SM OU Hyper offensive team, any suggestions?

Hey there! I've put a lot of effort into this team, so if you can please take the time to look through it and give a few suggestions. This is my second time building a team so there's probably lots of room for improvement. Anyway, let's get started:

Hawlucha @ Electric Seed
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 160 Atk / 96 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
- High Jump Kick
- Roost

Believe it or not, Hawlucha is probably the MVP of this team. With electric seed + unburden, it can gain quite a bit of defense while sending the speed through the roof at 670. After consuming the electric seed, acrobatics also becomes insanely powerful, while high jump kick is also a really great move. Swords dance is to give it some extra power while roost is to let it last longer. With this set, Hawlucha has won me countless battles, and is a really effective sweeper.

Tapu Koko @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Roost

Of course, with electric seed hawlucha comes Tapu Koko. With amazing speed and decent special attack, Tapu Koko is a great attacker in itself, though its main job is volt switching into Hawlucha. I originally planned on giving it dazzling gleam, but HP Ice is preferred for coverage against Garchomp, Zygarde, and Landorus-T (please let me know if dazzling is a better option, since I already have Kyurem). Roost is just to let it last longer, though I don't often use it - should I replace this move?

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Fly
- U-turn

Landorus-T is mostly for setting up with stealth rocks. Earthquake and Fly are for coverage, and U-turn is to get out since I don't really use it for attacking. It's often KOd before it can do anything more than set up stealth rocks, though, and it doesn't really do too well in general for me.

Greninja-Ash @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken
- Spikes

Another amazing sweeper, Ash-Greninja has great coverage and amazing stats. Water shuriken, hydro pump and dark pulse are all great for attacking, and spikes is mostly for setting up, though I rarely get to use it (should I replace it?)

Kartana @ Grassium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Smart Strike

With 181 base attack and 109 base speed, there isn't much to say about Kartana. Swords dance is to power it up, while the other 3 moves are for coverage. Kartana is really great for sweeping, but its terrible defenses mean that it probably can't last a hit. It's still helped me a great deal, though.

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Roost

Kyurem is mostly here just for coverage, and there's not much to explain about it. I didn't see the need for a dragon-type move due to it already having ice beam, but is it worth giving it something like draco meteor?

Weaknesses of the team/pokemon my team struggle against
Tapu Lele: When given a choice scarf, Tapu Lele can be a real problem for me. My only effective counter against this is Kartana, but HP fire means a guaranteed KO.
Tapu Koko: Koko can be a big problem for Hawlucha as it resists both acrobatics and high jump kick, while switching out and losing all its stat boosts will greatly cripple Hawlucha.

There may be some other weaknesses, but all in all I feel like my team covers the common threats in OU quite well. Please suggest any improvements I can make to this team, any help is greatly appreciated!​

Fly on Landorus-T without a Z-Move is unnecessary, in my opinion, because your opponent can easily play around it. For example, stall teams can rely on Protect or Zapdos. Therefore, I would suggest Defog (because you don't have a Defogger on your team) or Stone Edge/Rock Tomb to threaten Charizard and Volcarona. Hidden Power Ice is also a possibility if opposing Landorus-T are giving you some trouble.

If you don't want to use Defog on Landorus-T, you could use it on Tapu Koko or Kartana as they can often force your opponent to switch out their Pkm. You could either forego Roost or Smart Strike.

If you go for Swords Dance on Kartana, you should try out running Timid nature with 19IVs in Atk and then 252EVs in both Def and Spe. This allows Kartana to get a Beast Boost on it´s Spe stat rather than Atk so that it becomes harder for your opponent to revenge kill; I would also go for Fightinium Z to nuke non Chople Berry Ferrothorn and stuff that it hits neutrally such as Magearna. If you opt to have the Z on Kartana, there´s no reason to have Fly on Landorus-Therian; you can slap Hidden Power Ice for opposing Landorus-Therian to help Kartana break through it. However since you have ways to deal with it already, I would recommend Hidden Power Fire to catch Mega Scizor and Ferrothorn by surprise, the latter been a very good switch in to both Kyurem-Black and Ash-Greninja (which also lets you save your Z on Kartana) and the former being quite a threat for the team, as well as a nuisance for Hawlucha and Kyurem-Black.

Tbh I think you should run a scarf kartana instead as HO teams usually appreciate a scarfer and a late game cleaner. Your team is also lacking a way to get rid of hazards so Kartana could fit the role of a defogger and cleaner. I would suggest running something like leaf blade, sacred sword, smart strike/knock off, and defog.

Also I agree with BlueRay that without a z move, fly is pretty much unneeded on lando. I would probably go for hp ice, knock off, or stone edge. I would change lando's evs a bit to make it a bit more defensive. You should run 252 hp, 112 def, and 144 speed with impish. This allows you to have a better time checking physical threats while also having the capability of outspeeding timid magearna and modest heatran. Another set you could do is run stealth rocks, swords dance, eq, and stone edge/fly with a rockium or flynium z. This can help dent bulky pokemon and helps hawlucha or kartana with cleaning late game. For evs max atk and max speed with jolly is fine.

Other then that I say that the team looks fine for an HO Team

Fly on Landorus-T without a Z-Move is unnecessary, in my opinion, because your opponent can easily play around it. For example, stall teams can rely on Protect or Zapdos. Therefore, I would suggest Defog (because you don't have a Defogger on your team) or Stone Edge/Rock Tomb to threaten Charizard and Volcarona. Hidden Power Ice is also a possibility if opposing Landorus-T are giving you some trouble.

If you don't want to use Defog on Landorus-T, you could use it on Tapu Koko or Kartana as they can often force your opponent to switch out their Pkm. You could either forego Roost or Smart Strike.
Thanks so much, I'll try out giving either Landorus or Tapu Koko defog!

If you go for Swords Dance on Kartana, you should try out running Timid nature with 19IVs in Atk and then 252EVs in both Def and Spe. This allows Kartana to get a Beast Boost on it´s Spe stat rather than Atk so that it becomes harder for your opponent to revenge kill; I would also go for Fightinium Z to nuke non Chople Berry Ferrothorn and stuff that it hits neutrally such as Magearna. If you opt to have the Z on Kartana, there´s no reason to have Fly on Landorus-Therian; you can slap Hidden Power Ice for opposing Landorus-Therian to help Kartana break through it. However since you have ways to deal with it already, I would recommend Hidden Power Fire to catch Mega Scizor and Ferrothorn by surprise, the latter been a very good switch in to both Kyurem-Black and Ash-Greninja (which also lets you save your Z on Kartana) and the former being quite a threat for the team, as well as a nuisance for Hawlucha and Kyurem-Black.
Unfortunately, there's no way to get Kartana's speed to be higher than its attack, even with 252 speed EVs and timid nature and 0 attack. I'll take your other suggestions into consideration though, thanks a lot!

Tbh I think you should run a scarf kartana instead as HO teams usually appreciate a scarfer and a late game cleaner. Your team is also lacking a way to get rid of hazards so Kartana could fit the role of a defogger and cleaner. I would suggest running something like leaf blade, sacred sword, smart strike/knock off, and defog.

Also I agree with BlueRay that without a z move, fly is pretty much unneeded on lando. I would probably go for hp ice, knock off, or stone edge. I would change lando's evs a bit to make it a bit more defensive. You should run 252 hp, 112 def, and 144 speed with impish. This allows you to have a better time checking physical threats while also having the capability of outspeeding timid magearna and modest heatran. Another set you could do is run stealth rocks, swords dance, eq, and stone edge/fly with a rockium or flynium z. This can help dent bulky pokemon and helps hawlucha or kartana with cleaning late game. For evs max atk and max speed with jolly is fine.

Other then that I say that the team looks fine for an HO Team
Thanks a lot for the feedback, I'll take it into consideration :)

Unfortunately, there's no way to get Kartana's speed to be higher than its attack, even with 252 speed EVs and timid nature and 0 attack. I'll take your other suggestions into consideration though, thanks a lot!
It actually is possible, though it's considered by many to be a meme, so I would take caution when using it.

Sayuze

Banned deucer.
It´s actually viable, the whole point of it is to actually been able to switch between moves, as opposed to the other sets. Once it gets a kill, it can sweep weakened teams very easily.
Not going to post again because this is an RMT, but it is literally not viable at all. It sees no usage anywhere in actual tournament play (although that is not really an indicator of it being good/bad), and is just outclassed heavily by a regular Kartana set. The point of Kartana is to break apart teams with its coverage and access to SD, which it needs the max attack stat to do so in the metagame. With timid, you're literally only able to setup sweep in CERTAIN situations, and overall a set like Choice Scarf just cleans late game better a lot more consistently. Timid Kart is 100% bad and not much more than a meme.

Hi there, nice team, I would make a change to your Hawlucha spread to give it the strongest potential.

Adamant Nature
Unburden
64 HP
252+ Atk
96 SpD
96 Spe

With this spread it maximizes your attack stat giving you a much easier time sweeping, the HP and SpD are to make it bulkier of course and the speed stat matched with unburden will give you 592 speed which is enough to outspeed scarf gren & scarf koko.

Hi there, nice team, I would make a change to your Hawlucha spread to give it the strongest potential.

Adamant Nature
Unburden
64 HP
252+ Atk
96 SpD
96 Spe

With this spread it maximizes your attack stat giving you a much easier time sweeping, the HP and SpD are to make it bulkier of course and the speed stat matched with unburden will give you 592 speed which is enough to outspeed scarf gren & scarf koko.
That's a great suggestion, I'll try to use it. Thanks a lot!

General tip, stick with smogon analysis sets unless you have a specific niche for your team that you stumbled upon. Timid Kartana is not viable in serious play.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)