Only trust people who like big butts.

Waddap~! Waddap~!!
Dis is Dante from the East!
I got a little team cookin up and id like sum pointers from the pros.

I love losing so much, in fact i got all my loss replays on a little handy-dandy notepad.

Gave me a little boost from the noob i am.

Based on a couple of matches and (finally) a win streak, i got my team up.

Heres my team, telmewatyathinkhuh?.

Leftovers
252 hp/atk evs
Adamant
Iron Fist

Stealth Rock
Shadow Punch
Earthquake
Fly (because yolo)

nah... just kidding 4th move is Ice Punch
Well, your stereotypical golurk pushing its weight around tossing its levitating droppings all over the opponents side, pretty much does the job of stab 2hkoing baddies after its initial SR purpose is done.

Black Sludge
252 atk/speed evs
Jolly
Poison Point

Spikes
Toxic Spikes
Mega Horn
Sludge Bomb

When this guy comes out depends on what i see - if theres anyone on the opposing teamwith the ability to rapid spin - im out, gotta focus on taking out that pokemon before i start anything. Lure it out, kill it with fire, and feed its remains to Golurk so we can produce more levitating feces.

I prefer Poison Point over Swarm because the pokemon right on front of scolipede is not immediately susceptible to the poison spike set - and most of the time people would assume that you have swarm and use a 'contact' move.

I hate Muk (nasty piece of...), Skuntank (where Muk probably comes from) and anything that eats up my purple spikes of doom.

Now once i figure out if entry hazards will be of use or not... heres where the fun begins.

Eviolite
Hp/Def ev's
Bold
Torrent

Rapid Spin
Ice Beam
Surf
Haze

I find it funny when people start stacking Curse/Quiver Dance and you send in this little turtle and suddenly all of their hopes and dreams come to a screeching halt - i love haze, completely awsome.
(warning: excessive use of haste may induce rage quit)
Rapid Spin - you know how it works right?, use it to flick off those tacks and feces.
Surf over Scald - now why would i do that? - i dont know, maybe because you wont be able to dish out more than one scald when facing off with an extremely cruel opponent. *sob*
Ice beam works too, i hate anything flying or dragon-y.

Choice Band
atk/speed/spatk
Modest
Levitate (like i have choice)

Wild Charge
Super Power
Giga Drain
Flame Thrower

Who doesnt want a freaking eel that breathes fire right?
Too cool.
This is where the pain starts, depending on the typing and clowns that your opponent has lined up, this guy can rip apart a team with proper hygiene - i mean prediction.

Eviolite
atk/speed ev's
Jolly
Mold Breaker

Dragon Dance
Outrage
Super Power
Taunt

I used to like that berry that snapped this little guy out of confusion - until i had 3 games where a single ice move snapped its neck. Eviolite filled that little hole in his heart, so that he can freely rampage throughout the battlefield. (its so beautiful) :')

The confusion aint so bad, thats why we switch out right?
I really, really, really, really hate Alomola and Lickylicky - they're pink and ... uh... PINK!

Its a pain - so fell in love with Taunt where they were rendered useless and a free Dragon Dance - YAY!

Eviolite
hp/def ev's
Bold
Prankster

Dark Pulse
Substitute
Roost
Whirlwind

Biggest pain in the butt in my my team - once i rid the enemy team of the dreaded poo&tack removal squad and see no extremespeedurs - i have fun watching them slowly die.

End of story.

Counters?
Pink and/or White or any RGB combination ugly walls who will sleep and wake up cranky as a diglett out of land. (wonder what that looks like... meh.)

A lot - i feel so vulnurable with all those experienced players around, just leave your comments/suggestions/violent reactions.

P.S. Why trust only people who like big butts? - we cannot lie. ♥

Last edited:
Golurk:
I suggest giving it 248 HP, 252 Atk, and 8 Spd, because you can potentially outspeed other non-invested Golurks/Leads. I also suggest putting Drain Punch over either Earthquake or Shadow Punch, as Golurk can be kept around for longer, and it definitely gives you more coverage in the long run.

Scolipede:
This scolipede is pointless..You gave it 252 Atk, but you are running Sludge Bomb, a SPECIAL MOVE. This is a terrible flaw, especially with it's dreadfully low Special Attack. Instead, run either Earthquake, Rock Slide, or Aqua Tail over it. Also, Poison Point isn't any good ability. Instead, run Quick Feet, because you can absorb status, and on top of that boost your speed.

Wartortle:
A decent set. However, having a wartortle without toxic can be annoying. I suggest running Toxic over Ice Beam, as Wartortle really isn't hurting the majority of Grass Types with any attack, especially the ones on the bulkier end.

Eelektross:
This has to be the Stupidest set I've ever seen. You are Choice Banded, with 2 Special Attacks. Mix-Tross is terrible, especially your set. Looking at your team, I suggest the Special Eelektross set. This means that it will have Leftovers, Max HP/SAtk, and have Thunderbolt / Volt Switch / Flamethrower / Giga Drain.

Fraxure:
One of the few Unevolved pokemon that I suggest no Eviolite on. It simply isn't worth it. Instead, run a Focus Sash on it, so that you are garunteed a chance for a Dragon Dance. Also, I don't see the point of taunt, as this thing isn't leading. Aqua Tail runs much more efficiently over it, especially for all around coverage.

Murkrow: Liepard / Skuntank
This Murkrow isn't benefiting your team in any way whatsoever. In fact, it is an absolute deadweight to this team. It's offenses aren't good, and it has lackluster defenses. Overall a terrible pokemon. What I have advised for you are two alternative Dark Types. Pivot liepard is first, with Max Atk and Spd. It will carry Black Glasses / Dread Plate / Leftovers, and will have the moveset of Sucker Punch / Pursuit / U-Turn / Encore. This will help you trap and lock pokemon into moves they wouldn't have wanted. Skuntank is your second option, which is the standard pursuit trapper.

What Your Team Looks Like After Changes:

Golurk @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 248 HP / 8 Spd
Adamant Nature
- DynamicPunch
- Ice Punch
- Stealth Rock
- Shadow Punch/Earthquake
Jolly Nature
- Megahorn
- Earthquake/Rock Slide/Aqua Tail
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Rapid Spin
- Haze
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Giga Drain
- Flamethrower
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Aqua Tail
- Superpower
Jolly Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- U-turn
- Encore

-OR-

Skuntank @ Black Sludge
Trait: Aftermath/Stench
EVs: 252 Atk / 172 HP / 84 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Taunt
- Poison Jab

Hope I helped!

Golurk:
I suggest giving it 248 HP, 252 Atk, and 8 Spd, because you can potentially outspeed other non-invested Golurks/Leads. I also suggest putting Drain Punch over either Earthquake or Shadow Punch, as Golurk can be kept around for longer, and it definitely gives you more coverage in the long run.

Scolipede:
This scolipede is pointless..You gave it 252 Atk, but you are running Sludge Bomb, a SPECIAL MOVE. This is a terrible flaw, especially with it's dreadfully low Special Attack. Instead, run either Earthquake, Rock Slide, or Aqua Tail over it. Also, Poison Point isn't any good ability. Instead, run Quick Feet, because you can absorb status, and on top of that boost your speed.

Wartortle:
A decent set. However, having a wartortle without toxic can be annoying. I suggest running Toxic over Ice Beam, as Wartortle really isn't hurting the majority of Grass Types with any attack, especially the ones on the bulkier end.

Eelektross:
This has to be the Stupidest set I've ever seen. You are Choice Banded, with 2 Special Attacks. Mix-Tross is terrible, especially your set. Looking at your team, I suggest the Special Eelektross set. This means that it will have Leftovers, Max HP/SAtk, and have Thunderbolt / Volt Switch / Flamethrower / Giga Drain.

Fraxure:
One of the few Unevolved pokemon that I suggest no Eviolite on. It simply isn't worth it. Instead, run a Focus Sash on it, so that you are garunteed a chance for a Dragon Dance. Also, I don't see the point of taunt, as this thing isn't leading. Aqua Tail runs much more efficiently over it, especially for all around coverage.

Murkrow: Liepard / Skuntank
This Murkrow isn't benefiting your team in any way whatsoever. In fact, it is an absolute deadweight to this team. It's offenses aren't good, and it has lackluster defenses. Overall a terrible pokemon. What I have advised for you are two alternative Dark Types. Pivot liepard is first, with Max Atk and Spd. It will carry Black Glasses / Dread Plate / Leftovers, and will have the moveset of Sucker Punch / Pursuit / U-Turn / Encore. This will help you trap and lock pokemon into moves they wouldn't have wanted. Skuntank is your second option, which is the standard pursuit trapper.

What Your Team Looks Like After Changes:

Golurk @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 248 HP / 8 Spd
Adamant Nature
- DynamicPunch
- Ice Punch
- Stealth Rock
- Shadow Punch/Earthquake
Jolly Nature
- Megahorn
- Earthquake/Rock Slide/Aqua Tail
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Rapid Spin
- Haze
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Giga Drain
- Flamethrower
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Aqua Tail
- Superpower
Jolly Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- U-turn
- Encore

-OR-

Skuntank @ Black Sludge
Trait: Aftermath/Stench
EVs: 252 Atk / 172 HP / 84 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Taunt
- Poison Jab

Hope I helped!

You helpe out a lot bruhh!, ill be running this when i get home, im thinking of getting a braviary in there - which of these would best be replaced with braviary?

Or in the case of getting a braviary into the team, would you suggest changing a scond pokemon in the process or can i just swap a braviary with one of these?

That Liepard sounds really good to me.

Some of the things he said were ok, but a few points I want to bring up:

Golurk needs Earthquake. Perfect coverage between Dynamic/Drain Punch and Shadiw Punch doesn't mean much when SP has 60 power, though the moves you use are usually just based on preference.

Fraxure can use Eviolite. I have no idea why he's using Sash. With base 66/70/50 defenses, univested, with Eviolite, his defenses become 273/264/204, more then enough reason.

No to that Liepard. If you want an offensive one, use Sub Encore Nasty Plot and Dark Pulse, a set i've tried myself and seen in a lot of great RMTs. This will also help by giving you a special attacker.

Golurk needs Earthquake. Perfect coverage between Dynamic/Drain Punch and Shadiw Punch doesn't mean much when SP has 60 power, though the moves you use are usually just based on preference.

Fraxure can use Eviolite. I have no idea why he's using Sash. With base 66/70/50 defenses, univested, with Eviolite, his defenses become 273/264/204, more then enough reason.

No to that Liepard. If you want an offensive one, use Sub Encore Nasty Plot and Dark Pulse, a set i've tried myself and seen in a lot of great RMTs. This will also help by giving you a special attacker.
I dont think ill be using Dynamic Punch either - because its only very useful when you have no guard up right?

I think ill be trying out the success rate of the eviolite and sash fraxure, good news about sash is that i can survive one ice beam / ice punch, but keeping up with other pokemon without a good stab against frax using eviolite is really useful too.

I think the U turn seves as a way to safely switch out when youve already predicted the opponents next move, but the sub sounds amazing too, as i can abuse the sub against ailment users.

Ill be trying both out and update this RMT as soon as im done with it.

PS. if i were to put a Braviary in this team, which one would be the most efficient to replace?

if i were to put a Braviary in this team, which one would be the most efficient to replace?
Wartortle. You don't need to spin if what i'm guessing a SubBU Braviary is your only rock weak poke. Spikes stacking teams are always annoying, but Wartortle is so bad yet people consider it the 2nd best NU spinner, which proves the point about bad spinners.

Wartortle. You don't need to spin if what i'm guessing a SubBU Braviary is your only rock weak poke. Spikes stacking teams are always annoying, but Wartortle is so bad yet people consider it the 2nd best NU spinner, which proves the point about bad spinners.
Yep it is pretty pathetic, but haze on the other hand, it serves two purposes - rapid spin and Haze - who else could i put the Haze on? i dont know exactly.

Stat stackers usually dont see haze coming. maybe because i havent danced with a pro yet. :/

Edit:

My head hurts when people stack/baton pass curse/quiver/etc then use rest - thats when i switch in this little guy to render those stacks useless. (case to case usually.)

Golurk I do agree. EQ is probably more needed than SP.

Fraxure will get wrecked by every Ice Beam in town, regardless of Eviolite. Focus sash at the very least garuntees a dragon dance, which is far more reasonable.

Now this is where im mad. That is the best Liepard set in the metagame. It is an amazing pivot. On top of that, you have a +1 Encore, which means it isn't possible to stop getting locked into setup, regardless of what you do. Pursuit and Sucker Punch finish it off. It's an amazing set, and it is downright threatening. I don't know what you are talking about. If you want a great RMT with that example, heres one.
http://www.smogon.com/smog/issue29/nu_spotlight_rmt
The fact that it made it onto the SMOG and Nu Spotlight means you are being deliberately stupid and ignorant. Try it before you dirt it.

Did I trash it as a set? No. I said that with the idea the set would not work on this team. I'm not the best at NU, but I know what i'm doing in general. The fact that got in the Smog means absolutely nothing, seeing as they put in RMTs they think are good, that does not neccesarily mean the sets in them work on every team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)