Mario Kart Wii

Im getting this on Wednesday. I also heard that this game actually works online with tournaments and stuff... I hope this game manages to hold me engaged until Brawl finally release that he forgot Europe.

Getting a non football(Soccer...) game before USA was not really expected:o Poor Australia though

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Wow some characters just seem silly. I'm pleasently suprised Funky pulled in, but Baby Daisy and Dry Bones Bowser, come on. The latter is some silly 2nd last boss, and Baby Daisy hasn't even been in a game before. R.O.B. and Petey anyone?

Rosalina is a nice addittion, the Luma is simply awesome. Now watch as all the worse Mario spin-offs copy her and the Luma.

it's the ranking for the stage as the big heading says MARIO CIRCUIT and there's also RANKING underneath it.

it also says something about time attack, i dunno i haven't played mario kart in ages and only katakana reads literally x_x
Okay, so that's what it is. Thanks for clearing that up for us.

Wow some characters just seem silly. I'm pleasently suprised Funky pulled in, but Baby Daisy and Dry Bones Bowser, come on. The latter is some silly 2nd last boss, and Baby Daisy hasn't even been in a game before. R.O.B. and Petey anyone?

Rosalina is a nice addittion, the Luma is simply awesome. Now watch as all the worse Mario spin-offs copy her and the Luma.
It was stated that there would be a new franchise character just like there was in double dash

done all 50cc retro and first 2 wii grand prix ones. Got Diddy no Rosalina :P

Anyways i'm really unsure about this one, Drifts are basically automatic, with 12 character races it's blue shell, thunder, red shell, thunder, Pow Block. Races on the retro courses could've been better... ah well maybe I'll eventually get attached

done all 50cc retro and first 2 wii grand prix ones. Got Diddy no Rosalina :P

Anyways i'm really unsure about this one, Drifts are basically automatic, with 12 character races it's blue shell, thunder, red shell, thunder, Pow Block. Races on the retro courses could've been better... ah well maybe I'll eventually get attached
Drifts are only auto if you put it on automatic >.> The retro stages have been altered too much imo. And I have Rosalina xD Does someone have a REAL list with how to unlock everything? I just finished teh 50CC cups today, don't have much time to play due to homework.

Drifts are only auto if you put it on automatic >.> The retro stages have been altered too much imo. And I have Rosalina xD Does someone have a REAL list with how to unlock everything? I just finished teh 50CC cups today, don't have much time to play due to homework.
Even on manual they feel really hard to feck up, and they curve too much IMO, however that is probably to deter Snakers, I also dislike the fact I don't have to push anything to boost uP

Even on manual they feel really hard to feck up, and they curve too much IMO, however that is probably to deter Snakers, I also dislike the fact I don't have to push anything to boost uP
You've got to check wich karts and bikes how low drift stats, they don't curve at all. And pushing up to get a boost is what nintendo got all those complaints about. MKDS wasn't karting, it was just snaking.

Btw, just unlocked baby daisy.

i'm pretty sure mario kart wii online is EXPONENTIALLY better than brawl's. they give you a fucking mario kart channel to see when your friends are on, time trials, 12 people max online and shit for cryin out loud.

I might get this just so I can put my C. Falcon Mii in the Blue Falcon lol.

Oh, and as Steeler said MK's online blows SSBB's out of the water.

i just played a 12 player race with a few frenchmen and japs; no lag at all, the online mode is awesome!

why didnt they make brawl like this?

It's waaay better, the channel owns. This is much eaasier.
i just played a 12 player race with a few frenchmen and japs; no lag at all, the online mode is awesome!

Awesome! It's good to hear that coming from people who actually have the game; I was just going off of what I've read.

From what I understand games like Mario Kart fare better online than fighting games b/c the netcode can predict what a player will do to make up for lag. Though that doesn't explain the other omissions and lack of options in Brawls online mode >:(

Awesome! It's good to hear that coming from people who actually have the game; I was just going off of what I've read.

From what I understand games like Mario Kart fare better online than fighting games b/c the netcode can predict what a player will do to make up for lag. Though that doesn't explain the other omissions and lack of options in Brawls online mode >:(
Yes, MKW is pretty good online. It shows if friends are online, the records and you can even download ghosts. It's pretty good. Btw don't use high drift chars for power sliding, you'll lose. 12 unlockables is also pretty cool.

I've bought the game today and I'm addicted to it already. I haven't played a Grand Prix, cuz I was constantly racing against my l'ttle brother.

It's just awesome!!!

Unfortunately this game is pretty bad for time trials. There's no timer on the screen when you're doing a replay! It will be difficult to prove times, especially flaps. it looks pretty cool though, I can't wait to get it.

Unfortunately this game is pretty bad for time trials. There's no timer on the screen when you're doing a replay! It will be difficult to prove times, especially flaps. it looks pretty cool though, I can't wait to get it.
It won't, that it doesn't show it on replay doesn't it doesn't show it on WIFI ;) I need to unlock more karts etc. but I can't play because I don't have my wii here atm. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)