Social What are some problems you are having recently?

Do you like this topic

• Yes

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • No

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Do I make too many topics?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bdt2002

Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs superfan
is a Pre-Contributor
you must understand that complaining about your job (or just complaining in general) is one of the simple pleasures of life. You're doing the exact same thing they're doing, just on a smogon thread. it's how people cope

Point taken, I didn’t even think about that.

current problem more than anything: Is regardless the day working or off I know I have the things I need to do - that's fine.
When I'm free though I end up just wanting to relax and not "Playing that game/Reading that book/Doing that thing" cus I'm just like "UGH PEACE AND RELAXATION" i gotta add that to that peace and relaxation repertoire again and not make it feel like a thing I have to do.

my job tried pulling out their ass everything i do daily should be done 4 hours quicker than it's taken for the last 5 years i been there all cus they did the bare minimum --- like yes you helped cut out an hour or so but 4? that half my damn shift - ive done this forever i know what it takes and yall aint do that. cutting an hour out is one thing - half a shift you REALLY GOTTA DO SUMN - ya didn't.

tell me you've never done my job without telling me you mooks
and will i bury myself for yall? absolutely not [ive worked with broken hands, toe, and even a dislocated leg] - esp now I see the lack of respect and appreciation cus weeks ago it was "Josh gets it done"
Nope. if anything I'ma take my time now, screw them cus even if I do well they'll demand more.
Yall let my lil sister get hurt when she asked for help and no one cared and had to pay her out - i've had broken bones and came in.
What a worthless gig.

Looking for a new job.

(and to be fair im not mad just asserting myself haha)

Last edited:
The fight between ads and adblockers is flaring up again, and while I have faith in the power of pissed-off nerds, it's nonetheless disheartening that there doesn't seem to be a serious counterattack aiming to ban disruptive advertiser policies. This apparent acceptance that a constant struggle to efficiently access information is the best case and the only change is when people give ground. I want to be able to improve the situation. Hell, I think I need to be able to improve the situation because I don't believe the current state is acceptable.

first world issues but: having conflicting games i wanna play and can't choose and ending up not playing any on free time

sea of stars vs. chrono trigger vs. rune factory (might just use this as a chill other game esp on some letting the dog out to play and just spacing out energy vs needing focus) vs. Infinity Strash: Dragon Quest The Adventure of Dai (DQ is my fav haha)

Trying to quit junk food and social media. Particularly youtube shorts because 9 times out of 10 it's unproductive useless content or a time waster. Also it eats away my attention span like there's no tomorrow.

i figured my earlier post about what game to play:
decided to restart Scarlet/Violet again (i played violet og so might go scarlet) since i legit havent played for a lil while now (and tbf never finished cus work slowed down progress, no fellow pokemon fan friends to do online IRL, and then Hogwarts Legacy dropped and took me away haha - last thing i remember doing is your sandwich buddy getting his dog to talk again) - always hate going back "mid way" haha. def never played dlc yet so guess that solves that haha and i take pride in beating all the games but still havent played totally thru the stories of sword/shield and scarlet/violet yet (my dad passed during sw/sh [not tryna be a mope, just admit that stopped that - might play the story/dlc after through too cus Pokemon def one my "zen games" cus i just "know it" lmao] and never finished Sc/Vlt yet.
Feel thats wrong..

random other thing i wanna play [a "im too lazy to dive in tonight" type]: an NHL game to force me to learn all the rules and penalties etc like Madden did for me as a kid cus I really wanna understand hockey more lol.

the new question is "if i wanna learn hockey do i got patience to get my ass beat anytime i try and play an NHL game cus i get basics but still dont know certain rules? lmao"
only *seriously played* basketball as a kid... football (fav to watch) only when younger but didn't like the coaches and stuck with basketball lol.

I stay awake way later than I should and my sleep has been affected by it.
I have a huge backlog of games to go through but never have the time or motivation to go through them.
I have a hard time sticking with habits too (learning Spanish, for example).

All of those problems should be easy to fix though (hopefully).
this me. 100%
change spanish to tryna learn my families old Irish tho lol.
i got so many (i dont even wanna know the funds put into) games i havent got to yet and yeah the shitty sleep schedule makes me wake up later on off days and im like damn almost half my off day gone smh
edit: being fair i work a job that lets me out late (get home close to midnight) so i come home with energy till like 2-3am but needa sleep better too so at worst i'm hitting that 9a-10:30am(if i really need rest) tier.

I'm in a sorta similar situation. I get home a bit earlier (aroud 10:10pm recently cuz my workplace hasn't been so busy, although sometimes I get home at around 11pm), but my energy levels make me feel like staying up until around 2am-3am. Looking at a big TV screen or my laptop's screen in the middle of the night certainly doesn't help my eyes either. I'm thinking of picking up reading novels as a nightly habit so that I can rest my eyes better. There's an Amber Reading Light my friend has that he recommended to me, so no blue light. Or maybe I can write poetry or something else down on paper. Maybe even writing a Gratitiude journal and then a To-Do List for the next day?

I wish you the best with learning old Irish. I hope it's not too difficult to learn. And maybe we will both get to our game backlogs soon, but I hyperfixate on new things a lot (the board game 'Go' right now) so I get distracted easily haha.
Thank you and yeah same situation with me and the laptop or the tv screen/Switch screen but I've been doing it so long now it feels like my eyes are like "We just are stuck with this a-hole, get use to it" lol. I too got many books i need to read as well, have a Kindle full of em as well (I'm like End Game boss tier backlogger, doesn't matter the hobby lmao)
A notebook for thoughts/poetry and etc always served me well (even use em for game notes and etc, whatever my brain needs to remember/wanna come back to then haha) --- I actually write poetry myself, have since I was 8 - had friends try and get me into doing music and stuff like that too but idk stuck to pen and paper. My Mom is an artist though (literally does everything from paper mache, calligraphy, graphic art, sewing/knitting, etc - use to run an art guild haha) so my creativity had to spark somewhere... and I never had patience for "Paint drying" or stuff like that, so went with writing:totodiLUL:.

It's not so much hard as to grasp but to make ya tongue speak it well cus it is a bit of an odd one lol it's familiar enough you feel confident but different enough you're unsure lmao.
I will eventually get to them all, today my goal is getting some Mario Wonder time in and maybe play the Ni No Kuni or the newer Dragon Quest outputs whenever I'm not feeling platformer-y
But yes I get easily distracted too, esp on weekends cus of stuff like football and wrestling lmao.
But best of luck with Spanish, the backlogs, and not getting tooo distracted lol.

Trying to get more into Pokemon Competitive, get the drift... But it feels like impossible, stressing... As well, I have issues with getting interested into anything, having to force myself into that.

Im literally the first guy ever To get a retenue in my school. Why? Cause I complained the class was ending late and it was already -20°C outside and the sky was dark. I shouted a little bit but Fr everybody joining the teacher's side Is awful. And eventually i can't connect To PS! anymore via mobile data for 3 weeks now So Im getting desperate. And lastly It's fking cold out There i Go To school with 20cm of snow on the Ground. I prefer the good old days in DRC.

I'm getting all four wisdom teeth taken out on Monday
i got 3 of mine removed earlier this year. i thought I'd be knocked out and expected the procedure to take an hour. im also nearing 30 which is when complications become more likely. the procedure took 10 minutes and the entire time i thought I was being prepped for it was the actual surgery. didn't feel a thing and was out in 15 minutes. i even double checked the time because i thought maybe i fell asleep while under anesthesia, but nope.

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
i got 3 of mine removed earlier this year. i thought I'd be knocked out and expected the procedure to take an hour. im also nearing 30 which is when complications become more likely. the procedure took 10 minutes and the entire time i thought I was being prepped for it was the actual surgery. didn't feel a thing and was out in 15 minutes. i even double checked the time because i thought maybe i fell asleep while under anesthesia, but nope.
got my 3 out last summer and for a solid month there was a hole in one of the extraction spots thru my sinuses. Opened up a whole new way to breathe. Hole’s closed up now but the gums healed wrong so i have an insanely sensitive tooth

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)