move 4: Signal Beam
item: Psychium Z / Wiki Berry
ability: Prism Armor
nature: Modest
evs: 68 HP / 252 SpA / 188 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Photon Geyser busts through common defensive threats such as Amoonguss and ignores abilities like Unaware on Quagsire. Furthermore, when the move is powered up with Psychium Z Necrozma can defeat more specially defensive foes like Diancie and Hippowdon. Heat Wave and Signal Beam form good coverage in conjunction with Photon Geyser, hitting important Steel-types such as Scizor and Mega Aggron and Psychic- and Dark-types like Latias and Krookodile. Psyshock and Moonlight can be used over Photon Geyser and Signal Beam in order to let Necrozma serve as a more reliable sweeper late-game and beat foes such as Blissey and Suicune that shrug off Photon Geyser, but the drop in power, the fact that other Psychic-types like Reuniclus and Latias directly outclass this set, and the limiting of Necrozma's coverage can prove troublesome. Earth Power is also a viable option, hitting the likes of Empoleon and Alolan Muk for good damage, but this comes at the high cost of being unable to hit Scizor super effectively.

Set Details
========

Psychium Z turns Photon Geyser into Shattered Psyche, which breaks through walls such as Rhyperior and Sylveon when boosted with little to no chip damage needed. Wiki Berry is an alternative if your team's Z-Crystal slot is already taken, giving Necrozma a semi-reliable form of recovery. One should note the vulnerability to Knock Off when running this item, however. Prism Armor grants Necrozma the ability to take hits from Dark- and Ghost-types attempting to revenge kill it, like Gengar, Hydreigon, and Krookodile, a lot better than it otherwise would. 188 Speed EVs allow Necrozma to outspeed neutral-natured base 70 Speed Pokemon, like Bisharp and Volcanion, and Jolly Bewear.

Usage Tips
========

Necrozma's average bulk means it should set up on forced switches from Psychic-weak targets like Nidoking and weaker attackers such as Gligar. If Necrozma has Psychium Z, the item's use should be entirely dependent on the nature of the opposing team. Offensive teams more than likely won't let Necrozma set up freely, if at all, so using the Z-Move for damage on forced switches is entirely acceptable, whereas bulkier teams will more than likely let Necrozma use Calm Mind at some point, making saving the Z-Move until boosted the optimal play in most cases. One should consider opposing Dark-types potentially coming in on the Z-Move, though. Additionally, when facing bulkier teams, Necrozma can be used as an early- and mid-game wallbreaker or a late-game cleaner, with the choice being up to the player. Prism Armor's reduction of damage from super effective moves means Necrozma can stay in at higher ranges of health and punish common attackers such as Krookodile and non-Ghostium Z Gengar. The former is especially notable, as Krookodile will often try to Pursuit trap Necrozma, making staying in a good play in some scenarios. Attempt to weaken bulkier Psychic-resistant Pokemon like Mega Aggron and Slowbro with the appropriate coverage move or pressure from teammates before setting up with Necrozma. Photon Geyser's lacking PP means liberal usage can hamper any attempts to wallbreak or sweep with Necrozma, so great care has to be taken with it, especially against Pokemon with Pressure, such as Suicune, or specially defensive foes like Blissey. Take advantage of Necrozma's good power when unboosted and bulk when boosted by hitting predicted switch-ins with the appropriate coverage move and using weaker revenge killers like Choice Scarf Hydreigon as further setup fodder. Finally, this set's lack of reliable recovery means Toxic can cripple Necrozma severely, so avoid it unless you absolutely have to leave Necrozma in.

Team Options
========

Fairy-types such as Sylveon, Florges, and Klefki make for excellent partners, as they take on troublesome Dark-types, and in return, Necrozma serves as a reliable lure to Scizor. Klefki in particular fits well, as Necrozma benefits heavily from the entry hazards while being capable of pressuring most Defoggers and spinners. Sylveon and Florges can also provide Wish and Heal Bell support to keep Necrozma healthy throughout the match. Fighting-types like Terrakion and Infernape help pressure Steel-types that can take Heat Wave, such as Empoleon and Bronzong, as well as punish Dark-types looking to switch into Necrozma. VoltTurn support from pivots such as Mega Manectric and Mega Beedrill can help bring Necrozma in safely on weaker defensive threats that offer free setup opportunities. Entry hazard setters are important to get the opposing team in range of boosted attacks, so the likes of Cobalion and Empoleon are always good teammates. Pursuit users such as Mega Aerodactyl, Choice Scarf Krookodile, and Assault Vest Bisharp are great options to deal with a weakened Blissey, which, if at full HP, can shrug off any attack Necrozma uses, as well as Calm Mind Latias, which can freely switch in on Necrozma and beat it one-on-one. Teammates such as Mega Altaria and Taunt Hydreigon that can deal with Calm Mind users other than Latias, such as Suicune and Reuniclus, can fit well with Necrozma. Necrozma can also break common defensive threats like Mega Aggron and Alomomola, so teammates that can take advantage of these threats being removed, such as Scizor and Mega Sharpedo, make for very good partners.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[faded love, 241308]]
- Quality checked by: [[Twilight, 344575], [Hilomilo, 313384], [Nuked, 382658]]
- Grammar checked by: [[Rabia, 336073], [Empress, 175616]]

Last edited:
[SET]
name: Calm Mind
move 1: Calm Mind
move 2: Photon Geyser
move 3: Heat Wave
evs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

You only need 188 Spe EVs to outpace Bewear, Bisharp, etc. The rest of the investment doesn't let it hit anything bar opposing Necro. Put the rest into HP.

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

• Calm Mind boosts Necrozma’s Special Attack and Special Defense, giving it the ability to effectively break holes in opposing teams.
  • Photon Geyser is Necrozma’s strongest move, busting through common defensive threats such as Amoonguss. Furthermore, when powered up with Psychium-Z, Necrozma can defeat more specially defensive foes like Diancie and Hippowdon.
  • Heat Wave forms extremely good coverage in conjunction with Photon Geyser, hitting common Steel-types such as Scizor, Bisharp, and Mega Aggron for large amounts of damage.
  • Signal Beam rounds out Necrozma’s coverage, hitting important targets such as Starmie, Hydreigon, and Crawdaunt who otherwise shrug off anything thrown at them.
  • Psyshock over Photon Geyser and Moonlight over Signal Beam can be used to serve as a reliable win-condition lategame and beat foes such as Blissey or Suicune who shrug off Photon Geyser, but the drop in breaking power and limited coverage can prove especially troublesome. I would mention how this set would face direct competition with Latias, which outclasses it.
Set Details
========

• Psychium Z with Photon Geyser is a powerful attack, busting through walls such as Hippowdon and Diancie with little to no chip damage needed beforehand. Use different examples seeing as you brought these exact two ones up in the moves section.
  • Wiki Berry is an alternative if your Z is already taken, giving Necrozma a semi-reliable form of recovery. One should note the vulnerability to Knock Off when running this item, however.
  • Prism Armor is Necrozma’s only ability, granting it the ability to take supereffective hits better. This in turn means common means of dispatching Psychic-types This sentence could do with some restructuring to be easier to follow such as Scarf Hydreigon and Krookodile have more trouble revenge killing Necrozma, boosting its sweeping capability.
  • Bring up here about the Speed EVs and what the 188 Spe lets it hit i.e. Bewear and Bisharp

Usage Tips
========

• Necrozma’s good, but not great bulk I think the word you want is 'average' means you should be setting up on forced switches and weaker attacks such as Tentacruel’s Scald. I'm not a fan of this example because Tentacruel is one of the examples of a Mon that is forced to switch vs Necrozma than stay in to Scald for a free CM. Use another example or reword it.
  • Additionally, this set’s lack of reliable recovery means status conditions mean cripple Necrozma severely, so avoid them unless you absolutely have to leave it in. This point seems rather bleak, I would specify Toxic here as the status as it is the biggest one that cripples its ability to setup multiple times to break/sweep.
  • Be mindful of Prism Armor’s reduction of damage from supereffective sources, meaning you can stay in and punish common attackers such as Krookodile and non Ghostium Z Gengar. The former is especially important as opposing Krookodile will often try to Pursuit trap Necrozma, making staying in a good play in a lot of scenarios.
  • Should Necrozma choose to use Psychium Z, the use should be entirely dependent on the nature of the opposing team. More offensive teams more than likely won’t let Necrozma setup freely, if at all, so dropping the Z-move for damage on a non Dark-type Pokemon You don't need to specify this especially when you bring up a point about Dark-types at the end of this point. is entirely acceptable, whereas bulkier teams will more than likely let Necrozma use Calm Mind at some point, making saving the Z-move until boosted the optimal play in most cases. One should be mindful of opposing Dark-types potentially coming in on the Z-move, however. This point and the status one should swap places.

Team Options
========

• Fairy-types such as Sylveon, Mega Altaria, and Klefki make excellent partners, as they take on troublesome Dark-types, and in return Necrozma serve as a reliable offensive check to a Scizor. Klefki in particular fits well, as Necrozma benefits heavily from the entry hazards while also being capable of pressuring most Defog and Rapid Spin users. Bring up that Sylveon and even Florges can provide cleric support to remove status, especially if you are going to dedicate a point about it in usage tips.
  • Fighting-types like Terrakion and Infernape help pressure more defensive Steel-types such as Empoleon and Bronzong as well as punish Dark-types looking to swap into Necrozma.
  • VoltTurn support help can bring Necrozma in safely on weaker defensive threats that offer free setup opportunities. Give examples here like Rotom-H, Scizor, Mega Manectric etc. Bringing up slower pivots is also good as they bring in Necro safely.
  • Entry hazard setters are important to get the opposing team into range of boosted attacks, so the likes of Cobalion and Empoleon are always good teammates.
  • Pursuit users, such as Mega Aerodactyl, Choice Scarf Krookodile, and Assault Vest Bisharp are great options to deal with Blissey, who shrugs off anything Necrozma has from full, as well as Calm Mind Latias, who can freely swap in on Necrozma and beat it in a one-on-one.
  • Necrozma loses to other CM users like Suicune, not just Latias so I would make a point on this for teammates that help with this. Mega Altaria comes to mind as a Pokemon that is capable of checking and beating both so bring this up.
  • Also mention partners that appreciate Necrozma breaking walls like Quagsire, Alomomola, Mega Aggron, Mega Steelix etc. Stuff like Scizor.
[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[durzaofftopic/>, <357488/>]],[[<faded-love/>, <241308/>]]
- Quality checked by: [[<username1>, <userid1>], [<username2>, <userid2>], [<username3>, <userid3>]]
- Grammar checked by: [[<username1>, <userid1>], [<username2>, <userid2>]]
Idk what is going on with the credits formatting but fix this to the following:

[CREDITS]
- Quality checked by: [[Twilight, 344575], [, ], [, ]]

- Grammar checked by: [[, ], [, ]]
Implement this then 1/3. Good job

Hilomilo

High-low My-low
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Moves
- I'm not convinced that Calm Mind needs its own line considering how straightforward the information presented is. I'd remove it.
- I'd include in the Photon Geyser line that it allows Necrozma to bypass Pokemon with Unaware like Quagsire and Pyukumuku.
- Instead of saying Signal Beam hits certain targets, I'd say that it hits Dark- and Psychic-types to more specifically identify its use and to mention more examples. Make sure that Hydreigon, Latias, Mew, and (Mega) Slowbro are mentioned here since they're arguably the most key targets.
- I'd also say when bringing up Psyshock that it can improve Necrozma's matchup against opposing Calm Mind users, specifically Suicune.
- Consider adding Earth Power here as an option over Heat Wave that still hits most Steel-types while super effectively damaging Alolan Muk and Empoleon. Make sure to emphasize its obvious drawback in failing to hit Scizor super effectively, though.

Set Details
- Mention another example or two of a Psychium Z target, like Sylveon and/or Suicune.
- Change your Decidueye example to Modest Volcanion.

Usage Tips
- Give some examples of forced switches.
- Not sure Primarina's the best example considering its unboosted Moonblast can 3HKO on the switch. Stuff like Alomomola, Amoonguss, and Tentacruel would make better examples, though be sure to mention that it should look out for status ailments.
- Elaborate a little bit more on how to use Psychium Z in more offensive matchups since right now it kind of just reads like you can just drop it at any time in the match. Be a bit more specific.
- Talk about how specifically to use this set as a whole in certain matchups. Against more offensive teams using it as an early- to mid-game breaker can be fairly successful, though after its checks are weakened on balance it can be used as a solid cleaner.
- Talk about ideal setup conditions for Necrozma (main idea is what should probably be removed or weakened before it comes in to do its thing).
- Mention what to do on predicted switch-ins into Psychic resists (going for another CM boost or hitting them with the appropriate coverage move). Be sure to provide some examples.
- I don't think it'd hurt to say something about Photon Geyser's fairly low PP, meaning you should be careful about spamming it too liberally (you can also try tying this point in with the suggestion directly above).

Team Options
- I would say that Necrozma can lure Scizor in with Heat Wave instead of labeling it as a reliable offensive check in the Fairy-type line.
- Instead of 'more defensive Steel-types' I would refer to Empoleon and Bronzong as Steel-types that can handle Heat Wave. I'd also mention in the Fighting-type line that they can aid Necrozma in easing its shaky matchup against Bisharp.
- I would specify that your mentioned Pursuit users can deal with Blissey once it's weakened, considering some have rather shaky matchups against it.
- Jellicent is arguably more niche than Haxorus so I would just include both as regular examples or remove Jellicent.

Implement this and ping me or DM me on disc for a quick followup, just since this is a fair amount of suggestions. Good work!

sanguine

friendly fire
is a Tiering Contributor
Moves
- I'm not convinced that Calm Mind needs its own line considering how straightforward the information presented is. I'd remove it.
- I'd include in the Photon Geyser line that it allows Necrozma to bypass Pokemon with Unaware like Quagsire and Pyukumuku.
- Instead of saying Signal Beam hits certain targets, I'd say that it hits Dark- and Psychic-types to more specifically identify its use and to mention more examples. Make sure that Hydreigon, Latias, Mew, and (Mega) Slowbro are mentioned here since they're arguably the most key targets.
- I'd also say when bringing up Psyshock that it can improve Necrozma's matchup against opposing Calm Mind users, specifically Suicune.
- Consider adding Earth Power here as an option over Heat Wave that still hits most Steel-types while super effectively damaging Alolan Muk and Empoleon. Make sure to emphasize its obvious drawback in failing to hit Scizor super effectively, though.

Set Details
- Mention another example or two of a Psychium Z target, like Sylveon and/or Suicune.
- Change your Decidueye example to Modest Volcanion.

Usage Tips
- Give some examples of forced switches.
- Not sure Primarina's the best example considering its unboosted Moonblast can 3HKO on the switch. Stuff like Alomomola, Amoonguss, and Tentacruel would make better examples, though be sure to mention that it should look out for status ailments.
- Elaborate a little bit more on how to use Psychium Z in more offensive matchups since right now it kind of just reads like you can just drop it at any time in the match. Be a bit more specific.
- Talk about how specifically to use this set as a whole in certain matchups. Against more offensive teams using it as an early- to mid-game breaker can be fairly successful, though after its checks are weakened on balance it can be used as a solid cleaner.
- Talk about ideal setup conditions for Necrozma (main idea is what should probably be removed or weakened before it comes in to do its thing).
- Mention what to do on predicted switch-ins into Psychic resists (going for another CM boost or hitting them with the appropriate coverage move). Be sure to provide some examples.
- I don't think it'd hurt to say something about Photon Geyser's fairly low PP, meaning you should be careful about spamming it too liberally (you can also try tying this point in with the suggestion directly above).

Team Options
- I would say that Necrozma can lure Scizor in with Heat Wave instead of labeling it as a reliable offensive check in the Fairy-type line.
- Instead of 'more defensive Steel-types' I would refer to Empoleon and Bronzong as Steel-types that can handle Heat Wave. I'd also mention in the Fighting-type line that they can aid Necrozma in easing its shaky matchup against Bisharp.
- I would specify that your mentioned Pursuit users can deal with Blissey once it's weakened, considering some have rather shaky matchups against it.
- Jellicent is arguably more niche than Haxorus so I would just include both as regular examples or remove Jellicent.

Implement this and ping me or DM me on disc for a quick followup, just since this is a fair amount of suggestions. Good work!
did, but there’s a couple of sections I took issue with.

I did mention Suicune in the psyshock line, and seeing as it’s the only Calm Mind user that Psyshock + Moonlight really improves the matchup versus, I didn’t find a line like that worth putting in.

Team Options
Necrozma can come in on a boosted scizor as it SDs or a double switch and KO it. I’m not sure how you can’t call that an offensive check.

I’ll implement these if you REALLY want them in, but these changes are a bit iffy imo.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

• Photon Geyser is Necrozma’s strongest move, busting through common defensive threats such as Amoonguss and ignoring abilities like Unaware on Quagsire. Furthermore, when powered up with Psychium-Z, Necrozma can defeat more specially defensive foes like Diancie and Hippowdon.
  • Heat Wave forms extremely good coverage in conjunction with Photon Geyser, hitting common Steel-types such as Scizor, Bisharp, and Mega Aggron for large amounts of damage.
  • Signal Beam rounds out Necrozma’s coverage, hitting important Dark- and Psychic-types such as Mega Slowbro, Hydreigon, and Latias who otherwise don’t care about Necrozma’s other attacking options.
  • Psyshock over Photon Geyser and Moonlight over Signal Beam can be used to serve as a reliable win-condition lategame and beat foes such as Blissey or Suicune who shrug off Photon Geyser, but the drop in breaking power and limited coverage can prove especially troublesome. This set also is directly outdone by Latias, lessening its viability.
  • Earth Power is a viable option, hitting the likes of Empoleon and Alolan Muk for good damage, but these targets are not common enough to warrant losing the ability to hit Scizor supereffectively
Set Details
========

• Psychium Z with Photon Geyser is Necrozma’s most powerful option, busting through walls such as Rhyperior or Sylveon when boosted with little to no chip damage needed beforehand.
  • Wiki Berry is an alternative if your Z is already taken, giving Necrozma a semi-reliable form of recovery. One should note the vulnerability to Knock Off when running this item, however.
  • Prism Armor is Necrozma’s only ability, granting it the ability to take on the likes of the common Choice Scarf Hydreigon and Krookodile much better than other Psychic-types
  • 188 Speed is to creep neutral natured base 70s, like neutral natured Bisharp and Volcanion, and also Jolly Bewear.

Usage Tips
========

• Necrozma’s average bulk means you should be setting up on forced switches from Psychic-weak targets like Terrakion and weaker attackers such as Tentacruel and Amoonguss. (I wouldn't straight up set up on Terrak most of the time because both Z-Stone Edge into stone edge and CB stone edge 2hkoes it and it's outsped, so I'd mention something like Nidoking instead)
  • Should Necrozma choose to use Psychium Z, the use should be entirely dependent on the nature of the opposing team. More offensive teams more than likely won’t let Necrozma setup freely, if at all, so dropping the Z-move for damage on forced switches is entirely acceptable, whereas bulkier teams will more than likely let Necrozma use Calm Mind at some point, making saving the Z-move until boosted the optimal play in most cases. One should be mindful of opposing Dark-types potentially coming in on the Z-move, however.
  • Against bulkier teams, Necrozma can either be used as an early- to mid-game breaker or a cleaner late, depending on depending on what?
  • Be mindful of Prism Armor’s reduction of damage from supereffective sources, meaning you can stay in and punish common attackers such as Krookodile and non Ghostium Z Gengar. The former is especially important as opposing Krookodile will often try to Pursuit trap Necrozma, making staying in a good play in a lot of scenarios.
  • Attempt to weaken bulkier Psychic-type resists like Mega Aggron and Slowbro with the appropriate coverage move or pressure from teammates before setting up with Necrozma.
  • Be mindful of Photon Geyser’s lacking PP, as the consequences of liberal use can stop Necrozma in its tracks. (go more in depth about this, mention that the pp can get worn down by pressure users and blissey against stall teams)
  • Take advantage of Necrozma’s good power unboosted or bulk whilst boosted by hitting predicted switchins with coverage or using weaker revenge killers like Choice Scarf Hydreigon and Fightinium Z Gengar as further setup fodder.
  • Finally, this set’s lack of reliable recovery means Toxic can cripple Necrozma severely, so avoid it unless you absolutely have to leave Necrozma in.

Team Options
========

• Fairy-types such as Sylveon, Florges, and Klefki make excellent partners, as they take on troublesome Dark-types, and in return Necrozma serves as a reliable offensive check to Scizor. (calling it a reliable offensive check is a real reach, so I'd say "necrozma can check Scizor" because you're making it sound like necrozma is an actual answer to scizor when it's not) Klefki in particular fits well, as Necrozma benefits heavily from the entry hazards while also being capable of pressuring most Defog and Rapid Spin users. Sylveon and Florges also can provide both Wish and Heal Bell to keep Necrozma healthy throughout the match.
  • Fighting-types like Terrakion and Infernape help pressure Steel-types that can take Heat Wave, such as Empoleon and Bronzong as well as punish Dark-types looking to swap into Necrozma.
  • VoltTurn support from pivots such as Mega Manectric and Mega Beedrill help can bring Necrozma in safely on weaker defensive threats that offer free setup opportunities. Slower pivots like Bulky Swords Dance Scizor or Rotom-Heat are excellent, as they provide the safest pivots into Necrozma. (how is rotom heat a safe pivot? the most common switch ins to it are latias and hydreigon, both of which necrozma usually can't beat, and since this example isn't replacable just remove the line)
  • Entry hazard setters are important to get the opposing team into range of boosted attacks, so the likes of Cobalion and Empoleon are always good teammates.
  • Pursuit users, such as Mega Aerodactyl, Choice Scarf Krookodile, and Assault Vest Bisharp are great options to deal with a weakened Blissey, who shrugs off anything Necrozma has from full, as well as Calm Mind Latias, who can freely swap in on Necrozma and beat it in a one-on-one.
  • Teammates that can deal with non-Latias Calm Mind users such as Suicune or Reuniclus, like Mega Altaria, Taunt Hydreigon and even more niche threats like Haxorus can all fit well with Necrozma.
  • Necrozma can break common defensive threats like Mega Aggron and Alomomola, so teammates that can take advantage of these threats being removed, such as Scizor or Mega Sharpedo, make very good partners.
[CREDITS]
- Quality checked by: [[Twilight, 344575], [, ], [, ]]
- Grammar checked by: [[, ], [, ]]
QC 3/3

also delete the bullets wtf are you doing

Rabia

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
GP & NU Leader
add
remove
comments

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Photon Geyser is Necrozma’s strongest move, busting busts through common defensive threats such as Amoonguss and ignoring ignores abilities like Unaware on Quagsire. Furthermore, when powered up with Psychium Z(RH), Necrozma can defeat more specially defensive foes like Diancie and Hippowdon. Heat Wave and Signal Beam form good coverage in conjunction with Photon Geyser, hitting important Steel-types such as Scizor or and Mega Aggron and Psychic- and Dark-types(AH) like Latias and Krookodile respectively. Psyshock and Moonlight can be used over Photon Geyser and Signal Beam in order to serve as a more reliable win-condition sweeper late-game(AH) and beat foes such as Blissey or and Suicune who that shrug off Photon Geyser, but the drop in breaking power, the fact that other Psychic-types like Reuniclus and Latias directly outdo this set, and limiting of Necrozma’s Necrozma's coverage can prove troublesome. Earth Power is also a viable option, hitting the likes of Empoleon and Alolan Muk for good damage, but this comes at the high cost of being unable to hit Scizor super effectively(spacing).

Set Details
========

Psychium Z with Photon Geyser is Necrozma’s most powerful option, busting lets Necrozma break (tbh saying it's Necrozma's strongest move is fluff, and the important part anyhow is what the combination lets Necrozma do) through walls such as Rhyperior or and Sylveon when boosted with little to no chip damage needed beforehand. Wiki Berry is an alternative if your Z-Crystal slot is already taken, giving Necrozma a semi-reliable form of recovery. One should note the vulnerability to Knock Off when running this item, however. Prism Armor grants Necrozma the ability to take hits from Dark-(spacing) and Ghost-types attempting to revenge kill Necrozma it,(AC) like Gengar, Hydreigon, and Krookodile,(AC) a lot better than it otherwise would. 188 Speed is to creep EVs allow Necrozma to outspeed neutral-natured(AH) base 70s, like Bisharp or and Volcanion, and also Jolly Bewear.

Usage Tips
========

Necrozma’s Necrozma's average bulk means you should be setting up on forced switches from Psychic-weak targets like Nidoking and weaker attackers such as Tentacruel and Amoonguss (the two weaker attackers you listed are also Psychic-weak, so maybe list ones that aren't?). If Necrozma has Psychium Z, the use should be entirely dependent on the nature of the opposing team. More offensive Offensive teams more than likely won’t let Necrozma set up(spacing) freely, if at all, so dropping using the Z-move Z-Move for damage on forced switches is entirely acceptable, whereas bulkier teams will more than likely let Necrozma use Calm Mind at some point, making saving the Z-move Z-Move until boosted the optimal play in most cases. One should be considering consider opposing Dark-types potentially coming in on the Z-move Z-Move,(AC) though. Additionally, when facing bulkier teams, Necrozma can either be used as an early- to mid-game breaker wallbreaker or a cleaner late-game, with the choice being up to the player. Prism Armor’s reduction of damage from super effective(spacing) sources means Necrozma can stay in at higher ranges of health and punish common attackers such as Krookodile and non-Ghostium(AH) Z Gengar. The former is especially important notable,(AC, previous adjective didn't feel correct, but eh) as Krookodile will often try to Pursuit trap Necrozma, making staying in a good play in some scenarios. Attempt to weaken bulkier Psychic-type resists Psychic-resistant Pokemon like Mega Aggron and Slowbro with the appropriate coverage move or pressure from teammates before setting up with Necrozma. Photon Geyser’s lacking PP means liberal usage can hamper any attempts to break or sweep with Necrozma, meaning great care has to be taken with it, especially against Pokemon with Pressure, such as Suicune, or more specially defensive foes like Blissey..(RP) Take advantage of Necrozma’s Necrozma's good power unboosted or and bulk while when boosted by hitting predicted switch-ins(AH) with the appropriate coverage or move and using weaker revenge killers like Choice Scarf Hydreigon as further setup fodder. Finally, this set’s lack of reliable recovery means Toxic can cripple Necrozma severely, so avoid it unless you absolutely have to leave Necrozma in.

Team Options
========

Fairy-types such as Sylveon, Florges, and Klefki make excellent partners, as they take on troublesome Dark-types, and in return Necrozma serves as a reliable lure to Scizor. Klefki in particular fits well, as Necrozma benefits heavily from the entry hazards while also being capable of pressuring most Defog Defoggers and Rapid Spin users spinners. Sylveon and Florges also can provide both Wish and Heal Bell support to keep Necrozma healthy throughout the match. Fighting-types like Terrakion and Infernape help pressure Steel-types that can take Heat Wave, such as Empoleon and Bronzong,(AC) as well as punish Dark-types looking to swap switch into Necrozma. VoltTurn support from pivots such as Mega Manectric and Mega Beedrill help can bring Necrozma in safely on weaker defensive threats that offer free setup opportunities. Entry hazard setters are important to get the opposing team into in range of boosted attacks, so the likes of Cobalion and Empoleon are always good teammates. Pursuit users,(RC) such as Mega Aerodactyl, Choice Scarf Krookodile, and Assault Vest Bisharp are great options to deal with a weakened Blissey, who which shrugs off anything Necrozma has from full, as well as Calm Mind Latias, who which can freely swap switch in on Necrozma and beat it in a one-on-one. Teammates such as Mega Altaria and Taunt Hydreigon that can deal with non-Latias Calm Mind users other than Latias,(AC) such as Suicune or and Reuniclus, like Mega Altaria and Taunt Hydreigon can all fit well with Necrozma. Necrozma can also break common defensive threats like Mega Aggron and Alomomola, so teammates that can take advantage of these threats being removed, such as Scizor or and Mega Sharpedo, make very good partners.

[CREDITS]
- Grammar checked by: [[Rabia, 336073], [, ]]

gp 1/2 once done

sanguine

friendly fire
is a Tiering Contributor
add
remove
comments

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Photon Geyser busts through common defensive threats such as Amoonguss and ignores abilities like Unaware on Quagsire. Furthermore, when powered up with Psychium Z Necrozma can defeat more specially defensive foes like Diancie and Hippowdon. Heat Wave and Signal Beam form good coverage in conjunction with Photon Geyser, hitting important Steel-types such as Scizor and Mega Aggron and Psychic- and Dark-types like Latias and Krookodile. Psyshock and Moonlight can be used over Photon Geyser and Signal Beam in order to serve as a more reliable sweeper late-game and beat foes such as Blissey and Suicune that shrug off Photon Geyser, but the drop in power, the fact that other Psychic-types like Reuniclus and Latias directly outdo this set, and limiting of Necrozma's coverage can prove troublesome. Earth Power is also a viable option, hitting the likes of Empoleon and Alolan Muk for good damage, but this comes at the high cost of being unable to hit Scizor super effectively.

Set Details
========

Psychium Z with Photon Geyser through walls such as Rhyperior and Sylveon when boosted with little to no chip damage needed. Wiki Berry is an alternative if your Z-Crystal slot is already taken, giving Necrozma a semi-reliable form of recovery. One should note the vulnerability to Knock Off when running this item, however. Prism Armor grants Necrozma the ability to take hits from Dark- and Ghost-types attempting to revenge kill it, like Gengar, Hydreigon, and Krookodile, a lot better than it otherwise would. 188 Speed EVs allow Necrozma to outspeed neutral-natured base 70s, like Bisharp and Volcanion, and also Jolly Bewear.

Usage Tips
========

Necrozma's average bulk means you should be setting up on forced switches from Psychic-weak targets like Nidoking and weaker attackers such as Hippowdon and Amoonguss If Necrozma has Psychium Z, the use should be entirely dependent on the nature of the opposing team. Offensive teams more than likely won’t let Necrozma set up freely, if at all, so using the Z-Move for damage on forced switches is entirely acceptable, whereas bulkier teams will more than likely let Necrozma use Calm Mind at some point, making saving the Z-Move until boosted the optimal play in most cases. One should consider opposing Dark-types potentially coming in on the Z-Move, though. Additionally, when facing bulkier teams, Necrozma can be used as an early- to mid-game wallbreaker or a cleaner late-game, with the choice being up to the player. Prism Armor’s reduction of damage from super effective sources means Necrozma can stay in at higher ranges of health and punish common attackers such as Krookodile and non-Ghostium Z Gengar. The former is especially notable, as Krookodile will often try to Pursuit trap Necrozma, making staying in a good play in some scenarios. Attempt to weaken bulkier Psychic-resistant Pokemon like Mega Aggron and Slowbro with the appropriate coverage move or pressure from teammates before setting up with Necrozma. Photon Geyser’s lacking PP means liberal usage can hamper any attempts to break or sweep with Necrozma, meaning great care has to be taken with it, especially against Pokemon with Pressure, such as Suicune, or specially defensive foes like Blissey. Take advantage of Necrozma's good power unboosted and bulk when boosted by hitting predicted switch-ins with the appropriate coverage move and using weaker revenge killers like Choice Scarf Hydreigon as further setup fodder. Finally, this set’s lack of reliable recovery means Toxic can cripple Necrozma severely, so avoid it unless you absolutely have to leave Necrozma in.

Team Options
========

Fairy-types such as Sylveon, Florges, and Klefki make excellent partners, as they take on troublesome Dark-types, and in return Necrozma serves as a reliable lure to Scizor. Klefki in particular fits well, as Necrozma benefits heavily from the entry hazards while being capable of pressuring most Defoggers and spinners. Sylveon and Florges also can provide Wish and Heal Bell support to keep Necrozma healthy throughout the match. Fighting-types like Terrakion and Infernape help pressure Steel-types that can take Heat Wave, such as Empoleon and Bronzong, as well as punish Dark-types looking to switch into Necrozma. VoltTurn support from pivots such as Mega Manectric and Mega Beedrill help can bring Necrozma in safely on weaker defensive threats that offer free setup opportunities. Entry hazard setters are important to get the opposing team in range of boosted attacks, so the likes of Cobalion and Empoleon are always good teammates. Pursuit users such as Mega Aerodactyl, Choice Scarf Krookodile, and Assault Vest Bisharp are great options to deal with a weakened Blissey, which shrugs off anything Necrozma has from full, as well as Calm Mind Latias, which can freely switch in on Necrozma and beat it one-on-one. Teammates such as Mega Altaria and Taunt Hydreigon that can deal with Calm Mind users other than Latias, such as Suicune and Reuniclus, can fit well with Necrozma. Necrozma can also break common defensive threats like Mega Aggron and Alomomola, so teammates that can take advantage of these threats being removed, such as Scizor and Mega Sharpedo, make very good partners.

[CREDITS]
- Grammar checked by: [[Rabia, 336073], [, ]]

gp 1/2 once done
did, feel free to check over implementation, in case I missed something.

Empress

Don't waffle or you'll get pancaked
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
add remove comment
[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Photon Geyser busts through common defensive threats such as Amoonguss and ignores abilities like Unaware on Quagsire. Furthermore, when the move is powered up with Psychium Z, (AC) Necrozma can defeat more specially defensive foes like Diancie and Hippowdon. Heat Wave and Signal Beam form good coverage in conjunction with Photon Geyser, hitting important Steel-types such as Scizor and Mega Aggron and Psychic- and Dark-types like Latias and Krookodile. Psyshock and Moonlight can be used over Photon Geyser and Signal Beam in order to let Necrozma serve as a more reliable sweeper late-game and beat foes such as Blissey and Suicune that shrug off Photon Geyser, but the drop in power, the fact that other Psychic-types like Reuniclus and Latias directly outdo outclass (subjective change) this set, and the (parallelism) limiting of Necrozma's coverage can prove troublesome. Earth Power is also a viable option, hitting the likes of Empoleon and Alolan Muk for good damage, but this comes at the high cost of being unable to hit Scizor super effectively.

Set Details
========

Psychium Z with turns Photon Geyser into Shattered Psyche, which breaks through walls such as Rhyperior and Sylveon when boosted with little to no chip damage needed. Wiki Berry is an alternative if your team's Z-Crystal slot is already taken, giving Necrozma a semi-reliable form of recovery. One should note the vulnerability to Knock Off when running this item, however. Prism Armor grants Necrozma the ability to take hits from Dark- and Ghost-types attempting to revenge kill it, like Gengar, Hydreigon, and Krookodile, a lot better than it otherwise would. 188 Speed EVs allow Necrozma to outspeed neutral-natured base 70s Speed Pokemon, like Bisharp and Volcanion, and also Jolly Bewear.

Usage Tips
========

Necrozma's average bulk means you it should be setting set (While Necrozma is using the move, you're the one clicking the button, so you can keep this as is if you'd like.) up on forced switches from Psychic-weak targets like Nidoking and weaker attackers such as Gligar. If Necrozma has Psychium Z, the item's use should be entirely dependent on the nature of the opposing team. Offensive teams more than likely won’t let Necrozma set up freely, if at all, so using the Z-Move for damage on forced switches is entirely acceptable, whereas bulkier teams will more than likely let Necrozma use Calm Mind at some point, making saving the Z-Move until boosted the optimal play in most cases. One should consider opposing Dark-types potentially coming in on the Z-Move, though. Additionally, when facing bulkier teams, Necrozma can be used as an early- to and mid-game wallbreaker or a cleaner late-game cleaner, (parallelism) with the choice being up to the player. Prism Armor'(no curly apostrophes)s reduction of damage from super effective sources moves (Are there any sources of type-based indirect damage that Prism Armor mitigates?) means Necrozma can stay in at higher ranges of health and punish common attackers such as Krookodile and non-Ghostium Z Gengar. The former is especially notable, as Krookodile will often try to Pursuit trap Necrozma, making staying in a good play in some scenarios. Attempt to weaken bulkier Psychic-resistant Pokemon like Mega Aggron and Slowbro with the appropriate coverage move or pressure from teammates before setting up with Necrozma. Photon Geyser'(no curly apostrophes)s lacking PP means liberal usage can hamper any attempts to wallbreak (Is this correct?) or sweep with Necrozma, meaning so (repetition) great care has to be taken with it, especially against Pokemon with Pressure, such as Suicune, or specially defensive foes like Blissey. Take advantage of Necrozma's good power when (parallelism) unboosted and bulk when boosted by hitting predicted switch-ins with the appropriate coverage move and using weaker revenge killers like Choice Scarf Hydreigon as further setup fodder. Finally, this set'(no curly apostrophes)s lack of reliable recovery means Toxic can cripple Necrozma severely, so avoid it unless you absolutely have to leave Necrozma in.

Team Options
========

Fairy-types such as Sylveon, Florges, and Klefki make for excellent partners, as they take on troublesome Dark-types, and in return, (AC) Necrozma serves as a reliable lure to Scizor. Klefki in particular fits well, as Necrozma benefits heavily from the entry hazards while being capable of pressuring most Defoggers and spinners. Sylveon and Florges can also can (subjective change) provide Wish and Heal Bell support to keep Necrozma healthy throughout the match. Fighting-types like Terrakion and Infernape help pressure Steel-types that can take Heat Wave, such as Empoleon and Bronzong, as well as punish Dark-types looking to switch into Necrozma. VoltTurn support from pivots such as Mega Manectric and Mega Beedrill help can help bring Necrozma in safely on weaker defensive threats that offer free setup opportunities. Entry hazard setters are important to get the opposing team in range of boosted attacks, so the likes of Cobalion and Empoleon are always good teammates. Pursuit users such as Mega Aerodactyl, Choice Scarf Krookodile, and Assault Vest Bisharp are great options to deal with a weakened Blissey, which, if at full HP, can shrug shrugs off anything any attack Necrozma has from full uses, (Is this what you were trying to say here?) as well as Calm Mind Latias, which can freely switch in on Necrozma and beat it one-on-one. Teammates such as Mega Altaria and Taunt Hydreigon that can deal with Calm Mind users other than Latias, such as Suicune and Reuniclus, (remove extra space)can fit well with Necrozma. Necrozma can also break common defensive threats like Mega Aggron and Alomomola, so teammates that can take advantage of these threats being removed, such as Scizor and Mega Sharpedo, make for very good partners.

[CREDITS]
- Grammar checked by: [[Rabia, 336073], [, ]
GP 2/2

Last edited:

sanguine

friendly fire
is a Tiering Contributor
add remove comment
[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Photon Geyser busts through common defensive threats such as Amoonguss and ignores abilities like Unaware on Quagsire. Furthermore, when the move is powered up with Psychium Z Necrozma can defeat more specially defensive foes like Diancie and Hippowdon. Heat Wave and Signal Beam form good coverage in conjunction with Photon Geyser, hitting important Steel-types such as Scizor and Mega Aggron and Psychic- and Dark-types like Latias and Krookodile. Psyshock and Moonlight can be used over Photon Geyser and Signal Beam in order to let Necrozma serve as a more reliable sweeper late-game and beat foes such as Blissey and Suicune that shrug off Photon Geyser, but the drop in power, the fact that other Psychic-types like Reuniclus and Latias directly outclass this set, and the limiting of Necrozma's coverage can prove troublesome. Earth Power is also a viable option, hitting the likes of Empoleon and Alolan Muk for good damage, but this comes at the high cost of being unable to hit Scizor super effectively.

Set Details
========

Psychium Z turns Photon Geyser into Shattered Psyche, which breaks through walls such as Rhyperior and Sylveon when boosted with little to no chip damage needed. Wiki Berry is an alternative if your team's Z-Crystal slot is already taken, giving Necrozma a semi-reliable form of recovery. One should note the vulnerability to Knock Off when running this item, however. Prism Armor grants Necrozma the ability to take hits from Dark- and Ghost-types attempting to revenge kill it, like Gengar, Hydreigon, and Krookodile, a lot better than it otherwise would. 188 Speed EVs allow Necrozma to outspeed neutral-natured base 70 Speed Pokemon, like Bisharp and Volcanion, and Jolly Bewear.

Usage Tips
========

Necrozma's average bulk means it should set up on forced switches from Psychic-weak targets like Nidoking and weaker attackers such as Gligar. If Necrozma has Psychium Z, the item's use should be entirely dependent on the nature of the opposing team. Offensive teams more than likely won’t let Necrozma set up freely, if at all, so using the Z-Move for damage on forced switches is entirely acceptable, whereas bulkier teams will more than likely let Necrozma use Calm Mind at some point, making saving the Z-Move until boosted the optimal play in most cases. One should consider opposing Dark-types potentially coming in on the Z-Move, though. Additionally, when facing bulkier teams, Necrozma can be used as an early- and mid-game wallbreaker or a late-game cleaner, with the choice being up to the player. Prism Armor's reduction of damage from super effective moves means Necrozma can stay in at higher ranges of health and punish common attackers such as Krookodile and non-Ghostium Z Gengar. The former is especially notable, as Krookodile will often try to Pursuit trap Necrozma, making staying in a good play in some scenarios. Attempt to weaken bulkier Psychic-resistant Pokemon like Mega Aggron and Slowbro with the appropriate coverage move or pressure from teammates before setting up with Necrozma. Photon Geyser's lacking PP means liberal usage can hamper any attempts to wallbreak or sweep with Necrozma, so great care has to be taken with it, especially against Pokemon with Pressure, such as Suicune, or specially defensive foes like Blissey. Take advantage of Necrozma's good power when unboosted and bulk when boosted by hitting predicted switch-ins with the appropriate coverage move and using weaker revenge killers like Choice Scarf Hydreigon as further setup fodder. Finally, this set's lack of reliable recovery means Toxic can cripple Necrozma severely, so avoid it unless you absolutely have to leave Necrozma in.

Team Options
========

Fairy-types such as Sylveon, Florges, and Klefki make for excellent partners, as they take on troublesome Dark-types, and in return, Necrozma serves as a reliable lure to Scizor. Klefki in particular fits well, as Necrozma benefits heavily from the entry hazards while being capable of pressuring most Defoggers and spinners. Sylveon and Florges can also provide Wish and Heal Bell support to keep Necrozma healthy throughout the match. Fighting-types like Terrakion and Infernape help pressure Steel-types that can take Heat Wave, such as Empoleon and Bronzong, as well as punish Dark-types looking to switch into Necrozma. VoltTurn support from pivots such as Mega Manectric and Mega Beedrill can help bring Necrozma in safely on weaker defensive threats that offer free setup opportunities. Entry hazard setters are important to get the opposing team in range of boosted attacks, so the likes of Cobalion and Empoleon are always good teammates. Pursuit users such as Mega Aerodactyl, Choice Scarf Krookodile, and Assault Vest Bisharp are great options to deal with a weakened Blissey, which, if at full HP, can shrug off any attack Necrozma uses, as well as Calm Mind Latias, which can freely switch in on Necrozma and beat it one-on-one. Teammates such as Mega Altaria and Taunt Hydreigon that can deal with Calm Mind users other than Latias, such as Suicune and Reuniclus, can fit well with Necrozma. Necrozma can also break common defensive threats like Mega Aggron and Alomomola, so teammates that can take advantage of these threats being removed, such as Scizor and Mega Sharpedo, make for very good partners.

[CREDITS]
- Grammar checked by: [[Rabia, 336073], [Empress, 175616]]
GP 2/2
did, feel free to check over implementation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)