XY Uberscast - done

Disaster Area

formerly Piexplode
After last nights tournament are we considering how mega-blaziken is now a bit more viable than a niche baton passer, but actually a deadly offensive pokemon, especially when given certain sorts of suppoort (e.g. stealth rock, probably dual screens)?

Due to technical complications we won't be able to provide this Uberscast at the intended time. We will have to reschedule it for a later date when these issues can be resolved. (hopefully within a week)

Disaster Area

formerly Piexplode
Hey I have a late question for it if theyre still being accepted:

How do you feel fairies (including mainly Xerneas tbh) are affecting the metagame and teambuilding, and is it the biggeste shift introduced in this generation of ubers?

Disaster Area

formerly Piexplode
Have you noticed a change in the pace and style of matches in the current meta? In my experience I feel on average most matches are a good bit longer, indicating that despite the high power of the pokemon involved, there's a stall tinge to most teams this metagame, intentionally or not.

Hi there everyone, I'm curious to hear your thoughts on the state of the current Ubers metagame. There seems to be a shift away from full-on offense, and more allowance of balance and stall. What are your thoughts on this shift?

Thanks guys, keep up the great work :)

How will the new meta impact Genesect's usage?

A few of my guesses:
-/+ More Ho-Oh (bad matchup, good partner)
+ Deters Xerneas/Fairyceus set-up
-/+ easier hazard removal (less KOs, more switch-ins)

I'm not sure how weather changes and game pacing changes will effect the bug.

Last edited:
Due to new features being added to smogcasts, the uberscast will have to wait til next Sunday. More precise details will be decided on shortly.

Okay, so the rescheduled Uberscast is confirmed for next Sunday the 15th at 7am GMT+0. Our panelists have changed slightly and so we'll have Manaphy, Sweep, Hack He Must, Shrang, Poppy (maybe), and myself to talk about XY Pokebank Ubers.

blitzlefan

shake it off!
I don't really mind the time - as long as a link of the video is posted, I can just watch it later... (this is true, right? idk if smogcast stuff is staying the same).

Manaphy

Throughout heaven and earth, I alone am family guy
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
I don't really mind the time - as long as a link of the video is posted, I can just watch it later... (this is true, right? idk if smogcast stuff is staying the same).
Yeah we should be having a recording of it.
Fuck Americans.
Let the eastern side of the globe get the good things for once.
I don't see how 2 AM is good lmao

Not to bother but, If you think on doing sorta like a Q&A thing during the podcast, I don't think there's going to be much activity.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
What are your thoughts on Kyogre in the current metagame? Its fall from grace is big enough that it has to get some mention...
By extrapolation from this, is Swift Swim a thing of the past or could it still be viable?

Thoughts on Assault Vest?

Why is Mega Kangaskhan so good in Ubers?

Last edited:
Not to bother but, If you think on doing sorta like a Q&A thing during the podcast, I don't think there's going to be much activity.
It is a drawback but we were locked into this time when we were trying to get Furai on board and then ended up stuck with it again (based on everyone's availability) to avoid delaying the cast for too long. Thankfully, the majority of these questions are excellent for discussion so the potential lack of a direct Q&A is far less noticeable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)