikou and Yamipoli were able to do... well if you want pokemon to be checked via pAC's cheat checker just PM me

How are you going to check anything if you don't have Wi-Fi lol?
We are getting an new connection and router this coming march or april. So I might get WiFi soon so I might not not have wifi next time around so I'd like to learn but whatever. Oh and BTW that time I did have WiFi(unstable).

PS: Sorry to both of you yamipoli and Raikou if my post a while ago was offensive. I still think you two are awesome, just that little incident.

well... don't really know, to me quick egg is not hacking, and I approve it, also, put some move on child, is like to use hacked parents, so, anybody couldn't approve one and negate the other...
I can check pokemon but only with pAC's cheat checker ... I would also like to _learn_ how to check pokemon in a better way like Raikou and Yamipoli were able to do... well if you want pokemon to be checked via pAC's cheat checker just PM me
well, if someone other than those guys could do it will only be fine.., I don't see raikou much and I've never see/get replyed by yamipoli...

^ negator, I wouldn't take a Pokemon if it were quick hatched or if it had hacked parents. I'm merely saying that quick egg is not as bad as hacking parents if you think about it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)