Media Yakuza/Like A Dragon discussion thread

(BEFORE THIS THREAD STARTS - PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE POST NOTHING RELATED TO 8 - I DIDN'T HAVE TIME TO PLAY IT YET AND IM AVOIDING NEARLY EVERY SPOILER SO ONLY MENTION GAMES FROM BEFORE LIKE A DRAGON 8)

(Judgment series included)
This is a pretty self explanatory thread - let's discuss stuff related to my favorite video game series Yakuza/Like A Dragon
Why?: cuz why not - I got a lot of thoughts regarding the series and everything it has done for me
F30AB73B-5A28-4D3C-AE1F-2A3D2D2086BF-22364-00000A15D39A382D_tmp.jpg

Before anything:
If you wanna get started with the series I recommend going by this order:
  1. Yakuza 0
  2. Yakuza Kiwami 1
  3. Yakuza Kiwami 2
  4. Yakuza 3 Remaster
  5. Yakuza 4 Remaster
  6. Yakuza 5 Remaster
  7. Yakuza 6
  8. Yakuza: Like A Dragon
  9. Like A Dragon Gaiden
  10. (Like A Dragon: Infinite Wealth/8 but im not there atp thanks to me not having time irl so pls avoid talking ab this one for the time being)
Of course you dont have to play this way - you can also play in release order or play 0 after 5 but I recommend it because of how the series starts in 1988/89 (I don't rly remember which year) in Y0 and then moves forward from there on

Im gonna immediately start a big discussion with this: Yakuza 4s story is the worst in the series

The rubber bullets are one thing, the implications of Saejimas deal with Haruka is another but the thing that really made it the worst story out of all Yakuza games for me was Yasuko
My god, Yakuza has some of the best written characters in fiction, literally also proven in this game thanks to Akiyama and Saejima but Yasuko was the most shallow and boring person ever written
I was really annoyed by her ESPECIALLY IN KIRYUS PART my god my fucking god was she annoying
I'm genuinely glad she got shot because fucking hell I couldn't take another minute with her she made the story genuinely inexcusable

This ofc sounds like I hate Yakuza 4 - I don't
I think most of the story was alright, the characters are some of the best in the series (besides Yasuko) and the gameplay was rly fun but the rubber bullets, Yasuko and THAT SAEJIMA SCENE really ruined the game for me

StupidFlandrs48

World’s sweatiest casual
is a Pre-Contributor
I've only played Y0 and didn't finish it, but I have vague plans to return to the series grind later so I might as well drop my Completely Objectively True™ take

Goro Majima is the one true god of this universe, everyone else should bow down to his glorious eyepatch

I've only played Y0 and didn't finish it, but I have vague plans to return to the series grind later so I might as well drop my Completely Objectively True™ take

Goro Majima is the one true god of this universe, everyone else should bow down to his glorious eyepatch
This
Literally this

Do me personally a favor and finish 0 as soon as you can and continue on this series is genuinely the best piece of fiction ever written imo

StupidFlandrs48

World’s sweatiest casual
is a Pre-Contributor
This
Literally this

Do me personally a favor and finish 0 as soon as you can and continue on this series is genuinely the best piece of fiction ever written imo
Here's the problem with that
I agree the story is really great, but who cares about peak fiction when you can spend dozens of hours getting addicted to virtual mahjong and similar pastimes

Here's the problem with that
I agree the story is really great, but who cares about peak fiction when you can spend dozens of hours getting addicted to virtual mahjong and similar pastimes
Great point, unfortunately I never had enough time to enjoy a lot of the side content because I wanted to finish the games before University started and I did but it unfortunately meant I rly had to do the story and some grinding but even then it wasn't a ton because the games really aren't all too hard - I wish I got more into them tho ig I got a bit into them with Like A Dragon and Lost Judgment but besides that not rly

I absolutely love Yakuza Kiwami's OST, the intro theme is probably one of my favourites in the series. I initially found the game from a streamer on twitch who was doing variety stuff at the time, and was going on about a sleep paralysis demon, lol.

I absolutely love Yakuza Kiwami's OST, the intro theme is probably one of my favourites in the series. I initially found the game from a streamer on twitch who was doing variety stuff at the time, and was going on about a sleep paralysis demon, lol.

In general - I honestly don't listen to ANY video game OSTs except for Yakuzas because damn man... They are so good...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)