Ultra Space Variants, V2 (Slate: Johto Starters)

Status
Not open for further replies.

alephgalactus

Banned deucer.
Can I use custom Abilities if I just make them slightly different clones of existing Abilities (e.g. Ghost-type Aerilate or Arena Trap that doesn't trap Grass-types instead of Flying)? I know custom Abilities got a little out of hand before without that restriction, but this modifier should prevent Abilities from becoming too broken. It seems to be working well in the Megas for All thread.

T.I.A.

formerly Ticktock
Can I use custom Abilities if I just make them slightly different clones of existing Abilities (e.g. Ghost-type Aerilate or Arena Trap that doesn't trap Grass-types instead of Flying)? I know custom Abilities got a little out of hand before without that restriction, but this modifier should prevent Abilities from becoming too broken. It seems to be working well in the Megas for All thread.
Not a bad idea, but then this is coming from the same guy who made an unkillable Pokemon.

alephgalactus

Banned deucer.
Not a bad idea, but then this is coming from the same guy who made an unkillable Pokemon.
I promise not to resurrect the false god UB-036 Stall. Besides, that wasn't because of a custom Ability, it was because of the stat spread combined with Magic Bounce/Filter. It was, and remains, perfectly legal (though definitely uncool) to submit something like that. But please don't, for everyone's sake; there was talk of moving up to Ubers just because of that abomination and it definitely contributed to the closing of the thread (though probably not as much as the April Fools' Day shitposting).

T.I.A.

formerly Ticktock
I promise not to resurrect the false god UB-036 Stall. Besides, that wasn't because of a custom Ability, it was because of the stat spread combined with Magic Bounce/Filter. It was, and remains, perfectly legal (though definitely uncool) to submit something like that. But please don't, for everyone's sake; there was talk of moving up to Ubers just because of that abomination and it definitely contributed to the closing of the thread (though probably not as much as the April Fools' Day shitposting).
I wasn't referring to you mostly, but thanks for the point. I was referring to myself mostly since I contributed to making a Gardevoir that couldn't die and any attack would been nulled and reflected for double damage.

alephgalactus

Banned deucer.
I wasn't referring to you mostly, but thanks for the point. I was referring to myself mostly since I contributed to making a Gardevoir that couldn't die and any attack would been nulled and reflected for double damage.
Who do you think would win, that Gardevoir or my Clefable?

Just curious.

...eh, sure.

I feel like I should write something about that.

alephgalactus

Banned deucer.
UB-724 Hunter (Decidueye)
Base Stats: 83/131/83/131/83/59 (570)
Type: Grass/Dark
Ability: Skill Link
Removed Moves: Baton Pass
Added Moves: Bullet Seed, Focus Blast, Beak Blast, Rock Blast, Pin Missile, Spike Cannon, Seed Bomb, Dark Pulse, Hyper Beam, Flash Cannon, Water Shuriken, Night Slash
Description: Prey on the planet where Decidueye was deposited mainly consisted of large arthropods, which were extremely difficult (though not impossible) to bring down with arrows alone on account of their tough shells. To hunt them, Decidueye evolved a gunlike beak, similar to our world's Toucannon, to blast through their hard exoskeletons. Its talent for accuracy has served it well, as it can either puncture arthropods' shells with the powerful shots from its beak or bring them down with a well-placed arrow shot to a joint or gap in the armor. It can even fire compressed blasts of water from its beak in the absence of other ammunition.
Competitive Analysis: Great offenses, an impressive movepool and access to many multi-hit moves and Skill Link make Decidueye a great wallbreaker or sweeper, and even moreso on a Trick Room team.

Sample Movesets:
Bulky Physical Attacker
Decidueye-UB @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
-Bullet Seed
-Rock Blast/Pin Missile/Spirit Shackle
-Sucker Punch/Night Slash
-Swords Dance

Bulky Special Attacker
Decidueye-UB @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
-Water Shuriken/Focus Blast/Flash Cannon
-Energy Ball
-Dark Pulse
-Nasty Plot

Bulky Band
Decidueye-UB @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
-Bullet Seed
-Night Slash
-Rock Blast
-Pin Missile

Bulky Specs
Decidueye-UB @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
-Water Shuriken
-Energy Ball
-Focus Blast
-Dark Pulse

UB-727 Face (Incineroar)
Base Stats: 83/131/83/59/131/83 (570)
Type: Fire/Fighting
Ability: Guts
Removed Moves: Fury Swipes, Fake Out, Scary Face, Outrage, Revenge, all Dark-type moves except Darkest Lariat
Added Moves: Heat Crash, Flying Press, Circle Throw, Storm Throw, Dynamic Punch, Slam
Description: Incineroar entered a brutal post-apocalyptic world where fighting tournaments were held for status and survival. This would have suited it well, but its personality was unscrupulous and the rules of the matches were strictly enforced. As a result, Incineroar from Ultra Space are significantly more fair and less underhanded than their base form, while still just as adept at drawing cheers from a crowd; however, it will still use its old underhanded tactics if it's in a pinch.
Competitive Analysis: With moves like Darkest Lariat, Circle Throw, Storm Throw, Body Slam, Flare Blitz and Flying Press, this Pokémon is heavily geared towards physical attacks, and with respectable special bulk, a specially tanky Assault Vest tank could also work. Flame Charge allows you to boost your Speed even while wearing the Assault Vest.

Sample Movesets:
Bulky Physical Attacker
Incineroar-UB @ Leftovers/Assault Vest
Adamant Nature
-Flare Blitz
-Circle Throw/Storm Throw
-Darkest Lariat
-Flying Press/Flame Charge

Bulky Band
Incineroar-UB @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
-Flare Blitz
-Darkest Lariat
-Flying Press
-Circle Throw/Storm Throw

UB-730 Siren (Primarina)
Base Stats: 83/59/131/131/83/83 (570)
Type: Water/Psychic
Ability: Riptide (Prevents Pokémon that are not Water-type or Ghost-type from switching out)
Removed Moves: Aromatic Mist, Perish Song (not this time fam)
Added Moves: Synchronoise, Whirlpool, Psyshock, Will-O'-Wisp
Description: Primarina was deposited on a planet almost entirely covered by water and populated by extremely fast-swimming creatures which it could not catch using speed alone. Thus, it developed the ability to read the minds of its prey, lure it in by singing about the prey's deepest desire, and trap the prey in whirlpools to eat it.
Competitive Analysis: Primarina is an excellent switch-in to Pokémon who have problems taking it out. It can trap things that could threaten the rest of the team, especially Fire-types, and take them out or use Encore to lock them into something that you can switch another Pokémon into. Watch out for Thunderbolt, though.

Sample Movesets:
Bulky Support
Primarina-UB @ Leftovers
Ability: Riptide
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
-Encore
-Will-O'-Wisp
-Sparkling Aria/Surf
-Psyshock

Bulky Special Attacker
Primarina-UB @ Leftovers/Assault Vest
Ability: Riptide
Modest Nature
-Sparkling Aria/Scald/Surf
-Psyshock
-Moonblast
-Ice Beam

Ladies and gentlemen, I have returned!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)