Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 19 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can an evolved Pokemon learn Pre-evolution moves through the Move Relearner? Example: I evolved my Shrromish to a Breloom without giving it Spore. Can Breloom go to the Move Relearner and get Spore anyways?
I tried this to get my Roserade to learn Grasswhistle, and it didn't work, so I'd have to say no.

Raj

CAP Playtesting Expert
Can an evolved Pokemon learn Pre-evolution moves through the Move Relearner? Example: I evolved my Shrromish to a Breloom without giving it Spore. Can Breloom go to the Move Relearner and get Spore anyways?
it's a 100% no for sure. It may seem like a pain in the ass, but it keeps the noobs w/o Spore Brelooms.

in my experience, i've found the best and most useful pokemon are 75% of the time found in the wild, not bred... am i stupid?
Without breeding you don't have:

Egg moves
Passing down good IVs from parents
50% chance of getting the correct nature with an Everstone

All of these are vital in competitive battling. IVs can boost a stat by up to 31 points and natures give a 10% boost to a stat while dropping 10% from another, and egg moves are completely vital to some movesets. That's a big difference to me.

in my experience, i've found the best and most useful pokemon are 75% of the time found in the wild, not bred... am i stupid?
Very. RNG manipulation makes the question moot anyway, since you can legitimately force the game to give you whatever IVs you want =/

EDIT: Ninja'd, by a better post no less =(

Hey, I had an idea for a scarfed Magnezone to come in on a ScarfRachi using trick and proceed to kill it while it had to keep Tricking the scarves back and forth. Is that feasible? If you trick yourself another choice item can you then switch moves or no?

TheFourthChaser

#TimeForChange
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Hey, I had an idea for a scarfed Magnezone to come in on a ScarfRachi using trick and proceed to kill it while it had to keep Tricking the scarves back and forth. Is that feasible? If you trick yourself another choice item can you then switch moves or no?
In the actual game I don't think this would happen but in Shoddy Battle it would.

Why does shoddy use that odd back sprite for Gastrodon? And where did they get it?
Ah, a Gastrodon question. ^_^

You see, Gastrodon was a pokémon originally intended to be included in Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald. However, for whatever reason, programmers (or whoever makes such decisions) decided to not have Gastrodon in the game. Interestingly enough, programmers neglected to remove Gastrodon's back sprite from the game, and judging from its appearance, the original Gastrodon was very likely to have a slightly different design.

Is having 512 evs illegal?
Yes. You can have a maximum of 510 EVs on a Pokemon, and a maximum 255 in a single stat, though you should only put up to 252 in any given stat (those last 3 EVs don't do anything, since your stat is increased by 1 at level 100 for each 4 EVs you put into a stat).

Edit: Quality over speed, Cards.

Poison Jab or Megahorn any good on a ingame Rapidash, for fighting the E4?
Megahorn could be useful for Lucian (Psychic). There aren't any grass-types in the E4 (besides Cynthia's Roserade, which is half-poison, and a fire move would kill her anyway), and the only trainer who you would have better coverage against is Flint (Fire), assuming you don't have Bounce or would rather not use it.

Team-wise, I'd say bring a fire- or flying-type to take care of Aaron (Bug) and Cynthia's Roserade (Fire would also take care of her Lucario), a water-type or two for Bertha (Ground) and Flint, an ice-type for additional coverage against bertha and for Cynthia's Garchomp and Togekiss, an electric-type (prefferably physical, like Electivire) for Cynthia's Milotic and Togekiss, and any other pokemon you may need to take care of Cynthia's Lucario and Spiritomb, Lucian's Bronzong, and any other pokemon seen here that you may have problems with.

(This is all assuming you're playing Platinum, by the way.)

Megahorn could be useful for Lucian (Psychic). There aren't any grass-types in the E4 (besides Cynthia's Roserade, which is half-poison, and a fire move would kill her anyway), and the only trainer who you would have better coverage against is Flint (Fire), assuming you don't have Bounce or would rather not use it.

Team-wise, I'd say bring a fire- or flying-type to take care of Aaron (Bug) and Cynthia's Roserade (Fire would also take care of her Lucario), a water-type or two for Bertha (Ground) and Flint, an ice-type for additional coverage against bertha and for Cynthia's Garchomp and Togekiss, an electric-type (prefferably physical, like Electivire) for Cynthia's Milotic and Togekiss, and any other pokemon you may need to take care of Cynthia's Lucario and Spiritomb, Lucian's Bronzong, and any other pokemon seen here that you may have problems with.

(This is all assuming you're playing Platinum, by the way.)
Thanks for the information. Its gonna serve to be useful

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Why does the analysis use EQ on Hitmonlee? Ground and Fighting overlap...
You mention the analysis so I assume you read it... It specifically says Earthquake is used to hit bulky poison-types who sponge Close Clombat.

Would it be a good idea to use EQ on the Band set and the two priorities on the LO set? LO is more to pick-off offensive teams...damn no Ice Punch :<...

Would it be a good idea to use EQ on the Band set and the two priorities on the LO set? LO is more to pick-off offensive teams...damn no Ice Punch :<...
it would help to know the pokemon you're talking about
if you mean hitmonlee (or any pokemon), the analysis answers all your questions

edit: in fact like 80% of your questions can be answered from the actual analysis

Ok, I've asked this question in a few different forums and have yet to get an answer. I've been trying to find those tiny little pictures that people use in Warstories so I can write out one for a Monotype battle. I honestly can't find them anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)