DM's Hokey Karaoke! (ROUND ONE, SIGNUPS STILL OPEN)

Atlas

I'm the Mary!
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
i was first gonna do "the boy is mine" by brandy and monica but them singing in and out each other lines got confusing. will think of something else

So can we use that Vocaroo thing? It's pretty good all you need is a mic and it gives a link for your recording? I've done one there already as it's pretty convenient. If not I can just rerecord one for youtube.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Yeah Kinneas, you're good to go!

So can we use that Vocaroo thing? It's pretty good all you need is a mic and it gives a link for your recording? I've done one there already as it's pretty convenient. If not I can just rerecord one for youtube.
I haven't looked at it extensively, but it sounds like a pretty sweet deal. As long as it gives you a direct link so that people can listen to your submission without hassle, go for it!

Raspberry Beret by Prince.

It was an 80s song but was rerealeased in 1996 for a movie.

Wait an even better Prince song was redone in 97.

When Doves Cry by Ginuwine ft. Timbaland

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
The theme is 90's R&B guys not 90's Pop or 80's Rock
Jackson was definitely getting away from R&B with Black or White, but I'll allow it because it's MJ.

Beat It, though, was not in the 90s. I'm slowly finding out a ton of good R&B was in the 80s, so I just now made an executive decision:

THIS NOW INCLUDES THE 1980s DECADE.

As for that Prince song... I dunno, I'm pretty sure you can find one where he actually does some singing!

please tell me the average contestant is way under ninahiza's level of singing, and closer to Kotw's. I decided to see how well my song should be sung. Ninahiza got me scared. Someone else upload something.

please tell me the average contestant is way under ninahiza's level of singing, and closer to Kotw's. I decided to see how well my song should be sung. Ninahiza got me scared. Someone else upload something.
LMAO same. If someone's voice breaks and it is funny that should be an auto win, just saying. Shame my voice broke years ago.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
I wanted to run this karaoke tourney because I felt like the previous one got too serious. I want to reward people who sing silly songs in silly ways, not just those like Ninahaza who are obviously talented. It takes guts to even record a submission, and I give everyone props for trying.

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Do you need background music to it? Or can it be just me singing?

And in addition, I'm clueless about R&B in the 80-90s. Someone just give me a random song, so I can just sing it.

Edit: DIdn't realize that K-Ci and Jojo were in the 90s. I'll be singing All My Life. LOL.

Jackal

I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
hereby changing my selection to Brian McKnight - Back At One because the song I originally picked is has too much male/female back and forth

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Jesus, tough category. I don't think there really is a perfect song for my abilities. So it's either Purple Rain or I'm So Excited.

EDIT:

There was really only one option. Most R&B songs are just too slow and serious for me to cut loose with. I gotta go with I'm So Excited by The Pointer Sisters.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)