Laugh in the face of Volt-Turn

theebay707

Banned deucer.
Hey Pokemazter.

I like your team, a lot. I still need to make myself a Breloom team lol.

I don't see anything wrong with this team, But I do see that a Conkeldurr can sorta beat your team. Especially Conk at +1 or higher. LO Starmie's Hydro Pump can KO (too lazy to run Calcs) but it's pretty much a 50-50 cause of it's accuracy.

I'd suggest using Psychic on Slowbro again. Try this set out:

Slowbro (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SAtk
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Scald
- Thunder Wave
- Slack Off
- Psychic

It'll let you beat Conkeldurr better and if you're worried about beating Dnite, you can always try to weaken it with Slowbro w/ Psychic can finish it off with Scizor.

An offensive Celebi with the set of NP | Giga Drain | HP Fire | Psychic and a Magnezone can also beat your team. Paired with something to beat Chansey such as a CB Terrak / Tyranitar / Scizor, which are pretty common with Celebi + Magnezone (or well in my experience on the server).

I would suggest a Choice Scarfed Scizor because it would allow you to beat off Celebi better with U-Turn and you can Superpower Magnezone i believe when it's below 75% because it can't OHKO. But it can if you manage to weaken Magnezone.

Try this set for Scizor:

Scizor (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit

You can also beat Lati@s better too :)

Well, those are my suggestions. Good luck with your team!!!!!!!!!

Bulk Up Breloom sucks. A Lot. I'd switch either to a Scrafty[DD SET] or The Sub Punching Breloom set Also I'd switch Thunder Wave to Toxic Because i really dont know why you run Twave in the first place, it doesnt benefit your team in anyway

Thanks! It's good to hear I'm not the only one having moderate to decent success with this team. You didn't happen to notice any counters I may have overlooked, did you?
I was about to say Sub Toxicroak with BU, but you already mentioned that. And after thinking about it, just use T-wave on Chansey when you predict a switch, and Toxicroak will be easier to handle. :)

Reiko said:
Bulk Up Breloom sucks. A Lot. I'd switch either to a Scrafty[DD SET] or The Sub Punching Breloom set Also I'd switch Thunder Wave to Toxic Because i really dont know why you run Twave in the first place, it doesnt benefit your team in anyway
... Ok. First off, BU Breloom is a completely different type of sweeper from those two, as it uses its high defenses to set up and heal itself with Drain Punch. Also, Thunder Wave benefits Mazz's team a ton. Most of the Pokemon on the team are fairly slow, so it allows Mazz to take down faster sweepers with ease.

Hey Pokemazter.

I like your team, a lot. I still need to make myself a Breloom team lol.

I don't see anything wrong with this team, But I do see that a Conkeldurr can sorta beat your team. Especially Conk at +1 or higher. LO Starmie's Hydro Pump can KO (too lazy to run Calcs) but it's pretty much a 50-50 cause of it's accuracy.

I'd suggest using Psychic on Slowbro again. Try this set out:

Slowbro (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SAtk
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Scald
- Thunder Wave
- Slack Off
- Psychic

It'll let you beat Conkeldurr better and if you're worried about beating Dnite, you can always try to weaken it with Slowbro w/ Psychic can finish it off with Scizor.

An offensive Celebi with the set of NP | Giga Drain | HP Fire | Psychic and a Magnezone can also beat your team. Paired with something to beat Chansey such as a CB Terrak / Tyranitar / Scizor, which are pretty common with Celebi + Magnezone (or well in my experience on the server).

I would suggest a Choice Scarfed Scizor because it would allow you to beat off Celebi better with U-Turn and you can Superpower Magnezone i believe when it's below 75% because it can't OHKO. But it can if you manage to weaken Magnezone.

Try this set for Scizor:

Scizor (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit

You can also beat Lati@s better too :)

Well, those are my suggestions. Good luck with your team!!!!!!!!!
I'm going to have to agree with putting Psychic back in place of Ice Beam. It's really done me no good outside of hitting Dragonite, which Burn, Psychic, and Stealth Rock do fine enough. I should have tested it more to actually see this.

Speaking of test, that's exactly what I'll have to do with this Scizor. Outside of Gimmick Teams back in Generation IV, I really hadn't heard much of Scarf Scizor.

Thanks for the rate Myles.

I was about to say Sub Toxicroak with BU, but you already mentioned that. And after thinking about it, just use T-wave on Chansey when you predict a switch, and Toxicroak will be easier to handle. :)
I haven't seen very many Toxicroak to begin with, letalone Sub+BU ones either. for that matter, the change won't be made immediate, but I'll keep an eye out for it.

I haven't seen very many Toxicroak to begin with, letalone Sub+BU ones either. for that matter, the change won't be made immediate, but I'll keep an eye out for it.
You'll see one of these in many rain teams (which you can't cancel since you have no weather), BUT Slowbro with Psychic can handle this guy with ease.

You'll see one of these in many rain teams (which you can't cancel since you have no weather), BUT Slowbro with Psychic can handle this guy with ease.
Which was more or less my main thought anyways. In fact, I haven't seen very many rain teams on the ladder. Sun's kinda taking it's swing at the most used weather.

wow.. your team has gone through a lot since. I'll borrow (steal) it, use in PO and laugh to all voltturns that i see.

Btw, just noticed that you're running CBnite over DDnite. Dunno, but i think CBnite can be easily revenged killed by Terrakion which rose to popularity lately.

wow.. your team has gone through a lot since. I'll borrow (steal) it, use in PO and laugh to all voltturns that i see.

Btw, just noticed that you're running CBnite over DDnite. Dunno, but i think CBnite can be easily revenged killed by Terrakion which rose to popularity lately.
I was finding DDNite to be a real pain in the ass because of things like Terrakion and Heatran running around. With Slowbro, CB Terrakion's X-Scissor is a 3HKO, and Stone Edge is a 2HKO or 3HKO mehtinks, so I can easily just tank and heal off hits before applying a burn via Scald.

It has. Only 5 members have changed, but the amount of set and move swapping I've done is big.

Bumping, as I've finally gone through and made the dits. A few things I've come up with.

-The team needs a phazer badly. Set-up Pokemon shit on this team.
-Late-game, the power of the team seems diminished. Any ideas?
-SubPunch Breloom's a bit of a pain. Got a fix?

I know I have suggested this to you initially but a specially defensive Heatran with SR/Roar to replace Chansey/Blissey will solve you problems

I believe you should not have a problem with SubPunch Breloom since 3 of you guys resists it (esp Dragonite). You just need to play around them and you'll eventually wear the thing down.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)