Ticket to Dreamland

Don Honchkrorleone

Happy Qwilfish the nightmare
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
TICKET TO
DREAMLAND

Hi again, sweet community of Smogon! This is Don Honchkrorleone with another RMT, and my second NU one. I decided to take a break from NU for a while to dedicate myself more to the RU metagame during December, but the January tier shift of NU really caught my eye. No more Amoonguss, Cinccino, Emboar and Absol (to a lesser extent, Snover)? Sounds like a pretty good metagame! I wanted to try this new NU (I didn't abandon RU, though. I play both) with a new team. And while seaching for inspiration by witnessing randoms battling at PO, I watched a really strange MonoPsychic VS MonoSteel battle in Monotypes where the iron Pokemon all got swept by a single Musharna after his/her Bisharp got defeated. But it wasn't our everyday Calm Mind / Psychic / Moonlight / Heal Bell or Signal Beam fetus. It was a completey different set:

Musharna Analysis said:
A RestTalk set with Calm Mind and Stored Power is decent and can easily set up and destroy, but it's mostly inferior to Moonlight + Heal Bell.
Smogon said it was bad, but as with every set I use I had to do an empirical approach on it; after all it worked against a Monosteel that had Bronzong!!! BRONZONG!!! If that Musharna was good in Monotype, imagine in NU!!! The result of my test is on the hide tag below:

Well, the set worked. Needed support, but worked. The team became balance + Psychic Spam, an effective strategy in NU. And I really liked it. So folks, time to all you take a brief nap and have a nice time reading this RMT.

I saw this Musharna in PO while watching a Monotype battle. Despite the opponent's tam being strong, it got beaten by this once Genesect got defeated. It was so easy to set up that made me wonder if such set would be able in NU. But for such set work, I need remove a varietyof obstacles, the first being Dark-types. I obviously needed a Fighting-type, and Sawk was my first option.

Musharna and Sawk share a similar problem: Psychic-types. I needed something that could deal with them. I added DB Haunter because at first I thought it was the best pokemon for the Psychic elimination role, and because it was 3 AM and I was too tired to think on anything.

Haunter added. The team starts to take form. However I saw somewhere the words *Psychic Spam*. Basically one of your Psychic-type Pokemon keeps attaking till it becomes in KO range and then uses Destiny Bond, freeing the path for your other Pokemon (This isn't the true definition, but is for me). I added Scarf Gardevoir though, because I needed some sort of defense against weather. And her Destiny Bond was very fast, picking lots of fast Pokemon that threatened my team.

More than a half done, and the team has an odd but lovely shape. I needed a Stealth Rock user on my team because it would help Musharna and others get some important kills. I was gambling between Piloswine and Seismitoad for this spot, and I picked Seismitoad because a Water immunity would be nice on my team.

Now just one more member to be chosen!!! I realized that Regice would be a pain as many other special walls. Also I lacked priority. At first I thought it was redundant to have two Fighting-types, but I picked Gurdurr for some reason (Remember, I made this team 3 AM).

Ok, time to test it. The team did very well (except when it got swept by Ariados, but who never was?) I noticed a big Grass-type weakness. Leech Seed was extremely annoing and powerful Grass-types such as Exeggutor were worrisome. I changed Haunter for Sawsbuck to see if that helped.

And did help. Grass-types were no problem anymore, but Flying-types were massacring me. Thanks for a suggestion of my good friend WhiteDMist, I swapped Sawsbuck for Rotom-S as my revenge killer.

Rotom-S added a new vigor to this team :D But then my weakness changed to Psychic-types again. Either one of the two Fighting-types had to go, and I picked Gurdurr to go since Sawk is the engine of this team. My good friend WhiteDMist again suggested to replace Gurdurr with Pinsir.

Eating Psychic-types was nice, but Pinsir lacked any initial power, and Quick Attack was too weak, even after Moxie. Pinsir didn't suit me well, and I tried Skuntank on his place as my other very good friend Majestic Electric suggested.

Skuntank is nice but a bit meh. I don't like him on my team at all. He does poorly what he should do and is easy to predict. In a despair to find what could counter Psychic-type Pokemon, I tried even Scraggy.

But Scraggy only does that and nothing else. And my team was very slow to have two bulky sweepers. I decided to add Skuntank back, but with another set...

Nothing. Skuntank would be my final product if I wasn't almost swept by Liepard. I became interested on it and gave it a shot. WOW! This thing works like a champ!!!!

So team done, tests were excellent, and now may we proceed with the RMT ^^

THE TEAM:

~The Spanish Inquisition

Bert (Sawk) (M) @ Expert Belt
Trait: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
IVs: 0 SAtk
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake
- Taunt

After Emboar got promoted by unknown reasons [sic], Sawk became the premier Fighting-type Pokemon it was born to be. Sawk is responsible for breaking though Normal and Dark Pokemon troublesome for my team; as well as Steel, Rock and Ice that may be a pain sometimes. And while this team is based on another Pokemon with a complete different purpose and function, Sawk is my MVP. The fighting Smurf is responsible for over 70% of all my wins, and he usually carries 1-2 pokemon to the grave before he dies, not to mention how much enemies he cripples on switch-ins because of his dirty little secret. Close Combat is GOD, if even some things that resist are severely manhandled by it, imagine what doesn't! Ice Punch checks Altaria mainly, but also Drifblim, Golurk, Swoobat, Roselia, Tropius and Exeggutor. Earthquake, while redundant with Close Combat, hits Poison-types such as Muk, Garbodor, Arbok, Weezing and Haunter (SCREW THOSE TWO, I HAVE MOLD BREAKER!!!); and fire Pokemon such as Torkoal and Lampent, while also hitting for nice damage the ones like Frillish and Misdreavus, and some Psychic switch-ins. The 4th move is the star of the show. Few people know that Sawk has Taunt, and I use this for my advantage. There are somethings that Sawk can't kill immediately such as Regirock and Metang, and Taunt prevents them for spreading Thunder Wave / Toxic / Stealth Rock / etc. The rare Dwebble and Whirlipede, and other Spikers such as Garbodor and Roselia, also fall on this trap. Then they either attack or switch, but switch on what? Sawk destroys almost everything, and what it doesn't like Alomomola are shut down by Taunt. The item complements well this prank, as people ALWAYS, ALWAYS expect it to be either Choice Scarf or Choice Band, and seeing Sawk in team preview already creates a psychological terrorism in opponent's mind unless they're using Musharna. With Expert Belt, opponent will still think Sawk is choiced, and send something that resists one of its attacks. That happened once, Sawk destroyed Piloswine with CC, then opponent used Swoobat. Since I'm not (that) idiot, I knew it would use Calm Mind since it assumed Sawk was locked in Close Combat. Swoobat boosted, but Sawk used Ice Punch and killed the damn bat. The EVs I don't need to explain nor the ability I hope, and I picked Adamant for having a bigger chance of killing walls and deal as much damage as possible, although Jolly is missed sometimes as well as Stone Edge for Pinsir and Armaldo. This Sawk is perfect the way he is, and I'll have to disagree with any change, especially on the item. To hell with all you that say that Sawk is predictable (He actually is), you just don't use him to his fullest.

~The Supporter

Acnefrog (Seismitoad) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 200 HP / 56 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Earth Power
- Protect

Every main tier has a frog/toad. UBER WILL HAVE FROAKIE!!! OU has Politoed, UU is dating Toxicroak for a long time, RU owns Poliwrath and NU has the ugliest frog Pokemon of all, but by no means the least useful: Seismitoad!!! The amphibian Pokemon with a severe acne problem is back on another one RMT of mine, but now Seismitoad is different from the previous offensive beat it is under Rain. Seismitoad is possibly the best special Bulky Water in NU due to its marvelous typing and double immunity to two of the most common attacks in NU (although it's 4X weak to another common attack...), it can survive most special hits and more important, stops VoltTurn as long as the opposite Electric-type lacks Hidden Power Grass, which is true in most cases. Stealth Rock is a must in any team, and it makes Flying-Types less of a nuisance. Scald is an annoying move that can cause a burn even though it's Water-Type (Fuck Ice Burn), and it's useful against Golurk and Marowak. Earth Power is another nice STAB move that dents Electric-, Poison- and Steel-types such as Zebstrika, Stunfisk, Skuntank, Arbok, Probopass and Mawile. The fourth move is strange. Protect? Why the hell Protect? It has so many other options... Such as? Everything else the frog has adds nothing on my team style. Both Toxic and Knock Off ruins my momentum, especially Toxic since everything that switches-in Seismitoad is a Grass/Poison. Knock Off is situational move that can really screw me if I use it wrong. And it has 3 attacking options: Sludge Wave is weak, and without SpA investment can't even 2HKO Tangela. The same can be said about Drain Punch and Ice Punch without Atk investment. Protect helps me to scout, build up Status Orb damage, finish Weather sooner, and invites the opponent to a battle of wits. I don't remember why this EV spread is used rather than the standard 252/4/252. I think it was to survive something physical but I really don't remember why, but I know it has a Leftovers number. I think Seismitoad is the weakest link of this team, but he does his job so well...

I'M CURRENTLY TESTING METANG AND GOLEM ON SEISMITOAD'S PLACE. THANKS BOTH IUM AND MORNINGSUN ^^

~The Revenge Killer

You Spin Me 'Round (Rotom-Fan) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Air Slash
- Volt Switch
- Trick

Originally a Haunter (I MISS HIM), and then a Sawsbuck (I MISS THE FREEDOM ON SWITCHING INTO GRASS MOVES), a very good friend of mine suggested Rotom-S as my revenge killer. Previously this role was occupied by Gardevoir, but now I don't regret swapping a hot anthropomorphic creature for a mechanical appliance as my fastest Pokemon. This is a standard set, so I don't need to explain every little detail. Thunderbolt and Air Slash are nice STAB moves to have; the former hitting most Water- and Flying-types for super effective damage; while the latter deals with Grass-, Bug-, and Fighting-types. That means that things like Gorebyss, Mantine, Exeggutor, Tangela, Pinsir and Braviary will be a lot less annoying to this team. Volt Switch is to scout and keep the momentum. Trick cripples Eviolite users such as Piloswine (Piloswine users, why all of you almost always fall on this trap?) and Roselia, and some annoying walls such as Lickilicky and Audino. Everything on this set is self-explanatory, so nothing more to talk about it. Maybe its name, why Rotom-S? If it was Rotom-G, it would be cooler (G stands for Gust) or Rotom-T (T stands for Tempest). Enough of fanboy rants, let's move on!

I'M CURRENTLY TESTING BRAVIARY IN ROTOM-S' PLACE. THANKS, MORNINGSUN ^^

~The Annoying Uncompetitive Creature that needs to die before it lays eggs

Want to Rage Quit? (Liepard) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SDef / 168 Spd / 8 Def
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 SAtk
- Thunder Wave
-
Encore / Substitute
- Swagger
- Foul Play

Before introducing you to a creature whose name causes hatred in those that listen to it, let me tell a story about the spot it is currently in. In the first version of this team, There were two fighting Pokemon: Sawk and Gurdurr. The strategy was simple: Spam Fighting-type moves so both other Psychics would be able to attack freely. That worked till a certain moment when everybody I faced had 2-more Psychics. Some I was able to beat, while some others I wasn't. Then a good friend of mine suggested getting rid of one my Fighting-types for something that could handle better the mind Pokemon. This friend suggested Skuntank, which I named Corinthiano. Corinthiano acted nice, but somehow Skuntank didn't work as I expected. It was still slow, and ease to predict. I changed back to Gurdurr before another good friend suggested Severino the Pinsir. Pinsir also worked alright, but again I missed something. Sure, he could beat Exeggutor, but his Speed was middling, and his priority move was awful (Quick Attack). Not to mention that it couldn't defeat a variety of strong walls. Then I searched through the vault of Pokemon that could defeat Psychics and I found Mano the Scraggy. At first Scraggy was nice and all, but the lack of any kind of priority really hurts, and Scraggy was too slow for my team. Corinthiano the Skuntank came back with a different set, but again, his presence was... ugh. My team was slow, lacked priority to deal with Riolu, and was weak to Psychic even with Skuntank. There's where Liepard comes. After almost getting "swept" by it, I decided to give the ominous cat a chance. And fuck, this works. Liepard is an annoying creature with the most loathed set of NU. The cat is not here just to cover a spot though, it also has two functions which are kill Psychics and things with high Attack, and spread Paralysis. I won't explain because it's impossible that no one faced this set. If you never, I'll tell. Substitute protects Liepard against certain Pokemon he faces, although nowadays I'm running Encore and LOVING it. Thunder Wave provides paralysis support my team loves, and it has priority!!! Swagger raises the opponent's Attack, but also causes confusion. A simple ParaFusion strategy coupled with the nefarious Foul Play using the astronomical Attack stat of the opponent (after Swagger, and it does work even against a 0 Atk IVs foe if it's paralyzed and/or hits itself with due to confusion) against it. The EVs are the standard ones that I don't understand, but outspeeding Haunter and Sawsbuck is a nice thing. People consider Liepard to be uncompetitive, but as Machiavelli said, the purposes justify the means, and my purpose is to win.

~The Cleaner

Ghost Curses You (Haunter) (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 SAtk / 30 SDef / 2 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Destiny Bond

FLCL suggested Haunter to replace Gardevoir because I'm having some severe problems with Normal-types such as Zangoose and Linoone. I have this same Haunter before in this team, and I must say that I really missed him. Gardevoir, while pleasuring me with her appearance and way to deal with weather sweepers, was kindof a burden because of her low Speed. Shadow Ball and Sludge Bomb are STAB moves that hit hard things that don't resist it, and Hidden Power Ground catches Skuntank's switch-ins and Rock/Steels such as Probopass and Bastiodon. Destiny Bond is a path-opener, and let me remove things potentially dangerous to the team. Again, thanks, FLCL ^^

~The Fapable Material Special Wallbreaker

Hentai (Gardevoir) (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Trace
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Psychic / Psyshock
- Signal Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Destiny Bond

Gardevoir is a unique Pokemon in NU due to an amazing Special Attack, decent Speed, nice Special bulk and sheer beauty. This lustful Pokemon forms with Musharna a tactic called "Psychic Spam". Without Absol and a team that can handle Skuntank (and other Dark Pokemon), there are few things that can stop this kind of team, and my team's min goal is to remove these barriers; and once those barriers are broke, ZAPPO!!! Gardevoir fulfills multiple roles on my team; she's my cleaner, wallbreaker, weather counter, and a reason to play one-handed. Psychic is powerful and always leaves a dent on those pokemon with moderate Special Defense. I've been trying Psyshock lately to deal with Articuno and Lickilicky/Audino and now I'm unsure about which one to use. Signal Beam hits Psychic-types such as Musharna and Kadabra hard, and it also deals Cacturne, Shiftry, Liepard, Zweilous and Grass-types not part Poison. The third slot I prefer Thunderbolt because it will always kill Samurott, Mantine, Gorebyss, and in most cases Alomomola. I could use Hidden Power Ground to deal with Skuntank and Steel-types, but Skuntank nowadays are Specially Defensive, and HP Ground won't kill in one shot the Steel-type Pokemon. My team also has ways to deal with Steel-type Pokemon. And no, NO FOCUS MISS! I REFUSE TO USE FOCUS MISS! DON'T SUGGEST FOCUS MISS. I'M TRAUMATIZED WITH THAT CRAP!!! The last move is my favorite move of all. Destiny Bond adds sexiness to Gardevoir, and it also corners opponents. Will they kill Gardevoir and risk to lose their important Pokemon, or switch to something else, knowing that I may also attack or switch to something that may hurt their switch-in or make them switch again? Destiny Bond is also a panic button against slower sweepers and things I can't kill such as 100% Ludicolo in Rain, defensive CM Misdreavus, Bulk Up Braviary and more. The EVs are sweeper ones and Life Orb to deal as much damage as possible. Thunderbolt used to be Focus Miss, but nevermore :3

~The Unbreakable Sweeper

Big Baby (Musharna) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Synchronize
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spd
Bold Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Calm Mind
- Stored Power

The star of this show along Sawk, and the reason I built this team. Musharna is the proper definition of a tank. Excellent defensive stats coupled with a high Special Attack makes Musharna one of the most threatening Pokemon in th entire NU. There isn't a single, unboosted move that can kill Musharna. Musharna is probably the Pokemon that defines the NU tier since Absol left. Musharna's most famous set and preferred 80% of time is the Calm Mind + Moonlight and Heal Bell. I don't like that set. Yes, that supports the team and its tough to break, but it just doesn't fit in my taste. I like unusual yet effective things (Did anyone see the Hone Claws RestTalk Metang? It was me) that defines the border between a skilled player and a gimmicky noob, and I am possibly the second. Rest + Sleep Talk is potent on Musharna, because both Heal Bell and Moonlight are easy to drain out. Calm Mind is Musharna's signature move most of times. Musharna is the best bulky set-up sweeper of all NU probably. Stored Power, although weak at first, is amazing, especially because Musharna can set-up 1-2 Calm Minds on almost anything and then it becomes extremely powerful. By using RestTalk, and providing Scumbag Sleep Talk acts along the owner's wish on 66% of the time, Musharna can pass through some special walls such as Regice, Dragon Tail-less Lickilicky, non Phazing Altaria, and more with relative ease. Even ones that resist such as Probopass can't do nothing against Musharna, while Calm Mind just build up power for Stored Power. The EVs are the standard ones and Bold to keep it physically bulky while it calms its mind. I tested the Pivot and the common CM on this same team, but I just fell in love with RestTalk <3 This set is the soul of this team for sure, so it'll take a lot of rhetoric to make me consider to take it out ^^

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
So this is my team. Steal the team, love the team, hate the team, embrace the team, sniff the marble team, lick the marble team, wash the marble team, date the marble team, anything ^^ This is far more standard than what I often use, but its hidden jewels speak more than the other members of this team, and that makes me happy. Criticize constructively as much as you want, and give a Luvdisc if you loved or hated ^^
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Agent Dell - He is probably the most prideful NU battler, but few people can have that hubris with a reason to brag, and Dell can. He hates my unorthodox sets for some reason.
  • Ahhhhhh......Clefable. - My friend, too bad you're without internet where you currently are... Come back soon!
  • Chenkovsky - He needs no comment.
  • Demist - He helped me deciding the team name, cheered me up when I was sad about being swept by Ariados (Fuck Focus Energy), and lives in Lithuania. He's awesome!!!
  • Dr. Ciel - The person that not only provided me the pics for this RMT, but also supported me into making it
  • Flaresun - She helped me choosing the name, and she is such a valuable friend for me ^^
  • Governess - RPS!!! ^^ She helped me testing this team, so she deserves a shoutout ^^
  • Incon -One of the greatest players ad friend I ever battled and talked, I miss him a lot.
  • Magikarptwo - She didn't deserve to be here, but oh well :P
  • Majestic Electric - The hardest entry to write. I have no clue of what talking about my master in NU... I think just a thank you for now ^^
  • ssraditz94 - The reason I ever used Grotle and HC Metang in NU. Thank him for every crap you see in NU <3
  • Sweet Jesus - The gimmick man!!! Unlike mine, yours always work. He made me like physics again, which is a miracle!
  • WhiteDMist - Andy, you're amazing! I have tons of things to talk about you, but people are more interested on the team :P
  • Windsong - Windsong may have been my tutor in RU, but what he taught me I could easily apply in NU. Without what Windsong taught me I wouldn't peak that high with such gimmick. Thanks ^^
  • People that I don't talk often but play with me in NU is some occasions they knowing or not that it's me - People that I battle in NU often and I know who are sometimes such as Ashley11, Baloney, CBTerrakion, Elegy96, EonADS, EpicMawile, Fraxure, Jaws, JoshuaMunoz, Kayo, Louiss, Poliwhrlz, Puruuu, Raseri (he is cute), Uxsee, zelmenclock, etc
  • Anyone else that will rate it and/or give it a Luvdisc, and that plays NU ^^
Sawk @ Expert Belt
Trait: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
IVs: 0 SAtk
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake
- Taunt

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 200 HP / 252 SDef / 56 Def
Calm Nature
- Earth Power
- Scald
- Stealth Rock
- Protect

Rotom-Fan @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Air Slash
- Volt Switch
- Trick

Liepard @ Leftovers
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SDef / 168 Spd / 8 Def
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 SAtk
- Thunder Wave
- Encore
- Swagger
- Foul Play

Gardevoir @ Life Orb
Trait: Trace
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Signal Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Destiny Bond

Musharna @ Leftovers
Trait: Synchronize
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spd
Bold Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Calm Mind
- Stored Power

Don Honchkrorleone

And as a bonus, this team comes with a threatlist!!!

Before reading it, keep in mind some things. Don't depreciate it because this threat list took a lot of effort and time to make it, mainly because the official NU threat list is outdated. I had to clean up somethings, add some pokemon I thought it was worth (personal experience in battling and stalking, because no one uses RP Lairon nor SD Ludicolo much to my chagrin, and added SD Beartic and Mr. Mime because they have their niches and I faced them sometimes witg this team), and tried to find every set on on the ladder, some I was unable of such as Simi Trio and Frilish. I also put Offensive and Defensive to a lot of Pokemon, and Offensive may mean both LO and Choice Pokemon. Some Pokemon may have not all their Smogon sets here simply because they are on an analysis filling space only.

Offensive Threats
Altaria:

• Dragon Dance - Never let it set up. Sawk kills with Ice Punch and Liepard Foul Plays it, or paralysis, or encores Dragon Dance
  • Choice Specs - Never caused me trouble, usually I bring on something with nice Special Defense (Seismitoad and Gardevoir, but mostly seismitoad) to eat an attack and retaliate back. If Rocks are on the field, this gets even easier. Sawk also outspeeds and kill with Ice Punch.
  • Life Orb - Sawk outspeeds and kill with Ice Punch.
Ampharos:

• Offensive - Seismitoad, since 1 out of 10 I faced carried Hidden Power Grass. Sawk can EQ.
Arbok:

• Coil - Seismitoad resists Gunk Shot and is immune to Aqua Tail. No one used Seed Bomb against me at least. Gardevoir plays mind games with DB if it has Sucker Punch or just kill with Psychic.
Armaldo:
  • Swords Dance - Seismitoad keeps Scalding it. Sawk CCs to great damage. Liepard punishes ts own greed if it used Swords Dance.
Articuno:

• Offensive - Articuno is one of the most depreciated Pokemon in NU. He may be 4X weak to Stealth Rock, but the icy bird rapes my team like few Pokemon can. People must stop that bias and use it. Rotom can revenge killa weakened one, but if it has Sub I'm screwed. If it opts for Modest then I can sack her for killing this legendary Pokemon.
Basculin:

• Attacker: Seismitoad stops Choice Band if it locks in the wrong move. Rotom-S can revenge kill, but only if not weakened, because Aqua Jet can deal a lot. Liepard sprrd ties, although I'm jinxed and always lose it.
Beartic:

• All-out attacker - Sawk kills cold. Everything else tht is faster also leaves a big dent.
  • Swords Dance - Same as above, and more common. Add Liepard to the counter list.
Beheeyem:

• Nasty Plot - Kill it before it attacks. Between Signal Beam from Gardevoir, Volt Switch from Rotom-S and Foul Play from Liepard; and from its own Life Orb, its health can be drained quickly.
  • Offensive - Same as above, but health is drained quickier.
  • Trick Room - Never faced, so not sure on how I may fare.
Braviary:

• Choice Scarf - Prediction time!!! Nothing can come into Return, and most things hate U-Turn. Even Rotom-S has to be careful about Brave Bird. But Rotom can kill with Thunderbolt and Liepard can Thunder Wave. Seismitoad can handle some moves and Scald, hoping for a burn.
  • Choice Band - Noting can switch into (bar on Superpower), but it can be revenge killed easily.
  • Bulk Up - Ironically, the least dangerous of the three with my experience. Rotom sits there, spamming Thunderbolts. Gardevoir can push herself down and Destiny Bond on the needed hour.
Butterfree:

• Quiver Dance - Sawk Taunts, Ice Punches and Ice Punches again breaking the Sash. Rotom-S kills.
Cacturne:

• Swords Dance - The threat lies on the Sucker Punch, because if Dark Gem not even Sawk saves himself. Prediction games with Gardevoir and Liepard are what I often do, however.
Camerupt:

• Rock Polish - Seismitoad waters it down. Sometimes it carries HP Grass, but it continues to be kinda slow.
Carracosta:

• Shell Smash - Seismitoad is virtually immune and hits back with Scald. Sawk breaks it before it sets up, as Rotom with Volt Switch.
Charizard:

• Sunny Day - Rotom-S revenge kills, but THAT are the worrisome words. Normally it has to kill something in order to Rotom come and kill.
  • SubRoost - If lacking HP Grass, Seismitoad takes Air Slash nicely and retaliates back with Scald
  • Choice - On anything it locks, there is a counter ready for it. SR also punishes it
  • Physical - Never saw, but I guess that Rotom-S can still revenge kill.
Combusken:

• Special - Musharna sets up on. Seismitoad can come in Fire Blast and Earth Power or Scald
  • Swords Dance - Always bring Gardevoir on Swords Dance (1st turn). She'll Trace Speed Boost and kill the chicken
Ditto:

• Choice Scarf - Only worisome if it comes into a boosted Musharna. If not, my team counters itself well, so no room for Ditto
Dodrio:

• Choice - Never faced, but it must be on the same boat as Braviary, but without U-Turn and with Double-Edge
Dragonair:

• Dragon Dance - Sawk Taunts and Ice Punches / Close Combat. Liepard Foul Plays or just Thunder Wave. Rest variants are a dick, though
Drifblim:

• AcroBlimp - The trick about Drifblim is which spread he is running, whether the standard one or the Jolly max Speed. if it's the standard, and if I predict well, Sawk can Ice Punch and take a huge portion of its health on a switch-in, and atttack again. If it's the Jolly, then Drifblim will Acrobatics something and maybe kill, then use Destiny Bind and kill again while it's killed. Liepard can Thunder Wave if it's not behind a sub, though.
  • Calm Mind - Never had any trouble with these, because I generally Kill before it set up too many Calm Minds.
  • Flame Orb - Taken out quickly by its own Flame Orb, and Rotom-S revenge kills it.
Eelektross:

• Special Attacker - Kill it and kill fast, since it's very slow and lacks reliable recovery. Sawk can use EQ on it :3
  • Physical Attacker - Same as above, but now Seismitoad can fully check it too.
Electabuzz:

• Choice - It will always end up locked, unless it uses Volt Switch. In this case, unless it has HP Grass, Seismitoad walls and counters. Liepard paralyzes.
  • All-out attacker - Here we have the Life Orb / Eviolite / Air Balloon variants that Seismitoad can deal unless it lacks Hidden Power Gound. Most of times Sawk isn't KOed by a Thunderbolt and KOes back with Earthquake.
Electrode:

• Life Orb - Bah. Seismitoad, and Gardevoir too. Musharna can set up on it sometimes.
  • Rain Dance - Seismitoad.
  • Choice Specs - Seismitoad again. Electrics hate Seismitoad.
Exeggutor:

• Sunny Day - Gardevoir outspeeds, but for it come generally something has to die or eat a Sleep Powder.
  • Trick Room - Faced only one, and with Pinsir. It was hard, but TR faded and Gardevoir killed with Signal Beam.
  • Choice Specs - I have nothing to switch into a Grass-type move (Rotom-S is frailer than you think). It will always take something out then I revenge kill.
Flareon:

• Guts - Seismitoad kills, and it gets worn dowwn by its own status orb.
Floatzel:

• Choice Band - Seismitoad, but it doesn't like Switcheroo. Rotom-S revenge kills
  • Rain Sweeper - Never saw, but Seismitoad may wall unless it has HP Grass
  • Switcheroo + Flame Orb - Nothing on my team likes a Flame Orb, but what don't matter kill it fast.
Fraxure:

• Dragon Dance - Faced one so not many clues. Liepard used Foul Play and it died.
  • Choice Scarf - Never saw, so can't say for sure.
Gardevoir:

• Calm Mind -THUNDER WAVE + SWAGGER + FOUL PLAY LIEPARD HAHAHAHAHA or a DB from my own Gardevoir. Although she is the reason I wouldn't mind putting Encore on Liepard, it would be easier to deal especialy with the Sub variants.
  • Offensive -The eternal DB X WoW prediction warfare
  • Choice Scarf - Locks in the wrong move and it becomes fodder to something
Gigalith:

• Custap Berry - Sawk kills in one shot. Seismitoad also fares well against, especially with protect.
  • Choice Band - Sawk destroys. Never saw, though.
Glaceon:

• Choice Specs - Sawk outspeeds and kill. Gardevoir if weakened can use DB to take both down.
  • Choice Scarf - I never saw one against me, but I watched one in a random NU battle. I'd love to face one.
Golem:

• Utility - Sawk and Seismitoad
Golduck -

• Calm Mind - Rotom-S kills before it can sweep.
Golurk:

• Choice Band - Liepard kills. Also, Golurk always come into Sawk, and it always take a nifty predicted switch-in damage. ALWAYS. Then time to predict the move.
  • Stealth Rock - Above, but I HATE DynamicPunch because I have the luck of Odysseus
  • Substitute - Above
Gorebyss:

• Offensive Shell Smash - Since it's almost always a lead, Sawk taunts and then CC OR Sawk Taunts, Switch to Seismitoad, Protect and then Rotom-S. Never fails
  • Substitute + Shell Smash - Same as Above, but Substitute makes me predict more carefully
Gothorita

• Calm Mind - Unless it's Seismitoad, and asuming all are SJ's Gothorita (I saw 4. All of them were that model), my team doesn't mind at all. Even Sawk, but it dies like a martyr by taunting her and EQ hurts quite a lot.
Haunter:

• SubDisable - Sawk outsmart it and kill where it'd use Disable. Rotom-S Volt Switches to glory and Liepard has his Foul Play
  • Substitute + Pain Split - Never saw, but may be the same way as above
  • Destiny Bond - This thing is getting common. Good, because I love this set. Outsmart the Destiny Bond is the best way to defeat it (I can't say how because it relies on opponent's mind and how well I can read it)
  • Choice Scarf - Something always resist / isn't killed by his attack, so I use that at my advantage.
Huntail:

• Shell Smash - Never saw, but may be like how I deal with Gorebyss
Jumpluff:

• Swords Dance - I'm a huge SD Jumpluff fan. It's one of my favorite sets in all NU because it's too damn awesome!!! And it also demolishes my team!!! Musharna can come in a predicted Sleep Powder, the I use Rotom-S to scare it away. But somethimes it isn't possible :( If I'm using Encore on Liepard, it also works nice.
Kadabra:

• Encore - Kadabra is either kill or be killed. If he can't kill somethin utright he will pay. Seismitoad can take some hits and retaliare, and Rotom-S can travel around with Volt Switch.
Kangaskhan:

• SubPunch - This is a quite uncommon set and beating it requires prediction. I usually beat these things by setting up with Musharna
  • Life Orb - They are quite troublesome. Liepard dents the kangaroo, but she is very bulky and can survive a Foul Play.
  • Choice - Never saw, but a Double-Edge may demolish me
Klang:

• Shift Gear - Seismitoad eats, and Sawk prevent it from both settting up and living
Lapras:

• Special Attacker - Seismitoad can wear it down, and Rotom-S can Volt Switch to what may not be killed by it. Sawk destroys.
  • Physical - Means both Curse and DD. Gardevoir and Sawk can do an excellent job against, and they always do.
Lampent:

• Substitute + Pain Split - They think Sawk is locked, then come into EQ and suffer >:3 Seismitod and Liepard also deal with it very well. Gardevoir teaces Flash Fire, but has to worry about
  • Choice Specs - Seismitoad mostly, and Gardevoir too. Just a matter of prediction.
Leafeon:

• Swords Dance - Rotom-S outspeeds and kills with Air Slash. Liepard can Foul Play to do lots of damage.
Lickilicky:

• Swords Dance - Sawk, and Liepard Foul Play to nice damage. I'M NOT STUPID TO SWAGGER IT FYI
Linoone:

• Belly Drum - The danger lies if it uses RD. If it does, then it's GG. That's why I try to kill ALL Linoone I see before doing it. Gurdurr could deal with it :(
Ludicolo:

• Rain Dance - Gardevoir turns its own rain against him. Or I just prevent Rain Dance to be used at all by kiling it or using Taunt. Ludicolo isn't that much of a problem to my team unlike Ariados
Luxray:

• Guts - Seismitoad kills, and it's way too slow, so faster things such as Sawk, Gardevoir and Liepard deals with it.
  • Choice Scarf - Seismitoad deals even better, and if it locks in the wrong move it becomes Musharna's set-up bait (personal experience)
Magmar:

• Bulky Attacker - If no HP Grass, Seismitoad can come. Magmar and me share a "counters my team if I'm stupid" relationship, but I almost always win.
  • Offensive - Means for choice and LO. Hoping it has no HP Grass, Seismitoad can kill. Rotom-S causes bug damage with its STABs and can do a cycle. Choiced are dealt with prediction.
Mantine:

• Rain Dance - Gardevoir uses Thunderbolt with its own Swift Swim.
Marowak:

• Substitute - Seismitoad, and any strong attack really decimates.
  • Swords Dance - Same as above, and add Liepard to the group.
Masquerain:

• Quiver Dance - It goes Quiver Dance, but Sawk Taunts. Then I switch to Rotom and it dies for one of its STABs
Mawile:

• Swords Dance - Sawk kills and resists Sucker Punch. Too bad it can't come in Iron Head. I had no problem with it really. Liepard if using Encore can Encore a SD and Foul Play will do even more damage.
Miltank:
  • Offensive - Be it Curse or Moofensive, I always find a way to deal with it. Liepard can Foul Play the slowers or Thunder Wave the fasters. Rotom can Volt Switch like a mofo and Sawk can kill if slowed or paralyzed.
Misdreavus:

• Calm Mind - Calm Mind Misdreavus is annoying. Rotom-S Tricks her most of the time, and Liepard can Foul Play, but it is too damn annoying.
  • Nasty Plot - Kinda easier because her Special Defense won't go up. I just need to kill it before it sets up.
Mr. Mime:

• Offensive - Liepard, and this creepy thing dies soon.
Muk:

• Curse - Seismitoad, Sawk Taunts and EQ, Gardevoir kill with Psychic (She needs to be careful about Shadow Sneak, though)...
Musharna:

• Choice Specs - Prediction games. Whie I tend to lose to luck quite often win a prediction game. Musharna has 2 attacks to use aainst me: Psychic and Signal beam. I just need to see the situation around me and think carefully.
Piloswine:

• Tank - Sawk turns into bacon and Seismitoad often kills it. And Piloswine always, ALWAYS come into Rotom-S just to lose their Eviolite.
Pinsir:

• Choice Scarf - Make it lock on the wrong move. ALWAYS. It always works.
  • Swords Dance - Liepard Foul Plays it, Or just Encore in SD. And I am aware that Pinsir is loving Lum Berry nowadays (Courtesy of Mr. Dragon :P)
Raichu:

• Nasty Plot - Seismitoad if it lacks Grass Knot, Gardevoir if it lacks Hidden Power.
  • Choice Scarf - Same as above, but if it locks into Focus Blast Musharna can set up.
Rampardos:

• Offensive - Sawk. And attacking fast and hard (Liepard and Gardevoir). Scarf are a bt more dangerous but sometimes Seismitoad can come and kill.
  • Rock Polish - KILL IT BEFORE IT BOOSTS!!! If Liepard is alive Thunder Wave will cripple the bigheaded dino. Seismitoad also fares very well against.
  • Mixed - I REALLY wish to see one of these again. I never fought any, so I can't say what I do against.
Rapidash:

• Life Orb - Seismitoad puts an end to its fire. Die, damn horse.
  • Sunny Day - Gardevoir traces Flash Fire, and SolarBeam usually doesn't to that much.
  • Choice Band - Predict because there will always be something to come into one of Rainbow Dash's moves.
Regice:

• Rock Polish - I faced one with Gurdurr and other with Skuntank. Sawk can revenge kill since most of times he can survive a hit. When I use Encore on Liepard, it also works.
Relicanth:

• Choice Band - Fuck Head Smash. It's still slow and has bad Special Defense, so Rotom-S, Seismitoad and Gardevoir deal with him.
Roselia:

• Offensive Spiker - Sawk ruins with her fun so well the Smurf uses Taunt then Ice Punch to 2HKO. Gardevoir destroys if using Psyshock, and Musharna uses it to set up
Rotom-F:

• Choice Scarf - I have nothing that can take a Blizzard so kill it before it does anything is crucial. Liepard paralyzs most of times, and Seismitoad can do a nice job with Scald. And I can always count with Blizzard's accuracy (though it hits more than Rotom-S' Air Slash :/)
  • Substitute + Pain Split - I haven't seen one since Hail times. I want to see one :(
Rotom-S:

• Choice Scarf - Seismitoad. If it has HP Grass (almost never), it's easy to switch to something to take it then set up or KO.
Samurott:

• Swords Dance - Neither Gardevoir not Rotom-S die for Aqua Jet (There is the SR factor, but still). They kill back with Thunderbolt.
  • Special Attacker - Even better since it is mostly against Seismitoad. If thy Sub, the toad attacks. If I know they won't sub, Protect, them switch into something to take out the HP Grass and kill it.
Sawk:

• Choice Band - MUSHARNA MWAHAHAHAHA
  • Choice Scarf - MUSHARNA AGAIN MWAHAHAHAHAHA Rotom-S outspeeds and kills
Sawsbuck:

• Swords Dance - They don't like Liepard :P Rotom-S if still scarfed can destroy it with Air Slash
  • Choice - Hates Liepard even more, and they can't lock themselves in Nature Power nor Horn Leech
Seismitoad:

• Rain Dance - Seismitoad can do a nice job walling itself.
Serperior:

• Calm Mind -Liepard Encores this bitch then Sawk comes, or Liepard itself uses Thunder Wave. Rotom-S uses Air Slash till it dis from Flinching.
  • Coil - Rotom-S and Gardevoir, but especially Rotom-S
  • Swords Dance - Sme as above, and with Liepard to Encore and Foul Play
Shedinja:

• Swords Dance - Stealth Rock. Sawk doesn't die to anything and can kill with something, as can Liepard (Fuck X-Scissor) and Rotom-S
Shelgon:

• Dragon Dance - Liepard does a very nice job, and because it's weak from Special side Gardevoir can come and destroy
Shiftry:

• Swords Dance - Gardevoir plays mind games. I usually win. Liepard can Encore SD and even resisted Foul Play damage quite a lot.
  • Nasty Plot - Same as above, but without priority is even easier to deal.
  • Growth - Same method of the Swords Dance, but I start to imagine if it got Sucker Punch or Dark Pulse, but not that much troublesome.
Simipour:

• Nasty Plot - Never saw, so can't say for sure
  • Sub + Salac - Again, never saw, I want to see these things to sest :(
  • Choice Specs - THIS ONE I SAW!!! Seismitoad walled, but it then came back with Grass Knot :/ Rotom-S killed it.
Simisage:

• Nasty Plot - I NEVER SEE ANY OF THESE DAMN MONKEYS ;~;
  • Substitute - I saw one with Pinsir team. Pinsir killed, but at least someone was using it.
Simisear:

• Nasty Plot - Seriously, people never use these three pokemon. Why?
  • Choice Specs - I never saw a single Simisear, and I had over 200 battles with this team. Fuck, I saw Yamna.
Slaking:

• Choice Band - Taking advantage of the second turn, or Seismitoad simply uses Protect and makes opponent say FFFFFFFUUUUUUUU
Skuntank:

• Trapper - Here it comes, the sweet irony. Skuntank DOESN'T fuck this team as supposed. Sawk kills, Seismitoad kills, and even Gardevoir kills!!! The DB play is very welcome against it.
Stoutland:

• Choice Band - Saw just once by watching a match. Sawk is faster (maybe) and Liepard kills. Don't no, never saw.
Swanna:

• Rain Dance - Rotom-S, but Seismitoad has to do a stunt with Surf in Rain.
Swellow:

• Guts - Ok, people. Don't ask me how but although Normal-types can ravage through this team, Swellow often causes me next to no trouble. Don't ask me how, I don't know. Rotom-S kills and Seismitoad can survive some moves. It also always comes on "predicted" Ground attacks while I do something else.
Swoobat:

• Calm Mind - They insist to bring it on Sawk thinking he is choiced, then they use CM instead of attacking while eating an Ice Punch and dying. Then they say "Interesting". It always happens like that. Liepard can Encore if Sawk isn't around.
  • Subsitute + Calm Mind - This tends to be a bit more tricky but Liepard usually is there to do his job. And again, they come into Sak thinking it's chiced then fuck themselves.
Tangela:

• Offensive - This is the reason I don't put a Rock-type Pokemon even though as you can see my team is weak to Flying and Normal. Offensive Tangela is rare, but when it appears with a damn Leaf Storm I know something is going to die to revenge kill it.
Tauros:

• All-out Attacker - Damn that freedom. Musharna can survive sometimes, but needs to boost to do any damage. Rotom-S can come on predicted things and seveely damage with Thunderbolt, unless the bull is Scarfed.
  • Substitute - Never saw, but must be like above.
Torterra:

• Rock Polish - Sawk eats with Ice Cream, and Rotom-S still outspeeds.
  • Choice Band - Same as above.
Torkoal:

• Smashkoal - Seismitoad since it never uses HP Grass. Rotom is still faster and damages badly.
Ursaring:

• Quick Feet - Just don't let it to Swords Dance, and I'll be fine. Easier said than done, but Ursaring still weren't that much of a threat to me.
  • Guts - DESTROYS MY TEAM AS FUCK but it's too slow and I can predict a Crunch sometimes.
Victreebel:

• Swords Dance - Gardevoir must predict the Sucker Punch, but the hentai ghost generally kills Audrey II
  • Growth - Same as above, but it generally lacks Sucker Punch on these sets, making things easier.
Vigoroth:

• Bulk Up - Vigoroth is another underrted Pokemon no one never sees for some reason. I never saw, so I can't assure how would far against one of these.
Zangoose:

• All-out attacker - Hate it. I need to kill it before I get killed. If Rocks aren't up Rotom-S can maybe finish it off.
  • Swords Dance - The reason I miss Haunter, and why I put Encore in Liepard. Obviously I will NEED predict if it's really a SD before coming with Liepard
Zebstrika:

• Choice - Just don't give it a LigtningRod boost and it'll be easy. Musharna can even setup on it!
Zweilous:

• Offensive - Unfortunately the only Zweilous I saw had Draco Meteor...I guess Sawk can deal with it, but an Outrage will obviously hurt.
Defensive Threats

Alomomola:

• Support - Complete set-up bait for Musharna. Rotom-S and Gardevoir can kill it too.
Altaria:

• Defensive - Sawk destroys easily
Ampharos:

• Defensive - Sawk kills, and Seismitoad too
Armaldo:

• Support - Seismitoad kills it, and it can't touch in Sawk after all
Articuno:

• Defensive - I have serious troubles with Offensive Articuno, but God, this thing is far worse. Nothing can break through it, while it just Spam Ice Beam, or Roar, or spread Toxic. If I can predict a Toxic, I coe into Musharna to activate the Synchronize. Then I keep using using CM to see if it has Roar, Heal Bell or anything else, and really this is my only solution.
Audino:

• Support - Set-up bait for Musharna, and Sawk destroys. Rotom-S Tricks.
Bastiodon:

• Wall - Sawk, and Seismitoad. Rotom-S tricks
Camerupt:

• Defensive - Seismitoad eats it alive.
Carracosta:

• Tank - Seismitoad and Sawk, and sometimes Gardevoir and Rotom-S.
Cradily:

• Support - Sawk destroys it cold, and Musharna sets up on its face.
  • Curse - Sawk destroys, Rotom-S Tricks on the moment it uses Curse.
Dragonair:

• RestTalk - Rotom-S Tricks, and Sawk can hit it untill it's forced to Rest.
Duosion:

• Calm Mind - Never saw. Peobably because Hail isn't around anymore.
Eelektross:

• Coil - Sawk kills. Seismitoad also does a very nice job against.
Exeggutor:

• SubSeed - This is annoying, especialy if it has Giga Drain over Psychic. Harvest activates every damn time...
Flareon:

• Specially Defensive - Bah, Seismitoad and Sawk kill it.
Frillish:

• Defensive - Never faced it, but I guess Rotom-S cando well against
Garbodor:

• Defensive Spiker - Sawk Taunts it and uses EQ while it uses Rock Blast (Or Gunk Shot, which will hurt), and Seismitoad can do a nice damage on it. Musharna can set up o its face.
  • Offensive Spiker - The same Garbodor with less defense, but with Drain Punch and more attack. Easier to kill.
Gardevoir:

• Support -Liepard, and sometimes Musharna uses as Set-up Bait.
Golbat:

• Stallbreaker - Rotom-S can either Trick its Eviolite
Grumpig:

• Support - Of all defensive Psychics, Grumpig is the most damn annoying after Hypno (the latter isn't here because, well, it's rare). Because my Psychic-types check can't beat this swine at all, and Musharna can't use it as set-up bait as it uses Hypno and defensive Gardevoir because of Whirlwind. Fortunately he has no recovery, so I can just hit it hard.
Gurdurr:

• Bulk Up - Musharna and Gardevoir stop it cold
  • Attacker - The best of Gurdurr sets, but still stopped cold
Jumpluff:

• SubSeed - Irritating a lot. Sawk can somewhat manage it with Taunt and Ice Punch, and Liepard can trap with Encore.
Lapras:

• Rain Dance - Sawk destroys, as does Rotom with a Volt Switch to Seismitoad to finish.
Lairon:

• Defensive - Seismitoad and Sawk eats canned food.
  • Custap Berry - This set is fun and can screw me if done correctly. Sawk doesn't even activate the Sturdy. I fought this set 3-4 times, and Seismitoad suffered in one of those :(
Leafeon:

• Support - Rotom-S kills, as does Gardevoit if Leaf Blade doesn't land a crit.
Lickilicky:

• Support - Sawk, but if Sawk is dead and it has Dragon Tail, then I'm screwed. If it has Body Slam instead, then Musharna can set up on it.
  • Curse - Sawk kills and Rotom-S Tricks.
Liepard:

• Swagger - Well, it's Liepard. No one can tell what will happen when fighting one of these...
Ludicolo:

• Defensive - Rotom-S, Sawk and Gardevoir kill. Defensive Ludicolo is nice but somewhat easy to handle.
Mantine:

• Defensive - Gardevoir traces Water Absorb and destroys with Thunderbolt. Rotom-S just destroys with Thunderbolt. Musharna makes it a set-up bait if it's a RestTalk set.
Mawile:
  • Baton Pass - Rotom-S Tricks or Thunderbolt till death. Liepard can Encore and Sawk can Taunt.
Meganium:

• Support - Of all Pokemon that cause me trouble, such as Articuno and Zangoose, this is possibly the most infuriating of all. I hate this thing with all my soul. It does never die! Unlike Tangela, it doesn't have a miserable Special Defense. Unlike Vileplume and Roselia, this thing doesn't have a weakness to Psychic. Unlike Serperior, this thing isn't done by the moment I discover its moveset. Meganium never dies, thankfully it's both uncommon and suffers from a 4MSS syndrome. Rotom-S is my best bet Tricking or trying to flinch with Air Slash. I hate Meganium...
Metang:

• Tank - Sawk Taunts and spam EQ till it dies. Musharna can use it as set-up bait believe it or not
Miltank:

• Support - Sawk, and Rotom-S Tricks.
Misdreavus:

• Stallbreaker - Rotom-S Tricks. Most come against Sawk, and probably eat a Taunt. Liepard does his dirty job.
Mr. Mime:

• Baton Pass -Liepard, but in one instance it had Magic Coat. Liepard still kill it.
Murkrow:
  • FeatherDance - Rotom-S won't really mind the drop from FeatherDance and will Trick it or electrify
  • Perish Trap - Rotom-S again, and Sawk if I know what I'm doing.
Musharna:

• Calm Mind - Because only Armaldo, Pinsir and Golurk desroy this thing from start. Liepard walls non Signal Beam variants and just Encore a CM or Swagger + Foul Play. Rotom-S can trick.
  • Pivot - This set share the same counters as above, but Thunder Wave is a dick.
Ninjask:

• Baton Pass - Sawk demolishes it with Taunt since no one carries Mental Herb, which is a shame.
Probopass:

• Support - Sawk and Seismitoad execute it. In some cases, Musharna can set up on him wih ease.
Regice:

• RestTalk - Sawk. Musharna can set up on.
  • Thunder Wave - Same as above, but Sawk hates Thunder Wave.
  • Chesto Rest - Again, Sawk and Musharna.
Regirock:

• Tank - Sawk, but as I know that Sawk can't KO it directly I always Taunt before (which is actually nice since most of Sawk's switch-ins are crippled by Taunt) o they can't status me. Seismitoad also deals with it.
  • Curse - Same as above.
Relicanth:

• Support - Seismitoad makes sushi of him, as do Rotom-S and Sawk.
Riolu:

• Copycat - This crap is annoying. My best bets are Gardevoir and somewhat Liepard, but if I can't then I'm done.
Roselia:

• Defensive Spiker - Same as the Offensive Spiker one.
Rotom-S:

• Paraflinch - Seismitoad takes somewhat little from Air Slash and can Scald back provided Air Slash doesn't flinch. Rotom-S and Gardevoir can hit hard with Thunderbolt and Psychic
Seismitoad:
  • Defensive - Gardevoir traces Water Absorb and hits with Psychic till it dies, or switch out. Sometimes, Musharna uses as set-up fodder.
Serperior:

• SubSeed - Because I hate Glare. Rotom-S Tricks and Sawk can somwehat Taunt and beat, but Glare is the trouble.
Shelgon:

• Wish Support - Rotom-S Tricks an Sawk Taunts. Gardevoir attacks it with strong Special STAB and Musharna can set up on Roar-less variants
Stoutland:

• Defensive - Saw one and with the Haunter - Gurdurr formation. It was like Miltank, but with Intimidate and Roar
Tangela:

• Defensive - Bad special defense. Rotom-S and Gardevoir kills it, and I use Musharna as Sleep Powder bait. Leech Seed is annoying, though.
Throh:

• Bulk Up - Gardevoir and Rotom-S send him back to the dojo.
Torterra:

• Support - Rotom-S mainly because they don't carry Stone Edge, but Sawk can Taunt/Ice Punch too.
Torkoal:
  • Defensive - Seismitoad soaks it cold, and since it lacks recovery Sawk, Rotom-S and Gardevoir just keep attacking it (although since Lava Plume has 110% of burning I go usually with Rotom-S and Gardevoir)
Vileplume:

• Cleric - Musharna, since it won't mind the Sleep Powder, but Gardevoir works against too
Volbeat:

• Tail Glow -Sawk Taunts. Then it has nothing to do but switch out. Thunder Wave is annoying :( Liepard can priority Encore, but loses if it has Bug Buzz
  • Support -Sawk stops too, but now it has U-Turn. Seismitoad now checks with Scald unless it's a Sun team. I hope the fact that Support Volbeat is common is because of my Rain team :3
Wartortle:

• Rapid Spin - Rotom-S Tricks, or simply zaps with Thunderbolt or Volt Switch. Gardevoir also fares well against, as does Musharna in Hazeless variants
Weezing:

• Defensive - Gardevoir, and Sawk with Taunt and EQ. Seismitoad and Rotom-S also can target his weak Special Defense and clean the air aroun my team

WhiteDMist

Path>Goal
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I'm a bit biased to this team since I was already helping you before you posted it. Now that I see it in its current state, I have to say that I can't really find fault with it. The weaknesses you have are still better (and rarer) than the possible weaknesses you may find when you change something too drastically. You are the second coming of (Sweet) Jesus and I won't stand in your way!

I will say that you can afford to move those 16 Speed EVs on Musharna to Special Defense, since they were meant for Amoonguss more than anything else. Your Seismitoad set DOES live Adamant Banded Golurk's Earthquake after Stealth Rocks so there's that.

Hopefully the other raters will have something more substancial for you. Love your team Leandro! :heart:

watashi

is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
World Defender
zangoose can really hurt this team since you basically have nothing to switch into facade while it outruns and ohkoes half your team. this can be easily fixed by running destiny bond haunter over gardevoir. although it makes you a bit weaker to weather sweepers, you gain a normal-type immunity and guaranteed zangoose check. haunter can perform the same role of luring out skuntank and suiciding with it. plus, you can always slow down those sweepers with liepard's thunder wave if they really go out of control. you can also destiny bond on offensive articuno, which you couldn't do before with gardevoir. linoone can also be beaten since they don't usually run speed.

summary of changes:

gardevoir —> haunter

Haunter @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Destiny Bond

choice band sawk / seismitoad / choice scarf rotom-s / liepard / gardevoir / musharna

this is a decent team, and i don't want to mess around with it too much because it works out well for you. i think your weakness to normal-, flying-, and ice-type attacks can be remedied a bit by replacing seismitoad with metang. unfortunately, that's a heavy burden on one pokemon, and you're open to electric-type pokemon using volt switch. perhaps if you use metang, you could probably fit some other ground-type (like golurk or seismitoad) back in liepard's slot? the reason behind this is that metang is also another excellent check to certain psychic-types, so you can probably have something that stops volt switch users instead. but yea, i'll leave that for you to decide depending on how it works out for you.

summary:
choice band sawk / metang seismitoad / choice scarf rotom-s / liepard / gardevoir / musharna

Metang @ Eviolite
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 HP
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Don Honchkrorleone

Thanks for the rate, guys ^^

@WhiteDMist: Wow Thank you, Andy ^^ You're part of this team ^^

@FLCL: Thanks, Fooly :D I"ll sure test Haunter again and post the results later. I ran this Haunter before on this same team, so I know how to use i on this team. Thanks ^^

@ium: Thanks, ium :D I'll try Metang instead of Seismitoad, and while Volt Switch may indeed annoy, I think Metang can deal with most of them (bar Emolga... hate that thing). I'll test it and post the results later, thanks ^^

Do I need to explain more?
Luckily Leavanny is rare, but it screws your team over.

Destiny Bond Haunter is pretty helpful, and checks the aforemented Zangoose... read: CHECKS. It still does not like taking Shadow Claw. SubDisable Haunter can deal with it, though, but then you lose out on Destiny Bond. Therefore, I agree with FLCL's suggestion. I suggest Hidden Power Fighting over Hidden Power Ground though, to hit the aforemented Zangoose for SE damage, to KO it if it already took some prior damage for whatever reason.
It also outspeeds and OHKO's Leavanny with Sludge Bomb, and can safely switch in on every move Leavanny has bar Shadow Claw, but Leavanny rarely runs it.

Don Honchkrorleone

@Aasgier: Thanks for the rate ^^ But actually a LO Sludge Bomb does 92.01 - 108.68% to standard Zangoose. Zangoose will die anyway from it + Toxic damage. Hidden Power Ground checks the same things HP Fighting would with the bonus of Skuntank, and the difference between a super effective HP Fighting and a neutral Sludge Bomb is minimal. I'll stick with Sludge Bomb since it also helps some Grass-type problems somewhat.

And yes, I rarely see Leavanny, but I also rarely see Sunny Day Charizard and Offensive Articuno, and those are more dangerous than the sewing bug. And Leavanny isn't a trouble at all if I'm still with Rotom-S and Sawk. Thanks for the rate, anyway ^^

ryan

Jojo Siwa enthusiast
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'd be interested in hearing what the issues with Skuntank were outside of its speed. I only say this because I really feel like Skuntank would help your team out far more than what Liepard would. To me, they fill completely different roles. If Skuntank is in against an opposing Psychic or Ghost type, it is going to either kill it or severely damage it with the right predicting. However, if Liepard comes in, I can just switch out to an appropriate check. Yes, Liepard can be fun to play with (keyword: with), but it doesn't seem to support the team as much. I haven't played with it, so if it is better on the team, definitely keep it. I just wonder how it is outperforming Skuntank.

Other than that, solid team! I could see RestTalk Musharna wrecking, so it doesn't surprise me that you have had so much success with the team.

First off, I'd like to say, nice team Don. I can see why it peaked so high. I do think, however, that there are a couple pokes worth testing who may prove valuable and make your team even more effective than it already is. Your problems are primarily with Flying, Grass, and Ghost/Psychic types, at least according to your threats list. I suggest trying Golem in place of Seismitoad. It still absorbs Volt Switches and places Stealth Rock. But it also gives you a check to many Flying types and pseudo-priority that hurts Ghosts and Psychics.

Golem Set:
Golem@Lum Berry (I know how much you love Lum)
Ability: Sturdy
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 212 HP, 248 HP, 48 Spe
Moves:
Stealth Rock
Rock Blast
Earthquake
Sucker Punch

Stealth Rock is for hazard. Rock Blast will be a very useful move because not only does it hit Flying types for SE damage, but it also breaks Subs that those pesky Belly Drum Linoones love to set. Earthquake for Edgequake combo and STAB. Sucker Punch allows you to hit the Ghosts and Psychics that your team doesn't like. The nature and EVs put lots of offensive pressure on the opposing team. The 48 EVs in Speed are for the speed creep.

Another thing you could try is Braviary in place of Rotom-S. With U-Turn, it still keeps momentum. It'll help against Grass types better as well and has a substantially higher base attacking stat. You might miss the Electric type coverage though, but I see no harm in giving it a shot.

Braviary Set:
Braviary@Choice Scarf
Ability: Defiant
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 252 Atk, 4 Def, 252 Spe
Moves:
Brave Bird
Return
Superpower
U-Turn

The moves are fairly self-explanatory. The EVs and nature are standard as well. Brave Bird and Return are for STAB. Superpower provides coverage. U-Turn keeps momentum. Defiant is the ability of choice because if it activates, it can be very beneficial.

Good Luck^^ I hope I helped.

Don Honchkrorleone

@Treecko37: The problem with Skuntank is that he isn't as effective as countering Psychic- and Ghost-types as it used to be. His glory times fell when people realized that Gardevoir, Haunter had Destiny Bond, and that Musharna could use Baton Pass more often. SR Golurk is 2HKOed by Sucker Punch / Crunch while can KO back with EQ, and Misdreavus can run enough Speed to be able to burn the mammal before it. Not saying that Skuntank isn't good, he is; it's just that the metagame adapted against it. Skuntank also can do nothing against neither oppposite Sawsbuck since Nature Power is a KO after rocks and before Poison Jab, and it also bypasses Sucker Punch.

Liepard however have much less checks because of Thunder Wave and Swagger. Few Pokemon can actually switch into Liepard because of the risk of a paralysis / confusion / Foul Play. It's like a russian roulette: You do anyway, but know the results can and most of times will be disastrous. And Liepard supports my team by spreading priority paralysis; being a solid check to Sawsbuck, Haunter, Kangaskhan, Golurk, before-Unburden Drifblim, etc; and trapping some set-up sweepers such as DD Altaria, SD Samurott, CM Gardevoir, and tons of Substitute users such as SubCM Swoobat and SubCM Misdreavus (Both can foil Skuntank if they use a Sub on the Sucker Punch turn. hanks for the comment, btw, and I"m not being harsh :P

@morningsun: Thanks for the rate, Morningsun. I'll try Golem after ium's suggestion on Metang for sure, but I feel kinda iffy about Braviary over Rotom-S. Since I'm taking out Gardevoir for Haunter (will update tomorrow, enough testing on this matter and Haunter worked wonderfully), I may have no solid answer to Water-types such as Alomomola instantly and SS Gorebyss. I will try, as you said testing won't harm ^_^

@Aasgier: Thanks for the rate ^^ But actually a LO Sludge Bomb does 92.01 - 108.68% to standard Zangoose. Zangoose will die anyway from it + Toxic damage. Hidden Power Ground checks the same things HP Fighting would with the bonus of Skuntank, and the difference between a super effective HP Fighting and a neutral Sludge Bomb is minimal. I'll stick with Sludge Bomb since it also helps some Grass-type problems somewhat.

And yes, I rarely see Leavanny, but I also rarely see Sunny Day Charizard and Offensive Articuno, and those are more dangerous than the sewing bug. And Leavanny isn't a trouble at all if I'm still with Rotom-S and Sawk. Thanks for the rate, anyway ^^
Leavanny defeats your Sawk set if it attempts to switch in on any attacking move. X-Scissor + Leaf Blade KO's Sawk.
Rotom-S was your only actual counter, but it needed to be kept at full health and could not do anything until Leavanny hits the field, because you simply had nothing else to stop Leavanny from screwing you over.

I did not know Zangoose did take so much damage from a LO Sludge Bomb from Haunter. Indeed, HP Fighting is not necessary in that case.

WhiteDMist

Path>Goal
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Leavanny defeats your Sawk set if it attempts to switch in on any attacking move. X-Scissor + Leaf Blade KO's Sawk.
Rotom-S was your only actual counter, but it needed to be kept at full health and could not do anything until Leavanny hits the field, because you simply had nothing else to stop Leavanny from screwing you over.

I did not know Zangoose did take so much damage from a LO Sludge Bomb from Haunter. Indeed, HP Fighting is not necessary in that case.
Leavanny is rare and cannot really switch in on much because of its frailness. Even with your situation, as long as Rotom-S and Sawk are around, its not worth worrying about. As you said, he has a hard counter in Rotom-S, so why bother with anything more?

Edit: @Aasgier: Checks are called 'checks' BECAUSE they cannot switch in reliably, but can immediately threaten something out. Thus Sawk may not be able to switch in, but it still KOs Leavanny with Ice Punch, and even CC does quite a lot. Rotom-S can take Leaf Blades and X-Scissors quite well, and locking yourself into a non-STAB move means that something else on the team can easily force it out; hazards and residual damage in general will easy make this a bad thing for Leavanny.

Don Honchkrorleone

WhiteDMist is right. Leavanny isn't common and change the structure of my team for a Pokemon that I see in 1/50 matches would be disastrous. And Parasect is even more dangerous, especially under a Sub (This was more common than Leavanny)

I tested Haunter and it really did a nice job walling those Normal-types. Even Lickilicky is now less of a nuisance :D I'm currently testing Metang and Golem now, as well as Braviary.

You already have your second Leavanny check without changing the structure. It is named Haunter.

I talked in the past tense with a reason. Haunter is a very good check to Leavanny since it resists both of Leavanny's STAB options, is immune to Return, and Aerial Ace, the fourth most common attacking move on Leavanny, is easy to survive for Haunter, whereas Haunter both outspeeds and OHKO's Leavanny.

I just said Sawk does not check Leavanny as it cannot switch into it, while Rotom-S needs a lot of health to check it.

ryan

Jojo Siwa enthusiast
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Yeah, I didn't think you were being harsh at all about Liepard>Skuntank, and I hope I wasn't coming off this way! Like I said, if it's working for you, definitely keep using it, and what you said definitely made a lot of sense. I haven't used Skuntank in some time, so I haven't really seen it/had issues with it for a while unless I'm running Kadabra (which I love to run).

I would definitely consider running the Braviary set that morningsun suggested as well. I could see it being a great replacement for Rotom-S.

Anyways, congrats on all the success with the team, and good luck with it in the future.

Governess

A Beautiful Blossom Waiting to Bloom
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Omfg, I can honesty say this team is amazing. Swept my team very easily ^^; Good job, Don. Luvdisc'd! =)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)