XY Uberscast - done

We are going to have the 4th official Uberscast about the Pokbank metagame at 9 AM GMT+0 this Sunday the 1st of December. I know that for the large majority of you this is an inconvenient time but this is the only time where we can be joined by our beloved Furai and sometimes you have to make sacrifices to have nice things. Also on our panel will be shrang, Hack He Must, Poppy, Sweep, (maybe, uncertain) and myself. Go ahead and ask questions for us to address in the cast here in this thread.

Last edited:
Yeah Ho-Oh is very dominating right now, so do you have to run Arceus-Rock on every team? Or have you found any other answers that works well? Tyranitar, Arceus-Water?

I think that Arceus-Rock is the most annoying mon right now and I always have trouble with it in teambulidning. The easy solution is ofc to use Kyogre but at the same time I want to use a Sun Ho-Oh. So do you guys run multi-weather, Rain Ho-Ho or something. Basically, are there any other good switch-ins to Arceus-Rock then Kyogre? (Mega Blaziken maybe?)

What playstyle is dominating right now, is it stall thanks to defog, balance thanks to defog etc? Personally I have had some success with Deoxys-A HO with prankster T-Wave to check stuff like Xerneas.

My wishlist to be covered:

-How Dialga takes forever to destroy now.
-Yveltal being the new god of pokemon.
-How Geomancy is used poorly.
-Arceus-Fairy is the best.
-My shoutout of course.
-
How pokemon like Genesect, Terrakion, Arceus-Ghost etc... are being less used in this generation when they were so good in BW2.
-Mega Gengar, as well as other Mega Evos.
-How Defog made the game 10000000 times more passive than it was last gen.
-Biggest threats as of right now.

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
My questions:

-Are there any Pokemon that don't work as well as they used to in Gen 5?
-What Xerneas sets work well aside from Geomancy? Are there any other Pokemon you think are overrated?
-Do weather sweepers even work anymore in XY Ubers? Is Manaphy even a thing anymore?
-What Mega Evos aside from Gengar and the Mewtwos are worth using?
-What is the most surprising metagame shift you have seen?
-What does Furai think about me beating him with a team of 6 Klefki?

-how SD Terrakion /w eq is EXTREMELY boss in dis metagame.
-how sun is still the dominant weather in this metagame
-The fact that there is a Y god, but no such X god (more like a sawsbuck that fucked a virizion)
-Current usage stats
-Aegislash's impact on this metagame due to it being able to beat all sane variants of sawsbuck+virizion and mewtwo
-what Swedes think about their meatballs

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
- What our good ways of dealing with the most "threatening" mons in the tier (xerneas, ho oh, yveltal, kyogre, to name a few)
- What mega evos besides mmx, kanga, banette and gengar are worth using?
- Why did previous ubers get unbanned during the gen shift (exca, mana, torn-t, thund-i, gene, lando-i, deo-d)

Even though Geomancy Xerneas is "not good," (and I'd agree with this, if your opponent has a counter for it) how much does it limit teambuilding by forcing you to use Aegislash/Lugia/Ho-Oh etc on every team?

In the current generation, which is more dominant, sun or rain? Is it because of the virtue of Groudon/Kyogre itself, or the support that they provide?

- Is team-building more or less restrictive this generation?

- How will Mega-Latias and Mega-Latios impact the Uber metagame?

- What are the top 5 Uber threats this generation and what is it that make them so threatening?

- What are some unorthodox but effective sets you seen this generation?

- How is the overall nature of the metagame (balance, stall, etc)?

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
-
- How will Mega-Latias and Mega-Latios impact the Uber metagame?
These don't exist as far as smogon is concerned since without actual stats or even an official confirmation then there's no basis to assume they'll enter the metagame much less have an impact.

These don't exist as far as smogon is concerned since without actual stats or even an official confirmation then there's no basis to assume they'll enter the metagame much less have an impact.
it has been confrimed that they exist n_n

To my buddies Sebastien and Hack: Do you prefer generation five or six?
What is Giratina-O's best set now? Is it still a good Pokemon?
Are there any good fairies besides xerneas and arceus-fairy?

Blue Jay

The notorious Good Wife
is a Contributor Alumnus
How has the use of Choice Scarf Pokemon changed this generation? They were more or less a teambuilding staple in the previous generation, is this still the case? And what are some of the most effective users of the item now?

Also cosign blackstardust's/Fireburn's/Kebabe's questions.

Thoughts on Fairy type becoming the best offensive type in the entire game.
Besides Mega Gengar, what other viable mega evolutions are there?
What will the future look like for Arceus-Ghost? If you had to place it in a tier list (S-Tier, A-Tier, B-Tier, etc) right now, where would you place it?
Could Trick Room become a viable strategy with mons like Mega Mawile hitting half the tier for SE damage?
Do you prefer the current metagame (with moves like Defog), or do you miss the infamous Deo-S + sweeper teams from Gen V?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)