Would an offensive Blissey work?

Adding my 2p of "this is a stupid idea".

I wasn't sure if an infernape's CC would drop defense or not when i posted due to some early testing on shoddy's earlier versions, so it slipped my mind. Sorry for the confusion.

Rest of post still applies. Blissey should never be your answer to infernape.
Unfortunately if the Infernape player does his calcs, he will realise something nice.

After he comes in on the Sub, he will realise that his standard LO Mixape does
26-31% to standard (4 HP/0 Sp Def Bold) Blissey. He will therefore Flamethrower rather than CC, thus avoiding the def drops and breaking the sub regardless.

Furthermore, as he's hitting a Sub he does not take the LO recoil either, so Blissey just ends up getting fucked up the ass for her troubles.

The main thing I don't like about this set is that it basically revolves around Sub. But without Softboiled, you just get hurt too much by Subbing and switching to justify the not enormous damage you put out. If you try to take both then you're restricted to 2 attacking moves, and have to sacrifice Psychic (can't touch Hera et al), Ice Beam (Garchomp etc) or Focus Blast (T-tar etc), which just isn't good enough.

So you end up concluding that your best bet is to take Softboiled over Sub, which removes the whole point of this set..

Magmortified

<b>CAP 8 Playtesting Expert</b>
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Only four HP EVs? So what would happen if some EVs were to be loaded into HP/Special Defense?

Perhaps you do take too much damage from Substituting. But you've got enough HP for several Subs (more with Leftovers), and the Special Defense to take most of what you'll be switching in to.

It'd be funny to have hyper beam and choice specs. It could OHKO some frail pokes.
Or, calm mind until it can OHKO everything neutral to normal attacks. Hyper beam could score an OHKO on infernape, if the silk scarf was used.

psycic: 180 damage x 1.2 = 68%-80%
hyper beam: 225 x 1.2 = OHKO! 102%-119%

ok, so hyper beam sucks most of the time, but it looks cool.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)