SPOILERS! Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl Data Dumps

In addition to the starters, these Pokémon aren't available in the underground (but obviously are above ground):-

Abra, Azurill, Bonsly, Burmy, Carnivine, Happiny, Chatot, Cleffa, Cranidos, Drifloon, Feebas, Finneon, Goldeen, Heracross, Magikarp, Pichu, Remoraid, Riolu, Shieldon, Spiritomb, and Starly.

Notably, you can find Munchlax underground, so unless it's rare that should make it MUCH easier to put on your team. Gabite also appears to be available late-game, much like it was in Platinum's Victory Road

Losing Gliscor as a potential option is pretty huge as well.

Maybe I missed this - but why Smoochum of all things to be what appears to be, the only non-Plat dex mon available before post game in this game? Just seems incredibly random to me.
Oh, Smoochum is actually a pretty cool one! I have an answer to this!
In the original DP, most of the Pokémon you needed the National Dex to find were either only found in the Battle Zone (i.e. not mainland Sinnoh) or locked behind some special encounter method like swarms, the Radar, dual slot mode and so on.
Smoochum and Jynx were actually the literal only exception - they were still found in a postgame-only area (and one you needed the National Dex to reach, so they couldn't make it count for the regional dex before then), but that area was Snowpoint Temple, as much a part of mainland Sinnoh as any other Sinnoh-dex Pokémon!
In some ways, it was about as close as you could get to "actually Sinnoh-native all along" - it was a very unique position for only the one line, so maybe they were making a subtle shoutout to that distinction by making it an honorary member of the Sinnoh dex!

As for Pinsir, Scyther and Pinsir were version-exclusives in DP, but they were broken up a bit in Platinum (where Scyther was added to the regional dex and Pinsir was not). Since the devs seem to have wanted to keep above-ground encounters the same, this making them exclusives in BDSP too - so if Scyther "had" to be added to the Grand Underground because it was in the Platinum dex, they still wanted to preserve its version-exclusivity, so they added back its old Pearl-exclusive counterpart Pinsir to match!

Teddiursa is... uh... honestly the most random of them - they also added it to Legends for no obvious reason (and it's one of only three lines like that so far, the others being Vulpix and Spheal) and we've even seen an Alpha Ursaring, so maybe they just felt like it should have been in Sinnoh all along? :'D

Out of the loop here; what's the USUM Numel situation? All I can see on Bulbapedia is that it wasn't available in SMUSUM
Basically, every Pokémon that had a Mega Evolution could be caught natively in USUM (most were specifically added to the regional dex, but there are also Island Scan encounters and Ultra Warp Ride encounters for the few that weren't, Legendaries obviously included in the latter).
A lot of people took this as a deliberate choice, probably meant to coincide with the fact that every Mega Stone could now be bought at the Battle Tree and not just the ones in the regional dex.
The only exceptions were Diancie, which cannot be caught natively in any game, and... Camerupt, for no obvious reason at all - people were wondering how to get Camerupt for a while because it seemed so bizarre for it to be the only one, and there were so many different encounter methods that could easily have accommodated for it, but for whatever reason, it was forgotten. :')

ALSO A QUICK THING ON THE SHEET
I am deeply sorry-- I misinterpreted a somewhat important bit of data and have corrected it since my last post!
What I had listed as "special moves" the first time around were actually the moves that were specifically prevented - in other words, I had them completely backwards! OTL
A Pokémon in the Grand Underground can potentially spawn with any of its Egg moves except the ones that were specifically enumerated in the files. I have corrected this and added all of the legal Egg moves to the sheet instead (while keeping the Forbidden Egg Moves tab intact because it's cool information)! Just noting this because I know a lot of people looked earlier and would have been misinformed >->
in conjunction with the above post: RIP Chatot oh my heck - it was so close to having Boomburst after all

it does make that egg move feature potentially a lot more interesting than it was looking, so i'm glad you caught it (hi from twitter!)

KaenSoul

Shared:Power Little Knight
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Community Leader
Oh, Smoochum is actually a pretty cool one! I have an answer to this!
In the original DP, most of the Pokémon you needed the National Dex to find were either only found in the Battle Zone (i.e. not mainland Sinnoh) or locked behind some special encounter method like swarms, the Radar, dual slot mode and so on.
Smoochum and Jynx were actually the literal only exception - they were still found in a postgame-only area (and one you needed the National Dex to reach, so they couldn't make it count for the regional dex before then), but that area was Snowpoint Temple, as much a part of mainland Sinnoh as any other Sinnoh-dex Pokémon!
In some ways, it was about as close as you could get to "actually Sinnoh-native all along" - it was a very unique position for only the one line, so maybe they were making a subtle shoutout to that distinction by making it an honorary member of the Sinnoh dex!

As for Pinsir, Scyther and Pinsir were version-exclusives in DP, but they were broken up a bit in Platinum (where Scyther was added to the regional dex and Pinsir was not). Since the devs seem to have wanted to keep above-ground encounters the same, this making them exclusives in BDSP too - so if Scyther "had" to be added to the Grand Underground because it was in the Platinum dex, they still wanted to preserve its version-exclusivity, so they added back its old Pearl-exclusive counterpart Pinsir to match!

Teddiursa is... uh... honestly the most random of them - they also added it to Legends for no obvious reason (and it's one of only three lines like that so far, the others being Vulpix and Spheal) and we've even seen an Alpha Ursaring, so maybe they just felt like it should have been in Sinnoh all along? :'D

Basically, every Pokémon that had a Mega Evolution could be caught natively in USUM (most were specifically added to the regional dex, but there are also Island Scan encounters and Ultra Warp Ride encounters for the few that weren't, Legendaries obviously included in the latter).
A lot of people took this as a deliberate choice, probably meant to coincide with the fact that every Mega Stone could now be bought at the Battle Tree and not just the ones in the regional dex.
The only exceptions were Diancie, which cannot be caught natively in any game, and... Camerupt, for no obvious reason at all - people were wondering how to get Camerupt for a while because it seemed so bizarre for it to be the only one, and there were so many different encounter methods that could easily have accommodated for it, but for whatever reason, it was forgotten. :')

ALSO A QUICK THING ON THE SHEET
I am deeply sorry-- I misinterpreted a somewhat important bit of data and have corrected it since my last post!
What I had listed as "special moves" the first time around were actually the moves that were specifically prevented - in other words, I had them completely backwards! OTL
A Pokémon in the Grand Underground can potentially spawn with any of its Egg moves except the ones that were specifically enumerated in the files. I have corrected this and added all of the legal Egg moves to the sheet instead (while keeping the Forbidden Egg Moves tab intact because it's cool information)! Just noting this because I know a lot of people looked earlier and would have been misinformed >->
in conjunction with the above post: RIP Chatot oh my heck - it was so close to having Boomburst after all
Chatot is fine actually, as Taillow appear in the underground and the only 'prevented' move is Brave Bird, that means you can find one with Boomburst and then pass it to Chatot.

Chatot is fine actually, as Taillow appear in the underground and the only 'prevented' move is Brave Bird, that means you can find one with Boomburst and then pass it to Chatot.
I don't see it on the encounters list at all, just on the moves list. This is also true of Eevee.

So that's... 8 Pokémon, then? That you can't get before the National Dex, excluding evolutions

- Tangela
- Eevee
- Porygon
- Gligar
- Nosepass
- Tropius
- Spiritomb (probably. or it's really annoying)
- Rotom

- Rhyhorn
- Gligar
- Duskull

I'm curious myself about held item and pickup rates; particularly to see how easy it is to get the Electrizer, Magmarizer and Dawn Stone. Most of the time the former two have been 5% items, but in DP they were 50% so it'd be interesting to see if they were reverted back to that high rate for the remake

So that's... 8 Pokémon, then? That you can't get before the National Dex, excluding evolutions

- Tangela
- Eevee
- Porygon
- Gligar
- Nosepass
- Tropius
- Spiritomb (probably. or it's really annoying)
- Rotom

- Rhyhorn
- Gligar
- Duskull
Spiritomb just needs to talk to 32 people like last time

Honestly it's probably not that hard to do since online is available for the underground.

So with the exception of Porygon (which was already questionable because evolving requires trading), I think that, save for some TBC things about evolution items, I can pretty much use my initial planned party.

Spiritomb just needs to talk to 32 people like last time

Honestly it's probably not that hard to do since online is available for the underground.
You can't talk to other players in underground

Some details on Spiritomb -- basically it's the same thing of "talk to 32 people", but other players can't join your underground and you have to talk to 32 different NPCs down there; meaning it's going to be a very annoying task to get this thing

https://www.reddit.com/r/PokeLeaks/comments/qs8r4h

I just want to know if Tropius' model was changed (like Bibarel) so its standing on the ground like its DP sprite. The gliding animation doesn't do it for me.

I just want to know if Tropius' model was changed (like Bibarel) so its standing on the ground like its DP sprite. The gliding animation doesn't do it for me.
Just gonna let you down gently and say there will be zero model changes

You cant go to the underground with a friend online and mine together like in the originals?
You can go online with others, but you can only interact through emotes which doesn't count as people talked to. I'm pretty sure you can mine together but that's the only purpose

I know this is pretty minor, but does anyone have a clear answer to how early you can grab Gible? I know its back to D/P needing strength above ground, but I haven't gotten a clear understanding if you can get it before that underground where its also available.

Just gonna let you down gently and say there will be zero model changes
There...are. They changed some of the poses of the models to resemble the original DP sprite poses. I just mentioned Bibarel as an example in my comment.

Pose in everything before this game:

I just want to see if Tropius was lucky enough to get such a change. I'm doubtful because its a Post Game mon, but there's always a chance.

There...are. They changed some of the poses of the models to resemble the original DP sprite poses. I just mentioned Bibarel as an example in my comment.

I just want to see if Tropius was lucky enough to get such a change.
Do you have an image of where they changed the poses, I hadn't noticed anything about Bibarel like that

I do think some of the teams are being a little overhyped. Like yeah, there are absolutely insane movesets in here; but you are still going to be sweeping Candace and you are still one-shotting half of Cynthia's team with Infernape. There's certain individual Pokémon that have been upgraded (Yache Garchomp is the stuff of nightmares), but it's mostly stuff that was difficult to begin with and has been updated to still be threatening in the current climate.

Don't get me wrong, the teambuilding on display here is perhaps the best we've ever seen; but outside of a few particular Pokémon I don't see it providing a radically harder challenge.
I think it's cool that they have competent movesets. That's a serious improvement.

But yeah the monotype trainers get team wiped by whatever they're weak to. Even Cynthia has to deal with game boy level AI and thus probably just gets 6-0ed by Twave lead into DD Gyarados. Or... almost any amount of planning / strategy. At the end of the day these trainers are going to have abysmal AI and still get wrecked unless you're grossly under leveled and / or are using shitmons like Pachirisu.

I'm excited about the better trainers but you're right, it's a pretty small addition in the grand scheme of things. It would be cool if they had updated AI so they would actually switch once in a while.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)