New and 'creative' moveset/EV spread thread - UU Edition

Scarf Gabite?

With decent attack and speed (for UU) I'm proposing a scarf Gabite. Dragon is a good type, the only other Dragon in UU being Altaria. Gabite not getting access to Swords Dance sucks too.

Gabite@Choice Scarf
Adamant/Jolly
32 Hp / 252 Atk / 224 Spe

Outrage
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Dragon Claw

224 Speed out speeds Max speed Swellow, max attack is obvious, the rest is dumped into Hp. Jolly is used to out speed Aggron after an RP. Outrage is the strongest attack, and with 4 steel types in UU it won't be too bad to be locked in to. Earthquake is the next move, providing good coverage, as there are no Flying/Levitating steel types in UU, provides perfect overage with Outrage. The next two attacks are mainly fillers, as Stab Outrage hits about as hard as SE Stone Edge. Stone Edge hits Flying types, and Dragon Clw is just there for if you don't want to get locked into Outrage.

What do you think?
It MIGHT work in NU, but he's too frail for UU, and there are definetely more powerful and faster Pokemon in UU, such as, say, Scyther.

Not a bad idea, but I don't think it would work in today's UU metagame.

It MIGHT work in NU, but he's too frail for UU, and there are definetely more powerful and faster Pokemon in UU, such as, say, Scyther.

Not a bad idea, but I don't think it would work in today's UU metagame.
It's not really outclassed by scyther because of it's stealth rock resist and Dragon typing for Outrage which has great neutral coverage in a tier where there is only a couple steels. I would say it could work as a revenge killer only. It would team up well with ambipom and uxie thanks to u turns. Also Ambipom is a great lure for the steels of UU.

There is probably a reason that gabite hasn't seen a whole lot of usage and it's not because he isn't undiscovered. I HAVE seen some here or there it's just that the opponent always misplays them.

Could you give damage calcs agaisnt some of the top pokemon to further your cause? How much does an outrage to a +Def Venusar or Milotic?

@Choice Band
Iron Fist | Adamant | 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Spd (or SpD)
~ Mach Punch
~ Close Combat
~ Pursuit
~ Ice Punch/Bullet Punch

Hitmonchan set I made trying to emulate Scizor. I'm not sure if TechniTop would do this better, but it's been doing pretty well so far. Mach Punch + STAB + Iron Fist for revenge killing, and Close Combat is brutal STAB with Choice Band. Pursuit is for Ghosts and Psychics, but helps for frail things getting out of there. Ice Punch is for coverage, or Bullet Punch for another priority attack.

I would like a bit of info on this set, mainly if Hitmontop would do a better job. Technician is better for Pursuit and Mach Punch, but its base attack is lower by 10 points, which reduces the power of Close Combat and Ice Punch (Ice Punch also doesn't get Technician boost, but it does get Iron Fist). Does the 10 extra attack outweigh the Technician bonus?
I would check out how much it does to venusaur and milotic once again. I would peronally look into thunderpunch just to hit Milotic without the defensive drops and to be able to dent slowbro. It might be able to edge out just enough damage to do what it needs. Please provide some calculations.

Outrage vs. 364hp/291 def Venusaur, 37~44%,

Outrage vs. 301hp/202 def Venusaur, 54~63%

Outrage vs. 394hp/282 def Milotic 35~42%

Outrage vs. 261hp/156 def Mismagius 97~114%,

Outrage vs. 354hp/394 def Uxie 28~33%

Outrage vs 321 hp/216 def Moltres 57~67%

Outrage vs. 281 hp/166 def Sceptile 85~100%

Stone Edge vs. 384 hp/306 def Moltres 76~89%

Earthquake vs 364 hp/336 def Registeel 54~64%

Earthquake vs 321 hp/196 def Arcanine 100%

Earthquake vs 321 hp/186 def Raikou 100%

Those are some calcs against some of the most used UU pokes.

@Godsend. It's okay, but just not powerful enough. Though there are no levitating steels in UU but there is a levitating wall in UU that is pretty common, Weezing, who walls the set completely, and Gabite is not powerful enough to do any damage to it if locked into outrage.

Weezing was ranked number 50 last month (I don't see why with Venusaur at number 1), but I do understand about it not having enough power. If only it got Swords Dance.

Moveset Name: Life Orb Khan
Move: Return
Move: Earthquake
Move: Fake Out
Move: Sucker Punch
Item: Life Orb
Ability: Scrappy
Nature(s): Jolly
EVs: Ordered 82 HP/ 252 Atk / 176 Spe

Evs are to outspeed plus base 80s while maximizing attack increases damage output. The rest add to Khan already good bulk. Nature increases the speed. Moves give relatively good coverage.

I've had some success on Smogon with the following Corsola Wall

Corsola@Leftovers
Natural Cure
Calm/Bold Nature (252 HP, 128 def, 124 sp def)
Confuse Ray/Toxic
Stealth Rock
Recover
Surf

Corsola certainly doesn't have the special attack to kill much of anything, even with 252 special attack, so I figured why invest any EVs in special attack? Essentially, this corsola is here to switch in on one of it's resistances, confuse them and then set up stealth rock. I've had the most success with confuse ray, because people typically send out a high-attack wallbreaker to deal with corsola, and thus are more bothered by confusion than by poison. Surf is mostly just there to prevent being made completely pointless by taunt.

Rivalry Ray

Luxray @ Choice Scarf / Life Orb
EVs: 28 Hp / 252 Atk / 228 Spe
Jolly Nature
Rivalry Nature
- Spark
- Crunch / Fire Fang
- Ice Fang
- Superpower

The key to this Luxray is the use of its ability Rivalry. Rivalry will boost its atk as long as the foe has the same gender, which it usually does. If I'm not mistaken this will boost Luxray's attack to 508, which is extremly high in UU. The EVs allow Luxray to outspeed base 125 pokemon such as Swellow. Max attack is obvious and the rest is dumped in Hp. The moves are basically for coverage, and you can choose Return or Quick Atk depending on what you need. Fire Fang is also an option for grass types like Venesaur.

Rivalry Ray

Luxray @ Choice Scarf / Life Orb
EVs: 28 Hp / 252 Atk / 228 Spe
Jolly Nature
Rivalry Nature
- Spark
- Crunch / Fire Fang
- Return / Quick Attack
- Superpower
It's really similar to the Choice Band set in Luxray's analysis, so I don't think it can be considered "new and creative", but at the same time Luxray doesn't have many options. Since Superpower covers Steels (most importantly Steelix), Ice Fang is probably the most useful move in the third slot if it's using a Life Orb, as it hits Grass-types super effective like Fire Fang, while also catching any Ground types that attempt to switch in (Donphan and Torterra in particular).

Cusseggutor

Exeggutor@ Leftovers
Evs: 252 hp/252 sp.def/ 6 atk

Curse
Wood Hammer
Zen Headbutt/Body Slam/Low Kick
Synthesis/Explosion

A simple Curse set. But coming from a poke no one expects... that is Exeggutor.
Wood Hammer is a strong STAB move that lets you hit waters and such for SE damage.
Zen Headbutt is his other STAB move, and the best option to hit Venusaur and poisons in general. Body Slam provides a good coverage and a chance of paralizing the enemy.
Low Kick if you're desperate to hit Registeel hard.
Synthesis keeps you alive, while Exlosion is to take someone out.

The evs are simple: Maximize its not so good sp.def and its good HP, letting Exeggutor take some hits from the special side.
Keep away from anything that has a SE special STAB move though.

Of course there's better cursers out there... but Exeggutor is also a option.

I don't mean to come off as an ass but I don't see the point in posting sets that are... 'obvious', outclassed, and/or most likely untested. For example...

Farfetch'd (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 HP/252 SDef
Careful nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Body Slam
- Aerial Ace
- Rest
- Curse
---
Dusclops (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Def
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Shadow Sneak
- Ice Punch
- Focus Punch
- Thunderpunch
---
Luvdisc (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Spd/252 SAtk/4 SDef
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Toxic
---

Yeah...

Yeah I agree with God Bless Atheism. Exeggutor has many weaknesses, so a curse set wouldn't work anyway. And God Bless Atheism, I laughed so hard when I saw your analogy.

I would check out how much it does to venusaur and milotic once again. I would peronally look into thunderpunch just to hit Milotic without the defensive drops and to be able to dent slowbro. It might be able to edge out just enough damage to do what it needs. Please provide some calculations.
Ice Punch vs 252 HP Bold Venusaur: 508 Atk vs 222 Def & 364 HP (90 Base Power): 294 - 348 (80.77% - 95.60%)
Close Combat vs 148 HP/252 Def Bold Milotic: 508 Atk vs 282 Def & 368 HP (120 Base Power): 232 - 274 (63.04% - 74.46%)
ThunderPunch vs 148 HP/252 Def Bold Milotic: 508 Atk vs 282 Def & 368 HP (90 Base Power): 234 - 276 (63.59% - 75.00%) (identical)
ThunderPunch vs 252 HP/252 Def Bold Slowbro: 508 Atk vs 350 Def & 394 HP (90 Base Power): 188 - 222 (47.72% - 56.35%)

So Close Combat and ThunderPunch vs Milotic are identical, and ThunderPunch is a clean 2HKO on Slowbro with SR + Lefties. Ice Punch has a 50% chance to OHKO Venusaur with SR, but I'm never going to switch into Venusaur unless I'm revenging with Sleep Clause already active.

Now for Hitmontop vs the same things:
Ice Punch vs 252 HP Bold Venusaur: 456 Atk vs 222 Def & 364 HP (75 Base Power): 222 - 262 (60.99% - 71.98%)
Close Combat vs 148 HP/252 Def Bold Milotic: 456 Atk vs 282 Def & 368 HP (120 Base Power): 208 - 246 (56.52% - 66.85%)
ThunderPunch vs 148 HP/252 Def Bold Milotic: 456 Atk vs 282 Def & 368 HP (75 Base Power): 174 - 206 (47.28% - 55.98%)
ThunderPunch vs 252 HP/252 Def Bold Slowbro: 456 Atk vs 350 Def & 394 HP (75 Base Power): 142 - 168 (36.04% - 42.64%)

Hitmonchan greatly outdamages Hitmontop in all of these calcs. A 2HKO on Slowbro is lost, and a potential OHKO on Venusaur is lost. Close Combat still 2HKOs Milotic however.

Now, would it be worth checking Mach Punch and Pursuit on some things, or is that conclusive?

Ice Punch vs 252 HP Bold Venusaur: 508 Atk vs 222 Def & 364 HP (90 Base Power): 294 - 348 (80.77% - 95.60%)
Close Combat vs 148 HP/252 Def Bold Milotic: 508 Atk vs 282 Def & 368 HP (120 Base Power): 232 - 274 (63.04% - 74.46%)
ThunderPunch vs 148 HP/252 Def Bold Milotic: 508 Atk vs 282 Def & 368 HP (90 Base Power): 234 - 276 (63.59% - 75.00%) (identical)
ThunderPunch vs 252 HP/252 Def Bold Slowbro: 508 Atk vs 350 Def & 394 HP (90 Base Power): 188 - 222 (47.72% - 56.35%)

So Close Combat and ThunderPunch vs Milotic are identical, and ThunderPunch is a clean 2HKO on Slowbro with SR + Lefties. Ice Punch has a 50% chance to OHKO Venusaur with SR, but I'm never going to switch into Venusaur unless I'm revenging with Sleep Clause already active.

Ice Punch vs 252 HP Bold Venusaur: 456 Atk vs 222 Def & 364 HP (75 Base Power): 222 - 262 (60.99% - 71.98%)
Close Combat vs 148 HP/252 Def Bold Milotic: 456 Atk vs 282 Def & 368 HP (120 Base Power): 208 - 246 (56.52% - 66.85%)
ThunderPunch vs 148 HP/252 Def Bold Milotic: 456 Atk vs 282 Def & 368 HP (75 Base Power): 174 - 206 (47.28% - 55.98%)
ThunderPunch vs 252 HP/252 Def Bold Slowbro: 456 Atk vs 350 Def & 394 HP (75 Base Power): 142 - 168 (36.04% - 42.64%)

Hitmonchan greatly outdamages Hitmontop in all of these calcs. A 2HKO on Slowbro is lost, and a potential OHKO on Venusaur is lost. Close Combat still 2HKOs Milotic however.

Now, would it be worth checking Mach Punch and Pursuit on some things, or is that conclusive?
I would say you have to have CC and Ice Punch just for the great coverage and because of Venusaur being everywhere. Mach Punch is invaluable priority... however... I would wait for Froslass status to solidify (prob BL status) before including bullet punch because honestly running it for just Missy isn't worth it.

I don't think it can emulate Scizor like you hoped, but it's definitely can show it's merit as a CB revenge killer.

I would use-
CC
Ice Punch
Mach Punch
Pursuit/Thunderpunch if Slowbro is a problem.

I haven't seen a single Slowbro at all, so ThunderPunch doesn't really fit the bill. I can Pursuit it if I'm really desperate, but I have other things to take care of it (Lanturn).

I think the one solid factor that keeps this set from being more Scizor-esque is lack of U-turn (obviously) and the fact that people tend to not know what the fuck I'm going to do, hence making Pursuit not as nice when I first send it out.

Honestly, I don't think those calcs did anything to prove this set to be viable. I don't think anyone questioned Hitmonchan's power, and many of them are pointless. For example, Hitmonchan's 2HKO on Milotic is irrelevant, since Milotic easily outspeeds it. Anyway, Hitmontop does not get any of the elemental punches, so any calculations that include him using them are irrelevant. While Hitmonchan's ThunderPunch allows it to 2HKO Slowbro, once your opponent sees it taking 50% from a Hitmonchan taking no Life Orb recoil, it will be pretty obvious that your Pokemon is Choiced, letting dangerous Pokemon like Venusaur and Donphan come in relatively unscathed. This can obviously happen to any Choice item user, but I think it's a fairly significant drawback for a move that is really only being used to take care of one Pokemon (Blastoise and Milotic take equal damage from Close Combat like you said, and I think special defense drops are preferable to using a move with half the power against most switch-ins). Also, any Slowbro with above 50% of its health remaining can use Thunder Wave to allow it to Slack Off before you can strike again, and can often Psychic Hitmonlee to death if it gets a full paralysis before a critical hit (likely), or at least neuter Hitmonlee's speed so another Pokemon could pick it off.

Hitmonchan's Pursuit is far weaker than Hitmontop's against a Pokemon that's not switching (I'll spare the math this time), and most Ghost and Psychic-type Pokemon are actually good switch-ins for both Pokemon, rather than targets to catch switching with Pursuit. Priority is nice, but not only is Hitmontop's Mach Punch stronger (in fact, Life Orb Hitmontop's Mach Punch will very slightly outdamage CB Hitmonchan's), Choiced Mach Punch is probably a bad idea, inviting threats like the omnipresent Gallade, which this Hitmonchan can't touch aside from a neutral Ice Punch/ThunderPunch. Hitmontop gets Aerial Ace (boosted by Technician) to better deal with Gallade and do a lot of damage to Venusaur, although a bit less than Hitmonchan does with Ice Punch. The thing that I'm still wondering about is, why use Hitmonchan over Hitmonlee? The former's low speed means that it only has a chance against Venusaur if it hits it on the switch, and that is only one of the many Pokemon that Jolly Hitmonlee comfortably outspeeds that Hitmonchan can not. Additionally, Hitmonlee's Choice Band Close Combat can OHKO Steelix, which is far more useful than Hitmonchan's 2HKO on Slowbro in my opinion.

To me, this doesn't seem remotely similar to Scizor's Choice Band set. Even if you include Pursuit and/or Mach Punch (which are utilized more effectively by Hitmontop), Hitmonlee lacks Scizor's solid Defense and the resistances afforded by the Steel typing to reliably switch into Pokemon and trap them, not to mention that it lacks U-turn (much less STAB U-turn). Furthermore, its priority move is boosted only 20% by Iron Fist, while Technician adds 50% damage to Scizor's Bullet Punch. The latter also boasts a far higher base attack. I'm not saying that your set has no merit, but I believe that Hitmonlee and Hitmontop outclass it in almost all areas, like I said in my earlier post and above.

Edit: Yeah, I noticed some name mix-ups and corrected them just as you posted, MagicMaster87. All of the names are accurate now, no guarantees that my post won't still be confusing though :P

@iliketurkeybacon: I think you need to read over your post again; you seem to have mixed up the three Hitmons' names with each other several times (for instance, "Hitmonlee gets Aerial Ace (boosted by Technician)" should say Hitmontop, not Hitmonlee; there are quite a few other such cases) and it makes it somewhat confusing.

Back on topic, Gallade seems like it would pull off a CB set better as well. It has MUCH higher ATK than Hitmonchan, even slightly higher than Hitmonlee's, and it has a better movepool; Leaf Blade takes care of Slowbro and Milotic while at the same time preventing Dugtrio from switching in for free and killing you, as well as other Ground-types, while Psycho Cut will easily dispatch Venusaur (although it's slightly risky with Honchkrow and Spiritomb all over the place). Of course, Gallade does seem to be quite likely to be voted BL soon, but until then there's really no reason to use Hitmonchan over Gallade except for Mach Punch, which as iliketurkeybacon pointed out is better left to Hitmontop.

I've been using both of these in UU with good results.

Moveset Name: Nessy's Last Song
Move 1: Block
Move 2: Perish Song
Move 3: Protect
Move 4: Dive / Substitute / Rest
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
Nature(s): Bold
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpDef

Idea: Lapras with Block now gives stiff competition to Mismagius as the best Perish Trapper in OU. Larpas does have many advantages to the speeder ghost though. Firstly, Lapras has better bulk on both sides of the spectrum, letting it shrug off neutral hits, and even Super Effective hits from weaker walls. Lapras also has the ability to heal itself with giving up a move slot in the form of Water Absorb.

The final move slot is open to discussion. Dive gives Lapras a tool against any Taunter it may trap, and allows it to stall out Perish Song. Protect/Attack/Protect is just as handy though if you decide another Attack will help. Substitute allows Lapras to once against stall Perish Song, while Rest allows Lapras to stay alive, and keep trapping later in the match.

Support: Lapras works well with a team that have entry hazards on the field. Failing to trap, Perish Song is a move that will cause many switches, racking up Stealth Rocks and Spikes damage. Froslass sets up Spikes, and helps Lapras take the strong fighting attacks of UU. Nidoqueen can take Fighting, Electric, and most Grass attacks aimed at Lapras, and setup Stealth Rocks, or Toxic Spikes to aid the effort.

Moveset Name: Not Ambipom
Move 1: Fake Out
Move 2: Return
Move 3: Hammer Arm / Brick Break
Move 4: Toxic / Yawn
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Scrappy
Nature(s): Adamant
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Att / 52 Def

Idea: Kangaskhan makes a terrific lead in the current UU metagame. With the EVs give, Khan has enough power to Fake Out Froslass, and destroy it with Hammer Arm 100% of the time (as long as Hammer Arm hits). Likewise, even the bulkiest Spiritomb will fall to Fake Out and two Hammer Arms.

Hammer Arm is the prefered Fighting attack, providing even power to threaten Spiritomb, Cloyster, Omastar and the critical secured OHKO on Froslass (after Fake Out). Although, if the user is concerned with Screen users, or wants to run Yawn on the moveset, Brick Break is an option. Focus Punch is another option, but much risker. Without Substitute, you'll have to count on Taunt/entry hazards being setup. It can put Cloyster within Return's KO range though.

Yawn can be a great way to deal with Leads Khan would otherwise have no answer for, such as Steelix and Moltres. Toxic however, when combined with Kangaskhan's bulk, is a good option overall.

Support: Kangaskhan appreciates Pokemon that can remove its counters, and that can take its Fighting attacks. The largest issue for Khan is the ability to damage incredibly bulky Leads like Uxie, Cloyster, and Steelix. A strong Pursuit user, like Spiritomb, or Honchkrow will scare off Uxie. Bulky Waters like Slowbro, and Milotic don't mind taking on Cloyster, or Steelix. Slowbro in particular is a nice partner for Khan, as it resist Fighting, and Khan is immune to Ghost type attacks.

Supe

would you suck the poison out
Hey ya'll. I got one more set to post atm, because i accidently posted it on the OU tier a week ago. Anyways, it's a bulk up Hitmonchan that I created because it does really well on the Shoddy Battle Server. Here it is:

Hitmonchan-Piston Pow, leftovers, Iron Fist, Careful, 252 HP 158 Atk 100 Sp.d 40 Speed
Bulk Up
Drain Punch
Ice Punch/Mach Punch/Thunderpunch
Thunderpunch/Mach Punch/Ice Punch
I just wanted to point out that the EV spread you listed adds up to 550 EVs. I would recommend dropping the speed so you don't lose any bulk or power.

I've tried a lot of set for Pachirisu (my favorite pokemon btw) and this one is the one I have most success with.

Pachirisu
Moveset Name: SubFang
- Thunder Wave
- Substitute
- Super Fang
- Swagger
Item: leftovers
Ability: ability doesn't matter since both of them have no effect in battle
Nature: Timid
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Spe, 6 SDef

--> Okay at first sight you might think what a crappy moveset on such a crappy pokemon. Well Super Fang is the reason why Pachirisu is used over all those "better" pokemon.

People always tend to switch out to ground type because they fear a fast T-wave will cripple their sweeper, walls, ...
So Pachirisu lures out pokemon from the ground type, eg. Rhyperior. When they switch out Substitute is most obvious attack to go with. Then you can adjust your attack choice bu what they send out out. Super Fang deals with Bulky ground types like Rhyperior, Quagsire, ... When the Substitute is destroyed (they will have lost 50 % of their health due to Super Fang) you can switch out to a water, grass, ... type to finish the Bulky ground of. When your opponent brings in a special wall like Chansey Thunder Wave will be the way to go (you still use Substitute on the switch). With Swagger you can go for the Parafusion technique while keep Sub'ing continiously. It's not always good to use Swagger against fast Physical sweepers (Special Sweeperts are okay) because it raises the attack stat but it has its use. Of course other moves can be used over Swagger, but you will loose your ability to hit Ghosts and Pachirisu just doesn't have the offensive power to start a sweep (even Grass Knot doesn't 1HKO Rhyperior). I jused to use Discharge over Thunderwave but then the Paralysis isn't guaranteed (only 30 % chance).

Pachirisu has maxed Speed to fire a fast T-wave against something dangerous. Max HP to give it some extra bulk. The rest is dropped in Special defense. It's a shame Gamefreak didn't give Pachirisu a decent ability useable in the competitive metagame.

I jused this in both UU and NU and in both of these Tiers Pachirisu does equally well. I'm not saying it is a vital member of my team and sometimes it dies to often before doing something usefull. But it could work with the right support.

I've been trying this out on my team. Specifically it's there to save me from Raikou and friends so...

Nidoking @ Choice Scarf
Poison Point
Adamant
252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
~ Earthquake
~ Stone Edge / Ice Punch
~ Thunderpunch
~ Focus Punch / Toxic
Boosting Nidoking's mediocre speed is the surprise element in this set. Earthquake is STAB'd and hits everything hard. Stone Edge complements Earthquake for the QuakeSlide combo, hitting Flying-types for supereffective damage. Ice Punch also does the same thing, but also hits Grass-types at the cost of lower power. Whichever move you use in the second slot Water-types will always wall you, so Thunderpunch helps weaken those. Focus Punch can be used to dent anything coming in, or Toxic can quickly slowly render an opposing target useless.

The entire set can be moved to the special side, if you really wanted it to:

Nidoking @ Choice Scarf
Poison Point
Modest
252 Sp Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
~ Earth Power
~ Ice Beam
~ Thunderbolt
~ Shadow Ball / Focus Blast / Toxic

Edit: I checked the Nidoking analysis and this isn't there so I think it's safe for me to post this.

-Terywj

I just wanted to point out that the EV spread you listed adds up to 550 EVs. I would recommend dropping the speed so you don't lose any bulk or power.
Oops didn't notice that. What I actually meant was to drop his atk ev to 118 to still keep his Sp.Def high. But the reason i don't drop the speed ev's and why they are there were in my first post of the set. Did you read that? If not, it's to outrun the standard venusaur, so i'd hit hit with a +1 ice punch first turn, since i'd be faster, he'd sleep powder and i'd cure with lum berry, then i'd KO on the next turn. Since venusaur is the most commonly used pokemon in UU i wanted to discard him as a threat to my hitmonchan, so i made it specifically for that reason. But thanks for the heads-up on the ev mistake, boy that was dumb of me lol.

Porygon2 @ Petaya Berry
Trait: Download
EVs: 248 Spd / 252 SAtk/ 4 HP / 4 Def
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Agility
- Ice Beam/Tri Attack
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt

Here's a set I've been using lately. Porygon2 is usually considered a tank. However, he is an impressive Base 105 Special Attack stat that is often shunned. this set shows how formidable a sweeper he can be. If you get a download boost, he reaches a Special Attack stat of 638 and a Speed of 438.

Porygon2 can use the BoltBeam combo, hitting a lot of UU for Super Effective damage. Tri Attack is also very powerful STAB and should only be used over Ice Beam unless you don't mind being completely walled by Steels. EVs give a enough speed to outspeed Scarf Hitmonlee, get an HP divisible by 4, with the rest dumped into defense
nice set. i like the use of his spA. lets see boltbeam=good coverage, agility=more speed. and i like the sub in there

Mixed SD Saur.

Venusaur@Life Orb
56 Atk / 204 Sp.Atk / 252 speed
Hasty
Overgrow

Power Whip
Earthquake
Sludge Bomb
Swords Dance

A modern twist on an old classic, or, something. With Life Orb and 204 Sp.Atk, and some SR support, Saur can take down even it's most popular switch ins. Sludge Bomb does Min 256 damage to Min/Min Honchcrow 75%, always ko'ing with SR. Min/Min Moltres takes a minimum of 177 damage, about 55% once again OHKOing with SR. Arcanine takes between 187~217 from Sludge Bomb, which is between 51%~61%. With his main checks out of the way, Saur is free to sweep. Max Speed is Obvious, with the dominence of Base 80's in the UU metagame, the rest is put into attack. This has worked very well for me recenlty, mainly because of the shock factor.

Pretty cool set, but the only problem is that Venusaur does not have the best speed for pulling off a mixed sweeper set, as well as the power. Though SD helps boost it's attack, splitting the EV's limits it's power, which Venusaur needs.

Also, I have a new anti-lead set I'm trying out. I'm sure I saw it somewhere before, but I can't remember or find where it was from. I changed it a little bit, but i really wanted to give some credit to the original maker. Oh well, if i remember I'll give them credit. Here it is:

Sharpedo@ Focus Sash
Ability:Rough Skin
EV's: 252 Atk, 4 Def, 252 Speed
Nature: Adamant
Moveset:
~Waterfall
~Crunch
~Aqua Jet
~Protect​
Description: Well, I'll start off by saying sharpedo is one of the most underrated pokemon due to it's crap base defenses of 70/40/40. However, with impressive stats in Atk, Speed, and Sp.A(Though I don't use one), i wanted to try and make him a prominent player in the Underused environment, where underrated pokemon can do well. With 372 attack it becomes a menace, and thanks to the transition from RSE to DPPt, it now has due stabs to work off of it's massive strength. Here's how it handles some of the common UU leads:​

Ambipom-Protect, then waterfall. If it u-turns then you get a strong waterfall on the switch. If it decides to stay in, then it will die.​

Froslass-Crunch and Aqua Jet.​

Uxie-Crunch twice.​

Moltres-Waterfall and Aj in case waterfall did not kill.​

Alakazam-Crunch and AJ.​

Arcanine-Waterfall and AJ if it survives.​

Snover-Crunch OHKO's.​

Electrode-Since almost all electrode indicate a rain team and will never attack first turn, just waterfall and AJ. If it taunted you then YAY! If not, then just use your team how you would counter rain dance teams normally. Also, with protect and focus sash, Sharpedo can handle the sweeper that comes in, as well as stall the rain with the protect/focus sash/protect combo.​

Hippopotas-Waterfall and AJ.​

There are some leads where this set cannot do much, such as Cloyster, Omastar, and other physically strong pokemon, so it does good to have a pokemon that you can bring in on them and scare them away or allow another pokemon to come in, such as SubSeed/SD Sceptile or Venusaur, any grass types that could takes advantage of the situation. Well, plz tell me whatcha think of it. I think i have a way of dealing with the cloyster and omastar leads, but i'll wait and see what you all say. Thanks!​

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)