Media Your favourite albums?

I'm in my music nerd era, and I've been checking out many different albums from many different periods of time. I don't really know how to rank my favorite albums ever because I just love too many. With that being said, here's my favorite album from every year since the year 2000. Note that some of these change every day, so a list tomorrow will differ from one today.

73CDAB55-51AE-43F2-A489-48F25B34C74B.png

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
RMT Leader
I'm in my music nerd era, and I've been checking out many different albums from many different periods of time. I don't really know how to rank my favorite albums ever because I just love too many. With that being said, here's my favorite album from every year since the year 2000. Note that some of these change every day, so a list tomorrow will differ from one today.

View attachment 537663
ngl this is a fire list and you have great taste

Magic Mayhem Maiden

formerly CorruptionInTheGovernment
a3137852776_10.png

I am insane in ranking my favorite songs last year and I am going to do it again this year. I'm not sure, but I kinda feel alone in liking melodic and narrative songs (which ends up mostly as doujin electronic music from Japan), so I have a hard time finding favorites from other people. Anyways, last year it was Silentroom that immediately became my favorite artist, and this year Diverse System is tearing up my senses.

The album I want to talk about is AD:PIANO VIII -Alter-. I love piano as an instrument, and there's a whole series of piano-based compliation albums??? This is the second album in a trilogy of 7, 8, 9 (although why are the descriptors -Alternative-, -Alter-, then -Alt- ??). From the covers and artists I've heard about last year, I knew I would be at least interested.

Sadly I don't remember my first hearing of the album but I think it was decent enjoyment of the songs, with three standout songs. But over time, the songs have grown on me, and now I like 10 out of the 18 songs here! I don't think I'll like all of the songs, but this easily makes this one of my favorite albums right now, combined with the various emotions the tracklist takes you through.

I have a natural distinction between the top three and the other seven songs, so here's my top three songs for now:

#01. II.諦観 (by Feryquitous) - Sometimes being simple is good. I love the sound effects, the low grueling sounds, the sharp lash, and even the vocals which I generally don't like. Only thing is I would have liked a bit more brightness from the first song of the album considering the tracks that follow it, but that shouldn't come at the expense of the great dreary atmosphere in this song.
#17. Stigma (by Error Signal) - No this was not an immediate standout song. This song is very low-key and makes no sense (I still don't understand why it works for me), but I always find the second-to-last songs the most intriguing. Everything feels random yet deliberate at the same time, and it has a pretty chilling ending.
#04. Albireo (by BlackY) - Favorite song from the album. I immediately fell in love with this because of the unrivaled energy and unique piano runs. It follows two songs with some hints of energy and is followed by songs that go all out, so the position works well.

The other seven songs are #02. nihil, #03. Glimmer, #05. Celestial Intertwine, #06. 量子力学のためのピアノ協奏曲, #07. Frog Rappa, #12. Neglected Pianist, and #18. Requiem Cantata "祈り".
(yes I did like the first seven songs of the album)

I would recommend this album (and the rest of Diverse System), but I know people's tastes varies a lot. But anyways, thanks for listening to an excited rambling!

Honestly looking at the other posts of this thread I've kinda been like well huh. My music taste sucks lol. I more so just listen to individual songs than albums but if I had to choose one, I'd choose "Electric Light Orchestra - The Gold Collection"

I haven’t listened to nearly enough albums, but these are my top 5:

1. Green Day - American Idiot

Favorite album for sure. Boulevard of Broken Dreams and American Idiot got me into Green Day, and Green Day got me into rock music. Every song on this album has its own personality, and every one is great. Jesus of Suburbia and Homecoming are both 9-minute epics, and every minute is worth it. Either could be considered Green Day's best song. Also, the whole album tells as story.

Favorite Song: Holiday. Cool guitar riff, catchy and memorable lyrics, and the megaphone rant is the icing on the cake.
Other Favorites: the rest of the album

2. Alice In Chains - Dirt

AiC's best album. Masterpiece. Enough said.

Favorite Song: Rooster. The song that made me like AiC
Other Favorites: Dam that River, Rain When I Die, Them Bones, Would?

3. Smashing Pumpkins - Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness

I love this album. It is very long, crossing the 2-hour mark, but it is so good. There are fast-paced songs like Bullet with Butterfly Wings but they're balanced out by slower pieces like Thirty-Three. And despite its long runtime, there is little filler.

Favorite Song: Zero. Beautiful guitar riff, plus the sound of it memorable and the vocals are great as well.
Other Favorites: Muzzle, Here is No Why, Thirty-Three, 1979, Thru the Eyes of Ruby

4. Red Hot Chili Peppers - Californication

Dreaming of Californication... Very good album, a little all over the place stylistically (compare Easily to Porcelain) but it somehow works.

Favorite Song: Californication
Other Favorites: Parallel Universe, Scar Tissue, Otherside, This Velvet Glove

5. Alkaline Trio - From Here to Infirmary

The most obscure album on here, but it definitely earns its #5 placement. It has some of the best guitar riffs I've ever heard, along with very strong songwriting. The Alkaline Trio is overall a great band that deserves more recognition, and I think this is their best album.

Favorite Song: Private Eye
Other Favorites: Mr. Chainsaw, Stupid Kid, I'm Dying Tomorrow, Trucks and Trains

Honorable Mentions: other albums by the same bands

Green Day - Insomniac
Favorite Song: Geek Stink Breath

Alice in Chains - Alice in Chains
Favorite Song - Heaven Beside You

Smashing Pumpkins - Siamese Dream
Favorite Song: Today; I also enjoy Mayonaise and Cherub Rock

Alkaline Trio - Good Mourning
Favorite Song: Emma

topsters2.jpg

Last edited:
my top 100 of the year so far :> still subject to change but tbh idk if ill be able to listen to much other than jane remover for the rest of the year lmao (sorry the titles are small, you can blame king gizzard for that,,,,,)

chart.jpg

I haven’t listened to nearly enough albums, but these are my top 5:

2. Alice In Chains - Dirt
3. Red Hot Chili Peppers - Californication
4. Smashing Pumpkins - Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness
3 albums with deep history to me - got into AiC myself and Dirt is their best
my fav uncle got me Californication as a kid
and use to steal my moms copy of smashing pumpkins - mellon collie and be listening to it at out to eat family dinners cus i hated the inevitable spats ppl would have off ideals lmao.

topsters2 (1).png

they're separated into 3 categories based on how much i like them, the top group being my most liked. besides which group they're in, theres no order. lmk if you want the names of any.

My opinions have changed a lot, so here's an updated list. One per artist excluding my glorious kings of King Gizzard and The Lizard Wizard.
1EEB32C6-C9DB-480A-A55E-2282477B36E5.jpeg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)