[READ ME] Tips for Simple Hack Checks

Hi, i was wondering if anyone could help me find out if this new Mew i got from a trade is hacked or not. I might be in the wrong section, if i am sorry for the trouble.

Hi, i was wondering if anyone could help me find out if this new Mew i got from a trade is hacked or not. I might be in the wrong section, if i am sorry for the trouble.
This is the correct thread and I'd suggest you post all the information you can with regards to your Mew so when a mod (or someone more versed with hacks) comes online, they can give you an immediate answer.

This is the correct thread and I'd suggest you post all the information you can with regards to your Mew so when a mod (or someone more versed with hacks) comes online, they can give you an immediate answer.
Thanks !

I would like some help to know if this mew is legit or hacked. If you need more information let me know Thanks !

Bold level 100 synchronize Mew 31/31/31/31/31/31
Known Moves : Stealth rock, heal bell, toxic, Psychic
OT: FAL2010
ID: 10160

Thanks !

I would like some help to know if this mew is legit or hacked. If you need more information let me know Thanks !

Known Moves : Stealth rock, heal bell, toxic, Psychic
Since this mew is from a Wonder card it can have any IV and Nature combination as said in OP. Looks like your mew is fine as long as it isn't shiny.
Generation 4 wonder card events may have any combination of IVs and nature.

I think my Mew is a hack because soft-boiled is a gen 3 move and mew obtained from gen 4 has it ( or maybe i'm wrong):

Known Moves : Stealth rock,will-o wisp, soft-boiled , heal bell

I think my Mew is a hack because soft-boiled is a gen 3 move and mew obtained from gen 4 has it ( or maybe i'm wrong):

Known Moves : Stealth rock,will-o wisp, soft-boiled , heal bell
Yep, FAL2010 mew is an HGSS event with the gen 3 tutor move from Fire Red, Leaf Green, and Emerald. It's hacked.

While in this case the Zapdos is indeed a hack, please don't say it's clearly a hack unless you can back it up.
What's your opinion on the Keldeo?

I also got a Keldeo from him under the OT SMR2012 and ID No. 08272

Keldeo - #647 (Timid) : 28 - 31 / 18 - 22 / 30 - 31 / 27, 29, 31 / 30 / 31

Level 21 in a Cherish Ball with a "Wishing Ribbon"

I have no idea what to make of this one, but I think the first is pretty clearly a hack.

Pretty sure I just got a hacked Zapdos from SharkReno. OT is 01337 and the Trainer name is Ash inside a regular pokeball, from Sinnoh...

I also got a Keldeo from him under the OT SMR2012 and ID No. 08272

Keldeo - #647 (Timid) : 28 - 31 / 18 - 22 / 30 - 31 / 27, 29, 31 / 30 / 31

Level 21 in a Cherish Ball with a "Wishing Ribbon"

I have no idea what to make of this one, but I think the first is pretty clearly a hack.
There's not nearly enough info provided, post EXACT IVs and Characteristic of the Keldeo, if this is the one I suspect it is it's probably hacked.

/me slaps Agonist with a trout

There's not nearly enough info provided, post EXACT IVs and Characteristic of the Keldeo, if this is the one I suspect it is it's probably hacked.

/me slaps Agonist with a trout
Characteristic is Capable of taking hits

IVs are Keldeo - #647 (Timid) : 31 / 22 / 31 / 31 / 30 / 31

If it is hacked I'll probably keep it for battle... but should I post about this in the blacklist thread? I don't need compensation because SharkReno cloned my pokemon, so I didn't lose anything, and if both pokemon are hacks I'm not interested in getting anything else from him...

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Characteristic is Capable of taking hits

IVs are Keldeo - #647 (Timid) : 31 / 22 / 31 / 31 / 30 / 31

If it is hacked I'll probably keep it for battle... but should I post about this in the blacklist thread? I don't need compensation because SharkReno cloned my pokemon, so I didn't lose anything, and if both pokemon are hacks I'm not interested in getting anything else from him...
It appears to have originated with this, and spread to this. At any rate, the original upload is a legal hack.

Is the HP Ghost one a hack (the one I got is HP Ghost)?

And yeah I figured that much about the Zapdos... I think I'm going to make a post in the WiFi blacklist tomorrow.
uh... zapdos can come from sinnoh.... It can be capture as a roamer on platinum (with the other 2 birds)

I was just looking through my Pokemon on my Black 2 and realised I have a shiny Mewtwo with 6 IVs. I just want to make sure it isn't hacked before putting it up on my thread. Details:

Shiny Mewtwo (Nest Ball) Lv 70
OT: Mugen
ID: 00500
Timid
Pressure
31/31/31/31/31/31
(Moves: Psycho Cut, Amnesia, Power Swap, Guard Swap)
Arrived from the Johto Region
No ribbons

Let me know if you need more information (although I think I've put up all the information I can tell).

lats

formerly lockiegengar12
I was just looking through my Pokemon on my Black 2 and realised I have a shiny Mewtwo with 6 IVs. I just want to make sure it isn't hacked before putting it up on my thread. Details:

Shiny Mewtwo (Nest Ball) Lv 70
OT: Mugen
ID: 00500
Timid
Pressure
31/31/31/31/31/31
(Moves: Psycho Cut, Amnesia, Power Swap, Guard Swap)
Arrived from the Johto Region
No ribbons

Let me know if you need more information (although I think I've put up all the information I can tell).
Yeah, it's most likely a hack.
Pokecheck: https://www.pokecheck.org/?pk=5730657
As far as I can tell though, it's a legal hack. It has a possible IV combination for Gen 4. Another interesting fact is that it's in a Friend Ball, not a Nest Ball.
This person has some very suspicious looking other uploads, considering that most of them have exactly the same ribbons, which probably means they genned the pokemon and forgot to change it.
I'd personally wait for one of the mods opinions on this, though.

Yeah, it's most likely a hack.
Pokecheck: https://www.pokecheck.org/?pk=5730657
As far as I can tell though, it's a legal hack. It has a possible IV combination for Gen 4. Another interesting fact is that it's in a Friend Ball, not a Nest Ball.
This person has some very suspicious looking other uploads, considering that most of them have exactly the same ribbons, which probably means they genned the pokemon and forgot to change it.
I'd personally wait for one of the mods opinions on this, though.
This one is definitely in a net ball. I checked Pokecheck first and I saw that too. So I looked more carefully at the ball and googled all the possible pokeballs and I'm certain my one is in a net ball. Unless friend balls turn into net balls when transferred, I don't think it is the same Pokemon. But yeah, I'll wait for a mod to give me their opinion.

DarthVader it's legal, but you should be trading things from reputable sources (or better yet, catching/breeding stuff yourself), not adding whatever you can find that isn't an obvious hack. Unless you can find out where you got it from I would strongly advise against adding it to your thread.

lockiegengar12 https://www.pokecheck.org/?p=detail&uid=4392769 "not public" option in the filters is your friend.
Also, the Footprint Ribbon is the only suspicious one, Effort Ribbon was THE way to confirm you were done EVing in 4th gen, and beating the E4 was a great way to level stuff up.

DarthVader it's legal, but you should be trading things from reputable sources (or better yet, catching/breeding stuff yourself), not adding whatever you can find that isn't an obvious hack. Unless you can find out where you got it from I would strongly advise against adding it to your thread.
Yeah fair enough. Thanks for your help!

curious if I got a hack off GTS
Rayquaza lvl100 in regular ball
OT:ash ID. 32760
Adamant 6iv with legal moves
seems to have tracked from hoenn to kalos
has Shock ribbon no idea what that is lol

curious if I got a hack off GTS
Rayquaza lvl100 in regular ball
OT:ash ID. 32760
Adamant 6iv with legal moves
seems to have tracked from hoenn to kalos
has Shock ribbon no idea what that is lol
It is most likely a hack based on this guideline
Only 5 natures are possible for 31/31/31/31/31/31 Pokemon caught in the wild from generations 3 & 4. These natures are modest, timid, calm, docile, and naive. Any Pokemon from Generation 3 or 4 with those IVs but an incorrect nature is hacked.
EDIT: The shock ribbon is an in-game ribbon in DPPt that is given to a pokemon you show to either Julia in Sunyshore City or Tuscany of Tuesday on Tuesdays

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)