Gen VII: Pokemon Sun and Moon Discussion MKII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I Need Dartrix in my life. The edgy crowd with Prinplup and Combusken - The Teenage rebel bird squad.

Plus I love Dartrix's expression if you touch his hair. THOSE TERRIFIED EYES. I think I almost wet myself laughing.
I really want to get a Dartrix and keep it as one just so I can nickname it Edgeworth, because it's part of the edgy bird crowd, and its hair looks a lot like Edgeworth's.

I Need Dartrix in my life. The edgy crowd with Prinplup and Combusken - The Teenage rebel bird squad.

Plus I love Dartrix's expression if you touch his hair. THOSE TERRIFIED EYES. I think I almost wet myself laughing.
" It is NOT a phase, this is who I am! Why don't you EVER understand me, trainer! " - Dartrix
DUDE, it's even got the damn fringe (bangs) down lmao. And DONT YOU DARE touch it!!!

I'm laughing so hard right you have no idea xD

I meany you could bring a stall team in order to generally stall out the opponent, esp if they try to think about how to get around the stall.
Sorry if this has been answered already since I'm going from the earlier pages to the newest lol.

But they compared it to a chess clock. Which means when it's your turn, their timer isnt counting down. If you play stall you're only going to make your self lose. Or did I missinterpret something?

Sorry if this has been answered already since I'm going from the earlier pages to the newest lol.

But they compared it to a chess clock. Which means when it's your turn, their timer isnt counting down. If you play stall you're only going to make your self lose. Or did I missinterpret something?
You did not broski. The clock only ticks when you are picking moves. Once you tell each Pokemon what to do, your clock stops. If your opponent is still picking then their clock keeps ticking.

I hope it comes, because I liked its flower design and Light of Ruin looked so cool
They've hinted more than once about this trainer bond thing happening "only once before, a few hundred years ago". I realise a few hundred is a weird way of saying "3000", and Eternal Flower Floette works differently, but I wouldn't rule it out entirely.

They've hinted more than once about this trainer bond thing happening "only once before, a few hundred years ago". I realise a few hundred is a weird way of saying "3000", and Eternal Flower Floette works differently, but I wouldn't rule it out entirely.
That's really stretching it, though. 6~7 hundred years could still be considered a few, 30 however, are several. And If I'm not mistaken the anime referred to another Greninja who had achieved said transformation in the past; it wasn't just any pokemon. I could be wrong tho, so don't quote me on that.

But I do like the idea. In fact, Bond-Greninja would've been a sooo much better name for it...

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I'm hoping though that it would be an actual/official form like Eternal Floette(can be transferred through bank), and not be like the Spiky-Earred Pichu and Cosplay Pikachu which can't be transferred to future games(can't be banked).
With us getting Zygarde's other Formes and now Ash-Greninja, it makes me wonder maybe we'll also be getting AZ's Floette in Sun & Moon.

Infact, I'm wondering if all this leftover Pokemon Z stuff is maybe the reason why we're possibly not getting no new Mega Evolution. They had to scrap Z and start working on Sun & Moon so fast that they just never got to new Mega Evolutions because it was an old mechanic and they wanted to make sure the new stuff got their full attention so they could finish on time. Zygarde Formes and Ash-Greninja were probably either finished, close to finished, or since they were heavily advertised they felt they needed to add those no matter what. There could be half finished Mega Evolutions sitting somewhere waiting for design approval or that final texture render.

When the demo comes won't people just datamine the info out of it?
They'll try, so we'll see if GF learned their lesson with keeping unneeded info in demos.

Why the developers tought it was a good idea to go full retard again with another OP Pokemon... Ash-Greninja can hold an item while having a pseudo-mega.
Yeah, it doesn't have Protean anymore but it's not hard to implement one Mega Stone since they reintroduced the old mechanic again. Also it should have been "player's"-Greninja and not Ash, again, full retard.

Last edited:
Why the developers tought it was a good idea to go full retard again with another OP Pokemon... Ash-Greninja can hold an item while having a pseudo-mega.
Yeah, it doesn't have Protean anymore but it's not hard to implement one Mega Stone since they reintroduced the old mechanic again. Also it should been "player's"-Greninja and not Ash, again, full retard.
Actually I have no problem with the name, it has been established that Ash Greninja happened in the past but was never really documented, the naming of Ash Greninja as its first formal documentation becoming the name of the phenomenon isn't a bad move, that's actually what ends up happening a lot with rediscovered phenomenon in real life.

Also Ghost Slugs where thought to be a fairy that prevented plagues before been actually documented as a real animal given how scarce they are and their predatory habits.

Man, that close combat looked really disappointing....I hope I still get to see a badass kick from Infernape whenever I use him, but it doesn't seem like it will be the case given how when Mega Lucario does it you don't even see Luke.

When the demo comes won't people just datamine the info out of it?
If Gamefreak is going for it again I'd assume they learned their lesson and took out spoiler stuff from the code for the demo.

Although I want peopel to data mine the stuff within the demo at least so we don't have to wait until November for stats of some of the new guys. I hope Oricorio is catchablein the demo so I can brace myself now if he'll be viable or not lol.

I want spoilers.

They make games more enjoyable to be honest.

Look at Luminous Arc 4: Idol version, aka Stella Glow, you can spoil yourself on what happens and if you played an Image Epoch game you know how they play their tropes, however the execution is nothing short of flawless, even with all of me an my friends spoilt out of chapter 8 the execution of the gut punch and despair after one of the best executed triumphant moments in the game was just beautiful and forced a full 360° tonal shift.

People might bitch about spoilers, but execution is more important than shock value.

Last edited:
I saw Brionne and at first it looked strange, but I warmed up fairly quickly. This is actually good transition before she turns into the most beautiful starter ever. She's actually cute!
Too bad she isn't as good as Braixen, though, but her evolution made up for it while people don't like Delphox as much as Braixen....
But then again I like the blurb on Brionne as a hearty dancer with chances of stepford smile.

I like Dartrix's... quirky personality. Reminds me of some funny character archetypes for something that was hyped to be cool. I realise that with that blurb he'd probably have been the butt of jokes like Quilladin if we had never known the final evo leak, but in dorky way by his emo personality. (Quilladin went spherical by appearances, quickly getting ridiculed)

"The cat punch that this Pokémon can dish out with its strong forelegs is extremely powerful. It can bend iron bars and knock out large men with a single blow!"

I'll just prepare to laugh with my Delphox as I have said long time ago.

Although, I had my doubt. The Tiger3 we saw have the fire belt thing, but Torracat's flame sac is on its neck. It just feels weird that the flame viscera moves downward like that, if the final evo leak is to be believed.

Anyway, I was expecting Ash-ninja to be something different, but I suppose this means Greninja is the only one who has this unique "synchro" stuff, isn't it? I kinda hope they'll expand it more than just to Greninja; Thing is way too popular with Protean already even without the synchro stuff.

I'm clearly putting this into the wrong words. You want to make your opp lose their "Your Time" before you do. Stall doesn't require much thinking, click a button and go. The other player may try to find a way around the stall, increasing the amount of time they use to take a turn.

Yeah, it doesn't have Protean anymore but it's not hard to implement one Mega Stone since they reintroduced the old mechanic again. Also it should been "player's"-Greninja and not Ash, again, full retard.
Well, to begin with, Greninja needs to KO a Pokemon in order to change forms. It also looks like it's a special ability (AKA not Protean) and thus you are also giving up an ability slot for it. If Ash-Greninja IS Physical (maybe with a super powerful Water Shuriken) then you will also need to invest in an otherwise worthless attack stat with an otherwise worthless ability so you can KO an opponent in order to become powerful.

I wouldn't say it's OP. It's not hard to kill a non-protean Greninja before it starts taking down Pokemon. This Greninja will probably be best as a cleaner/revenge killer.

I'm clearly putting this into the wrong words. You want to make your opp lose their "Your Time" before you do. Stall doesn't require much thinking, click a button and go. The other player may try to find a way around the stall, increasing the amount of time they use to take a turn.
Not really, stall is quite straightforward to face against, on 3v3 the issue is different, on 6v6 with actual wallbreakers stall goes down as simple as pressing a choiced stab most of the time.

I love Torracat's design! I'm ready for Lucha Cat lol I think Torra means Tiger right? I'm not sure if we will have dual evos for the starters seeing how the mid evolutions are lining up very closely to the Chinese leaks. Only thing on could see is if design pattern reversed and typing changed based on typing (Fire/Dark vs. Fire/Fighting for night vs. Day). I really hope we don't get another Fire Fighting type.

I'm happy Mega Evolution are back, but am not looking forward to Mega Khan + Oranguru lol but it is good that more viable mons will be seen again I really enjoyed seeing Aero, Beedrill, pidgeot, etc.. get a new lease on life.

Imy not sure how viable Ash Greninja will be. Protean is really good, so unless we see some huge boosts, I'm not sure if it's worth picking up Battle Bond.

Overall, very excited!

Middle stages: Likely confirms the leaked final evolutions. Brionne looks very weird, but I like the look of its final stage, so it's still Popplio for me. Torracat is a bulkier Litten, and the wrestler aspect of the final evo seems fitting given the little design quirks. Dartrix is emo owl but its kind of cool, and has some archer aspects to it.

As for what the three might play like, I think that Rowlett's final evo will be the bulky one without much offensive presence, Popplio's is a special attacker, and Litten's a physical attacker.

Ash-Greninja: Now I want pink Butterfree. Either way, the Battle Bond ability might give it a form which is like a mega evolution, though whether or not it will be as broken as its regular counterpart I'm not sure.

This is kind of the right idea. The new timer is both a blessing and a curse, with the downsides being that stall tactics are made much more viable now in official formats. A player can just Minimize up to +6 evasion and make 1 second moves to keep their timer up, while their opponent times out trying to find a way out. Stalling with evasion is a common tactic on Battle Spot, and the main way people got around it was by playing the timer; but you can't do that with chess timers.

Though who knows? Maybe Z-moves will bypass evasion, and this won't be a problem. Or TPCI will do something about evasion spam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)