Who won E3?

Who won E3

• Total voters

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Shiruba said:
we should have a poll asking who won e3

i mean this is a pokemon site so people might be a bit biased but we seem to have a lot of well-rounded people here

except for that one person who will vote for xbox no matter what
so whaddya think?

As much as I love Nintendo, (I'm here for Pokemon, after all), they had a highly disappointing E3 for me. The only game I saw that I'm excited for was Pokemon (obviously), and the new Smash Bros.

The Wii U is still a disappointing console. The new Mario game looks lame. I was expecting the next epic 3D game, like Mario 64, Sunshine, or Galaxy. Not another New Super Mario Bros/Super Mario 3D Land.

With all the hype Retro had about making a "Console-seller", I wanted something other than another side scrolling DK game....I wanted Metroid, or Star Fox...

I'm not really looking forward to the 3DS Zelda either, it's just not appealing to me for some reason. Wind Waker graphical update is just...ehhhh.

I will admit that Super Smash Bros. looks REALLY good. However, the game I'd say that left the most impression on me was: Destiny or Watchdogs

Theorymon

Long Live Super Mario Maker! 2015-2024
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I voted for Sony, the epic take that vs Microsoft + FF 15 and KH3 was just too much man. Nintendo is second imo. They had the game I most wanted (Super Mario 3D World), and I DID NOT expect Nintendo to play my way and to actually give out a console sequal to 3D land o_O. Mario Kart 8 also looked really pretty. Beyond that and DKCTF though, there sadly weren't any really big surprises.

Didn't watch EA and Ubisoft's, but lol at Microsoft. They really shot themselves in the foot there, especially with the news after about how Capcom is making Dead Rising 3 more COD like =/.

Fanboyism aside, I can't say Nintendo won E3. Smash Bros and Mario Kart looked great, but Super Mario 3D World and DKCR are not games that would make me want to buy a Wii U. Aside from Wonderful 101 and Bayonetta 2, there was a serious lack of third-party games, and there were no surprise announcements except for DKCR (which ended up being a bit of a disappointment for those of us expecting a more "serious" game).

If Nintendo had held off some of their Direct announcements for E3, they would have won hands-down. That's to say, I love their new business style of releasing information in intervals, but I can't say that they had the most interesting/appealing conference this week.

i think i'm agreeing with killah in the sense that they've had quite a few awesome reveals but they didn't put them all in one basket like everyone else did - so, i'd say there reveals have been better in recent times, but their e3 performance was not.

still nintendo direct = ✓✓✓ keep it up nintendo

[also seems to be a good idea so that they can put out a beta label on a concept and if there is enough public backlash they can rescind it before it gets too serious or widespread]

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
lol who voted Microsoft you should have made it a public poll

I voted Nintendo.

Of course Sony did a fantastic job. And I know many people who are interested in the PS4 who are just on cloud nine right now. And while Nintendo didn't have a new console to release, they did exactly what they needed to do too. They released tons of information and videos on several downright unbelievable games: XY, MK8, the new 3D Mario, Smash Brothers, the new 3Ds Yoshi's Island, the new 3DS Zelda. They showed us games that are undeniably going to sell like crazy because they are exactly what their base go crazy for year after year.

And while Sony undeniably did a superb job, there are still a lot of unknowns. What's the library going to be like? How is the system going to run? Are there going to be any negatives we don't know about yet? Nintendo doesn't have any of those unknowns. They have a huge head start, and, depending upon your affiliation, E3 only put them further ahead, or at the very least kept them moving forward at a good pace.

Redew

κακκῶ σεαυτόν
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Sony was the winner imo. Normally I'd go with Microsoft, but the Xbox one was honestly a very big turnoff for me. I expected it to be a lot better than it is, but I guess not. Oh, and this is a thing:

In an interview filmed prior to Microsoft’s E3 2013 press briefing and published on GameTrailers, Microsoft’s Don Mattrick has addressed concerns about the compulsory connectivity requirements of Xbox One.

“"Fortunately we have a product for people who aren't able to get some form of connectivity; it’s called Xbox 360,” said Mattrick.

“If you have zero access to the Internet, that is an offline device.”
This also made me chuckle:

Nintendo was pretty meh for me. I still plan on playing XY, at least on a friend's console, because I don't feel like buying a 3DS for one game, and the rest just don't appeal to me. Also, I don't think any of the new games they announced for the WiiU will make me want to buy one, either, so there's that.

LonelyNess

Makin' PK Love
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yeah, sorry, but I don't watch e3 for console reveals.... so as "cool" as the ps4 is, Nintendo wins based on the games it revealed. Pretty much all of which I intend to purchase.

Smash / 3D Mario / Yoshi's Island / New Zelda / MK8 / THE WONDERFUL 101

Each one of them easily stands toe to toe with FF15 / KH3 in terms of "hype", so yeah, fuck yeah Nintendo.

honestly comparing a gaming console that isn't even out yet to a man who caused the brutal torture and murder of millions of innocent people just seems a bit much imo. it's probably a joke but still it's definitely overboard [and i see a lot of people that might legitimately equate them on places like ign and whatever]

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
If you're a Nintendo fanboy, then Nintendo's conference was just a huge fanservice, giving updates to pretty much every franchise they have (with the notable exceptions of a new console Zelda, a Mario 64 / Sunshine / Galaxy successor, Kirby, and Metroid). I mean hell, they announced a new Yoshi's Island game (a solid, yet unspectacular series) and it was drowned out by all of the first party announcements.

If you're a gamer who enjoys playing AAA titles and more "serious/mature" games, then Sony won, since its bringing all of the social things that the XBone is with significantly fewer restrictions and absolutes. In addition, if you live in a country that isn't one of the 21 release countries for the XBone, you have no choice regardless.

Ubisoft!

... Yeah, nobody's going to take that seriously. Sony had the best conference overall, but Nintendo had the most games that appeal to me. Voted Sony.

If you're a gamer who enjoys playing AAA titles and more "serious/mature" games, then Sony won, since its bringing all of the social things that the XBone is with significantly fewer restrictions and absolutes.
Why I voted for Sony, although I'm not sure when or how I'll get a PS4 (considering I haven't got a PS3, so I'd have to pay extra for online; the total package is still less than Xbox, though).
Also hoping that Smash Bros. for 3DS is not some watered down mess, b/c I really don't want to shell out for a Wii U.

what the hell did ubisoft and ea even show off

my friend recapped for me because i had to go to school/study and he has a fair amount of spare time where he works

and of course internet uproars

but i'd honestly forgotten that ubisoft even presented haha

what the hell did ubisoft and ea even show off

my friend recapped for me because i had to go to school/study and he has a fair amount of spare time where he works

and of course internet uproars

but i'd honestly forgotten that ubisoft even presented haha
Ubisoft presented Watchdogs, one of the most impressive looking games coming up...

EA presented....Star Wars BATTLEFRONT 3. Something a ton of people are looking forward to.

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Everyone except Microsoft and EA
They're a shit company, but they brought some hype with them. Battlefront, Mirror's edge? They'll probably turn out to be less-than-amazing, but the hype is there.

Nintendo gave nintendo fans everything they wanted, but didn't really give much to swing the whole industry. Sony on the other hand just blew everybody out of the water with the PS4 specifications.

EA did something that got people excited (in a good way). Now I can't wait until they blindly throw money at them, and then call them the worst company ever when the game isn't very good. Again.

if we're going by individual conferences: microsoft had the best one.

but if we're going by who will sell the most: sony

lol @ nintendo voters. were they even at e3? how can you win without showing up and then having the worst conference of the 3 :evan: . nothing they showed would make me go out and want to buy a wii u

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)