Event Discussion

Yes you can get this Hoopa if you already got the other one.

Last night I skillfully soft-reset for this beauty:

Hoopa @ Timid Nature, IVs 31/15/30/31/28/31

I can confirm that Müller stores are distributing Volcanion codes in Germany right now. (And Austria afaik but I can't confirm that.)
I haven't seen this information on too many sites yet.

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
I just noticed a pattern with the Trainer ID of Event Pokemon. (At least for Gen VI, I haven't checked previous Generations and don't want to.) Unless there's a reason for the Trainer ID to be something not random, like 00711 for 7-11 or the Trainer IDs of events biased off VGC player's Pokemon, the ID ends in the number that the year ends in. It's also common for the first two numbers to be the event's month. For example, the Hoopa event going on has a Trainer ID of 10036 and Monthly 20th Anniversary events all have IDs of XX016, where XX is the month. Fancy Pattern Vivillon has the only unexplainable ID I've found with 00108.

I know that Trainer IDs are pointless, but I thought that this was cool.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I just noticed a pattern with the Trainer ID of Event Pokemon. (At least for Gen VI, I haven't checked previous Generations and don't want to.) Unless there's a reason for the Trainer ID to be something not random, like 00711 for 7-11 or the Trainer IDs of events biased off VGC player's Pokemon, the ID ends in the number that the year ends in. It's also common for the first two numbers to be the event's month. For example, the Hoopa event going on has a Trainer ID of 10036 and Monthly 20th Anniversary events all have IDs of XX016, where XX is the month. Fancy Pattern Vivillon has the only unexplainable ID I've found with 00108.

I know that Trainer IDs are pointless, but I thought that this was cool.
Hmm, 108 is the number of temptations one must overcome to reach Nirvana in Buddhism. It's the basis of Spiritomb, 108 evil spirits was sealed within a stone. Could this possibly be GF referencing the joke of Vivillon being the devil since it's #666 in the National Dex?

Hmm, 108 is the number of temptations one must overcome to reach Nirvana in Buddhism. It's the basis of Spiritomb, 108 evil spirits was sealed within a stone. Could this possibly be GF referencing the joke of Vivillon being the devil since it's #666 in the National Dex?
What about pokeball vivillon ?

The Volcanion event has now begun in many countries across the world. In the United States, it can be obtained at Gamestop. It runs until October 31st
In Canada, it can be obtained at EB Games. It runs until October 31st
In Australia & New Zealand, it can be obtained at EB Games until October 31st
In the Netherlands, it can be found in Bart Smit, Intertoys & ToysXL stores until November 30th 2016
In Belgium, it can be found at Dreamland and Broze et Fun stores until November 30th
In Germany, it can be found in Muller Stores

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Apparently Volcanion is also found now at GAME... Since the First of October... And we got told last night... Cause that makes sense?

My friend already has codes, and I am going to head into GAME today to see if I can get some :) But at least its in the UK now!

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Just going to post that today is the last day of the Keldeo online event, so if you haven't downloaded yours yet, do it today like I did.

Next month is Genesect's turn and it is available by Serial Code from the same stores as Mew, Darkrai, and Arceus.

For some reason I thought it was going to be Meloetta this month. Not that I'm complaining about getting Genesect instead.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
What? They print the code? Then why did they say "they ran out"... nevermind, I guess I'll go there tomorrow then.
Printing the code is the default here (UK) I've never had a special card or anything like that, I go to the counter, ask for a code and they usually always print off 4 for me (one for each game). It always comes from the till and it looks like this:

Just sounds like to me that certain GameStop stores just treat their customers super shittily to be honest and you need to "know the tricks" as it were to get a code. I feel sorry for you guys if that is the case.

Last edited:
Yea but I like the cards... they look cool.
Edit: come to think of it, darkrai and arceus were on receipts for me, but they also gave me a card...
Maybe they only had 1 code card left, and printed the rest

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Printing the code is the default here (UK) I've never had a special card or anything like that, I go to the counter, ask for a code and they usually always print off 4 for me (one for each game). It always comes from the till and it looks like this:

Just sounds like to me that certain GameStop stores just treat their customers super shittily to be honest and you need to "know the tricks" as it were to get a code. I feel sorry for you guys if that is the case.
I always got a card you had to scratch off to reveal the code:

As Cutefluffysheep said, I like the cards... but honestly printing the code on the receipt sounds like a better way to do things as you can't run out of codes (and they'd have no reason not to print a second code). Hmm, maybe then I should wait till the 18th, that way I only need to do one trip to GameStop.

And yeah, GameStop doesn't have a good reputation. It stinks they're kind of the only "major" game store in town. I just use them to buy new game releases (and Pokemon Events), otherwise its better to look somewhere else to buy an old/used game or sell a game/console. The GameStop that was near me was alright, however they closed it (since it was close to another GameStop in a mall which is the closest one now) and I have no idea how this GameStop is like. For now I'm just going to assume the employee who told me "they ran out" didn't know what I was talking about (or they maybe thought I was talking about Volcanion event).

Seattle resident, i got cards for all but arceus which was a receipt print out at my gamestop. However, they were out of mew the first time i went in but they got more within a week. I think the employee was either confused or didn't know you could just print the code on a receipt.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)