The Smogon "Suspect Test" Ladder is in full effect!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Great Sage

Banned deucer.
It'll be interesting to see how teams change in a few weeks.

BTW, Jump, I AM NOT A LUCKY NOOB I AM A NOOB WITH AVERAGE LUCK. :(

dunno, I never really had any problems with garchomp. it's just one less threat other teams have to prepare for, meaning that they can prepare to the threats on my teams more readily D=

so I'm kinda sad to see garchomp go if anything.

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Wow, I'm trying to build a team and I still can't get over impulsively putting Ice Beam on everything. Can't wait to see what happens in terms of "centralization" and the like.

So, what is this rating to shoot for? Because I don't really try all that hard on Ladder and end up with a CRE of around 1300. Not to mention it might take awhile for players to figure out the Garchompless game. Wouldn't it be unfair to punish those who take longer to adapt?

I didn't have a LOT of trouble with Garchomp; I guess I was always prepared for him and haven't been playing many high level matches.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This time it will work because only those whose ratings are high enough will get a say. Seriously, the "work is play" corollary is not by accident—is it really asking that much to play a game to have a say in how it should be played?
Good point. Hopefully enough players will have that will and altruism. Many do see it as a game after all, but I agree with you 100% that to have a say they should contribute.

Wow, I'm trying to build a team and I still can't get over impulsively putting Ice Beam on everything. Can't wait to see what happens in terms of "centralization" and the like.
Same, I can't wait to try this out on the ladder tonight though, this is a great move guys, thanks.

Wow, I hate this new metagame. It really sucks... Stall Stall Stall... Now I have to revamp and make a completely new team. Thanks guys!

Venom

red eyes no visine
is a Team Rater Alumnus
I was on roll, but KD24 stopped me, noob.

Anyway I think this is a great ladder, I mean, Garchomp is banned!

goddamn computer wont support shoddy. poop, now I have to wait before I can vote to put garchomp back on. I'm with erik on this one.

Venom

red eyes no visine
is a Team Rater Alumnus
Why wouldn't be? I for one hate to lose to some gay ass hax, ex. Ice Missed!, and the fact that it has no counters, yeah =\

noob venom lost to me hehe (my streak was at 16 until i lost to great sage 1-0). I mention this only because of venoms awesome new sig!

I have to say Im loving this stall but personally I dont really see anyone rejoicing chomp is gone :/

So my question is, Does everyone begin to turn on stall teams just like they turned on Garchomp? ie: Stall is so bad, Stall is like impossible to take down, ect.

wow lol. garchomp has never given me issues. I mean, I've lost some key matches due to sand veil, but that's not enough to take a whole pokemon and put it into ubers, is it? I mean, I've prolly lost more matches to lucario hp ices missing gliscor than anything missing garchomp. on that note:

DOWN WITH GLISCOR!!

obviously I'm joking

jrrrrrrr

wubwubwub
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
oh my god i am so happy to finally play without that piece of crap garchomp ruining every match.

now i just have to make a team without garchomp....

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I love this ladder. 12 wins and 0 losses with LonelyNess drooling over each and every passing game that I win.

Too bad Garchomp returns tommorow in the Smogon tour.

Glad to see this up, I'll do my part and hopefully be able to vote. I hope people get involved in this before deciding whether they want chomp banned or not.

A question though, is it possible that yache berry will be banned on Garchomp on the suspect ladder if Garchomp isn't decisively banned after this month?

I'm glad Garchomps gone, but things seem a little wierd...i don't really know how to explain it.

Atleast this will solve the argument of when garchomps gone another dragon/poke is gonna take over.

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hopefully while this new metagame is running, everyone won't be trying to find every opportunity possible to debate and whine about Garchomp.

Good job with the new ladder, I'm waiting for the no SR one in particular...

nice one bringing on that ladder... I'll try using a Stall Team.. ( nothing to do with Chomp though )..

edit: omg.. got haxxed three times now.. air slash flinch rate 100% ? <_<

This is one small step in the direction of this place getting legitimacy again, for doing actual testing and thinking about how the metagame goes together, rather than just collecting statistics and making pseudo-random decisions.

Then again I think you're one of the only guys here I remember from those days, Jump. Keep it up, you rule. I'll be joining you on that ladder as soon as I have time.

chaos

is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
Owner
Then again I think you're one of the only guys here I remember from those days, Jump. Keep it up, you rule. I'll be joining you on that ladder as soon as I have time.
The alternate ladder was my idea, but okay. In fact, I don't really agree with anything you have to say... "getting legitimacy again...?"

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
In the few (~10) matches I've been able to play, I've noticed that without having to dedicate 3 of my team members to "countering" Garchomp, I've been much more able to tweak the movesets and EV spreads of my team (without changing a single pokemon) to deal with at least three other threats more effectively.

Though I found myself in an odd situation earlier, when I was in two ladder matches at once for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)