Gengar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Furai

we will become who we are meant to be
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
i dont really see haze being helpful vs xerneas, but i can definitely see a few other uses, such as cm arceus, sd ekiller, sd quaza, etc. it eliminates the prediction required w/ destiny bond, and while i still do think destiny bond is a few times better, haze has its small niche on gengar, as you can trap any slower setup sweeper and render its last few turns useless.

i dont really see haze being helpful vs xerneas, but i can definitely see a few other uses, such as cm arceus, sd ekiller, sd quaza, etc. it eliminates the prediction required w/ destiny bond, and while i still do think destiny bond is a few times better, haze has its small niche on gengar, as you can trap any slower setup sweeper and render its last few turns useless.
Haze? Why not Clear Smog, and add some damage on to it?

I don't get it. I think that using MGengar just for removing a SD is a nonsense. On the other hand I don't know why people are talking about Xerneas in this thread when MGengar isn't a counter for this Pokemon since it always has Geomancy. It's just a shaky check. In my opinion the main reason (and is a good reason) to use MGengar is to trap things like Chansey / Blissey, Lugia... Providing the opportunity to sweep the opponent's team with your own Xerneas or whatever.

Furai

we will become who we are meant to be
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
im not saying its just for that, im saying that haze might have its uses.

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Shame hazing on a mon with little to no bulk won't do much since mega gengar is better off just destiny bonding any cm/sd sweepers as opposed to getting wrecked on the haze turn since most setup sweepers still threaten mega gengar significantly at +0. The only time I can see haze being potentially useful is against cosmic power jirachi or some shit (lol).

This thing is definitely top 5 uber Pokemon without a doubt. It is a lot better than some people give it credit for. This thing can pretty much trap and kill almost whatever it wants which opens the doors for so many sweepers. For example if I pair this thing with Xerneas and Ho oh, I'd run HP fire, Destiny Bond, Perish Song, Shadow Ball with a 252 HP/ 252 Speed/ 10 SpD. Even with uninvested special attack Gengar reaches 376 which is a ton. HP fire destroys Scizor and Skarmory. Shadow ball is just for STAB and Aegislash if it tries to Shadow sneak because even with max attack a Shadow sneak does 60 - 71.2% while defensive only does 46.4 - 54.4%, and then Gengar OHKO's, but you have to predict correctly since it's always prediction against Aegislash. Destiny Bond is last resort to take out another threat and Perish Song is to to trap Blissey/Chansey since they can't do anything to you usually. Mega Gengar is massive threat and can fit onto any team with whatever moveset your team needs thanks to its excellent support and offensive movepool. Just a fantastic Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)