The XY Ubers Replays of Excellence Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pokebankubersbeta-71713656

A pretty solid match against fuck off breloom (don't think it's a problem revealing who he is, considering he told me on turn 1 lol) Chansey putting in work, a tiny bit of hax at the end but overall one of my better battles using the lando-t team I was planning to ladder with.

edit: ignore random stupid comments made by me in chatz plz. :( I can't think for shit at 4am in the morn.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pokebankubersbeta-72158550
Good match between polop and me. We had some interesting and arguably questionable plays by me (blame my happiness). But it ended up being a good game that showed how you're never over til its over, and how grass arc and zekrom are some really deadly mons when used correctly (would've won really easily if I didn't sack zekrom, but I wanted to get in groudon since I knew once kyogre goes down zekrom has no real switch in opportunities).

I did enjoy the battle but sacking Zekrom was really questionable... It raped polop's team pretty hard.

yeah I have to admit that was a really bad play, I was thinking he was gonna perish song stall Ho-Oh, as if rockceus goes down it will be a threat and it was with zekrom and arc grass, but it didn't turn out like I planned. Still it turned out great in the end and groudon still had a huge advantage against his team once it gets in since his only ground immunity was normal gengar.

Haruno

Pretty nice match though not attempting to WoW with grassy against scizor hurt you quite abit in the long run since you really had no reason not to since the majority of polop's mons hate a burn. Zekrom sack was pretty dumb as hack pointed out. Overall still a very enjoyable battle. Happy Midas is still a Bad midas jkjk ily

Haruno I know my match was oddly interesting in my choices, but that wasn't my fault you know I don't have Will-o-Wisp. Also can everyone VM with there questions about the match, I presume any more will start to mess with the threads purpose. And even if it doesn't I would like answering that way.

sick po ladder (i am bondman)

1. Start of turn 21
  2. Heatran used Dragon Pulse!
  3. It's super effective!
  4. The foe's Zekrom lost 53% of its health!
  5. The foe's Zekrom fainted!
  6. Heatran is hurt by its Life Orb!

7. [SR]Goomy: how the?
  8. bondman: ?
  9. bondman: i am scarf
  10. [SR]Goomy: oh yeah web
  11. [SR]Goomy: also that heatran isn't scarfed
  12. bondman: yeah it is dude
  13. bondman: are yu stupid
  14. [SR]Goomy: u just used fire blast the dragon pulse
  15. bondman: its po glitch
  16. bondman: if u swap items
  17. bondman: it jeep bot items (translation: it keeps both items; I was lagging :P)
  18. [SR]Goomy: u cheated then lol
  19. [SR]Goomy sent out Darkrai!
  20. Pointed stones dug into the foe's Darkrai!
  21. The foe's Darkrai became entangled in Sticky Web!
  22. The foe's Darkrai's Speed fell!

23. Start of turn 22
  24. Heatran used Dragon Pulse!
  25. The foe's Darkrai lost 48% of its health!
  26. Heatran is hurt by its Life Orb!

27. The foe's Darkrai used Dark Void!
  28. Heatran fell asleep!

29. Heatran has bad dreams!

30. Start of turn 23
  31. bondman called Heatran back!
  32. bondman sent out Thundurus!

33. The foe's Darkrai used Nasty Plot!
  34. The foe's Darkrai's Sp. Att. sharply rose!

35. Start of turn 24
  36. Thundurus used Volt Switch!
  37. The foe's Darkrai lost 39% of its health!
  38. The foe's Darkrai fainted!
  39. Thundurus is hurt by its Life Orb!
  40. bondman called Thundurus back!
  41. bondman sent out Yveltal!

42. Yveltal is radiating a Dark aura!

43. [SR]Goomy: dude forfeit that's cheating
  44. [SR]Goomy: or at least draw
  45. [SR]Goomy: or I'll report u to a mod
  46. [SR]Goomy sent out Xerneas!
  47. Pointed stones dug into the foe's Xerneas!
  48. The foe's Xerneas became entangled in Sticky Web!
  49. The foe's Xerneas's Speed fell!

50. The foe's Xerneas is radiating a Fairy aura!
  51. [SR]Goomy: forfeit. .
  52. bondman: am lag, sry
  53. [SR]Goomy: forfeit or draw
  54. bondman: ok draw next turn

55. Start of turn 25
  56. Yveltal used Taunt!
  57. The foe's Xerneas fell for the taunt!

58. The foe's Xerneas used Moonblast!
  59. It's super effective!
  60. bondman: i cant this turn
  61. Yveltal lost 315 HP! (80% of its health)
  62. Yveltal fainted!

63. Tie between [SR]Goomy and bondman!
  64. bondman: gg

after i drew for lols this happened: http://i.imgur.com/M8H7UwS.png (tohjo falls = main po channel)

[[his link: http://imgur.com/nVsPpEF]]

EDIT: http://i.imgur.com/wWvWBx8.png

Last edited:
Why sucker on ~turn 16 then o.o

A switch to Lando would suck either way, but you could 2hko his questionable aegi switch in:/

And you are obv faster than mix krom rite?

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-72967434

A really good replay that show stall is still a very viable playstyle. I am using a stall team with some underrated mon such as Stall Mewtwo, Grassceus and Wish+Seismic Toss Kanga. Wil-O-Miss miss like 4/6 times sucks though. Notice turn 35-37 is where I turned the match around since after Kyogre died, nothing on my opponent team can really threaten Stall Two.

A really good replay that show stall is still a very viable playstyle. I am using a stall team with some underrated mon such as Stall Mewtwo, Grassceus and Wish+Seismic Toss Kanga. Wil-O-Miss miss like 4/6 times sucks though. Notice turn 35-37 is where I turned the match around since after Kyogre died, nothing on my opponent team can really threaten Stall Two.
Hey Sammao, nice game GG. I'm sorry I didn't answer your comments when we were battling, I was playing on my phone.

Grassceus really gives this team trouble and Wish + Toxic Mega Khan was a nice surprise. But yeah, after Kyogre went down due to me overpredicting on your Mewtwo, I had no chance of a comeback.

Props to my Pokemon for skillfully dodging Will-o-Wisps XD

Haruno

More like nothing on your opps team (bar aegis) threatens grassy without WoW fucking you over. WoM is still the best move in game. Once aegis died the match essentially ended since grassy beats the rest of his team singlehandedly. That and groudon and zekrom were only able to do anything because of WoM well missing.

nice furai

>sdef groudon is there to sponge the initial hit from kyogre, he misplayed that
>why is he using xerneas, it should be zekrom to provide an actual water resist
>ew ice beam "predict", he should have thundered or surfed safely

GG tho

just remembered that Zekrom>Xerneas on that team to have an actual water resistance that doesn't power up Kyogre's attacks

Furai

we will become who we are meant to be
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I believe Level 56 forgot that Shadow Tag doesn't trap Ghost Type as otherwise he would have won.

I enjoyed the battle but I don't like the hostility. Battlers should follow common courtesy and sportsmanship.
which is why you don't get cocky and say "gg you're fucked" before the game is over

even if he did remember that a mindgame between aegislash and gar would start; gar cannot ohko aegislash and i could play around the dbond turns with kings shield and toxic. definitely not a sure win for me for sure, but still something.

tl;dr don't be an ass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)