Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 216 HP / 148 Def / 144 SpA
IVs: 30 SpA
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Energy Ball
- Aromatheraphy
- Hidden Power Ice / Flying / Electric
- Synthesis

Would this Meganium partner well defensively (and offensively) with a Rock Polish Relicanth? No idea what I want for the Hidden Power, Flying seems nice because it nails Fighting types too.

So Exeggutor left the tier and Regirock/Slowking/Poliwrath joined. Does this mean that Meganium usage will spike to take on these threats (since she's the only halfway decent Grass type left on the tier that doesn't take SE damage from any of their STABS).

In theory, Shiftry/Cacturne could rise in usage to deal with Slowking, but they can't handle Poliwrath. Meganium takes at least neutral damage from all three of their STABS, has the bulk to survive it and the speed to outrun them. However, the lack of power to kill them may be a bit of a turnoff. And Grass types are going to be needed again because all three of these Pokes wall Fire types pretty handily

Leaving NU:
Quilfish
Eggy
Ursaring
Kangaskahn
Primeape

Joining NU:
Slowking
Regirock
Poliwarth

Slowking was in the dreaded Milking era, one half of the dominant force. He was often argued as a 'needed force' to combat the 'broken fires'. A suspect test later, and the 'Broken Fires' are still here. [Entei got a new toy AFTER Slowking left] Obviously, they were not so broken after all, so Slowking isn't such a needed, imbalanceing force.

Regirock fails to be OHKO'ed by even Banded Hitmonchan's Close Combat. And he happens to be a great partner for Slowking [Especially with, say, Vileplume or Venomoth covering Grass type attacks]

NU might just enter an age of stall. No pokemon can defeat both Slowking and Regirock, the Rock-king Combo. And as no one pokemon can defeat them, the metagame will be almost like GSC, where Skarmbliss was all but invincible, because there was no pokemon which could overcome both [Say, Infernape?], or trap and remove one. [Magneton to Skarm]

Leaving NU:
Quilfish (Well, it is a bit tricky to stop in Rain.)
Eggy (We all saw it coming.)
Ursaring (Dammit. Now I'm short a good TR sweeper.)
Kangaskahn (:/ There goes my antilead.)
Primeape (See Eggy.)

Joining NU:
Slowking (This is gonna be a pain.)
Regirock (Ugggh.....Remind me to stick Toxic on things.)
Poliwrath (Sort of want. I always rather liked him. Could use a good physical Water that can put bigger holes in things instead of Floatzel. Also nice semi-stop to Rain.)
My thoughts in bold. Yes, I can tell Slowking/Regirock is going to be a royal pain. *shot* Remind me to stack on some Toxic Spikes later on Roselia or something since Quilfish is going.

Oh my goodness. A increase of sandstorm teams is to come. Stall will be dominant. One of the best toxic spikers are gone. How are we going to deal with SlowRock/RockKing

Finally grass pokes can shine... because they dismantle the RockKing duo we're going to see everywhere.
And then, back to the fire pokes...

GSC was boring as crap and now it's invading our NU.

Hippopotas
Slowking
Regirock
grass type
counter to grass type
counter to counter to grass type

It'll be just like how people envisioned a OU with Ho-oh! Every team is the same.
Or even worse, it'll be Porygon-Z UU days, when UU was actually more boring than OU for once in it's life.

I plan on running a anti meta game team =P

Also I am going to try manectric that can wreck the dou. Maybe?
Manectric @ Life Orb/Petra Berry
Modest 252 Sp Atk/252 Spd/ 4 HP
-Rain Dance
-Thunder
-Substitute/Overheat
-HP Water/Ground

Simple set Sub on the switch, if they switch into Regirock you get a substitute. You get a rain dance when Regirock breaks the sub. With the sand gone HP water will do a lot. Thunder can take care of Slowking. Substitute also makes predicting easy and you can sub down to petra if that's the item of choice. Overheat can be ran if you hate grasses. But with Rain Dance it isn't as good.

HP Ground can be ran if you hate skutank but HP Water gets rain boost and hits fires SE.

LO Modest Manectric HP Water in the Rain vs 252/36/0/0/220/0 Careful Regirock 57.1% - 67.6% 2 hit KO >.> That's the best I got.

LO Modest Manectric Thunder Vs 212/0/0/44/252/0 Calm Slow King 84.4% - 100% soo SR is required...

That's the best I got to check this dou. Anyone know a counter to this combination. We go no Boah, no Infernape and stuff. Include the sand and this combo will make you tear your hair out....

The Manetric seems solid, but I really prefer Spike Support if you go with Life Orb, and Petaya without. Let Regirock or King knock you down into Berry Range as you set up the Rain on their last, then decimate them.

Honestly, I would think a Grass that could outspeed Slowking and can take -one- Flamethrower or Psychic could break the duo. This, unfortunately, doesn't mean things like Vileplume aside from Sleep Powder. Honestly, I thought I recall there being some Overgrow-abuse Meganium with SD/Seed Bomb/EQ/Sub that someone was speaking of earler that likely could break them.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I remember people saying Meganium was anti-metagame last week. I heavily disagreed then. I will change my mind now. The three new NUs will all be roflstomp'd by SD Meganium, hehe. Fire-types will be less viable with the drop-downs, so Meganium will be safer.

Meganium @ Leftovers
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SpA)
- Swords Dance
- Seed Bomb
- Earthquake
- Return

A problem with Meganium's Grass/Normal coverage is the fact that Magneton, who's probably going to be paired with SlowRock teams due to Grass resist, resists Grass/Normal.

This set tries to relieve the problem by adding Earthquake to the mix, which will knock out Magneton and other Steel-types thanks to Meganium's very high attack with Swords Dance.

---

It's a rough mockup of a SDMeganium set to hopefully do well in new NU. How's it look? Unfortunately, Drifblim and other Flying-types are a huge thorn in Meganium's side... Iron Tail won't even 2HKO Drifblim without SR or LO...
Spikes and SR are going to be pretty much necessities now. Who are good Pokemon to set them up?

Actually, RocKKing can easily be paired up with Vileplume as a x4 Grass Resist, Water Resist, and Fighting Resist, user of Aromatheraphy [Getting rid of Regirock's Sleep Status/Poision on Slowking], and Absorber of Toxic Spikes.

There goes any point of stacking T-Spikes. Just stick Vileplume down on your team, it's not like with Rock-King that Fire types will matter, eh?

I don't usually play Stall at all, but I feel in the new NU meta, I'm going to. And once it's obvious that one or both of Slowking and Regirock are broken, I'll hide again.

Spikes and SR are going to be 'nessessities?!'. The Fires were on the rampage last meta, Rocks were cruical THEN, not now, where Fires suddenly become nearly useless. And nothing in NU is good at spiking. Cacturne? Poke it. Roselia? See Cacturne. Glaile? Pretty useless full stop. Not to mention there's tons of leads with Taunt, and they're faster than SR and spikers to the degree that they don't even need Speed EV's to outrun Max speed SR/Spikers.

I'm thinking of trying a certain NFE for spiking. How does Pinco sound within NU?

Why are we allowing Regirock/Slowking in NU anyway? It's obviously going to break the tier. Or are we going to have to wait ten months of suspect testing for it to be said that they break it? You don't combine strength tiers that actually reflect upon something with usage tiers that do nothing.

If it isn't OU, it gets no attention. If Ho-oh and Kyogre fell to OU for one week either by accident or as a "joke", people would moan and groan until it was fixed (aka, something OBVIOUSLY broken in OU and it gets fixed instantly). Cressy and Porygon-Z join UU and it takes like a month for them to get the boot out.
And SR/Spikes are necessities due to SDMeganium needing to OHKO things.

Why is Pineco suddenly a better option over Roselia for you? He's frailer.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Why are we allowing Regirock/Slowking in NU anyway? It's obviously going to break the tier. Or are we going to have to wait ten months of suspect testing for it to be said that they break it? You don't combine strength tiers that actually reflect upon something with usage tiers that do nothing.

If it isn't OU, it gets no attention. If Ho-oh and Kyogre fell to OU for one week either by accident or as a "joke", people would moan and groan until it was fixed (aka, something OBVIOUSLY broken in OU and it gets fixed instantly). Cressy and Porygon-Z join UU and it takes like a month for them to get the boot out.
And SR/Spikes are necessities due to SDMeganium needing to OHKO things.

Why is Pineco suddenly a better option over Roselia for you? He's frailer.
Stop complaning. Those Pokemon are allowed in NU because they are NEVERUSED. Their usage indicates that's the tier they belong in. You don't know that Slowking and Regirock would break the tier without testing them, theorymon can only get you so far. Your analogy of Ho-oh and Kyogre is completely off, since they are in the Ubers list, and their usage stats have nothing to do with tiering because they are already found to be obviously broken. Cresselia and P-Z were obviously not broken enough for people to give them quick-boots, and this is including the fact that there were people who voted them UU as well.

RockKing should be called RegiKing, if you ask me.

Pretty much the only thing I've found capable of beating it is SD Meganium, and even then, Slowbro might be packing Ice Beam, and they both take hits incredibly well.

Pretty much the only thing I've found capable of beating it is SD Meganium, and even then, Slowbro might be packing Ice Beam, and they both take hits incredibly well.
Slowking will never stand a chance of taking SD Seed Bomb. With 3 layers of Spikes, if memory serves Regirock is OHKOed too. LO SD Seed Bomb will COMPLETELY own them.

I don't think it much matters if it's Ice Beam, Flamethrower, or Psychic being used other than Freeze/Burn hax. I think even an offensive Meganium can take one unboosted move to KO. You also forget it's SLOWking. Even Meganium can outspeed it, so if Meganium sets up on the switch, Slowking will be able to literally do nothing. Either King or Rock -will- die, and Vileplume might be the reason for something like Earthquake or Body Slam.

Hrm. Now if I can find out a decent way to save Roselia and lure in Vileplume to deal with it before using the Toxic Spikes....I apologize if I seem pessimistic about how things will work, I'm just predicting a lot more Sandstorm Stall thanks to mainly Regirock. Slowking is easily dealt with by a number of my usual team members.

A good lure for Vileplume would be a Grass type that's packing Hidden Power Flying/Fire/Psychic. Grass is roflpwning RegiKing anyway, and Vileplume is the next best switch-in...

Now is when I'm really starting to miss Eggsy. Dammit.
This is why it's so broken. Meganium is basically our only hope and he isn't doing shit to Vileplume. Besides, HP Fire/whatever means no SDMeganium...

Probably a long, long shot but would Tropius be even remotely viable? Grass/Flying gives the STAB we need and he's fast enough to outpace the new trio of Vileplume/Regirock/Slowking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)