Sticky X/Y Sprite Project

Erupting argument aside, I'd also like to point out the...admittedly odd changes you've done to the sprites, such as the backsprite's eye, jaw and left wing.
Just to notify you that there's not much precedence for shinies having changes in lineart, much less such..undesirable changes.
In any case, if you want to the sprite's lineart to be changed, could I ask you to post the changed non-shiny version before you head off to recolor it? Thanks.

Your time belongs to you, but your sprites will belong to everyone.

Well the bigger (and roundish) snout was made after princessofmusic suggested it. If you check the official artwork for Xzard, you'll also see a snout sort of like that. But hey, thanks for the suggestion :)
I understand. The snout is way too round if you compare it to the official artwork, however. Gave it a shot and tried to stay true to the official artwork while keeping it your style. Slightly edited the eye and the snout.

^ He does look a little stoned now, though, wouldn't you agree? While I'm sure Charizard appreciates a good bong, perhaps you could open his eyes a bit more? The official art has them in a more stereotypically triangular angryfayce, not so squinty.

Uhm... Now Armadillomon has a creepy smile... It's not working out that well. And it looks a bit derpy IMO. Maybe revert to the old face?
Ridaz your right its face dose look derpy so i changed it back.
chesnaught.png

I also raised sylveons eye and it dose look better thanks for the advice.
fairy.png

Also sorry i didn't know axl already did a resized chespin.

Gourgeist QC. These are still technically unfinished, as I didn't fix the hair at all, and don't really plan to. Also, the lighting probably needs some work too. But for the most part, all of the major things are done.
Lastly Legitimate Username you edited the wrong gougeist and gougeist backs, but i'll try to do some edits when i'm finish helioptile's back.

Alright! I can dig that.
Also I didn't realize the jaw area was light blue...D:
Now in 96x96 for each sprite! And Light blue jaws!

I don't have much opinion over the "red eye" thing; I mean, it's kinda cool this way too.

Last contribution. This eye looks more like the official artwork while your latest version's eye is more like Pokemon The Origin. It's a matter of preference, really.

Finally, finally, finally. This is so overdue. I'm going to resist the temptation of listing exactly everything that went wrong with this one in the last 24 hours that caused me to have to redo it at least three times. Instead I'm just going to say to whoever's the moron at Game Freak who thought it was a good idea to give Gardevoir's animation twice as many frames, with each one at half the duration, you've caused me a lot of extra trouble that was really unecessary. This was by far the my most difficult animation yet, and I'm GLaD to be done with it for a long time.

On the plus side, it looks super super awesome. I'm really proud of how this one came out.
My body was not ready for this at all. It looks super awesome! I'd say all your troubles were worthwhile.

But anyways, yay, for my sudden resurrection! I'm well aware of my long absence in the forum thread. The last weeks were hell; you know, tons of projects, periodical tests, and all that. But now that it is Christmas break, I'll have ample time for the project. Best thing is, my teachers were being angels with them not giving any sembreak homeworks.

I'm gonna start things off with some edits. As always, comments and suggestions are welcomed.

Espurr

Mega Medicham

Made a rough start on the hopping fletchling.

something tells me that its going more boing-boing rather than hop-hop though...

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
watch that transparency there.

Anyways here is an argument for the selective expansion of the colour palette.

(palette not final)
this asshole right here

Black horns become red but bottom blacks become tan and fins go white to red HOLY CRAP.

I managed to find a stray grey shade from arkeis' original then cut out one colour from the mouth and the grey in the eyes (which really sucks now that it is gone).

Here I'm going to argue that it would be easier for us to expand the palette for the sprites that need it most, this is primarily for animation. I would rather have a gyrados that secretly has 20 colours (but looks 15 like the original) that palette swaps into another that looks like it has 15 colours (but actually 20).

Some fangames might not like this but I don't care about them, they can make their own safe version, the expansion of palette shouldn't be something done lightly but with jerks like Xerneas and Mega Gyarados people will wonder why it doesn't look like it does in-game.

Although if you think a sprite ought to break the rule run it by me first :d

I will make a new version of the sprite with this in place later.

Last edited:
Ridaz your right its face dose look derpy so i changed it back.
View attachment 6070
Hey!
Because I'm still bugged by Chesnaught's eyes, allow me to propose a more typical-faced version of Chesnaught.

Changes:
- Eyes made smaller and "angrier"
- dat smirk retained
- Fixed placement of thorns on right arm (our right)
- Thickened legs/feet
- Changed curvature of the lines on the legs
- Tuft of hair under chest made smaller
- Green napkin thingy under head made smaller

For your consideration. :D

Oh and because I've been itching to fill the questionnaire:
Name: I don't have an english name. Screw it :(

1. How did you choose your Smogon username?
Ehh, made it up when I was 13 years old. I had this nickname in elementary school called the 'cold-blooded animal', because I rarely mixed with classmates or laughed along with them. So...'Ice-cold Claws' sort of came out from that. Sort of.

2. What is your favourite colour? (you may pick more than one, limit 3)
- Orange
- Black
Yeah, I like both Mega Charizards.

3. Approximately how long have you been spriting?
- Since my join date on Smogon.

4. Why did you join the sprite project? (write as little as one sentence, or as much as a paragraph)
- It's the holidays and I'm taking a break from video game programming (more on that later.)

5. a) What are your favourite Pokemon? Pick three.
1. Electivire (I kicked my brother's ass with this guy once, and I loved him since.)
2. Scrafty (I don't care what you say about him he's awesome)
3. Ehh...Charizard maybe??

5. b) What is your favourite gen. 6 Pokemon?
Clawitzer (hi, aXl!)

6. If you were a Pokemon, what would you be, and why?
Being Ditto can do wonders, man. You could be anything. Anything

7. Describe your competitive Pokemon experience, e.g., favourite tier(s).
I have close to zero competitive experience. I've only played against my brother for a while in DPP OU, and I didn't really plan/predict in battle, which meant losing every time (except the time Electivire got a Motor Drive! :D) Now I can only name the tiers....no idea about anything else.

OPTIONAL QUESTIONS:

8. Cool/random facts about yourself? What do you like to do outside of art/spriting?
- Uhh, I'm 16
- Spriter for BW CAP4 (Aurumoth) and CAP1's prevo (Scratchet)
- Bizarrely, both were won by a first-poll majority (yeah, yeah...I'm a showoff.)
- Currently programming/spriting for my own 8-bit game called Little Green Soldier. (For a year already.)
- My dream goal on here is to earn the Artist badge, man.

9. Which sprites have been your favourite to work on?/Which do you think turned out the best?
- Well my record is meager so I can only say Xzard *shrug* more coming soon, though.

10. Any shout-outs to your fellow spriters?
- Early WSC spriters: Bynine(B), aXl etc, who inspired me to begin spriting.
- ToastTyrant13, who may not be here anymore but was the first guy to welcome me to Smogon spriting. *sheds manly tear*
- elcheeso, my old WSC competitor, and a really talented dude.
- Quanyails, whom I've seen done some amazing spriting work. (That Suicuno. I haven't forgotten.)
- Wyverii, whom I look up to as a spriter.
- Aragornbird/Arkeis, whom I look up to as a spriter.
- Layell, as a leader, and a spriter whose improvement over the years has been phenomenal.
- Any and every long-term spriter on this thread: princessofmusic, Legitimate Username, Branflakes, Viperdk1, Silver, and any other name that I'm very unfortunately too tired of typing to mention. You've all done a really impressive job. Like, seriously. I've never seen anything like this project.

Layell said:
watch that transparency there.

Anyways here is an argument for the selective expansion of the colour palette.

Dude, the shiny version's mouth looks like its bleeding, I think you need to fix that, unless its supposed to be like that (I remember how shiny feraligatr's mouth was blue in the inside xD)

And yeah, I'll work on the transparency later. Need to get the hop perfected first

Dude, the shiny version's mouth looks like its bleeding, I think you need to fix that, unless its supposed to be like that (I remember how shiny feraligatr's mouth was blue in the inside xD)

And yeah, I'll work on the transparency later. Need to get the hop perfected first
I hope you can finish flecthing's animation :D and could someone send me the document for the shiny pokemon in waiting?

Made a rough start on the hopping fletchling.

something tells me that its going more boing-boing rather than hop-hop though...
Think it needs a tiny bit more movement in the legs and feet when it comes down from the 'hop', but looks solid enough at the minute.

Espurr

Mega Medicham
Not convinced Espurr needed any changing to be honest (particularly with the eyes). -glances at spreadsheet- Okay, that's new. If you've updated the spreadsheet could you please tell people on the forum? It's hard to do updates to sprites when we don't even know which one is the one being used at the minute @_@ Anyway:

espurredit.png

Raised the eye by one pixel, and edited the palette (that palette looks too bright for Espurr imo).

Really like the Medicham, especially with the new pose - would probably need a few edits to the backsprite for it to match though.

Artist, I think its located on the list in the 1st page. If its not, then I really don't know. And a LOT of people stick around for recoloring stuff, sooo you PROBABLY have to beat them in the race. ;)

Anyways, this is my progress on fletchling's rare animation

hope this is okay...

Ridaz

Don't @ me
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnus
View attachment 6070
I also raised sylveons eye and it dose look better thanks for the advice.
Yes! I think it's ready for animation.

Hey!
Because I'm still bugged by Chesnaught's eyes, allow me to propose a more typical-faced version of Chesnaught.

Changes:
- Eyes made smaller and "angrier"
- dat smirk retained
- Fixed placement of thorns on right arm (our right)
- Thickened legs/feet
- Changed curvature of the lines on the legs
- Tuft of hair under chest made smaller
- Green napkin thingy under head made smaller

For your consideration. :D
Now that's more like it!

Mega Medicham
What was wrong with the old one?
This one needs some more shading work.

hope this is okay...
The transparency...
Also, I feel like something's missing here... A bigger pause after the 2nd hop? I don't know...

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus

added transparency, and did what you suggested Ridaz
Pretty good job there. What if you tried making its legs move by like a pixel to make it look like its hopping more. Also moving his tail down by a pixel or so when he lands. Think that might be all it needs to be finished.

and dont you think the forehead is a bit too pronounced on charizard Layell?

Last edited:
Like bending and moving the legs a tiny bit when it lands and moving the tail down as it goes up into the air then moving it up as it goes back to the ground, then having the tail bounce down and back up a tiny bit when it lands as well. Siiilver

On another note, what programmes do people use for animation, I would quite like to help out over the holiday.

Hello, everyone!

For many weeks, I've wanted to create a master to-do list for every sprite in the project. Now is the best time to do that, since we're nearing an actual deadline (public release 1.0, Jan. 3rd), and Layell made me his protégé and gave me animation veto and stuff. The other day, I sent Layell a shortlist of animation approvals for Megas only and planned to write a much more comprehensive list later for gen 6. Both compilations are below.

Before you approach the gen 6 list, please read this explanation on a score system I use.

I rate each set of sprites based on three categories: Accuracy, Beauty, and Integrity. Each category is out of ten, and the sprite ends up with a total score out of 30. Below are explanations for each category.

Accuracy
--> How well the sprite resembles the actual 'mon.
Anatomy/proportions go here. This is probably the most "important" category of the three, since it isn't mutually exclusive from the others; having correct proportions simply causes a sprite to look better anyway. Is everything the right size? Is the sprite as a whole the right size? How good is the face?

Beauty
--> How good the sprite looks to the eye.
Palettes mostly go here; things like how polished/refined the shading and outlines also impact this section. Think "wow factor": a Showdown user who sees the sprite should be impressed with how cool/nice/good it looks.

Integrity
--> How well the sprite reflects Game Freak's style.
Self-explanatory, I think. Beauty and integrity sometimes conflict.

For ease, each score out of 30 also corresponds to a letter grade.

29-30 = A+
27-28 = A
25-26 = A-
23-24 = B+
21-22 = B
19-20 = B-
13-18 = C
7-12 = D
0-6 = F

The main purpose of this score system isn't to judge sprites crudely, but to provide a quick reference on which sprites are high priority/need the most work so that they're animation ready. Generally, sprites with a score of 25 (A-) or above are probably ready for animation or close. Things in the upper B range might need minor work, and anything lower than that needs a lot of editing. The objective is to get everything at approximately a 25 or above. FYI, nothing has a perfect score of 30. Only one sprite can boast an A+. Thankfully, at this stage of the project, we also have nothing at a D or below.

Mega Venusaur - yes
Mega Blastoise - no; it looks derpy and unrefined
Mega Charizard X - no; head still needs work ito said it best: the forehead should be less pronounced
Mega Charizard Y - no; the back could be nicer
Mega Alakazam - no; the eyes need work and maybe some other stuff yes
Mega Gengar - no; not really gen 5 style yet
Mega Kangaskhan - I can't see it lol
Mega Pinsir - no; the outlines seem dark and the back doesn't match the front
Mega Gyarados - no; nobody listened to me and added more black outlines yes
Mega Aerodactyl - no; it looks weird
Mega Mewtwo X - yes
Mega Mewtwo Y - "done" but ito must fix the tail
Mega Ampharos - no; it's close but sounds like Brany wants to fix it some more btw I am sorry to LU. I'd be honoured if you animated my favourite Mega >A<
Mega Scizor - no; aXl needs to make a matching back
Mega Heracross - can't see
Mega Houndoom - yes
Mega Tyranitar - no; needs to be more refined
Mega Blaziken - no; kind of squished and not very readable de-paper-fy the fire. Also, the back looks kind of wonky. yes
Mega Gardevoir - done already
Mega Mawile - no; LU's redoing it
Mega Aggron - no; it's close but the wrong front is on the chart and aXl might edit the back still
Mega Medicham - yes
Mega Manectric - no; could use a few touch-ups on the outlines
Mega Banette - yes
Mega Absol - lol done
Mega Garchomp - it's done, right?
Mega Lucario - done
Mega Obama - yes done

MASTER TO-DO LIST
version 1.4
Central
650 Chespin
Score: A-9, B-8, I-9 = 26 (A-)
Ready for animation: no
Notes:
- someone said that the leaves on its head are crooked?
- revert completely to Geo's palette

651 Quilladin
Score: A-9, B-8, I-8 = 25 (A-)
Notes:
- fix/"sharpen" the eyes; Rooster did this but his might be too stark
- use Geo's Chespin palette

652 Chesnaught
Notes:
- the rating is for TeraVolt's, and it doesn't look good on the sim imo
- Geo has a free-to-use Chesnaught front that's very good, but it's too big and needs a back
- ideas?

- fix the shading on the white part of the left arm and do the back sprite

653 Fennekin
Score: N/A
Notes:
- 500000 versions of Fennekin have passed through this project
- none of them have gotten its face right, so we're asking N-Kin to do an animated back for his

654 Braixen
Score: A-9, B-7, I-8 = 24 (B+)
- I was fixing this one; I'll return to it sometime
- minor things could be better such as the palette and pose

655 Delphox
Score: A-9, B-9, I-9 = 27 (A)
Notes:
- close, but I want to wait until Fennekin and Braixen are done to do final palette/shading adjustments
- what does "back dress tuft" mean on the other list?

656 Froakie
Notes:
- we're using N-Kin's Froakie; that's what the rating is for

657 Frogadier
Score: A-9, B-9, I-8 = 26 (A-)
Notes:
- colours need to match Layell's latest version of Greninja

658 Greninja
Score: A-10, B-9, I-9 = 28 (A)
Notes:
- I'll approve when the others in its line are done/more or less when Layell approves

659 Bunnelby
Ready for animation: yes
Notes:
- it could be a bit nicer as a sprite but no big deal

660 Diggersby
Notes:
- could also be nicer, and the palette seems kind of weird
- low contrast/looks too much like the in-game model?

661 Fletchling
Notes:
- it would be nice if Siiilver could do the back soon
- on the front animation, the "nod" could be less harsh

662 Fletchinder
Score: A-10, B-9, I-8 = 27 (A)
Notes:
- why does the link for the front sprite not work

663 Talonflame
Ready for animation: done
Notes:
- it's out of proportion compared to the in-game model
- the body is too small compared to the wings
- but we're restricted by the canvas
- so we're done

664 Scatterbug
Notes:
- can we use aXl's redo since he did one
- this rating is for the one on the chart

- it got fixed

665 Spewpa
Notes:
- can aXl redo this too eventually
- fab cocoon

666 Vivillon
Notes:
- I'd prefer if someone did QC for the body still
- only applicable to the front
- the head and body look squished/unreadable

667 Litleo
Notes:
- his face is craycray
- I think that Sleet's version has more potential with enlargement

668 Pyroar (male & female)
Score: A-10, B-8, I-9 = (27)
Notes:
- Arkeis's colours are a bit bright
- probably give Litleo and Pyroar the same palette where there's overlap when they're both done
- Layell's to-do list says new backs

669 Flabébé
Notes:
- gonna do a final edit with Viper's red, etc.

670 Floette
Notes:
- same as Flabébé
- also what about my idea of using AZ's Floette as the shiny

671 Florges
Notes:
- same as Flabébé
- it could be more accurate as well; Princess will fix

672 Skiddo
Notes:
- why weren't this and Gogoat updated the last time I did QC for them
- it bothers me that it's looking at us and not the opponent

673 Gogoat
Score: A-8, B-7, I-6 = 21 (B)
Notes:
- I want Siiilver to finish his back and see what it looks like
- the ratings for these two are based on not my versions

674 Pancham
Score: A-10, B-8, I-9 = 27 (A)
Notes:
- we're using N-Kin's; that rating is for N-Kin's

675 Pangoro
Score: A-8, B-7, I-8 = 23 (B+)
Notes:
- this was done before animation veto was a thing, right?
- I don't like the palette/shading/proportions, but what are we going to do now
- the animation is cool, though

676 Furfrou
Notes:
- I'd make the palette more beige than stark white

677 Espurr
Notes:
- needs the same face that led the internet to glorify it
- not stoned enough
- colours should be somewhat lighter
- the ears should look rounder/less attached to the head

678 Meowstic (male & female)
Notes:
- male looks surprised?
- some of the outlines could be better, especially on the ears
- fewer 45 degree diagonals

679 Honedge
Score: A-8, B-6, I-7 = 21 (B)
- I want aXl to redo this because he redid Doublade
- I did a detailed breakdown of this thing a long time ago
- it basically doesn't look as good as Doublade and Aegislash at this point

680 Doublade
Notes:
- someone has to fix what's on Layell's to-do list
- I might fix the palette again

681 Aegislash (shield/blade)
Notes:
- this is a rating for LU's Aegislash; Brany's will be very different

682 Spritzee
Score: A-10, B-8, I-10 = 28 (A)
- this looks so legit
- minor colour edits might be needed
- will approve when Aromatisse is done

683 Aromatisse
Score: A-10, B-8, I-8 = 26 (A-)
- palette too bright/too much contrast
- I'll probably fix it; otherwise it's good

684 Swirlix
Score: A-10, B-8, I-9 = 27 (A)
Notes:
- N/A

685 Slurpuff
Notes:
- N/A

Coastal
686 Inkay
Score: A-10, B-8, I-8 = 26 (A-)
Notes:
- idt it's zermonious's sprite anymore lol

687 Malamar
Score: A-10, B-8, I-7 = 25 (A-)
Notes:
- idk how to get it to look nicer/more like GF's style without going over the colour limit

688 Binacle
Score: A-10, B-7, I-9 = 26 (A-)
Notes:
- it's a bit big
- the blue is fine, but the brown and orange are kind of dark
- see the in-game model for this one, not official art

689 Barbaracle
Score: A-9, B-6, I-7 = 22 (B)
Notes:
- imo this is the freakiest pkmn of Kalos
- it's a good start but needs a lot of refinement
- not enough natural outlines; lots of perfectly straight edges and 45 degree diagonals
- outlines are shaded weirdly? black spots are distracting
- the colours are off
- again, see the in-game model for this one
- too tall compared to Malamar and Delphox

690 Skrelp
Score: A-10, B-8, I-10 = 28 (A)
Notes:
- very well-done
- not final about the colours
- will likely update and approve once Dragalge is complete

691 Dragalge
Score: A-6, B-5, I-5 = 16 (C)
Notes:
- probably my biggest "no" of the project
- needs a revamp: new palette, proportions, cooler-looking

692 Clauncher
Score: A-7, B-7, I-8 = 22 (B)
Notes:
- imo needs a redo/revamp

693 Clawitzer
Score: A-9, B-10, I-8 = 27 (A)
Notes:
- I think that it's fine

694 Helioptile
- i don't even know which version to rate
- rating for Wobble's
- it's a bit big

695 Heliolisk
Score: A-9, B-7, I-9 = 25 (A-)
Notes:
- palette update: blacks should be blacker
- dark orange and yellow outlines should be somewhat lighter

696 Tyrunt
Score: A-10, B-10, I-8 = 28 (A)
Notes:
- don't change it pls

697 Tyrantrum
Notes:
- the sprite is fine
- at the risk of sounding like a jerk, if we have time, I think that the animation should be redone properly, not frame-by-frame

698 Amaura
Notes:
- I think that the sail covers the eye too much and makes it look droopy

699 Aurorus
Score: A-8, B-8, I-8 = 24 (B+)
Notes:
- that's one bizarre back sprite
- might as well redo for reasons I stated earlier such as better face and less cartoon-y overall

700 Sylveon
Score: A-9, B-9, I-10 = 28 (A)
Notes:
- please update with the latest versions on page 69
- done at last

701 Hawlucha
Score: A-7, B-8, I-8 = 23 (B+)
Notes:
- the head is wrong, mainly the eye and the nose/bill
- having difficulty editing/revamping

702 Dedenne
Score: A-10, B-9, I-8 = 27 (A)
Notes:
- not 100 percent reflective of GF's style but accurate and nice

703 Carbink
Notes:
- it's a bit flat-looking
- I want to try to fix it later

- Princess has reserved for animation

Mountain
704 Goomy
Score: A-10, B-7, I-8 = 25 (A-)
Notes:
- utilitarian sprites that need an eventual palette update, that's all

705 Sliggoo
Notes:
- the colours seem a bit jarring; I'd switch to something more muted
- otherwise, idk anything about this thing, so I'm leaving it to Layell/Quany/Brany

706 Goodra
Notes:
- I'd fix the head so that the muzzle extends one pixel outward instead of the forehead
- basically the opposite of how it looks now
- same deal as Sliggoo aside from that

707 Klefki
Notes:
- it's close; I want to take a final look at the colours and the way I did the keys
- j'ai fini

708 Phantump
Notes:
- Wobble is awesome

709 Trevenant
Notes:
- I'll talk about this one later
- update pls

710 Pumpkaboo
Notes:
- will approve when Gourgeist is done

710 Gourgeist
Score: A-8, B-6, I-8 = 22 (B)
Notes:
- I can't tell what's different about LU's edits
- Rooster's is a good start but needs to be much more refined
- the outlines need work

712 Bergmite
Notes:
- the link to the back is broken
- is the back as good?
- apparently it needs a tail and we should be good

713 Avalugg
Score: A-9, B-7, I-7 = 23 (B+)
Notes:
- highlights, shading, outlines, and palette could all be a bit better

714 Noibat
Notes:
- cute but in need of some minor anatomical adjustments
- I'm working on this

- I should fix the back

715 Noivern
Notes:

716 Xerneas (active)
Score: A-9, B-9, I-10 = 28 (A)
Notes:
- we're asking N-Kin to make a back for his, and I'll likely resize if he doesn't want to
- awaiting response

717 Yveltal
Score: A-10, B-10, I-9 = 29 (A+)
Notes:
- I have a theory
- Wyv probably works for MI6 but can't tell us she works for MI6 because she works for MI6

718 Zygarde
Score: A-9, B-7, I-9 = 25 (A-)
Notes:
- uhh listen to Layell and Quany on this one
- wider head and better-looking

Well, I must admit you have impeccable timing. I was just thinking about asking you for last-call QC on my existing sprites and then this shows up. Good job!

Anyway, my sprite production is currently slowed quite a bit because I am currently trying to fully IV breed/EV train a team of Pokemon for my brothers a a Christmas present (I will hate Froakies forever now just because it took me seven hours of hatching to finally get one with perfect IVs), but post-Christmas I should pick up steam quite a bit due to Cheistmas Break.

I added comments on your list in regards to anything I had a say in at the time of writing this message on my iPhone while waiting for the dentist. I also posted an updated personal to-do list below if you want to just skip ahead to that. So yeah. My comments will hopefully be in bold unless I find it impossible to do that on an iPhone.

Mega Alakazam - no; the eyes need work and maybe some other stuff

-I can do this while IV breeding for my brother.

Mega Gengar - no; not really gen 5 style yet

-I was considering taking this one eventually if no one else calls it, just throwing that out there

Mega Kangaskhan - I can't see it lol

-From looking on Showdown, my main qualm with it is that I think it looks too much like its just normal kanga with the baby standing next to it. I'd find it cool if we could get a complementary mother-child pose like it gets ingame.

Mega Scizor - no; aXl needs to make a matching back

-Still working on it, it's harder than you'd imagine trying to get a Scizor for reference in game, will probably have progress made post-Christmas

Mega Aggron - no; it's close but the wrong front is on the chart and aXl might edit the back still

-I should have these edits done soon, doing them between IV breeding.

MASTER TO-DO LIST
651 Quilladin
Notes:
- fix/"sharpen" the eyes; Rooster did this but his might be too stark
- use Geo's Chespin palette

-eh might mess with this some more over IV breeding

653 Fennekin
Notes:
- 500000 versions of Fennekin have passed through this project
- none of them have gotten its face right, so we're asking N-Kin to do an animated back for his

-if we're having issues I might tackle this one for scratch work like I did with Tyrunt.

664 Scatterbug
Notes:
- can we use aXl's redo since he did one
- this rating is for the one on the chart

-I got some criticisms from Serebii that matched yours about the front sprite, so I plan on editing the pose first thing after Christmas in addition to making a Spewpa. Two people saying the same thing means it needs fixing.

665 Spewpa
Notes:
- can aXl redo this too eventually

-see above

667 Litleo
Notes:
- his face is craycray

-this thing has been bothering me for multiple reasons as well, as I find its color pallet to lack contrast among other things. might mess with it/remake it later if I have time, but it's fairly low priority for me atm

677 Espurr
Notes:
- needs the same face that led the internet to glorify it
- not stoned enough
- colours should be somewhat lighter
- the ears should look rounder/less attached to the head

-might QC it myself although I see someone else is working on it so I'll see how that goes before QC work

679 Honedge
- I want aXl to redo this because he redid Doublade
- I did a detailed breakdown of this thing a long time ago
- it basically doesn't look as good as Doublade and Aegislash at this point

-If you could send me your list of issues that'd be great

680 Doublade
Notes:
- someone has to fix what's on Layell's to-do list
- I might fix the palette again

-kk will do while IV breeding

689 Barbaracle
Score: A-9, B-6, I-7 = 22 (B)
Notes:
- imo this is the freakiest pkmn of Kalos
- it's a good start but needs a lot of refinement
- not enough natural outlines; lots of perfectly straight edges and 45 degree diagonals
- outlines are shaded weirdly? black spots are distracting
- the colours are off
- again, see the in-game model for this one
- too tall compared to Malamar and Delphox

-low priority desire to remake/QC coming from me on this one if no one wants to take it

691 Dragalge
Score: A-6, B-5, I-5 = 16 (C)
Notes:
- probably my biggest "no" of the project
- needs a revamp: new palette, proportions, cooler-looking

-I have a friend of mine that really wants me to do this sprite. If you're experiencing difficulties with it, I'd be willing to do this one immediately after Mega Scizor (or before if acquiring a Scizor continues to take forever)

693 Clawitzer
Notes:
- I think that it's fine

-I listened to a few of ICC's comments and like the way it came out, also fixed an issue with the outline color being shared between blue and black. I plan on posting this up sometime today or tomorrow to see how people think it stacks up.

694 Helioptile
- i don't even know which version to rate

-might make a new one of these during break if no one else wants

696 Tyrunt
Notes:
- don't change it pls

+)

698 Amaura
Notes:
- I think that the sail covers the eye too much and makes it look droopy

-can fix during IV breeding

699 Aurorus
Score: A-8, B-8, I-8 = 24 (B+)
Notes:
- that is one bizarre back sprite
- might as well redo for reasons I stated earlier such as better face and less cartoon-y overall

-already expressed my potential intent to rework

710 Gourgeist
Score: A-8, B-6, I-8 = 22 (B)
Notes:
- I can't tell what's different about LU's edits
- Rooster's is a good start but needs to be much more refined
- the outlines need work

-correct me if Im wrong but I believe this thing is lacking the hair that's present in its design. I'd need to check the pokedex again but I think it needs some hair addition surgery.

715 Noivern
Notes:

-fluff is being edited over IV breeding, otherwise I am fairly interested in hearing this whenever you'll have it ready. +)
So yeah, current bucket list in descending order of intent to remake/QC:
Mega Scizor (Back only)
Dragalgae (With permission of course, I have no idea how much effort you have invested in this one atm)
Scatterbug (Front only)
Spewpa
Mega Gengar
Aurorus
Honedge
Helioptile
Litleo
Mega Kanga
Fennekin
Barbaracle
Espurr

If anyone wants anything on the list, just say so. Im going to be incapacitated until the 26th so feel free to work in my comatose state.

Also, wise choice in favorite Gen 6 Pokemon, ICC. +)

Typing on an iPhone really sucks, btw.

EDIT: Xerneas too pretty, 10/10 jolly fat men would use to pull sleigh

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)