New and 'creative' moveset/EV spread thread Mk. 5

Lately I have been experimenting with methods to get Houndoom to become a viable part of the OU metagame and I realized he has a lot of gimmics such as will-o-wisp/sucker-punch/Nasty Plot/pursuit, and a whole bunch of other things that other pokemon seem to do better. I decided that Houndoom is too slow and fragile to spread status or have time to nasty plot in OU. With many better pursuit users I decided the best option for Houndoom would be a lead, and it has worked surprisingly well in today's metagame. Below I will outline how I deal with many common leads.

Still trying to work out EV's but sweeper ones will do for now.

Houndoom @ Focus Sash Early Bird?
4 HP / 252 SPA / 252 SPE

Fire Blast
Sucker Punch
Hp Fighting/Ground
Counter

This build forces a lot of leads to choose between hurting Houndoom or getting rocks up.

How I counter top OU Leads:

Roserade: Fire Blast, Sleep powder isn't so scary either

Metagross: Fire Blast + Sucker punch beats it.

Machamp: Counter :)

Azelf: Again, Fire Blast + Sucker punch wins the day.

Jirachi: Fire Blast + Sucker punch kills it assuming it doesn't flinch you.

Tyranitar: Counter will kill it for a kamikaze when sandstorm finishes you off.

Infernape: Switch out. Fake out breaks your sash and thus your strategy.

Aerodactyl: Hard to predict. You can counter/sucker punch for the kill but Taunt and Stealth rock users will figure you out.

Bronzong - Fire Blast with Sucker punch kills all Bronzong who decide to attack turn 2 and who aren't carrying Occa berry or leftovers. The ladder dies most of the time, while the former is dealt with through 2 fire blasts. This strategy beats trick room users as well through spamming fire blast.

Hippowdon - Fire blast 2hkos if it decides to stealth rock and isn't the Stockpile variant. Counter an earthquake to kamikaze as sandstorm will take you out.

Swampert - Counter kills it if it earthquakes. The odd ones who know surf will kill you if they use it. If you have poor prediction just switch out and at worst have him set up stealth rock.

Ninjask - Fire blast wrecks it if it doesn't Sub or protect, but we know it will. Just spam fire blast until it switches out. Fortunately if it passes speed you can still get a hit on the recipient since your sash is left untouched.

Heatran - Hp Ground can possibly OHKO and always 2HKO whether they're using Shuca Berry or not, and you're faster than the lead variant. Plus Heatran has to choose whether to attack Houndoom or get stealth rock off. If it attacks you still beat it. If it stealth rocks then you'll beat it cleanly.

Gengar - Fire blast on turn one (Don't suckerpunch incase it subs). Fireblast can OHKO and Sucker Punch will finish off any that stay in to attack on turn 2.

Gyarados - Counter kills it if it thinks it can rock you on turn 1. Switching out is a good idea as it can set up on you.

Yanmega - Fire Blast breaks sash and sucker punch finishes it off.

Ambipom - Retreat because it will beat you.

Smeargle - Fire Blast OHKO's if it tricks or something. Spore puts you out of commission but just take it.

These were the most common leads I could find so sorry if I left something out. Still, the leads that cleanly beat houndoom are:
Infernape
Swampert
Ambipom
Aerodactyl
Tyranitar

DD Gyarados can wreck or set up on all these leads so it is a choice partner for Houndoom leads. Also ALL the leads that seem to rock houndoom are physical based and thus vulnerable to intimidate. Aerodactyl deals about half Gyarados' health after intimidate and is KO'd in return, while TTar will be killed by Waterfall after Houndoom hits it with HP Ground.

Other problematic leads would be:
Gyarados
Smeargle

Resttalk Machamp can come in and beat both leads assuming it has Thunderpunch.

Before I get too carried away and this becomes a RMT, what do you guys think of Houndoom as a lead? I have met a fair amount of success with it recently and want to know if it's actually viable in OU as a lead. It doesn't mind Heatran switching in to activate flash fire as Heatran will break its sash with Earth Power and be OHKO'd by HP Ground.

Try it before you knock it please. It's doing well for me though the choice between HP fighting/ground is tough, since I'm seeing many TTar leads, and hitting them harder would be nice.

If someone can tell me how to hide all that information I would appreciate it since I am new to forums and am aware how sloppy this must look.

Focus

Ubers Tester Extraordinaire
The idea of a houndoom being viable in OU is certainly creative and interesting. It beats some very common threats and it has the element of surprise, which is always great, especially for an anti-lead. With good prediction, it is suprisingly successful. By the way, I see no reason not to go with the special sweeper spread. That's what the Focus Sash is for. I haven't really seen that many of those T-Tar leads so far, so I have been using HP Ground. Beware the odd U-turns! In the end, it is somewhat disappointing how often swithing out is the best option. I have been seeing a lot of Aerodactyl and Swampert, which is somewhat of a downer. Anyway, kudos to you!

I've killed 7 of 9 leads with my Houndoom today. One game I killed 3 poke's while I killed 2 a few others, including a few Heatrans on the switch.

Against Aero I've decided to just Fire Blast twice then sucker punch. They ALWAYS stealth rock on turn one since that's aero's purpose, so I can always seem to beat them if I counter turn 2 or just double fire blast + sucker punch.

I love this lead and hope some other people begin trying it. I love how Sucker punch takes priority over priority! So many kills from this! And Hp ground + sucker punch is wrecking several rain dance leads I've seen.

Just use Early Bird, and Smeargle ceases to be a problem.

Tyranitar leads tank unboosted Waterfalls from Bulkygyara (who you must be using or else it wouldn't set up on Swampert) and easily OHKO with Stone Edge.

Just use Early Bird, and Smeargle ceases to be a problem.

Tyranitar leads tank unboosted Waterfalls from Bulkygyara (who you must be using or else it wouldn't set up on Swampert) and easily OHKO with Stone Edge.
Actually I use the offensive Gyarados. I've yet to see a lead pert carrying Stone Edge OR roar lately, much to my delight. The leads I've met seem to be Surf/Earthquake/Rocks/Avalanche or something. In this case TTar ceases to be a problem. Counter beats TTar most of the time because they're cocky. 1 for 1 is fine with me, and not even 5 minutes ago I swept 2 pokemon with Houndoom. Lead Azelf used SR. Houndoom Used Fire Blast. Houndoom used Sucker Punch. Azelf Dead. Enemy Sends in Infernape. Infernape uses Mach Punch. Houndoom uses Counter. Infernape Dies. Enemy sends in Bronzong. Houndoom uses Fire Blast. Critical Hit. Bronzong Dies. Enemy sends in Empoleon. Damn! Sucker punch gets me the hit before Aqua Jet.

This happens pretty often where the surprise factor takes down leads and unsuspecting teams. I am very pleased with Houndoom as my lead, and I almost never switch him out to bring back - I just fight to the death...No matter what that fire blast is going to hurt, and sucker punch lets me get in 1 last hit.

And I've been using Flash Fire but Early Bird seems tempting since I don't like bringing Houndoom back in on rocks.

I got me an Anti-Lead Gengar

Gengar
Timid
Levitate
Choice Scarf
252 Speed/252 Special Attack/4 HP
Knock Off
Taunt
Shadowball
Destinybond

This set was mainly the result of me running into five lead Aerodactyls in a row and getting so pissed that I engineered a pokemon (who may not even be feasible) that would without a doubt beat Aero.

So the Taunt is for prevention of stealth rock, Knock Off is to terminate anything of annoyance in the game that relys on an Item. I have on several occasions brought out a suicide Gengar just to knock off a choice item or a Life Orb. Shadowball is definitely there because you still have a powerful scarfed Gengar on your hands. That Destinybond works great with his speed as well.

Gengar
Timid
Levitate
Choice Scarf
Knock Off
Taunt
Shadowball
Destinybond
This looks....Geez, how should I even put it? This is flat-out the worst Gengar set I've ever seen that hasn't been Choice Band Gengar. I'm sorry. I really see absolutely -no- positive sides to this as a lead. Especially if you choose to Taunt and they switch to Scizor. Hooray. You taunted something that will happily Pursuit you. Hooray.

You say you bring in a team member for a SUICIDE KNOCK OFF. Things like Gyrados get a second DD, and possibly a third as you switch. They won't miss the Life Orb at all. Also, since your only true attacking move is Shadow Ball, you get horrid mono-move coverage. Really. The only use I see for this thing is if you -really- hate Scarf Rotom. And then, why the hell are you suggesting this as a lead then?

Taunt, Knockoff AND Destiny Bond!?

Why not just use Metagross and kill the Dactyl in two turns? Rocks aren't that big a deal if you have a spinner.

You should atleast go with Trick to hopefully cripple something that tries to set up SR. It would be a whole lot better than Taunt. But yeah, I can't see anything that that Gengar can do that Scarf Jirachi can't do better.

Focus

Ubers Tester Extraordinaire
Taunt with a Choice item is a bad idea. Your opponent will know that you're scarfed, and you will be a sitting duck for a switch-in or an attack. Hypnosis would work better than Taunt, even considering the accuracy issue. The main problem is that this Gengar cannot stay in for more than one turn before becoming absolutely useless.

Hi, I'm fairly new at competitive. Since I can't use the rotom formes over Wifi (if anyone has the AR code for that, feel free to PM me the code), I had to find a decent spinblocker.

Since spiritomb has no pursuit weakness I went with him. here's the set:

spiritomb @ leftovers
Ability: pressure
calm 252 HP 116 SpA 140 SpDef
-Will-o-Wisp
-Pain Split
-hidden power fire
-shadow ball

This spiritomb is made entirely for spinblocking. It is used in a stall team. The given EV's is for special bulk while WoW takes care of physical counters. but the spinblocking.

HP fire is a clean 2HKO on specially defensive forretress and has a high chance of OHKOing the physically defensive set. Shadow Ball will 2HKO all starmies, barring the specially bulky (do they even exist?).
LO starmies hydro pump will 2HKO this at most. as will the Specs version. Since Hydro pump isn't very accurate, there is a slight chance of spiritomb coming out on top.

CB tyranitars Crunch will never OHKO this Spiritomb, so I can stay in and WoW this behemoth, rendering it virtually useless.
Scarftar can only dream of 2HKOing it, doing a maximum of 48,7 % of damage. Will-o-Wisp and pain split will make me come on top of this matchup

So yeah, in theory this looks a very solid build and I'm pretty proud of it, as I didn't copy it from the strategy dex. This is my very first, personally built pokemon :-D

Ace Emerald

Cyclic, lunar, metamorphosing
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
@ above
Just some nitpicks. Rapid spin starmie doesn't invest fully in sp atk or carry life orb. You mentioned cb tar's crunch, but not stone edge (I don't know of it matters much cb tar is almost never used). The set looks alright, nothing jumps out at me as sucking. If it is working well for you, then go for it.

@ above
Just some nitpicks. Rapid spin starmie doesn't invest fully in sp atk or carry life orb. You mentioned cb tar's crunch, but not stone edge (I don't know of it matters much cb tar is almost never used). The set looks alright, nothing jumps out at me as sucking. If it is working well for you, then go for it.
Even though Rapid Spin Starmie doesn't, it's still good to know that you can switch in on a Starmie, predicting a Rapid Spin, and eat an offensive one's Hydro Pump instead. If I were using a CB Tyranitar, I would use Crunch instead of Stone Edge because of the imperfect accuracy. Also, even though it can't OHKO you with Crunch, it will still 2HKO you after the Burn and you end up with a dead (or low health if you switch) Spiritomb.

Also, you should consider slashing Sucker Punch over Shadow Ball on there so you can 2HKO Starmie with it before it 3HKOs you if you switch into a LO Hydro Pump. It might not end up working out very well since you have to split the EVs and use Sassy but it's something to look into.

I'd favor Shadow Sneak/Pursuit/Sucker Punch over Shadow Ball. I don't see Shadow Ball doing much good, and I'd rather have a way to punish a Starmie switching out, or damage/KO a Ghost or Starmie itself.

Also, keep Dark Pulse in mind as an option. Better single-move coverage in Dark than in Ghost, you still get STAB, and you still can kill things like Starmie and Gengar.

Gengar
Timid
Levitate
Choice Scarf
Knock Off
Taunt
Shadowball
Destinybond

This set was mainly the result of me running into five lead Aerodactyls in a row and getting so pissed that I engineered a pokemon (who may not even be feasible) that would without a doubt beat Aero.

So the Taunt is for prevention of stealth rock, Knock Off is to terminate anything of annoyance in the game that relys on an Item. I have on several occasions brought out a suicide Gengar just to knock off a choice item or a Life Orb. Shadowball is definitely there because you still have a powerful scarfed Gengar on your hands. That Destinybond works great with his speed as well.
If you really want a lead that functions that way, you're better off with the Froslass Lead Spiker set on-site. Sure, you gain a worse typing and you lose that great Special Attack, but you still have access to the same speed, Destiny Bond, and Taunt, while gaining Spikes and a better STAB for your mono-attack in Ice Beam (or Ice Shard, whichever you prefer). You won't be OHKOing any leads with 80 SpA, but it's better than Shadow Ball. Not the best lead, but it's pretty good, and does more for your team than just Knocking Off.

Seriously, if Froslass had better SpA, things would be a little brighter for her. But I could be wrong.

Ninetales
Timid
Lum Berry
Flash Fire
Set Name: Burnfusion
-Confuse Ray
-Will-O-Wisp
-Flamethrower
-Energy Ball
EVs: 6 HP/252 Sp.Atk/252 Speed

The focus of this set is to wear down the opponent with Will-O-Wisp and Confuse Ray, with Flamethrower and Energy Ball used to speed up the process.

I often go for Will-O-Wisp first, enabling the rest of my team to deal with the opponent easily if Ninetales gets killed. After burning them, I go for Confuse Ray. Pokemon like Gyarados, Flygon and Kingdra can be taken down quickly if everything plays out right. Until confusion wears off, I spam Flamethrower or Energy ball, whatever will do more damage.

Lum Berry as the held item is to prevent status problems from disrupting this combo, since sleep and paralysis in particular can throw a wrench in the works.

Many people I talk to have been surprised at this Ninetales. They'll either laugh at my using a NU Pokemon, or ask why it doesn't have Hypnosis. Then their team usually gets shredded to bits. It's quite entertaining to watch.

Ninetales
Timid
Lum Berry
Flash Fire
Set Name: Burnfusion
-Confuse Ray
-Will-O-Wisp
-Flamethrower
-Energy Ball
EVs: 6 HP/252 Sp.Atk/252 Speed

The focus of this set is to wear down the opponent with Will-O-Wisp and Confuse Ray, with Flamethrower and Energy Ball used to speed up the process.

I often go for Will-O-Wisp first, enabling the rest of my team to deal with the opponent easily if Ninetales gets killed. After burning them, I go for Confuse Ray. Pokemon like Gyarados, Flygon and Kingdra can be taken down quickly if everything plays out right. Until confusion wears off, I spam Flamethrower or Energy ball, whatever will do more damage.

Lum Berry as the held item is to prevent status problems from disrupting this combo, since sleep and paralysis in particular can throw a wrench in the works.

Many people I talk to have been surprised at this Ninetales. They'll either laugh at my using a NU Pokemon, or ask why it doesn't have Hypnosis. Then their team usually gets shredded to bits. It's quite entertaining to watch.
This definitely looks useful, and plays to Ninetales' strengths. However, I think since Fire types (like Heatran) will be common switch-ins, you may want to consider slashing in HP Ground next to Energy Ball. You will still only do 65.6-78% to Heatran, but you will outspeed non-scarf versions, and they can't OHKO you back even if they have a scarf (unless they explode). With only 81 base special attack and no defensive investment, you can't really afford to stay in and attack any water types, even though you outspeed all of them. However, with Flash Fire, good speed, and high special defense, you stand a chance against most fire types.

Also, since Ninetale's Special attack is quite weak for OU, I might invest in more (special) defense and give it Leftovers and Substitute and trade direct damage potential for survivability. Though it may be considerably more gimmicky, I might try this:

Ninetales @ Leftovers
Timid / Jolly
Flash Fire
4 Def / 252 SpDef / 252 Spe
Confuse Ray
Will-o-Wisp
Substitute
Flamethrower / Energy Ball / Dig / Pain Split / Spite / etc.

This should cause lots of switches, so the more entry hazards, the better. The plan is to abuse Confuse Ray, Will-o-Wisp, and Substitute with your high speed to annoy opponents to no end, and use the last slot as you see fit to cover any weaknesses.

His Eminence Lord Poppington II

proverb:the fish who eats most dies still too
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Torment Gyarados!

Gyarados if bulky on both spectrums and as such this set can be EVed to the way your team requires it, mixed EVed sets are also acceptable with speed or mixed defences. The most important thing is to maximize or near maximize HP, with either an impish / careful nature.

Gyarados@Leftovers Impish / Careful
252HP/ 252 def or 252 sp.def 4 Spe

Torment
Roar/Waterfall
Protect
Substitute

Gyarados only has two weaknesses, and forces a LOT of switches, even with leftovers people will still suspect bulky gyara so you can sub on the switch and torment the turn after, alternating between protect and sub. Maximum effectiveness outside of damaging weathering and in conjunction with entry hazards.

Roar or waterfall is whether you or not you want to face being shut down by the likes of ballsy gliscor who may catch onto the set and taunt you. Roar, for the most part is the better alternative as it racks up more entry hazards and people will often double switch when they realize their single electric/rock move will never touch Gyarados.

same as sub champ but different EV's

Trick room/Tank champ Machamp
252 hp/ 252 atk/ 4 def
item: Leftovers
ability: No-guard

Move set:
Substitute
Stone edge
Dynamic punch
Payback

It can obliterate very many especially with trick room support.

I´ve been using a new spread of Choice Specs Rotom - W, the only difference here is the EV´s:

Nature: Modest
EV´s: 196 HP / 16 def / 168 spA / 128 spe
Trait: Levitate
Item: Choice Specs

~ Thunderbolt
~ Shadow Ball
~ Hydro Pump
~ Trick

Rotom has a decent Special Attack, but when you pair it with Choice Specs, you get one of the most powerful weapons in OU. With spikes and SR support, it can be even more dreadful. The only countes it has are Blissey and Snorlax, which are still crippled by Trick. The use of T-bolt, Shadow Ball and Hydro Pump isn´t resisted by anything in OU.

Rotom - W has something that the other Rotom- A doesn´t have: Hydro Pump. Rotom-W lures Tyranitar to come in, thinking that the electric ghost is scarfed, and it won´t hurt too much with Shadow Ball / T-bolt; then, BANG!!, a water cannon is shot and OHKO´s the tyrant pokemon. Hydro Pump doesn´t only OHKO´s Tyranitar, it murders Gliscor, Hippowdon and Donphan. You´ll want to Hydro Pump spam in early game to prevent being pursuited by other Tyranitars. Thunderbolt is the most powerful move this washing machine has; it injures very hard anything that doesn´t resist it. Suicune and Vaporeon fear him; Metagross, Bronzong, Zapdos, slower Heatrans and Tyranitar (in case you don´t predict right) are 2OHKO´ed by it, considering SR and spikes damage. The last slot, Shadow Ball, it just kills celebi, and other Rotom´s - A, while it lures and 2OHKO´s Swapert and Zapdos.

I´ve told you the basic information about Specs Rotom-W, now the point of posting this set, the EV´s:

~With 128 spe evs, Rotom-W reaches to a speed of 240, outspeeding Skarmory, Blissey, standard Vaporeon, max Speed adamant Scizor, Spore Puncher Breloom, max Speed adamant Metagoss and BaitTar by one point, letting me outspeed all spreads that Tyranitar can offer, except by scarf. With the Speed drop, the only threatening pokemon that outspeed you are Luke and OffensiveCune, but I´ve covered them with the rest of my team.

~With 168 evs, and positive nature, Rotom-W gets 9 points extra if it were timid 252, so it keeps its destructive power.

~In conjuction with 196 HP and 16 Def, Rotom-W will be able to take physical attacks better, since they seem to chip away the ghost´s HP. Frankly, I was wandering within calcs searching for the best pair of HP and Def that could be done with 212 remaining evs, so after 1 hour, I came with this pair, and it has worked fine for me because it took less damage than other combinations.

Some calcs:

Bulky Gyarados´ Waterfall vs. Rotom - W = 39.3% - 46.6%
+1 Bulky Gyarados´ Waterfall vs. Rotom - W = 58.3% - 69.3%
Offensive Suicune´s Surf vs Rotom - W= 39.3% - 46.6%
+1 Offensive Suicune´s Surf vs Rotom - W= 58.3% - 69.3%
Breloom´s Seed Bomb vs Rotom-W= 46.6% - 54.8%
Tyranitar´s Pursuit vs Rotom-W (if I´m not switching out) = 43.4% - 51.7%
112 att Forretress´ Payback vs Rotom-W (after taking a hit)= 47.6% - 56.6%

****NOTE****
If you´re running this spread make sure you have SR and spikes support (rapid spin would be very good), so the washing machine could turn 2OHKO´s in OHKO´s and 3OHKO´s in 2OHKO´s. I´d highly recomend Forretress.
Also, make sure you have coverd SD luke, because the speed drop is a sacrifice I/you need to do if you want to run this bulkier spread.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion

Offensive Ninjask
Move 1: Swords Dance
Move 2: X-Scissor
Move 3: U-Turn
Move 4: Return / Double Edge
Item: Life Orb
EVs: 8 HP / 252 Atk / 248 Spe

I was using this Ninjask on a themed team (hyper-fast offense) and it's been doing pretty nicely. It's funny when I get Taunted by (X Pokemon) only for it to get hit with a +2 U-Turn.

@Arcticblast That's pretty average. Ninjask basically gets max. 2 switch-ins with Rocks up (Life Orb and U-turn aren't helping its longevity), has horrible coverage and U-turn is just wasting the few chances you'll have to SD. You could ditch U-turn for Baton Pass, which is pretty much the same but you'll pass on your boosts to a teammate when you switch out. Honestly I don't think you could really make it any better beyond that; Ninjask's movepool is too horrible for a purely offensive set to work well.

Just because I can: The EVs are weird as well; Ninjask already has plenty of speed and assuming you're using Speed Boost there's no worries there. Max Attack is of course necessary but I don't see what 8 HP EVs are doing when you're only getting a couple of chances to attack thanks to switching in and Life Orb. I'd go with a simple 252 Def / 252 Atk / 4 SpD, since Ninjask might survive some weak physical attacks. The SpD is just filler really.

Guys, I got a set I need some opinions about this set.

I'm building a stall team (last one for gen 4) and the only thing I need is a spin blocker. I tried all Ghost types (Dusknoir, Spiritomb, Gengar, Rotom-a, Mismagius, Froslass) and I came up with this set that suprisingly works very well. It blocks Rapid Spin but it's also a good counter to last pokemon set-uppers.

Gengar @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Timid
EV's: 182 Def / 74 SpA / 252 Spe

- Shadow Ball
- Substitute
- Perish Song
- Pain Split

This may seem like a weird set at first but let me explain.

First of, since this set isn't mean to be offensive Leftovers is the prefered item (Black Sludge can be used as well). This will also allow Gengar to take weather damage when sub'ing without being affraid of being KO'd.

Timid nature because Gengar is a pokemon who really depends on his speed to be effective.

With the given EV spread a CB Scizor's U-turn will not break Gengar's sub (doing a max of 24.9%).

Shadow Ball is mainly to have an attack move and it's STAB'ed as well, it's also has decent coverage and is pretty powerful overal.

Substitute is to be used after comming in on a Rapid Spin, the turn your opponent is going to switch. Substitute will protect you from Pursuit users such as Tyranitar so you'll be able to switch out with ease. Since I'm using this Gengar set on a Stall team (with Toxic Spikes and other entry hazard suppport + Sandstorm) so Substitute can help with stalling.

Substitute also makes a great move to use with Perish Song because of Gengar's pretty high speed stat. So pokemon as Suicune trying to set up are Perish Song'ed and that Substitute stalled so they are forced to switch. Perish Song also helps with last pokemon stat uppers (Curse Swampert was a big threat to my team) that go the same fate as the Suicune I mentioned before.

Pain Split also appreciate Substitute damage as with Gengar actually low HP stat it can really screw up pokemon with high health making damage from Toxic and Sandstorm incredibly dangerous. It also offer Gengar a recovery move which it appreciates.

I ran a Gengar like that for a while. I had Trick over Shadow Ball, Taunt over Pain Split, and held a Black Sludge. This basically meant a win against other stall teams, as I could fire off a fast Taunt and set my Black Sludge on anyone I wanted (usually Blissey). It's alright but slightly outclassed my Misdreavus, in my opinion, because of the extra bulk on the special side.

Abomasnow

Nature: Adamant
Item: Life Orb/Leftovers

moveset:
Swords Dance
Earthquake
Avalanche
Woodhammer

i created this moveset today by accident thinking that it was a moveset posted on smogon but when i went back to look it wasnt there. anyway, this is a pretty self explanatory set, your basic swords dance set i guess. anyway, EV's could conceivably be placed on the defenses and/or the Attack stat. dont bother with speed or special attack with this set.
please tell me your opinions on this set. i know its a little risky running a swords dance set on Abomasnow with its not so great defenses but i dont know. still though, opinions!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)