EPIC (LMFAO) Pokemon Rap Battles RSemis Vote

Ah snap who emptied my semi-automatic on dem fools?!

• Ulttimaa (Ampharos)

Votes: 10 40.0%
  • MlARF (Ferrothorn)

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Nanoswine (Alakazam)

Votes: 17 68.0%
  • SalTheThief (Rotom)

Votes: 20 80.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Poll = Vote for the best overall
Copy-Pasta = Best in each match

ENDS IN MAY 8

SalTheThief (Rotom)
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4217545&postcount=9

vs

MlARF (Ferrothorn)
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4219274&postcount=19

---------------

Nanoswine (Alakazam)
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4217866&postcount=12

vs

Ulttimaa (Ampharos)
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4216477&postcount=5

============

Err guys, for the final would you like a two time/submit reply battle (capped at 2 minutes max each) or just go with things as is? Everyone can submit an opinion about this. Since it's only one match and stuff..

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
SalTheThief MlARF how did it come to this, really you lucked out hard, and I mean hard to get it to this point. Matt could have posted anything to win and Sal is also proving that.

Nanoswine I cannot respect a man who tried to homage a pretty dumb parody video to begin with. Boro also was on the ball this time.

SalTheThief (Rotom) vs MlARF (Ferrothorn)
MlARF your rap was awful, sorry.

Nanoswine (Alakazam) vs Ulttimaa (Ampharos)
Ult your rap was awful, sorry.

SalTheThief -No offense MlARF, but Sal's content was better overall, even though his rap this time was a bit weak.

Nanoswine - You took a theme and did not disappoint at all. For this, I give you props. Ultimaa, while yours was good, I think Nano did better overall.

SalTheThief
I didn't really feel the beat on this one, but I still thought it was da bes.

Nanoswine
I actually thought that Ult's had better flow and was on the beat more, but the reference:rap ratio wasn't great and the rap itself was just too short. A couple more verses would have won it. Plus the way Boro ran with the theme Ult set was hilarious.

SalTheThief
MlARF's rap was just...bad. Easy choice here.

Nanoswine
Ultimaa's rap was far too short and Nanoswine punished him for it.

SaltheThief
Nice rap, but like Samosael I didnt like the pace in it, but thats just me. The rap is definitely better than Mlarf's

Nanoswine
This is probably the best rap in the whole tournament, I loved it.

sal the thief
and
nanoswine

no contest
there should be a fun finale, though this round kind of shows the demerits of single elimination without seeding.

SalTheThief
Nanoswine
Whale that was unreasonably fun and unbearably lucky. Maybe see ya next EPRB, guys!

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
SalTheThief
Sal did not have to try hard here, I expect better in the finale.
Ultimaa
It feels really good that Nanoswine put a lot more effort into his flow and lyrics against me.

SalThe Thief
Not too much to say here

Nanoswine
Loved the whole professor theme going here, Ult's was a little too much intro for my taste

Good luck in the finals guys!

coolking49 said:
this round kind of shows the demerits of single elimination without seeding.
I definitely agree with coolking, perhaps a problem for the next host to work on?

Whale that was unreasonably fun and unbearably lucky. Maybe see ya next EPRB, guys!
It was a very fun couple of months indeed, we should have this again. Though I didn't understand coolking's idea 100%. Can someone explain this to me?

Also on the issue of the next host, who feels up for the job? Give a month or two break for the fellas and then unlike before were we had a single day of signups should allow enough time for everyone to join, maybe have a sidekick to help him in case the numbers exceed 40 or something.

I'm interested, I had a real blast with this. I'll be around this summer as well, so that shouldn't be a problem.

BTW: I'm in the EST Timezone

Just lemme know when you've decided, as I'm sure I'm not the only one who's interested.

X5Dragon said:
Though I didn't understand coolking's idea 100%
Are you referring to the seeding? If so, it works like this: Usually in any sort of tournament, all the competitors in the different brackets are ranked (or seeded) and then arranged so that the highest seed plays against the lowest, the next highest plays agains the next lowest, etc within the different brackets. This prevents two major contenders from knocking each other out early in the tournament, but still allows for upsets and the like. It'd be difficult to implement here since we have no actual stats to work with, but perhaps it could be done to a small degree.

Sal

OK time to bring out the big guns...!

SUFFER MY WRATH

EDIT: Also I think OPLV wanted to host the next one. And for seeding, we might be able to use the poll results?

Bug battle of the titans!

Well this is going to be hilarious. I was secretly hoping this would happen once Nanoswine said he was using Weedle.

SalTheThief
NanoTheSwine

The final round: an epic battle worthy of legend. Two ancient, mighty warriors step forth, each displaying its most powerful weapon. One charges forward, horn ready, and the other inexplicably shoots fire.

I'm willing to host the next one, but I couldn't do it until mid June. We could seed it based on what round the person got to last time, or put a sample round where you rap and people tank the contestants in round 1. Not only does it eliminate most of the no-shows, but you also get seeds. It also means more work for voters since you have to compare everyone to everyone, which is tougher than one vs another, however.

A prelim where you only rap about yourself to decide seeding? Sounds like it could work. Seeds would be determined by a poll, since there's no real way to compare everyone against everyone.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey Ult you should also choose a bug if you get into the finals, like Wurmple, and uhh MLaRF how about... Sewaddle?

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Keep it very simple next time. Make very clear, concise rules. Stick to deadlines.

Going to go Sal and Nano.

Not because everyon else is doing it, but because thats how it shoould be. Ult, your rap was good, well deserving of being a semi-finalist.
:]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)