SPOILERS! Pokemon Sun and Moon Demo Discussion

Has anyone else brought up that, in the bag, the slot for TMs doesn't say "TM & HMs", but just "TMs."

Finally confirmed HMs are a thing of the past?

Guess it would make sense with the Poke Ride feature, but I'm curous what's gonna happen to Surf, since it's still a good move
Surf is still in the game since we saw Wishiwashi use it in a battle iirc and Rock Smash is still in the game since a trainer with a Pikipek spams it in the demo. If I had to take a wild guess, they will all turn into TMs.

Also, I really, REALLY loved riding around on the Tauros, it felt really MEATY to smash those rocks with it.

As an aside to this - I hope we can somehow choose to wear the riding gear all the time once we get access to customisation. Really digging that outfit.

Edit: Related to Mencee's comment above, I wonder if Wishiwashi will be the first mon to learn Surf naturally then?

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Also, I really, REALLY loved riding around on the Tauros, it felt really MEATY to smash those rocks with it.
Oh, so much this. Especially compared to the Rhyhorn in XY, which moved slower than walking pace, and had to stop to smash boulders. Tauros just runs through them like nobody's business. Tauros is a little sluggish, but great when it comes up to speed, versus Rhyhorn which simply is sluggish all the time.

Oh, so much this. Especially compared to the Rhyhorn in XY, which moved slower than walking pace, and had to stop to smash boulders. Tauros just runs through them like nobody's business. Tauros is a little sluggish, but great when it comes up to speed, versus Rhyhorn which simply is sluggish all the time.
Well, it's a Tauros and you are comparing it to a Rhyhorn. Makes sense considering their base Speed stats :P

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I like the way Z-Moves work. It won't necessarily be a one-shot move unless you use the strongest moves in the game, so it adds an interesting balancing element for the early parts of the game. Also does Battle Bond power up Water Shuriken before the transformarion? I know it became a special move, but it felt unusually powerful even before becoming Ash-Greninja.

it felt stronger because it now runs of greninja's higher attacking stat it's sp.atk instead of attack.

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
Did anyone notice there's a joke with the Slowpoke blockade to the south? I have it hidden in case anyone wants to check it out for themselves. (Talk to them from left to right.)
Slo.
Hooww.
Nooo.
Uhhhh.
Poke.

Slohow- no, uh... poke.

Who has to think about what their own name is? :P

Question for demo players: Has anyone fought an Alolan Dugtrio? If so, what moves have you used? I'm wondering if using Aerial Ace, Night Slash or Iron Tail might give us a clue of what typing it is.

Question for demo players: Has anyone fought an Alolan Dugtrio? If so, what moves have you used? I'm wondering if using Aerial Ace, Night Slash or Iron Tail might give us a clue of what typing it is.
Alolan Dugtrio is not in the demo, you can only see it in the overworld

I think someone was able to hack it into battle but the game just crashes once it tries to do something
He said he used the overworld model and used it to replace Pikachu's

So it is just a Pikachu, with Pikachu moves and stats, but that looks like a Dugtrio

Not sure if this was mentioned, but has anybody else seen why the "effectivity" of moves isn't there for every battle? I've seen it in the Jangmo-o, but not Hakamo-on wild battles. Seems weird.

Not sure if this was mentioned, but has anybody else seen why the "effectivity" of moves isn't there for every battle? I've seen it in the Jangmo-o, but not Hakamo-on wild battles. Seems weird.
Only appears after you have battle a Pokémon at least once

Edit: Ash-Greninjad

I have a question: How do you trigger Dugtrio's event? I have been resetting for a while now and the old guy is not on the beach
Also want to know it.

Btw, I find it a cool detail that Ash-Greninja takes the Shuriken from its back instead of creating it with its hand after transforming.

One thing I noticed that no one seemed to have mentioned is that there's a person in front of what appears to be a clothing store that mentions someone named Kahili. She states that Kahili is a golfing genius from Alola that is also quite strong in pokemon battles before stating that she's off conquering the world and hopes she returns someday.

I reckon Kahili is the champion then?

Even though I knew going into the demo that I couldn't use the Dpad to move I still found it kinda weird. I like that you can pirouette and stumble. Fun little extra touches. The poses the trainers make during their defeat dialogue were fun too. Ten Carat Hill's music is nice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)