Which side of the brain do you use more

Whoa, that's cool.

I saw clockwise at first, but I was able to see counter-clockwise now too after about 10 secs or so. =)

Misty

oh
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I swear it's clockwise, the leg is sweeping out in front from her left to her right.

Of course, I find this totally weird because I'm a majorly left-brained person but whatever

Argh.. I cant make it go counter clockwise..

This is quite frustrating.

Wait her leg is lower when it passes in front (clockwise) it doesnt make sense for it to be the other way..

Have a nice day.
I thought that too but her leg is only lower because she is jumping when it is in the back.

At first I could only see it as counter clockwise but I made it switch by covering her upper half.

It keeps switching back at forth, It seems like an optical illusion, it seems like the one with the pipe, where it can be running either up and down. This seems to be harder to see from both perspectives, though. I don't see how it determines which side of the brain you use more.

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Counter-clockwise for me. I never saw it go clockwise. O_O

My friend saw it go both ways lol.

What does using the 'left part vs. the right part of the brain more' mean?

EDIT: Oh, ok, did some research. I am very left-brained in reality.

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
I thought that too but her leg is only lower because she is jumping when it is in the back.
I considered that, and checked it.. She is definitely on the top of her jump at the point her other foot is lowest..

However it actually would make sense if you were looking up at her. Though I still cant see it..

[edit] - I got it to work! I closed one eye, and put a piece of cardboard over the girl and just watched her shadow, then once I had the shadow spinning the right way I removed the card, and the girl was spinning opposite to her shadow for a while, before she switched!

Have a nice day.

I think it's probably just whatever part of your brain you were using when the image popped up. A simple explanation (probably wrong, even if I'm convincing!) would be that the thoughts "rotating clockwise" and "rotating counter-clockwise" activate different halves (maybe with some overlap). Since both directions lead to the same observations, the prior is 50/50, but if you're using your left brain when you look at the picture (or if your left brain is more developed) it has better odds to get the activation. If you lose focus, the other half might get active enough to "steal" the activation and reverse the rotation. The only meaningful rotation would be the initial one, before your brain has time to think about it, introspect, etc. I guess it would average over a large amount of tries, but I'm not going to do this every hour of the day.

I can see it go clockwise or counter-clockwise. It starts in a seemingly random direction and changes sometimes, mostly when I lose focus or look away (which I find logical: once the brain loses focus, the direction of rotation becomes "up for grabs" again).

Edit: lol I just trained myself to be able to change the spin at will. First I have to look at the edge of the page so I see the figure on the side, then I can make her spin however I like, then I focus back on her and the spin sticks. Can't do it while focusing on her (yet).

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
Having seen both (finally) I still stand by the fact that the more likely view is when she is spinning clockwise.. It isnt often you would find yourself between the floor and her spinning leg (about knee height) watching someone spin.

Have a nice day.

AHHHHHH. First it was clockwise, now it is counter clockwise. and now it is clockwise again... I'm not even trying....

Does this mean I have a third side to my brain?

Counter-clockwise, and I seriously can't make myself picture her spinning clockwise no matter how hard I try.

Pretty neat find though.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
That bitch totally switched directions on me, I think it's just a hoax accompanied with a long animated gif that periodically switches spinning direction. :chaos:

"Control," ha you are all in on it! You can't fool me.

I personally can't make her go counter-clockwise no matter how hard I try

edit: ok yeah she switched directions after a while like mre said, so it's either a hoax or my eyes are fucked up.

JabbaTheGriffin

Stormblessed
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
i saw this a week or so ago. if you concentrate on the foot, there's a very specific point where you can change which way she's rotating (when her foot is facing away from the screen). it's pretty fun making her switch back and forth.

Woah. Holy. . . That's. . . Weird. I see the dancer moving Clockwise, but the shadow's moving counter clockwise O_o

I can't find out how to make it switch directions. Still trying, though ^_^

this thing is so weird. it was going clockwise and it took me like 15 minutes to get it to switch to counter-clockwise, but now i can switch it. i just looked at the shadow and it started to switch directions.

I'm gonna see what our reactions are when there are two of these right next to each other!

EDIT: Fuck, there both going clockwise now :(

Vineon

Fleurdelysé
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I really really doubt you can have 2 next to each other and see them spinning in opposite directions. ;[

i understand now, its a matter of perception. i saw it as clockwise at first and nothing else. it seemed impossible for it to be counterclockwise. if you look at the foot going around on the right, it goes in front of the other leg, and then goes on the left side and seemingly goes behind the other leg. of course, if you focus hard enough you could see it as the spinning leg going BEHIND the other leg first, and then IN FRONT of the other leg, as if its counterclockwise. its hard to explain, lol. i do understand how it works though, kind of. optical illusion

I see it as going clockwise, but what's strange about this is that my main field of expertise is Epistemology and Analytic Philosophy; we are talking logic being central to my reasoning.

Is it possible to think left brain with a right brain? I've read one theory in the Jewish magazine "Commentary" that suggested the use of both Hebrew (read from right) and western languages (left to right) by Ashkenazi Jews lead to their noted higher intelligence because they adapted what the author labeled a "omni-brain," or one that processes left brain and right brain activity through each other because reading left to right and right to left use different sides of the brain.

Strange theory, but I don't know how it stands other than being an entertaining thought.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)