Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 48 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, everyone! I am currently planning my next giveaways in the giveaway forum, I have a question I wanted to ask, do you guys prefer EV-trained or non EV-trained Pokemons?

And will you be picky in gender?
Personally, I prefer non EV-trained. It's easier to EV train a fresh Pokemon than to reset EVs then train. As for gender, rarer genders are always preferred but usually won't be a make or break point. If no rarer gender exists, female is usually preferred since females pass down HAs more often than males.

I'm looking for a 5 star Rare Kitchen. I currently have a 2 star Treasure Hunt as my first facility (for Bottle Cap farming). I can offer Pokerus if needed.

So Sun/Moon's breeding RNG is messed up and will keep outputting Pokemon with the exact same IV spreads, even if you soft reset.

For example, right now I'm currently trying to breed a 5IV Magikarp. I saved in front of the girl and hatched the egg. It didn't have a favorable spread, so I reset. Every time after this, when I continue the game, I ditch that first egg and run around and collect additional eggs. The next egg I get has the exact same IV spread (confirmed with the Judge) EVERY TIME, and the egg after that also has the exact same spread. Genders are still random though.

Does anyone know how to get this to randomize the IV spreads?
You must be doing something wrong because I got different eggs both time.

Here was my method

Save in front of the girl, get the girl

Hatched, checked IVs, I got Male Snow Cloak 31/31/31/31/x/31

Reset, ditch that egg, get a new one

Hatched, checked Ivs, I got Female Snow Cloak 31/31/31/31/x/x

Can someone tell me if my math is correct here? So on any given legendary, three stats are 31 IVs. And there are 6C3 (20) combinations of any three 31s. And for HP Fire, if three stats are 31, then since there are only two combinations of 3 31s that allow HP to be fire (HP Atk Spd) (HP Def Spd), there is a 1/10 chance of a legendary having HP fire. Then if I want synchronize to work as well, that is 1/2, so the chance of me getting THE CONDITIONS NECESSARY for a synched HP fire should be 1/10 x 1/2 which is 1/20 right? Then plus RNG for the other IVs and whatever. Or am I insane?

Also, HP and Special Defense HAVE to be 31 right?

Last edited:
Looking for Power Items and Destiny Knot. I can offer special ball Pokemon, such as:
Nest Ball Chikorita
Luxury Ball Cyndaquil
Great Ball Totodile
Friend Ball Snivy
Luxury Ball Tepig
Dive Ball Oshawott
Moon Ball Deino
Moon/Friend/Love Ball Eevee
Moon/Love Ball Feebas

PM me if you wanna help me. I also have PKRS.

You must be doing something wrong because I got different eggs both time.

Here was my method

Save in front of the girl, get the girl

Hatched, checked IVs, I got Male Snow Cloak 31/31/31/31/x/31

Reset, ditch that egg, get a new one

Hatched, checked Ivs, I got Female Snow Cloak 31/31/31/31/x/x
You need to ditch the egg in both cases. If i'm reading your post right, you save when the girl has an egg. You grab that first egg, hatch it, check IVs, and reset. The next time, you ditch that egg and hatch the next one.

Assuming this is what you did, then yeah it is incredibly likely that you'll get a different IV spread; you're getting the first and second egg of the seeded IV spreads. What you need to do is ditch the first egg, hatch the second, reset, ditch the first egg, hatch the second, and then compare the IVs of both seconds.

Is it possible to get 5IV+ Dittos through SOS-Chaining? I know that the mechanic itself caps out at 4 perfect IVs, but I was wondering if it's possible to get a 5IV or 6IV Ditto just from lucky rolls on the 2 random values; haven't seen anyone confirm or deny it yet.

You need to ditch the egg in both cases. If i'm reading your post right, you save when the girl has an egg. You grab that first egg, hatch it, check IVs, and reset. The next time, you ditch that egg and hatch the next one.

Assuming this is what you did, then yeah it is incredibly likely that you'll get a different IV spread; you're getting the first and second egg of the seeded IV spreads. What you need to do is ditch the first egg, hatch the second, reset, ditch the first egg, hatch the second, and then compare the IVs of both seconds.
Method: Saved in front of Nursery girl, ditched first egg, hatched second egg
Zubat (M) - 31/31/31/xx/31/31
Reset, ditched first egg, hatched second egg

Raised them both to lvl 20 out of curiousity holding an Everstone and both times they had the exact same stats 52/31/25/18/27/33. What does this mean btw? xD

Thanks for the reply. :)

But the next question is "Does everyone here prefer apricorn balls or Beast Balls?". Beast Balls only have a catch rate of 0.1 but apricorn balls are once-per-game item?

And is anyone here picky about genders?

Back in my days in another Pokemon community, everyone is picky there. :(

They are picky in genders, balls, EVs, IVs, etc. Glad to see nice people here. :)

I have already prepared my Dusk Stone Giveaway, which is in Beast Ball and has no time to EV-trained because it is scheduled to be in two days later. :(
I personally prefer a pokeball that looks cool on the pokemon, but if it's a regular one it's absolutely not a deal breaker to me.

Gender and IVs also have a limited importance. If someone is so kind to host a giveaway, but the pokemon doesn't have every single thing someone is looking for, the person who receives it (again, for free) can just grab a copy of it, put a little effort into it, and keep breeding it himself.

In short, just make the pokemon however you like it :)

Is it possible to get 5IV+ Dittos through SOS-Chaining? I know that the mechanic itself caps out at 4 perfect IVs, but I was wondering if it's possible to get a 5IV or 6IV Ditto just from lucky rolls on the 2 random values; haven't seen anyone confirm or deny it yet.
It is possible but it will require insane amount of luck and plenty of patience. You are better off getting two 4 iv dittos that cover all 6 stats.

zero2exe

Veteran Breeder - Expert Translator
is a Contributor Alumnus
Method: Saved in front of Nursery girl, ditched first egg, hatched second egg
Reset, ditched first egg, hatched second egg

Raised them both to lvl 20 out of curiousity holding an Everstone and both times they had the exact same stats 52/31/25/18/27/33. What does this mean btw? xD
It means that the inheritance spreads for the parents you use are already determined beforehand. The amount of predetermined eggs by the game goes as far as a full box and even beyond according to some people testing this on 4chan.

anyone with an foreign laguage game that can breed me an 5 iv beastball gible? I give you the parents you need which you cna keep
still need this come on no one who cna help me? you get 2 5 iv parents for free and 2 bottlecaps or whatever you want im getting desperate

yes its possible the odds should be 1 in 16

even 6 iv is possible then the odds should be 1 in 64 but those are the odds past the 30 chain where 4 ivs are guaranteed.

Last edited:
Anyone with a careful celesteela for trade? I've got Jolly or adamant kartanas FT, or a fair amount of different breedjects:

-Ha bold dive ball mareanie w/ haze
-Ha jolly beast ball gible w/ outrage
-Ha timid dive ball a-vulpix w/ freeze dry, moonblast, hypnosis
-Jolly Mimikyu (can breed adamant too)
-Adamant Bagon
-Adamant Beldum
-Adamant litten w/ fake out, nasty plot, heatwave
-Adamant lightning rod cubone
-Adamant technician scyther
-Jolly riolu
-Calm or modest turtonator (2Ivs only though)

Also looking for 5 lucky eggs, please PM if interested
bump

Keep or toss:

Nihilego timid 31/31/13/31/31/31
Unfortunately, it has hp dark. Is hp ice duty for it? Def could be adjust by the super training

Keep or toss:

Nihilego timid 31/31/13/31/31/31
Unfortunately, it has hp dark. Is hp ice duty for it? Def could be adjust by the super training
I would keep but like someone else said if youre just gonna use hyper training why even bother to reset for good ivs?

I sort of asked this before, but I'll do it with less probability math so maybe someone will answer lol.

Am I right that for a legendary to have HP Fire, because of the even and odd IV values necessary, that HP and Special Defense both have to be 31, and that Speed and Special Attack cannot be 31?

Sondero

Don't you dare say you'd rather lose!
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
I sort of asked this before, but I'll do it with less probability math so maybe someone will answer lol.

Am I right that for a legendary to have HP Fire, because of the even and odd IV values necessary, that HP and Special Defense both have to be 31, and that Speed and Special Attack cannot be 31?
Yes, HP, Defense and Special Defense has to be 31, but the Attack, Special Attack and Speed IVs need to be even numbers, not just less than 31.

e1: while I'm on the subject, there are other IV spreads that give Hidden Power fire, but those require 4 or more Even IVs, which is impossible on Legendaries in gen 6-7, since 3 of the IVs are guaranteed to be 31.

e2: Apparently, an IV spread like 31/31/even/even/31/even will also give hidden power fire. So the Defense IV doesn't need to be 31, but then the attack IV has to be that.

Last edited:
Yes, HP, Defense and Special Defense has to be 31, but the Attack, Special Attack and Speed IVs need to be even numbers, not just less than 31.

e1: while I'm on the subject, there are other IV spreads that give Hidden Power fire, but those require 4 or more Even IVs, which is impossible on Legendaries in gen 6-7, since 3 of the IVs are guaranteed to be 31.

e2: Apparently, an IV spread like 31/31/even/even/31/even will also give hidden power fire. So the Defense IV doesn't need to be 31, but then the attack IV has to be that.
Yes, thanks, in my previous post I posited that my only options were HP, Atk, Spd or HP, Def, Spd, so I have a 1/10 chance of getting those conditions necessary for HP Fire, and then the rest is up to RNG. I was just checking that I can reset safely if I see HP or Spd not 31 when I look at the stats, and if I see that Spe or Sp Atk are 31 I can do the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 19)