Social What are some problems you are having recently?

Do you like this topic

• Yes

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • No

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Do I make too many topics?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wanting to cry, but I can't, due to being restrained of, and about my incapability of seeing I'm doing is right or wrong... At the same time, I get to learn something, and again, it happens to be the other way, and I have to learn all again. It frustrates me. Currently, I'm having issues at acting in the first turns of the matches and doing the same mistakes... I'm not watching the replays since I can't evaluate my losses and my wins, as well, lost hope on improving by myself. My only hope seems to be a tutor, but I don't think I'm worth of one. Maybe this game isn't for me, or the problem is on me... I personally don't know. It's just what am I feeling. I hate this.
I can't feel and won't pretend to feel the same but I know that sometimes, competitive pokemon can have effects on our mood if we are not well surrounded. An advice i'd tell You is, if You can, play the real games. maybe you'll find some calm in the enthousiast mysics of paldea or something, or maybe play some simple-minded games Online/listen to enthousiast music.

I can't feel and won't pretend to feel the same but I know that sometimes, competitive pokemon can have effects on our mood if we are not well surrounded. An advice i'd tell You is, if You can, play the real games. maybe you'll find some calm in the enthousiast mysics of paldea or something, or maybe play some simple-minded games Online/listen to enthousiast music.
Which online/listening simple minded games could I play?

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
Wanting to cry, but I can't, due to being restrained of, and about my incapability of seeing I'm doing is right or wrong... At the same time, I get to learn something, and again, it happens to be the other way, and I have to learn all again. It frustrates me. Currently, I'm having issues at acting in the first turns of the matches and doing the same mistakes... I'm not watching the replays since I can't evaluate my losses and my wins, as well, lost hope on improving by myself. My only hope seems to be a tutor, but I don't think I'm worth of one. Maybe this game isn't for me, or the problem is on me... I personally don't know. It's just what am I feeling. I hate this.
If it’s making you miserable, take a break. Genuine enjoyment of something will naturally lead to improvement, not the other way around. Obviously practice and striving to improve is good, but not if it causes mental anguish

Plenty of people are dogshit at games and still play them, you're miserable because you place a massive expectation on yourself to get better at a game that's just as much about luck as it is about remembering decision sequences that are only relevant at particular points in metagames or making insanely impactful predictions in higher play. Stop beating yourself up about losing!

That's kind of the point. The people who use Showdown are mostly competitive players who don't care about any of the other content in the games besides PvP battles, and Showdown offers them quick matches with unofficial tier support and the ability to build teams in a matter of minutes instead of spending hours trading, breeding, EV training, grinding money or battle points for TMs/tutor moves/held items, tracking down and trying to negotiate trades for rare event Pokemon, etc. Also as a result of this, Showdown tends to cultivate a much more competitively competent community than simply doing random wifi battles on the cartridges.

Also defeatist attitudes are the number one barrier to getting good at literally anything. Yes, you fucking should and can evaluate your replays, and if you're struggling to identify what you could have done differently, then it's time to get a second opinion to help you. Tutoring isn't a bad idea, but you need to drop the defeatist attitude or the best tutor in the world can't help you.

I think the one and only reason that pokemonshowfown isn't down yet is that it follows the "helps people creating bounds and making new friends" base point of pokemon. And I assure you it's barely competent at it. I know it's not as simple as that to drop a defeatist mood so i'd reallt recommend at least 2h of cooldown otherwise it's Just like using wood to estinguish the fire. Recently i barely was on showdown, only really for tournament games. And it Did good! I Just downloaded some nice pokemon games And enjoyed pokemon again. I Don't think showdown ladder is any useful. Really so random, it's a way of discrediting people, that's all.

Showdown is not real. 97% of people including me come because it's no effort/free or both. I'd really recommend play the real games fr
Showdown is like the hyperbolic time chamber in DBZ. You can simply train faster by using it. Even if you consider the cartridge "official" and think grinding 6 hours for a 0 speed IV Dialga raid is "skill" you'd still come out as a better player practicing on Showdown because you can find and complete battles 5x faster than you would with a cartridge. Every single high ranking VGC player uses Showdown to practice. It's illogical to not use it.

Though on topic of VGC it's 4 turns of luck based team matchup and 50/50s run by a company that knows nothing about competitive battles played on hardware that seems specifically built to have rampant disconnect "draws" and countless other attributes that makes the format a joke.

Not to boomerpost but i think another thing is that "kids these days" aspire to do shit like competitive esports because they think it's a job like for an athlete when it's actually like working as an independent contractor who only gets payment for marketing a specific thing destined to go out of relevance in 5-15 years. When it turns out that they're part of us plebs (who are the foundation of any competitive sport), it becomes soul crushing because that's literally them realising they can't have their dream job.

Showdown is like the hyperbolic time chamber in DBZ. You can simply train faster by using it. Even if you consider the cartridge "official" and think grinding 6 hours for a 0 speed IV Dialga raid is "skill" you'd still come out as a better player practicing on Showdown because you can find and complete battles 5x faster than you would with a cartridge. Every single high ranking VGC player uses Showdown to practice. It's illogical to not use it.

Though on topic of VGC it's 4 turns of luck based team matchup and 50/50s run by a company that knows nothing about competitive battles played on hardware that seems specifically built to have rampant disconnect "draws" and countless other attributes that makes the format a joke.
Defendjng showdown like that but why a 0 speed dialga? I mean, It is far Too fast to be played under tr, smthing that showdown should learn you at least. showdown sure is training, And is faster. But for exemples OMS are nO training. OU is not real, And bss/vGC should be the main tiers if showdown was "training"

There are plenty of skills that are applicable to pretty much all metagames, from VGC to whatever the OM of the month is. Reading opponents, assessing risk vs. reward, identifying and planning your win conditions, etc. This idea that to be good at VGC on the carts you must play VGC on the carts and nothing else (and nothing else matters) is honestly kind of silly. At the end of the day, VGC is only slightly less meaningless than Smogon tiers, and people should play what the enjoy playing. A lot of people don't find VGC to be an enjoyable format. At the end of the day, this is just a game.

Platinum God n1n1

the real n1n1
is a Tiering Contributor
At the end of the day, VGC is only slightly less meaningless than Smogon tiers, and people should play what the enjoy playing. A lot of people don't find VGC to be an enjoyable format. At the end of the day, this is just a game.
People be making $ from VGC though, so its more meaningful imo. But I agree with the rest of what you said after.

The problem I am having now that I got my poop issue resolved is that its cold outside. I become like a hibernating animal when its cold, so I will gain weight until its warm and I become motivated to go to the gym and do activities

People be making $ from VGC though, so its more meaningful imo. But I agree with the rest of what you said after.
That's most of the reason why I specified it's only slightly less irrelevant. It's a solid chunk of money, but, all things considered it's not exactly like you realistically can make a living off of playing VGC, except maybe as a content creator. Even then GameFreak/TPC/whoever it is who actually makes the rules doesn't make it easy for you with all the restrictions and prohibitions on recording during official tournaments. Smogon tournaments generally pose less restrictions, but the biggest Smogon-oriented content creators are an order of magnitude smaller than the biggest VGC content creators, so there is that.

For 99.9% of the people playing either format though, money just isn't a factor.

So far, we had 6 votes that voted on the topic.
5 people votes Yes, But one seemed to not like it. Can someone explain to me what had this topic did (or I did) to make you vote "No"? (This is talking about The vote to see if people like the topic or not)

ZippyDoo200

Banned deucer.
I've been feeling pretty down recently.

I have been taking anti-depressants to ease my mood, and they really help with giving me energy to do my job and stuff. But the drugs don't really stop my thought patterns, which are basically me telling myself I'm worthless, nothing, ugly, etc. over and over again non-stop. Sometimes I cannot even ignore those thoughts over YouTube videos or music. I had this happen to me before a few times in my life.

However other days I feel fine. If I felt like this everyday I would probably do something about it.

Yknow it's Because of social media maybe. People showing their worth want attention, so stop give it to them if u feel bad. remember, you are perfect Because you are not amy Other people. I always remember myself Im perfect, and if I have bad points I just ignore em a lil bit just so I feel good about myself.

Got rejected by art school

There's another art school in my city and I can apply there until the 14th. They, because of course, like every other school on Earth, have very little on their website on what to actually submit and how the application process goes. Wrote them, considering I already have a prepared portfolio, I hope I'll manage the deadline

When I am rejected there too, honestly no idea what to do

Got rejected by art school

There's another art school in my city and I can apply there until the 14th. They, because of course, like every other school on Earth, have very little on their website on what to actually submit and how the application process goes. Wrote them, considering I already have a prepared portfolio, I hope I'll manage the deadline

When I am rejected there too, honestly no idea what to do
Oh no, I think I've seen this one before...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)