Tournament World Cup of OMs - Stage 2

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This is a post about when lineups are expected and how any potential tiebreakers will work. I really should've come up with some way to notify all the managers in a more efficient way than this but I didn't, so tagging Sylveon. The Immortal Jrdn OM room neomon TheShadowClaw Mark_K Terracotta MAMP Chloe Willdbeast Hamhamhamham sed drampa's grandpa Anaconja Gurpreet Patel (Sent you a Friend Request) In The Hills Ransei because all your teams can qualify and Uselesscrab and ayedan because MIDBEST

The deadline tomorrow is at 10PM EST. Assuming there are no ties for qualification, I will expect all 4 captains whose teams have qualified to send their lineups to me by 10AM EST on Monday the 19th; I will post the semifinals round soon after that. This is just to be fair to all the regions, it's a lot harder for North Europe or Asia to send in a lineup at 10PM EST. If there is a tie for which teams move on (both teams have exactly the same W/L record), I will need managers of the tied teams to send in which metagame they choose for the tiebreaker. The tiebreaker format will be a best of 3. Teams which qualify for playoffs but are not tied with other teams can still wait to see the results of the tiebreaker before sending in their semifinals lineups, since they probably won't know who they're playing. The tiebreaker format will be one slot of Anything Goes (Bo3) and two slots chosen by the tied teams from the remaining 5 metas. Anything Goes cannot be chosen twice, this would vastly advantage teams with multiple Anything Goes players while at the moment only one Anything Goes starter is required. I hope this makes it clear to all managers exactly what is expected of them, please PM me if you are unsure on anything.

Side note, I can't believe there's about 24 hrs to deadline with 80% of the games done and 9/10 teams could still easily qualify, this is gonna be down to the wire.
e: dont quote me on this but p sure mamp's win there means south can no longer qualify

Last edited:

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Alright, there's a couple of games left but they won't change the outcome at this point. Congratulations to Team Canada, Team Oceania, and Team US Northeast for making it to semifinals! As for the last team, we're going to need to be doing a playoff between teams Asia and US West to determine who gets the honor of facing down the syrup, and that'll be up as soon as I get metas then lineups from Sylveon. The Immortal Anaconja Gurpreet Patel (Sent you a Friend Request). Please PM a the non-AG meta of your choosing.
Oceania and Northeast, DO NOT play games early. Just wait until the full semis round goes up please and ty.

in the hills

spreading confusion
is a Top Artistis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Super hot comeback at the beginning of this phase but you can't win them all. Really proud of what my team accomplished this tour and was overall a really fun experience as my first time captaining.
s/o time
Ransei goat co-captain couldn't have done it without ya man would love to team up with you again sometime
skysolo14 2-1 solo took a big upgrade this tour (should've been 4-0 solo smh) wew great job man I knew you were gonna be a great pick and you were an amazing addition to the team with your energy and you were such a huge help all around
Catalystic GOAT glad you decided to stick with us you're the hottest player ever nobody can tell me otherwise you were such a great help everywhere and your teambuilding help was goat as fuck sad day not using the aaa team you posted
Osra best choice ever loved the energy you brought to the team even if the 1v1 stuff didn't go however 1v1 stuff is supposed to go I'm super happy that I picked you keep doing you
Paleo you did awesome in this tour! I didn't really know that much about you beforehand but I'm happy that I picked you you're a super solid player overall
E4 Flint nothing but respect for the corrupt bh tl wish you could've stuck around the whole time but irl stuff is always more important than some game thanks a ton for what you could contribute to the team! :D
Quantum Tesseract was legitimately surprised when you decided to stick with the south and I'm so glad you did and were able to help out the team a ton despite your super busy schedule
Laxpras super unfortunate situation overall, but most importantly hope everything is okay irl let me know whenever u see this
other s/os
Leru Betathunder for being goat stabs testing buddies my team probably wouldn't have a single win in stab without your help
Sylveon. for helping me test aaa and being an absolute beast in mnm
GL Volkner for being the south's best cheerleader

BIG shoutout to Megazard for hosting this tour and giving me the opportunity to captain for the first time and dealing with me sucking

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)