9th Ring of Hell - Team Tournament [Round 1 - #91]

question: since this final is round robin 3 team thing, do we really need tiebreakers? a tiebreaker wouldn't help since it just potentially provides a scenario where teams end up on the same amount of pts, meaning you'd have to count like w/l ratio or something. I'd be for the idea of not having tiebreakers because of the risk that this will just end up in a tie providing further tiebreakers.

HO might've had an intense match up, but the crits were real

Sorry Faint :<

(Although Ekiller Jolly LO Ekiller was going to 6-0 that team alongside Gengar)

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I say sweep forfeits to kebabe so team kebabe gets 7 wins alongside team fire red omega so we can get a tiebreaker round. Y/y?

Why the fuck would we need tiebreakers though? all teams are playing each other in a round robin, wins equate to more points that draws but they still happen- that's how round robin is. then you just put up a table and declare the winner. All a tiebreaker between teams does at this stage is risking more tiebreakers

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Why the fuck would we need tiebreakers though? all teams are playing each other in a round robin, wins equate to more points that draws but they still happen- that's how round robin is. then you just put up a table and declare the winner. All a tiebreaker between teams does at this stage is risking more tiebreakers
Because then team kebabe has 7 total wins and team firered also has 7 total wins so tiebreaker round n_n
As Blue Jay himself has said, it would make more sense to have the generation five match be weighted less in the event that something like this should happen--considering that the original purpose of the generation five match was, in the first place, to settle any hax that might have happened in the generation six matches. A tiebreaker is pretty dumb and like Hack said, only ends up risking another tiebreaker.
Luckily team firered has 6 gen 6 wins and 1 gen 5 win this round, while team kebabe has 5 gen 6 wins and 1 gen 5 win. So as long as kebabe beats sweep then regardless of the weight on a match, the tiebreaker outcome still occurs lel

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Well if kebabe beats sweep then both teams will have 7 wins...idk how ogasian wants to work this but right now we're in a bit of a gridlock and I don't think a true winner can be determined yet. I don't see how we can't not have at least some sort of tiebreaker.

ack ninjad

Just follow the original rules, let firered and firm play their tie breaker. If firered wins they win the whole thing.

I'm just curious to know how the tiebreaker game is supposed to be done. (if that is what we are doing)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)