Tournament World Cup of Pokemon 2024 - SV OU Discussion

logo by Iyarito
thread approved by The Mods

Welcome to the World Cup of Pokemon 2024! A unique team tournament on Smogon's trophy circuit, WCOP brings together the best players from a country/continent/region (yeah, it's a little confusing sometimes) to fight for glory and the blue trophy. This year will be a little different from previous years, with 5 SV OU slots and UU + Ubers + SS + SM + ORAS. Still plenty of Great Tusk, though.

Last year saw Spain narrowly defeat Europe after a long path featuring tiebreakers at literally every round. Will they make it two in a row? Will US Northeast live up to their expectations? Will a qualifying team come out strong and win over hearts like Bangladesh last year? Tune in to find out! This is the place to discuss metagame trends, analyze games, and look at cool sets. Any discussion related to SV OU in WCOP 2024 is welcome.

Introduction thread
Rosters
Replays
Qualifying spreadsheet
Administrative Decisions (links to start of 2024 decisions)

SV OU starters on every roster: managers italicized, starters bolded

Main Event (rosters not finalized yet)
  • BelgiumEoward, Rubyblood, Mada, Uxilon, Eoward, Fant'sy Beast
  • EuropeRuft,
  • FranceBIHI, Deckline,
  • Germanymind gaming, Sylvi,
  • IndiaDj Breloominati♬, Piyush25,
  • Italys7a, paolode99,
  • Oceaniafalse, Tom Bus,
  • Spainreiku, Dorron,
  • United KingdomGlue, Gingy,
  • US MidwestGroudon, ausma, oldspicemike, zioziotrip, S1nn0hC0nfirm3d, heileone, kythr
  • US Northeastobii, Sabella, blunder, Finchinator, INSULT, lax, Star, CTC, Srn
  • US SouthDave, kumiko,
  • US Westvelvet, Smudge, emforbes, ima, PZZ, shiloh, Vert
  • Asiadevin, Mimikyu Stardust, JJ09LIE, sugarhigh, Xiri
  • Brazil Rewer, Sahki, Ash KetchumGamer, elodin, Luigi, mncmt, Thiago Nunes
  • Canada3d, Baloor, Potatochan, sunsets, HYpertonix
  • Chile Vileman, Mister McLovin, darkman64, Lazuli, Mako, Raptor, 1LDK
  • ChinaMetallica126, Nashrock, hi.naming is hard, cen344uu, Chaos23333, Raceding, cscl
Qualifiers
  • Brazil — Rewer, Sahki, Ash KetchumGamer, elodin, Luigi, mncmt, Thiago Nunes
  • Chile — Vileman, Mister McLovin, darkman64, Lazuli, Mako, Raptor
  • Greece — Christos, nikitas, anan2004, apollonas77, Fear, GLFGno7, Solo Laddering
  • China — Metallica126, Nashrock, hi.naming is hard, cen344uu, Chaos23333, Raceding, cscl
  • Africa — Zoyotte, Hats, yovan33321, KeshBa54, L lawliet
  • Latin America — Ann, Posho, bbeeaa, Storm Zone, Gtcha, Luirromen, Fakee
  • Asia — devin, Mimikyu Stardust, JJ09LIE, sugarhigh, Xiri
  • Mexico — Railgun, Ikaishi, Mrbanana45, Srita Kaguya, Eddie1840, ZeroKitss, MrBanana21
  • Netherlands — Drud, Quinn, Ivar57, Luxanse, PoseidonWrath
  • South Korea — Fluore, marilli, quokkadayo, ckcake1, gudwbs, moomlight
  • Portugal — UltiNooba19, sayyonara, Wait2Seconds, Msousagamer, Chlora, I Feel Stabby
  • Bangladesh — feen, Xboy, Mushfiq, Kaif, Calambrito, Let's Rumble Shall We, Dhrabb
  • Argentina — Enzonana., JustFranco, ACR1, haxlolo, Ravenna, HolaSoyBalto, Maxisc23
  • Canada — 3d, Baloor, Potatochan, sunsets, HYpertonix
  • Switzerland — elednb, Sificon, Basil103, Frablz, Gman, jyusaan, Pan.
  • Austria — Drachenkeule, tr1x, bausparvertrag, Sieeeffmon, Liones, RoFnA, mj
  • Venezuela — Raahel, Long Spirit, Juseth sepulveda, Mashin Sentai, Hashg Skynyrd, ApacheRomero, disgusting

Last edited:

Duck Chris

replay watcher
is a Forum Moderator
Yesss it's time!!!
Qualifying rosters to watch:
Asia- JJ09LIE had a strong 7-4 record this season in SPL and looks to continue in their wcop debut. Mimikyu Stardust posted a respectable 3-3 in SPL and looks to improve on their 1-2 record from wcop'22.Devin, sugarhigh, and xiri are all returning players from some years ago so this team has both experience and current meta relevance.
Latin America - Storm Zone has been on a tear this year and the addition of recently freed bbeeaa makes this team the one to beat for sv. And they're already up in standings.
Canada- simply the best team around and especially cool. They will win

EDIT: i forgot Brazil due to the extended mental effect of many users typing swift portuguese while their opponent tries to focus on not getting smashed

Last edited:
Qualifying R1 ends soon but I wanted to quickly highlight this team of six that's been used twice now by team Latin America to success:

:slowking-galar: :cinderace: :landorus-therian: :kingambit: :zamazenta: :kyurem: (this is my very low-effort recreation, not all moves/Teras were revealed and the EVs are almost certainly off, use at your own risk)

There isn't any particular gimmick - it's just six great mons that cover for each other well. The only boots on this team belong to Cinderace and Kyurem, so the former's Court Change is valuable to keep the team healthy: Landorus-Therian appreciates being able to U-Turn in and out without taking rocks. Water Assault Vest (I think it is, at least, the calcs certainly look that way) Slowking-Galar stops the team from losing to special wallbreakers like Walking Wake.

Here, bbeeaa weaves around Basil103's mono-Protosynthesis +Speed sun team, notably using Water AV Glowking to full stop Walking Wake and Hatterene, and even survive a blow from Banded Tera Fire Band Gouging Fire. In its second use, Gtcha whittles down ckcake1's defensively inclined build with U-Turns, Future Sights, and Sludge Bombs until Zamazenta and Cinderace can clean house on an enemy team that has taken one too many body blows.

1LDK

The Stand
is a Top Team Rater
RE: 1LDK world cup heat set reports

In the last year I did some heat reporting in world cup, not all matches, but the stuff I found cool, now I won't be able to do that, because Chile is now in Main Event, so I have to help, nevertheless, I hope that the person who takes up the mantra makes as good of a job as I did, maybe even better

RE: 1LDK world cup heat set reports

In the last year I did some heat reporting in world cup, not all matches, but the stuff I found cool, now I won't be able to do that, because Chile is now in Main Event, so I have to help, nevertheless, I hope that the person who takes up the mantra makes as good of a job as I did, maybe even better
yo dot i got you.jpg

[This analysis has been edited due to copyright infringement concerns.]

Round 1 of WCOP 2024's qualifiers has concluded, and with it five teams have made it to the main event. Topping the sheet was team Chile with an outstanding 16-4 record and no slots going winless; they're joined by Asia, Canada, China, and Brazil in the main event. The final two slots will be decided by two 9v9 sets: Bangladesh vs Austria and Latin America vs Africa. Here are some neat teams/sets from quali.

ctc.jpg

:sinistcha:
Somehow, Sinistcha currently sits at a 100% winrate over three uses, two of them being from Team China. How much it contributed to said wins is a different story, but still. It has just the right mix of weird defensive attributes to make it obnoxious: in hi.naming is hard's game here, it closes a Fire/Water/Grass defensive loop and makes Rillaboom run from the smoke. (It does die to Heatran immediately after, though.) Chaos23333 used it to help whittle down a balance team, walling Blissey and chipping Clefable. Outside of China, Bangladesh's Dhrabb probably got the most mileage out of it; it brings Samurott-H into Rocky Helmet range and turns a burnt Clear Body Dragapult into free healing.

Last edited:

CTC

I COULD BE BANNED!
is a defending SPL Championis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Big Chungus Winner
edit:
trash ass users see some hot shit and dont have the decency to use for themselves they gotta send it off to everyone they know to farm clout points, forcing me to put out this psa --
stop stealing teams and build your own shit
calcify your vertebrae

Last edited:

Duck Chris

replay watcher
is a Forum Moderator
LORDHEAT LEAK?英雄联盟 RILLABOOM GARGANACL TEAM LEAK?英雄联盟 BASEDLORD SHOWDOWN TEAMBUILDER LEAK? 英雄联盟 CTC BASEDLORD CHEAT HACK CHAMS CLIENT OVERLAY 100% WORKING FREE DOWNLOAD WAREZ ZIP EXE MONSTERFILESCTC LEAK?英雄联盟
Regardless of the source i think Rillaboom + Garganacl has been on an absolute tear this round.
No usage statistics yet but I swear it was like every third game. I like it because it doesn't rely on typical grassy sweepers like Hawlucha which I definitely find underwhelming. Free leftovers is also busted on pokemon that are hard to ko in one like Garg.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)