Let's Play! A journey through the insanity that is Pokemon Snakewood (Completed)

Jerry the great

Banned deucer.
OK, the whole concept of fighting deadly forces such as zombies, a dragon, and the "government" was actually not a half bad idea for a game,especially considering it's in Pokemon. This story is also pretty neat. You are a character who ended up with amnesia, and then as you see soon after, Hoenn ends up in a catastrophe. And you are the one who can stop it. Much more interesting than "alright you were born in a small town, now take a starter, here's a rival or two, now go beat up 8 gym leaders and then make it out of the Pokemon League alive". The fact that some characters end up as allies, but then were actually enemies and the fact they are an enemy was well hidden up until much later on was always a cool concept to put in games for me, and this game has plenty of that.

However... I do have 2 very serious complaints. First of all, this game is simply way too hard. Not in a fair way either. You have overleveled legendaries when you're already weakened (especially unfair considering you're not even halfway through at that point), you have Pokémon with abilities that technically make them invincible and have no weaknesses, and some other stuff. Yes, the mainline games are for the most part, simply too easy. However... Even so, there was still some battles that proved to be a force to be reckoned with, but you still have ways to win besides overleveling. Take for example, the battle with Whitney. Her Miltank for sure can be a force to be reckoned with, but you still have a way of managing. Machop can take a stomp or two and and then possibly beat Miltank with karate chop if you get Miltank locked into rollout. and Onix or Geodude both resist stomp and rollout (X4 resistance to rollout), and can force Miltank into healing like crazy. However, according to many others, without them, that thing is mad strong... However I simply let my level 20 female raticate hyper fang it into oblivion the last time I reset my save file before fighting her.

Also, it's incredibly glitchy. It's like the smallest of things make it glitch out. Quite a few even ruin your entire save file. Seriously. The glitchiness is gen 1's glitchiness on steroids. They are seriously dumb glitches too. Seriously. The game glitches out from simply using item bags and gets corrupted from simply fighting Wattson before you leave the room! At least with Red and Blue's hazardous glitches (such as catching a Missingno or the Zazzz glitch) you have to pretty much intentionally screw over the system knowing all about said glitch and how to make it occur for it to even happen! With this, the screen freaks out over you simply getting some healing items, and gets CORRUPTED from you simply fighting a boss! Then you end up starting the entire game all over again.

Still though... Gotta hand it to you for keep on persisting, even when you're game gets corrupted or you're put up against a level 32 (or was it 33?) Raikou after being severely beaten and your team being 7-9 levels lower! Seriously. I don't think even I would be that dedicated to completing just one game.

Hello. I'm here for part 21. This part will be more than just text walls. Let's go.

An Explosion: IS THAT A JOJO'S REFERENCE?

Jerry the great: I couldn't have said it better myself. Honestly, Wattson wasn't too difficult. Parasect carried in that fight. I sort of said this in the last part, but people seem to be enjoying this game, so that's the reason that I haven't given up. Also, this game is kind of fun, in an odd way.

SnakewoodLP426.png

In the last part, I made my way to the top of Mt. Chimney and encountered Chloe, the leader of the Inquisition, and Famine, one of the Four Horsemen of the Apocolypse. I also found out that Gleis is secretly a bad guy. In this part, I'll make my way through the Shakamuyna Tower.

SnakewoodLP11.png

SnakewoodLP12.png

Now I can enter the tower. Let's see what's up here. This is the only place left that I can go.

SnakewoodLP462.png

During one of the fights, Potential learned Water Spout. Secretegg has a HP stat of 120, so it can do some decent damage. It also can hit Rock types, so that's cool.

SnakewoodLP463.png

Bruh what.

SnakewoodLP464.png

This area is stupid glitchy. The sage on the left is the one that "saw" me.

SnakewoodLP466.png

1582414865800.png

SnakewoodLP467.png
SnakewoodLP468.png
SnakewoodLP469.png
SnakewoodLP470.png
SnakewoodLP471.png
SnakewoodLP472.png
SnakewoodLP473.png
SnakewoodLP474.png
SnakewoodLP475.png
SnakewoodLP476.png
SnakewoodLP477.png
SnakewoodLP478.png
SnakewoodLP479.png
SnakewoodLP480.png
SnakewoodLP481.png
SnakewoodLP482.png
SnakewoodLP484.png
SnakewoodLP485.png
SnakewoodLP486.png
SnakewoodLP487.png

Now we've got to fight the Elder. I want you guys to guess what he's got. He's only got two Pokémon, so it's probably something stupid.

SnakewoodLP488.png

SnakewoodLP489.png

:fukyu:

SnakewoodLP490.png

GG Wobbuffet. Wobbuffet is still one of the most annoying Pokémon to fight. Now what's his last Pokémon?

SnakewoodLP491.png

It's a Celebi. Nothing too crazy.

SnakewoodLP493.png

It's really high leveled though. Just a reminder that the level curve is still crazy. 4 parts ago I fought Alicia, and her ace was level 32. Now this guy's Celebi is almost level 40. If I wasn't constantly leveling my team up, I would be incredibly underleveled. I would also like to say that rebattling Wattson is the only way to get a decent amount of exp. at this point.

SnakewoodLP494.png
SnakewoodLP495.png
SnakewoodLP496.png
SnakewoodLP497.png
SnakewoodLP498.png
SnakewoodLP499.png
SnakewoodLP500.png
SnakewoodLP501.png

And that's Longwei. Not too difficult of a boss battle, save for a sus level curve.

SnakewoodLP502.png
SnakewoodLP503.png
SnakewoodLP504.png
SnakewoodLP505.png
SnakewoodLP506.png
SnakewoodLP507.png
SnakewoodLP508.png

We've got the Bike boys. Now we can make progress. Although this seems like a weird place to get the bike from.

SnakewoodLP509.png

This is what the bike looks like. It looks ok imo.

SnakewoodLP510.png

SnakewoodLP511.png

Yeah well, I've got a bike now so f-

SnakewoodLP512.png

SnakewoodLP513.png

what. Guess I'm not going on the Cycling Road

SnakewoodLP515.png

Not that I've got the bike, I can go back to Solar Caverns and go up this mudslide.

SnakewoodLP516.png

SnakewoodLP517.png

Nice. Don't think I'll use this though.

SnakewoodLP518.png

SnakewoodLP519.png

SnakewoodLP520.png

Now this I can use. Metang will appreciate the extra power for Metal Claw.

SnakewoodLP521.png

I can now go past this stupid slope.

SnakewoodLP522.png

SnakewoodLP523.png

And now we've got more chefs. What I find dumb is that this one still has a Munchlax. There's a chef on route 117 had a Gardevoir, and the two in front of Famine had Snorlax. I guess those where the "stronger" variant. Still dumb. Munchlax isn't a threat at all at this point.

SnakewoodLP524.png

And now we've got more NPCs that can't be reached. To be fair, it's a zombie so it's better this way.

SnakewoodLP525.png

And now we're at the second part of Route 112. There's a cave here. If this is just like the originals, than this should be Frigid Way.

SnakewoodLP526.png

SnakewoodLP527.png

SnakewoodLP528.png

I was correct. Once again, instead of the TM for Ice Beam (or Ice Punch, which you can see is a TM) they give me Toxic. Interesting choice. Toxic isn't super useful in normal playthroughs, but this game is different so I might find some use for it.

SnakewoodLP529.png

SnakewoodLP530.png

Hidden in a rock is the Sand Cloak. It's just a renamed Lax Incense. I give it to Mewtwo? because he didn't have anything else to hole.

SnakewoodLP531.png

SnakewoodLP532.png

SnakewoodLP204.png

SnakewoodLP533.png

SnakewoodLP534.png

SnakewoodLP535.png

SnakewoodLP536.png

SnakewoodLP537.png

SnakewoodLP538.png

SnakewoodLP539.png

It feels like it's been a while since we've seen a Fakemon. Zangol is the evolved form of Zangoose. It's a Normal/Fighting type Pokémon with the following stats: 80/125/70/70/80/95. It still has Immunity as it's ability. It's pretty decent.

SnakewoodLP540.png

SnakewoodLP542.png

SnakewoodLP543.png

SnakewoodLP544.png

SnakewoodLP545.png

Despite Mega Kick being resisted, it still has a high Attack. It goes down easily.

SnakewoodLP546.png

SnakewoodLP547.png

That sums up a lot of fights in this game. Especially since it's a zombie apocolypse.

SnakewoodLP548.png

With Jemima and her Zangol finished, I can head into Route 113, renamed Blighted Way. But that will be in the next part.

Just kidding. I was originally going to end it here, but part 20 was short.

SnakewoodLP549.png

SnakewoodLP550.png

The ash that is normally present is gone. The Pokémon are the same though. Quick story time, as a kid I didn't know what shiny Pokémon were, and I found a shiny Spinda on this route (In the originals obviously). I accidentally killed it. :blobsad: Story time over.

SnakewoodLP551.png
SnakewoodLP552.png
SnakewoodLP556.png
SnakewoodLP557.png
SnakewoodLP558.png
SnakewoodLP559.png

The floating heads are back with their Eye-Eye. I almost lost to the second one. Had to use some dumb Revives. For some reason instead of having the normal learnset like every other Eye-Eye, this one actually had good moves. It's also like 7 levels above every other one in the area. Real annoying.

SnakewoodLP205.png

SnakewoodLP206.png

SnakewoodLP207.png

SnakewoodLP560.png

SnakewoodLP561.png

SnakewoodLP563.png

SnakewoodLP564.png

I beat a few more zombies and make it to this guy.

SnakewoodLP565.png

SnakewoodLP566.png

He then battles me. Because of course he does.

SnakewoodLP567.png

SnakewoodLP568.png

SnakewoodLP569.png
e. . .

He then realizes that he made a terrible mistake. Don't worry, 'twas a simple mistake.

SnakewoodLP570.png

And now we're at Fallarbor. This place has been completely taken over by the Inquisition. But we'll see what's up here in the next part. Have a nice day.

Littleroot & Route 101
Broken Hearts (Current count: 5)
Petalburg Gym
Mush Mask
Strength Boulder outside Meteor Falls
Strength boulder in SS Cangrejo
Strength boulder in Frigid Way
Rock Smash rocks:
Route 116
Route 114 (I forgot about this lmao)
Rusturf Tunnel
Route 108

Abandoned Ship
Dive spot in Dewford
Kanto Water Supply - Slateport Museum
Rock on route 103 east side
Chikorita in Isle of Calm
Slope in Solar Caverns (This wasn't on the to do list somehow, but it's done now)

Attachments

Hello, I'm back after a small break for part 22.

Coolman6001: Yeah, it was cool to see the zombies make a return. It's almost like the creator forgot about them or something. Also yes, Eye-Eye is a zombie Jynx

SnakewoodLP570.png

In the last part, I made my way through the tower with all the glitchy sage. I then made my way through Blighted Way to make it to the Inquisition run Fallarbor Town. In this part, I'll be seeing what's going on around here.

SnakewoodLP571.png

SnakewoodLP572.png

Bruh.

SnakewoodLP573.png

It just occurred to me. These guys work for the "Government" right? IF SO WHY ARE THEY MORE INCOMPETENT THAN REGULAR TRAINERS. It probably would have been better to recruit a bunch of Ace Trainers or Veterans or something.

SnakewoodLP574.png

SnakewoodLP575.png

Yeah, items are pretty important.

SnakewoodLP576.png

SnakewoodLP577.png

SnakewoodLP578.png

SnakewoodLP579.png

SnakewoodLP580.png

Still some of that silly text around. (Not saying depression is silly)

SnakewoodLP581.png

SnakewoodLP582.png

SnakewoodLP583.png

SnakewoodLP584.png

Aw crapbaskets.

SnakewoodLP585.png

Honestly, the Isle of Calm seemed more like a base than this little town.

SnakewoodLP586.png

SnakewoodLP587.png

SnakewoodLP588.png

SnakewoodLP589.png

SnakewoodLP590.png

SnakewoodLP591.png

More text.

SnakewoodLP592.png

SnakewoodLP593.png

SnakewoodLP594.png

SnakewoodLP595.png

SnakewoodLP596.png

SnakewoodLP597.png

SnakewoodLP598.png

SnakewoodLP599.png

SnakewoodLP600.png

And here we have a "sidequest". You can drink. And it's all RNG if you win or lose. All you win is some money, which we know how useless that is when you can rebattle good ol' Break yur Game Wattson.

SnakewoodLP601.png

Cool, that makes 5.

SnakewoodLP602.png

SnakewoodLP13.png

SnakewoodLP604.png

SnakewoodLP605.png

SnakewoodLP606.png

SnakewoodLP607.png

So the Deadly Seven are the way they are from being isolated on an island? Makes sense I guess.

SnakewoodLP608.png

SnakewoodLP609.png

SnakewoodLP610.png

SnakewoodLP611.png

I would quote the whole "Keep your enemies closer" but I don't think that fits here. Also, I guess the big climax will most likely be at Meteor Falls.

SnakewoodLP612.png

SnakewoodLP613.png

SnakewoodLP614.png

SnakewoodLP615.png

SnakewoodLP616.png

SnakewoodLP617.png

SnakewoodLP618.png

SnakewoodLP619.png

SnakewoodLP620.png

SnakewoodLP621.png

SnakewoodLP622.png

SnakewoodLP623.png

Even more silly dialouge.

SnakewoodLP624.png

SnakewoodLP625.png

SnakewoodLP626.png

SnakewoodLP627.png

SnakewoodLP628.png

Let's see what Chloe has to say.

SnakewoodLP629.png

SnakewoodLP630.png

1583214969248.png

SnakewoodLP631.png

SnakewoodLP632.png

SnakewoodLP633.png

1583215023076.png
1583215025048.png

SnakewoodLP634.png

SnakewoodLP635.png

1583215064601.png
1583215068694.png
1583215070689.png

Just kidding. Looks like Alicia is here as well. Or ALICIA is here.

SnakewoodLP636.png

And now the invisible wall prevents me from passing. It's because there's one place left to visit, the Contest Hall. But that will be for the next part. But before that. . .

SnakewoodLP637.png

SnakewoodLP638.png

Before finishing this part, I level up RockKrabby to level 40, when he evolves.

SnakewoodLP639.png

OH BOY! I WONDER WHAT HE'LL LOOK LIKE.

SnakewoodLP640.png

WOW THAT TOTALLY LOOKS DIFFERENT. lol. Literally the only difference is that it has a small arm on it's right side.

SnakewoodLP641.png

His stats are dramatically better, however. It's bas stat total is: 80/100/130/30/84/40. It still has awful Special Attack and Speed, but improves everywhere else.

That will do it for this part. Next part will be up soon. Have a nice day.

Littleroot & Route 101
Petalburg Gym
Mush Mask
Rock Smash rocks:
Route 116
Rusturf Tunnel
Route 108

Abandoned Ship
Dive spot in Dewford
Slope in Solar Caverns (This wasn't on the to do list somehow, but it's done now)

Attachments

Hello, I'm here for part 23. Let's go.

Edit: Fixed the to do list

pileosand: TrUMp BaD. (It's just a joke, we don't need those arguments in here)

Mova: According to the download page, it's all by one person.

SnakewoodLP570.png

In the last part, I explored Fallarbor Town. In this part, I'll enter the contest hall and see what or who, is in there. But before that, I would just like to mention that according to the creator, this is their first time making a ROM hack, which may explain some of this games more interesting features.

SnakewoodLP643.png

Inside the contest hall, I find Alicia. Maybe she can finally give me some answers on what the hell is going on around here.

SnakewoodLP644.png
SnakewoodLP645.png
SnakewoodLP646.png
SnakewoodLP647.png
SnakewoodLP648.png
SnakewoodLP649.png
SnakewoodLP650.png
SnakewoodLP651.png
SnakewoodLP652.png
SnakewoodLP653.png
SnakewoodLP654.png
SnakewoodLP655.png
SnakewoodLP656.png
SnakewoodLP657.png
SnakewoodLP658.png
SnakewoodLP659.png
SnakewoodLP660.png
SnakewoodLP661.png
SnakewoodLP662.png
SnakewoodLP663.png
SnakewoodLP664.png
SnakewoodLP665.png
SnakewoodLP208.png
SnakewoodLP667.png

SnakewoodLP668.png
SnakewoodLP669.png
SnakewoodLP670.png
SnakewoodLP671.png
SnakewoodLP672.png
SnakewoodLP673.png
SnakewoodLP674.png
SnakewoodLP675.png
SnakewoodLP676.png
SnakewoodLP677.png
SnakewoodLP678.png
SnakewoodLP679.png
SnakewoodLP680.png
SnakewoodLP681.png
SnakewoodLP682.png
SnakewoodLP683.png

SnakewoodLP685.png

So that was a lot of text. But it does explain a lot of crap that the main character was wondering. It's about time someone told me the truth. Well, now I can move on, but there are a few more people in here to talk to first.

SnakewoodLP686.png

SnakewoodLP687.png

That's kind of this whole game honestly.

SnakewoodLP688.png

SnakewoodLP689.png

SnakewoodLP690.png

Is this what it's like before war?

SnakewoodLP691.png
SnakewoodLP14.png
SnakewoodLP693.png
SnakewoodLP694.png
SnakewoodLP695.png
SnakewoodLP697.png
SnakewoodLP15.png

Ah, I see we're going to those levels huh. YOU DON'T THINK THE SAME WAY I DO! YOU'RE OBVIOUSLY A NAZI! Also, it's a zombie apocolypse, is it really wise to fire people that are working for you?

SnakewoodLP699.png

Whatever you say buddy.

SnakewoodLP700.png

SnakewoodLP701.png

He's not lying, just to the right are a bunch of those floating heads.

SnakewoodLP16.png

All three of these scientists say the same thing. But now that I've talked to everyone, or most importantly to ALICIA, I can proceed left

SnakewoodLP702.png

SnakewoodLP703.png

SnakewoodLP704.png

SnakewoodLP705.png

SnakewoodLP707.png

Nope. This puzzle is really stupid. I'm not going to bother. I might come back later to do this.

SnakewoodLP708.png

On Route 114, you can find Zangoose. As we saw a few parts back, Zangoose has an evolution, and it's pretty decent, so I'm going to capture one.

SnakewoodLP711.png
SnakewoodLP710.png
SnakewoodLP713.png
SnakewoodLP718.png

Outside of Zangoose, you can find the same Pokémon as usual, just at a higher level. Swablu in particular is only a couple levels off from when it evolves, so if you want an Altaria, you can get one much easier.

SnakewoodLP723.png

I eventually find and catch a Zangoose with the nature that I want, Jolly. There's only one problem, it doesn't have Swords Dance. It's still pretty strong. I go back to the Name Rater and name it Sonic, based off of everyone's favorite Blue Blur, Sonic the Hedgehog. (Side note, the movie is actually not bad imo)

I replace Bruno the Hariyama for Sonic. There's a good possibility that I'll regret that.

SnakewoodLP722.png

I also catch a Surskit. It has a new move that is basically Scald, but much weaker.

And that will do it for this part. Next part will be up next Tuesday some time. I'm trying to get these out when I have a day off work and I have no plans. I'm trying to make sure that this playthrough is finished before 2022 or something lol. Have a nice day.

Littleroot & Route 101
Petalburg Gym
Mush Mask
Rock Smash rocks:
Route 116
Rusturf Tunnel
Route 108

Abandoned Ship
Dive spot in Dewford
Fossil Maniac puzzle on Route 114. (I may not do this)

Attachments

Last edited:
Hello, so in a previous part, I mentioned that trade evolution Pokémon can't evolve. Well, it turns out that was I was wrong about that. Graveler and Kadabra evolve at level 45, while Machoke evolves with happiness. I don't know where I heard they don't evolve, sorry about that. I'll edit that part out.

SnakewoodLP17.png

SnakewoodLP18.png

Jerry the great

Banned deucer.
Hello, so in a previous part, I mentioned that trade evolution Pokémon can't evolve. Well, it turns out that was I was wrong about that. Graveler and Kadabra evolve at level 45, while Machoke evolves with happiness. I don't know where I heard they don't evolve, sorry about that. I'll edit that part out.

View attachment 227308
View attachment 227309
How'd you find that out anyways?

I lied again. Part 24 is up earlier than planned. I got today off so here I am for part 24. Let's go.

Edit: Removed an attachment. It was just a screenshot of the edit page lol.

An Explosion:
imageforreply.jpg

Jerry the great: I was watching an LP of this game's postgame for reasons that will be explained in the next part. The person I watched had a Golem, which lead to me going to the wiki for Snakewood.

Yung Dramps & yourDeadGrandad: I believe when she says "The Lord (or the LORD) she's referring to Lord Gravetric, and not God. I wouldn't be surprised if they made a reference to God in this hack.

SnakewoodLP643.png

In the last part, I went to visit Alicia in Fallarbor Town, and she told me the truth. In today's part we'll explore route 114.

However, before that, I decide to go and do some grinding. I train everybody up to level 45. With that, it brings some evolutions.

SnakewoodLP726.png

SnakewoodLP728.png

SnakewoodLP730.png

SnakewoodLP731.png

First is Steven the Metang, who evolves into a powerful Metagross. I think it's safe to say that this will probably be one of my most powerful Pokémon for a while.

SnakewoodLP733.png

Next is Potential the Sectretegg. Let's see what it evolves into.

SnakewoodLP734.png

It's a f***ing egg. Obviously. It hatched from an egg into an egg, that then evolved into an egg, and then evolved into an egg again. That's Pokémon Snakewood for ya fellas.

SnakewoodLP732.png

SnakewoodLP735.png

And here's a little before and after for it's stats. As you can see, it's HP is absolutely insane. That's because it has the following stats: 255/65/100/45/100/50. Yep. It has the same HP as Blissey with 20 times more defense. It also has Shell Armor. This thing is stupid. Literally stupid. This thing has no right being as overpowered as it is. Outside of strong Fighting type moves or set-up sweepers, this thing won't die. It also learns Soft-boiled. The creator must have had no idea what he was doing when making this.

SnakewoodLP17.png

I also kind of had an empty slot in the team, so I go back and catch a Qwilfish.

SnakewoodLP14.png

SnakewoodLP16.png

Speaking of, Qwilfish has an evolution in this game. It evolves at level 33. It has the following stats: 80/115/80/85/80/100. It's got some decent stats. It's Sp. Attack and speed aren't as crazy as some other Pokémon or Fakemon, but it's still really good. It's also incredibly overpowered, but for a different reason that the egg. If you surf on the water in Route 103, you can find wild Qwilfish at level 33. You can catch one at a level close to that and very easily get access to Qwilshark. The wild Qwilfish have Headbutt, and you can teach it Surf which is STAB. You could very easily sweep through a decent portion of the game with only Qwilshark. I go back to the name rater and name it Reaves, after Keanu Reaves. It was the first nickname that came to mind.

SnakewoodLP22.png

SnakewoodLP23.png

SnakewoodLP24.png

Or just level up a Graveler to level 45 and you'll be able to get one. They ain't gonna let me live that one down, or something.

SnakewoodLP25.png

FRIENDSHIP! OF COURSE THAT'S WHAT ME AND ALICIA WILL USE TO BEAT THE FOUR HORSEMEN! YOU'RE A GENIUS.

SnakewoodLP24.png

SnakewoodLP26.png

SnakewoodLP27.png

SnakewoodLP28.png

Not really.

SnakewoodLP29.png

SnakewoodLP30.png

SnakewoodLP31.png

I guess that makes sense? Never thought of that.

SnakewoodLP35.png

This is on par with "I am sitting"

SnakewoodLP36.png

SnakewoodLP37.png

SnakewoodLP38.png

Wait. I thought you guys got fired when you lost? RETCON! REEEEEEE

SnakewoodLP212.png
SnakewoodLP214.png
SnakewoodLP215.png
SnakewoodLP216.png

SnakewoodLP39.png
SnakewoodLP40.png
SnakewoodLP41.png
SnakewoodLP42.png
SnakewoodLP43.png
SnakewoodLP44.png
SnakewoodLP45.png
SnakewoodLP46.png
SnakewoodLP47.png
SnakewoodLP48.png
SnakewoodLP49.png
SnakewoodLP50.png
SnakewoodLP51.png
SnakewoodLP52.png
SnakewoodLP53.png
SnakewoodLP54.png
SnakewoodLP55.png
SnakewoodLP56.png
SnakewoodLP209.png

So me and Alicia are going to take the Four Horsemen down! In the next part. But before that, I go back and train some of the Pokémon in my box. So before I go, let's have a little "montage" of evolutions.

SnakewoodLP217.png

SnakewoodLP218.png

First is Zigzagoon. Zigzagoon has a 3rd evolution in this game. It evolves at level 41 and it's stats are: 88/97/50/78/175/78. It's stats are very bizarre. It loses 11 points in defense, and 22 in speed, but gets 114 in Sp. Attack. It's also Normal/Dragon and has Bulletproof as one of it's abilities. I don't really know how Bulletproof works in this game, if it's the same as it is in X & Y and beyond. It's not terrible, but it has a low Defense stat and isn't all that fast. I probably won't use it, but it's still a decent option. It does learn some decent moves though.

SnakewoodLP219.png

SnakewoodLP220.png

Next is Mightyena. And I already know what all of you are thinking, and yes, that is a Zoroark. It just has a different name, stats and ability. It's stats are: 85/112/70/100/73/93. It also has Intimidate and Limber as it's abilities. It evolves via friendship. It's pretty good. It's frail, but unlike Dragoone it has respectable offenses and speed. It's biggest issue in my opinion is that it only gets Crunch at level 1, so you have to reteach it. I will say, if this thing was actually a Zoroark, instead of some rip-off it would have been better. Instead we're stuck with the crappy generic cereal version instead. (Although I do quite enjoy generic cereal)

SnakewoodLP219.png

SnakewoodLP743.png

SnakewoodLP744.png

Next is Slakoth. Slakoth has an alternative evolution in this game. It evolves at level 36 in the same way Wurmple does. It's based on it's personality. Fortunately that means that Slaking is still in this game. Unfortunately that means that which evolution you get is basically random. Even more unfortunately is that it's stats: 97/93/65/127/65/112 are drastically different compared to Slaking. Slaking is more physically offensive while Vigourlan is more special oriented. It's also Normal/Psychic and has Vital Spirit. It's not bad. It's frail (noticing a pattern here. . .) but has good Sp. Attack and Speed. It can also kind of make use of it's Normal typing because it has an alright Attack stat. The biggest problem with this Fakemon is that it's random if you can even get it, and you have to deal with Slakoth.

SnakewoodLP01.png

SnakewoodLP214.png

SnakewoodLP216.png

SnakewoodLP211.png

Next is Calfby. I'm pretty sure when I first encountered this thing, I mentioned that it could evolve into Miltank, Tauros, and a third evolution. That third evolution is Ramshaker, another Normal/Psychic type Pokémon with the following stats: 80/70/85/80/105/60 and Thick Fat and Huge Power as it's abilities. It's pretty strong. If you get one with Huge Power, than you can dish out some damage. It's also got a bit more bulk. It's slow unfortunately, and it's a pain to get too. Calfby evolves at level 31, and if it's Attack > Defense it will evolve into Tauros, Defense < Attack will result in Miltank, and Attack = Defense will result in Ramshaker. Huge Power is also arguably better than Thick Fat, so it has to have the right ability before evolving too.

SnakewoodLP19.png

SnakewoodLP21.png

SnakewoodLP20.png

SnakewoodLP22.png

And lastly I just wanted to show you guys that Magnezone is in this game. It has the same stats and abilities as it usually does. It's moveset is similar to Magneton's moveset in Gen 3. It's a neat little addition and I can appreciate the fact that it's in the game naturally and isn't a rip-off evolution.

SnakewoodLP209.png

And that will do it for this part. In the next part we'll storm Meteor Falls and fight the Four Horsemen of the Apocolypse alongside Alicia. The next part will be up Tuesday like this part was supposed to be. Have a nice day.

Littleroot & Route 101
Petalburg Gym
Mush Mask
Rock Smash rocks:
Route 116
Rusturf Tunnel
Route 108

Abandoned Ship
Dive spot in Dewford

Attachments

Last edited:
Hello. I'm here for part 25. Part 24 is up already for any who may have missed it. Warning, I get a bit heated in this part. Let's go.

Xaviere: We'll cut them down with the power of friendship! Yay!

SnakewoodLP21.png

In the last part, I explored route 114 and met Chloe, who told me the plan to take down the Four Horsemen. In today's part we'll go in to Meteor Falls and take them on.

SnakewoodLP211.png

SnakewoodLP212.png

Let's go Alicia!

SnakewoodLP39.png

And here we are. Meteor Falls hasn't changed much in this rom.

SnakewoodLP40.png

SnakewoodLP42.png

SnakewoodLP43.png

SnakewoodLP44.png

We're getting closer to what may be the final confrontation.

SnakewoodLP45.png

And now the game decides to tease me with an item.

SnakewoodLP46.png

SnakewoodLP47.png

SnakewoodLP48.png

SnakewoodLP49.png

And now we've got renamed Iron Tail. I can't remember if I showed this move before. It's basically a buffed Iron Tail. Why the creator made the accuracy 81 is weird. But then again back in these games Pin Missile was 14 base power so I guess it isn't that weird. I don't teach it to Snek because it doesn't really hit anything important.

SnakewoodLP50.png

I didn't mention it before but we can access much more of Meteor Falls because you don't need Waterfall to access the higher areas. Also there are Strength boulders, I'll come back for those later. Added to the list

SnakewoodLP51.png

But before I can make it to the Horsemen, this Hombone decided to show himself. This wouldn't be a terrible place to pick one up. It can evolve quickly.

SnakewoodLP52.png

All right Horsmen, let's do this! Wait why is Alicia standing next to them?

SnakewoodLP53.png
SnakewoodLP54.png
SnakewoodLP55.png
SnakewoodLP56.png
SnakewoodLP57.png
SnakewoodLP58.png
SnakewoodLP60.png
SnakewoodLP62.png
SnakewoodLP63.png
SnakewoodLP64.png
SnakewoodLP65.png
SnakewoodLP66.png

DUN DUN DUN! WABAM! PLOT TWIST!

SnakewoodLP67.png
SnakewoodLP68.png
SnakewoodLP69.png
SnakewoodLP70.png
SnakewoodLP71.png
SnakewoodLP72.png
SnakewoodLP73.png
SnakewoodLP74.png
SnakewoodLP75.png
SnakewoodLP76.png
SnakewoodLP77.png
SnakewoodLP78.png
SnakewoodLP79.png
SnakewoodLP80.png
SnakewoodLP81.png
SnakewoodLP82.png
SnakewoodLP83.png
SnakewoodLP84.png
SnakewoodLP85.png
SnakewoodLP86.png
SnakewoodLP87.png
SnakewoodLP88.png
SnakewoodLP89.png
SnakewoodLP90.png
SnakewoodLP91.png
SnakewoodLP92.png
SnakewoodLP94.png
SnakewoodLP95.png
SnakewoodLP96.png
SnakewoodLP97.png
SnakewoodLP98.png
SnakewoodLP99.png
SnakewoodLP100.png
SnakewoodLP101.png
SnakewoodLP102.png
SnakewoodLP103.png
SnakewoodLP104.png
SnakewoodLP105.png
SnakewoodLP106.png
SnakewoodLP107.png
SnakewoodLP108.png
SnakewoodLP109.png
SnakewoodLP110.png
SnakewoodLP111.png

SnakewoodLP112.png

And now it's all out there. Everything she told me in part 23 was a lie. I don't know my past. But that doesn't matter anymore. All that matters is beating the Horsemen. Alicia being one of the Four Horsmen just means I have one more a** to whoop. LET'S DO THIS!

SnakewoodLP113.png

Her first Pokémon is her Sableye. I send out Potential first because Hyperegg is incredibly overpowered.

SnakewoodLP114.png

Her Sableye is really annoying because she likes to use Protect. Also I didn't have animations on because I spent so much time training against Wattson.

SnakewoodLP115.png

SnakewoodLP116.png

SnakewoodLP117.png

I use Eruption because Egg Bomb is useless right now. This is also a taste of how bulky Potential is. To be fair, Sableye doesn't have greagt Sp. Attack, but he does so little damage it's like I'm 15 - 20 levels above him.

SnakewoodLP118.png

SnakewoodLP119.png

SnakewoodLP120.png

SnakewoodLP121.png

SnakewoodLP122.png

I use Eruption until I run out of PP for it. It is at this point that I realized I wasted all of my Water Spout PP fighting those Inquisition members outside. Whoops.

SnakewoodLP123.png

SnakewoodLP124.png

SnakewoodLP125.png

Before he fainted, he used a new move. Again, I can't remember if I mentioned it before, but Crystalstorm is a Steel type move 150 base power and 88 accuracy. It's really strong but you can't move the turn after using it.

SnakewoodLP126.png

Next up is this thing. I showed it off in the last part.

SnakewoodLP128.png

Her Gigawolf has Swords Dance. This thing is a giant threat.

SnakewoodLP129.png

Or it would be if I didn't have Spore. Parasect has surprised me so far with how useful he's been.

SnakewoodLP130.png

Still does f*ck all with Leech Life though.

SnakewoodLP131.png
SnakewoodLP132.png
SnakewoodLP133.png
SnakewoodLP134.png
SnakewoodLP135.png
SnakewoodLP137.png
SnakewoodLP138.png

I decide to send it Snek to Haze away his Swords Dance boost. I also do some damage with Poison Tail before being knocked out. Also Meaty Bell is just a renamed Shell Bell.

SnakewoodLP139.png

SnakewoodLP140.png

I send out Mewtwo? and use Spore.

SnakewoodLP141.png

SnakewoodLP142.png

SnakewoodLP143.png

SnakewoodLP144.png

I then send out Steven because he's one of my hardest hitters. I also know that Earthquake won't do too much to me with out a Swords Dance boost. I do manage to take the Gigawolf out.

SnakewoodLP145.png

SnakewoodLP146.png

I send Mewtwo? out and try to use Spore on her Bannete, completely forgetting that it has Insomnia. Whoops.

SnakewoodLP147.png
SnakewoodLP148.png
SnakewoodLP149.png
SnakewoodLP151.png
SnakewoodLP152.png

I eventually take it out with Steven.

SnakewoodLP153.png

Her next Pokémon is an annoying Dusclops.

SnakewoodLP154.png
SnakewoodLP155.png
SnakewoodLP157.png
SnakewoodLP158.png
SnakewoodLP159.png

I whittle it down with Surf.

SnakewoodLP162.png

It then wakes up and uses Endure. I have no idea why it has Endure. There are so many other moves it could have instead.

SnakewoodLP163.png

SnakewoodLP164.png

SnakewoodLP165.png

I eventually take it out, but not without getting hit in the process.

SnakewoodLP167.png
SnakewoodLP168.png
SnakewoodLP169.png
SnakewoodLP170.png
SnakewoodLP172.png
SnakewoodLP173.png
SnakewoodLP174.png

Her next Pokémon is a Gengar that likes to use Hypnosis. Every time I wake up, it puts me back to sleep. It got some insane luck with landing Hypnosis.

SnakewoodLP175.png

SnakewoodLP176.png

Eventually after spam healing for way to long, I use Psychic once and obliterate her Gengar in one hit. I honestly didn't think it would one shot, but Metagross does have pretty good Sp. Attack.

SnakewoodLP177.png

SnakewoodLP178.png

Her last Pokémon is a Weavile that I destroy with a single Rock Smash. That's right, Weavile is in this game. It evolves from Sneasel with max happiness. It does get some decent physical moves, but still has awful Sp. Attack meaning it can't properly use it's STABs.

SnakewoodLP180.png

:fukyu: THAT'S WHAT YA GET! Now to get the other fools.

SnakewoodLP182.png

Oh yeah?

SnakewoodLP183.png

Bruh who are you.

SnakewoodLP184.png
SnakewoodLP185.png
SnakewoodLP186.png
SnakewoodLP187.png
SnakewoodLP188.png
SnakewoodLP189.png
SnakewoodLP191.png
SnakewoodLP192.png
SnakewoodLP193.png
SnakewoodLP194.png

Uh how about no?

SnakewoodLP195.png

SnakewoodLP196.png

SnakewoodLP198.png

I just dipped lmao.

SnakewoodLP197.png

I somehow managed to jump onto the S.S. Cangrejo. Pretty convenient that this was here. Now you guys must be INCREDIBLY confused. So let's just go over what happened. I made my way to the Four Horsmen, where I found out that Alicia was secretly War, on of the Horsmen. I then obliterated her team, but before I got a chance to fight Famine or Pestilence, I meet Death, the fourth Horesmen. He then sends them somewhere (I don't know where the Four Horsemen are from apologies) before trying to eliminate me. I then jump into the water onto the S.S. Cangrejo. All with in the time span of like 5 minutes. And with all of that said, that's the end of the Four Horsmen. Their story ends here. I'm like, 99% sure that they don't show up EVER again in the game. I don't think they're even mentioned ever again.

Now, rant time. But before I do that, a quick disclaimer, AND I WANT TO MAKE THIS PERFECTLY CLEAR: I don't want anyone to send the creator hate, he didn't do anything terrible, let's not say that he's the second incarnation of Hitler. He just made a broken mess of a ROM hack. Okay? Okay.

So the creator introduces a villain, or in this case, 4 villains, and he spends the first half of the game hyping them up as the ultimate bad that you have to defeat as the protagonist. Everyone in the game mentions them like they're the destroyer of worlds, and defeating them is supposed to be this incredibly climatic, intense battle! There's even a big plot twist that one of the characters you meet at the very beginning of the game is secretly one of them. And what does he do with them? He has you engage them in a secluded area with no one else around, has you fight one of them, and then just decides, "Eh, I'm bored with these characters. They aren't fun to me, so I don't care about them. It doesn't matter that they've been the primary antagonists the whole game. It doesn't matter that Alicia is secretly one of them. No, the true evil of this game is going to be some rando that's been in the east. Nobody's mentioned them yet so I'll just randomly bring them up right before the player fights the Four Horsemen, and then just not have them in the game ever again. That's not bad game design." Which is COMPLETE BULLSH*IT. YOU CAN'T JUsT HYPE UP A GROUP OF VILLIANS AND MAKE THEM OUT TO BE THE BIG BAD OF THE GAME, JUST TO GET RID OF THEM HALF WAY THROUGH. THAT'S BAD GAME DESIGN. I mean, maybe if this bad guy in the east was mentioned earlier in the game, then maybe it would be ok. But I'm pretty sure that the first time "East" as I'll be calling "them" is mentioned is by Chloe on route 114, mere minutes away from the fight with the Horsemen. You know what I say to that? :fukyu: you. :fukyu: you and :fukyu: this game. Stupid. Really stupid. I get it, it's your first time making a ROM hack. I get it ok. That doesn't excuse this. The glitches I could handle. The stupid text I could handle. The bad level curve I could handle. Hell, even the broken Fakemon were tolerable. But this just feels like a slap to the face. End rant.

If one of the mods sees this and think it's inappropriate, then I'll remove it.

I'll be honest, I love this hack. The Fakemon are pretty cool, the setting is cool, and even if it doesn't fit, the silly, goofy, random text is fun. I like this game. There are just a few REALLY big issues with this hack. And this right here is one of them. I apologize for getting so heated. That will be all for this part. And please, let's keep it civil in the thread. I don't want to hear that multiple posts were deleted. Have a nice day.

Littleroot & Route 101
Petalburg Gym
Mush Mask
Strength boulder in Meteor Falls
Rock Smash rocks:
Route 116
Rusturf Tunnel
Route 108

Abandoned Ship
Dive spot in Dewford

Attachments

Jerry the great

Banned deucer.
Well dang. How convenient that ship was there right when Death was about to kill him. Also, their plan of overpowering him and then killing him was genius. Seriously, I don't think I've seen that kind of genius in ANY of the main series games (besides BW1 Ghetsis).
Also, about my reply to the rant, it may seem like I'm being offensive towards the creator, but in actuality, I'm just disappointed with his decision. He's not a bad person. He just made a terrible game design choice.
Yeah I fully agree that making someone the supposed big bad of the game, but the true big bad which hasn't even been mentioned yet in the story, entirely replaces the four horsemen only halfway through, is a terrible idea. I mean come on! Why would the creator be so stupid as to implement such?! Seriously. I can excuse the glitches because it's his first ever ROM. I can excuse the overpowered fakemons as the game would go from challenging to obsurd if you couldn't use them. I can excuse the level curves... Ehh somewhat. I've already stated in the past how much I hate unneeded level curves. But even so, it's more of a minor inconvenience than a legitimate issue. Except for platinum's Pokemon league where I had to spend, not even over exaggerating, an entire day dedicated to grinding my entire team up to level 62 or higher just to beat it. I still to this very day am ticked off about ever having to grind, let alone for a whole day, just to beat the game. But other than that, unneeded level curves are at least tolerable for me. But THIS?! THIS?!?!?!?! Come on! This is beyond stupid! How could the creator just... Let this happen?! Seriously! I'd go on farther, but as I've come to learn, negativity is an addictive and dangerous feeling. So I must know when to stop. But still... I would've asked him if he was out of his mind to think it was OK to do this if I was actually there to watch him create this. Hopefully, the creator is already aware this is a huge issue and not to do it again if he ever makes another ROM again.

Hello, I'm here for part 26. Don't worry, I won't be as heated this time. Let's go.

Mega-Pokebattlerz: Yeah, there are a few things in this game that make it an unenjoyable experience.

Jerry the great: Yeah, I love gen 4, but the level curve at the end of the game is awful. If it wasn't for the fact that I could re-battle Wattson for some good experience I would be incredibly underleveled. The part I'm most excited about is the last part, because it will be a review of this hack, and I will have TONS to say.

SnakewoodLP65.png

In the last part, I made my way to Meteor Falls and fought Alicia, who reveled that she was actually War, one of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse. I then jumped into the water where the S.S. Cangrejo just happened to be. In today's part, I'll be exploring this submarine.

SnakewoodLP198.png

SnakewoodLP199.png

Here's my team after the fight with War. Thinking back, I shouldn't have let Snek get knocked out by that Gigawolf, she could have easily beaten the rest of Alicia War's team, but oh well. And to clarify, the only reason that I went to level 45, even though I wasn't doing a nuzlocke is so I wouldn't get destroyed in that fight. The level curve will catch up real quick, don't you worry. Now let's see what's going on around these parts.

SnakewoodLP23.png

This guy is still here. Respect?

SnakewoodLP25.png

You can literally just jump down without even talking to Usher, the guy piloting(?) the sub lol.

SnakewoodLP26.png
SnakewoodLP27.png
SnakewoodLP28.png
SnakewoodLP301.png
SnakewoodLP303.png
SnakewoodLP30.png
SnakewoodLP31.png
SnakewoodLP32.png
SnakewoodLP33.png
SnakewoodLP34.png
SnakewoodLP35.png
SnakewoodLP36.png
SnakewoodLP37.png

Now I can fix the elevator that I couldn't fix the last time I was here. Now how do I fix said elevator? Take a guess. It's pretty obscure.

SnakewoodLP41.png

It's with Thundershock. It has to be Thundershock, no other electric move will work. And if you are wondering, Magneton did evolve, but I reset. I only wanted to show that Magnezone is in this game.

SnakewoodLP38.png

SnakewoodLP39.png

SnakewoodLP40.png

SnakewoodLP42.png

SnakewoodLP43.png

SnakewoodLP44.png

SnakewoodLP45.png

Nice.

SnakewoodLP46.png

Also in the room with the pc, you can ride on the vespa. No idea why you can do this but it's hilarious. Just imagine Usher comes down here and sees me riding on my vespa. lol

SnakewoodLP48.png

SnakewoodLP47.png

SnakewoodLP50.png

Nice door opening animation you've got there.

SnakewoodLP51.png

Nice tiling you've got there.

SnakewoodLP52.png

SnakewoodLP53.png

SnakewoodLP54.png

SnakewoodLP55.png

SnakewoodLP56.png

That's odd. I do believe you can eventually log into the computers here. So that means that I'll be here a third time.

SnakewoodLP57.png

SnakewoodLP58.png

SnakewoodLP59.png

SnakewoodLP61.png

SnakewoodLP62.png

SnakewoodLP63.png

There are a few Pokémon that you can catch down on this lower level. I catch the Ditto and Spheal. I name the Spheal, Seel with a PH" because it's name is litterally SEEL but with a P and a H. (And an A but that would wouldn't fit)

SnakewoodLP64.png

Nice area you can't access. Also the tiling is completely different compared to the rest of the sub.

SnakewoodLP65.png

SnakewoodLP66.png

Guess what I have to do to access this warp panel.

SnakewoodLP69.png

SnakewoodLP70.png

SnakewoodLP71.png

SnakewoodLP72.png

SnakewoodLP73.png

Yet again, another obscure way of making progress.

SnakewoodLP74.png

SnakewoodLP75.png

SnakewoodLP76.png

SnakewoodLP77.png

SnakewoodLP78.png

SnakewoodLP79.png

SnakewoodLP80.png

SnakewoodLP81.png

SnakewoodLP82.png

And now I'm in Foretree. As you can see, Foretree is different from how it is in the normal games. And because last part was filled with tons of salt, I'll refrain from talking about Foretree until later. But that will do it for this part. The next part will be out soon, because of the the thing that the internet and the media won't stop talking about, I've been temporarily laid off. So to those that watching this trainwreck of a hack, rejoice. Have a nice day.

Littleroot & Route 101
Petalburg Gym
Mush Mask
Rock Smash rocks:
Route 116
Rusturf Tunnel
Route 108

Abandoned Ship
Dive spot in Dewford
[/HIDE

Attachments

Jerry the great

Banned deucer.
Hey, at least the creator was smart enough to give you the right Pokemon with the right moves right before said area where you need a very specific move to go on. But... Say you had no Poke Balls left before entering the ship and entered it. Would that make it to where you have no way of leaving the ship, therefore no way of beating the game? Or is there free Poke balls in the ship? If there isn't, then I feel bad for anyone who played this, saved after the scene with Death, and had no Poke balls.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Hey, at least the creator was smart enough to give you the right Pokemon with the right moves right before said area where you need a very specific move to go on. But... Say you had no Poke Balls left before entering the ship and entered it. Would that make it to where you have no way of leaving the ship, therefore no way of beating the game? Or is there free Poke balls in the ship? If there isn't, then I feel bad for anyone who played this, saved after the scene with Death, and had no Poke balls.
To add on to this: Is there ANYTHING in-game that so much as hints at these obscure move-based things being required to progress? This entire segment reeks of strategy guide bait level design without guides to sell and a hint of potential softlock material. Fellow observers want to think this could be enjoyed as a so bad it's good deal, but honestly this crap along with the last part and several other dumb things that have happened before just make it seem more frustrating than anything.

I normally wait until the next part to reply, but no, there is not a soft-lock in this area. There are two ways of getting Pokeballs in this area.

SnakewoodLP304.png

SnakewoodLP305.png

SnakewoodLP306.png

SnakewoodLP307.png

SnakewoodLP309.png

SnakewoodLP312.png

SnakewoodLP313.png

The first set are located right next to the Arclight Spanner, and the second is in this room with the PC. If you use the spanner on this machine, then it gives you infinite Pokeballs. I did mention this machine the first time I was here, but that was all the way back in part 9. I just tested it out, and if you faint to the wild Pokémon, you're sent back to the last place you healed at, even if you used the bed. Then you just go back to Meteor Falls and jump right back into the sub. This works both times. I wonder if this place at one point was an area that had soft-lock potential. For all the crap this game has, at least I can potentially give the creator props for this.

Attachments

Jerry the great

Banned deucer.
I normally wait until the next part to reply, but no, there is not a soft-lock in this area. There are two ways of getting Pokeballs in this area.

View attachment 230142
View attachment 230143
View attachment 230144
View attachment 230146
View attachment 230147
View attachment 230148
View attachment 230149

The first set are located right next to the Arclight Spanner, and the second is in this room with the PC. If you use the spanner on this machine, then it gives you infinite Pokeballs. I did mention this machine the first time I was here, but that was all the way back in part 9. I just tested it out, and if you faint to the wild Pokémon, you're sent back to the last place you healed at, even if you used the bed. Then you just go back to Meteor Falls and jump right back into the sub. This works both times. I wonder if this place at one point was an area that had soft-lock potential. For all the crap this game has, at least I can potentially give the creator props for this.
Whew... That's a relief that the creator actually thought of this. Especially considering some of the stuff he didn't think about...

Hello, I'm here for part 27. Let's go.

Edit: Hello, I'm just adding this to let you guys know that I'm going to try to make these parts a longer. This LP is kind of starting to drag on in my opinion, so I'd like to finish this sooner rather than later. It will also make these parts more interesting when more than one important thing happens per part.

CoolMan6001: Uhhhhh. . . . let me get back to you on that one lol

Yung Dramps: There really aren't any hints. I'm pretty sure if you went back to Usher, he just says the same thing. Also, if you think this is bad, wait until some of the post-game areas. Those are REALLY dumb.

Jerry the great: Yeah, I was thinking about it and the only way that I could think of that someone could soft-lock themselves is if they did something similar to Pikasprey's Electrode video. There is a decent chance that they knew about a potential soft-lock as well.

SnakewoodLP80.png

In the last part, I explored the S.S. Cangrejo, and dealt with it's dumb puzzles. In this part, I'll explore route 119, and visit the Prison. Before that I would just like to mention that while I was making this part, I almost lost a whole bunch of progress on my save file. I was moving files around and almost fu**ed everything. :facepalm: It's all good though. I only lost maybe 20 minutes.

SnakewoodLP83.png

SnakewoodLP84.png

SnakewoodLP85.png

SnakewoodLP86.png

Now we've got a new kind of zombie. Battlezombies. I don't remember if they explain why these guys are different, but if I had to guess it's because these ones "belong" to the big bad of the east.

SnakewoodLP87.png

SnakewoodLP88.png

SnakewoodLP89.png

The battlezombie wasn't too difficult to beat. It did have a new zombie Pokémon however.

SnakewoodLP314.png

SnakewoodLP315.png

SnakewoodLP316.png

SnakewoodLP318.png

SnakewoodLP319.png

Looks like things are getting serious now. Even the zombies are tougher. Good thing I trained my team up to a high level.

SnakewoodLP201.png

SnakewoodLP207 (2).png

SnakewoodLP203.png

SnakewoodLP204.png

SnakewoodLP210.png

I can't lie, I like the idea of the zombies being physically strong. In the normal games, when you beat the big bad guy of that game, they're all like, "Oh no you beat me in a Pokémon battle! I totally can't do anything!" I think that's kind of dumb. I mean, some of them could probably just punch the main character in the face and knock them unconscious. In this, the main character doesn't mess around with the zombies. Also I had to retake these next few images, so there's inconsistency with Reaves's HP stat, sorry about that.

SnakewoodLP206.png

SnakewoodLP207.png

And here we meet Larry. He sells Hyper Potions, so I pick some of those up. (In my main save). At least I can get some of these now, because I know in a rom hack like Dark Rising, by the time you get Hyper Potions you're Pokémon are like, level 60 or 70 lol.

SnakewoodLP208.png
SnakewoodLP209.png
SnakewoodLP210.png
SnakewoodLP211.png
SnakewoodLP212.png
SnakewoodLP213.png
SnakewoodLP214.png
SnakewoodLP215.png
SnakewoodLP217.png
SnakewoodLP218.png

Before entering the Weather Institute, which is now a prison, I'm stopped by this battlezombie. And I've gotta say, outside of the fact that is has no eyes, Miasmar is REALLY dope looking. What's unfortunate is that only two zombie Pokémon are found in the wild. But that's a rant for later. oh also I got flash but no one cares.

SnakewoodLP90.png

SnakewoodLP91.png

SnakewoodLP92.png

SnakewoodLP93.png

It's unfortunate that the Weather Institute looks exactly the same.

SnakewoodLP94.png

SnakewoodLP95.png

SnakewoodLP96.png

Before heading into the vault, I head south to see how far I can go before the game roadblocks me.

SnakewoodLP97.png

It's not far at all. I can pass on the right, so let's go to the vault and whoop everybody.

SnakewoodLP101.png

SnakewoodLP102.png

SnakewoodLP103.png

SnakewoodLP104.png

I'd reckon you're a hostage as well. For what reason, idk.

SnakewoodLP105.png

SnakewoodLP106.png

SnakewoodLP107.png

SnakewoodLP108.png

SnakewoodLP109.png

YOU SHALL NOT PASS!

SnakewoodLP110.png

SnakewoodLP111.png

Now the next zombie has this thing. And I've got to say this: THESE THINGS CAN GO BURN IN THE DEEPEST PITS OF HELL. I ABSOULTUELY DESPISE THESE THINGS. You wanna know why? Because this thing has stupid dumb stats. Take Snorlax's stats, and add 20 to every one. Now you've got this things stats. Don't know Snorlax's stats? That's okay I'll tell you this things stats: 180/130/85/85/130/50. Yeah, that's not overpowered at all. Not one bit. Nope. Not at all. Why this zombie Pokémon has changed stats when pretty much every other zombie Pokémon has the same stats is beyond me. It's stupid. It's almost as stupid as pouring soda into a bowl. I totally didn't almost do that. It hits like a truck, and can tank tons of hits, even on the physical side. In my previous playthrough I always ended up fighting these things with Hyperegg, and every time it would end up being a PP stall until it eventually fainted.

SnakewoodLP112.png

SnakewoodLP113.png

SnakewoodLP114.png

SnakewoodLP115.png

Gorelax is one of the biggest reasons I added Steven to the team. Not only is it a good Pokémon, but it walls Gorelax really well.

SnakewoodLP116.png

SnakewoodLP117.png

it what

SnakewoodLP118.png

SnakewoodLP119.png

During this fight, Potential levels up to level 46.

SnakewoodLP120.png

Oh boy. He's back. Mr. Gleis.

SnakewoodLP121.png
SnakewoodLP122.png
SnakewoodLP123.png
SnakewoodLP124.png
SnakewoodLP125.png
SnakewoodLP126.png
SnakewoodLP127.png
SnakewoodLP128.png
SnakewoodLP129.png
SnakewoodLP130.png
SnakewoodLP2144.png
SnakewoodLP131.png
SnakewoodLP132.png

Well that was a rather quick turn, he didn't try to convince me he was on my side or anything.

SnakewoodLP133.png

SnakewoodLP134.png

SnakewoodLP135.png
SnakewoodLP136.png
SnakewoodLP138.png
SnakewoodLP139.png
SnakewoodLP140.png
SnakewoodLP142.png
SnakewoodLP143.png
SnakewoodLP144.png
SnakewoodLP145.png
SnakewoodLP146.png
SnakewoodLP147.png
SnakewoodLP148.png
SnakewoodLP149.png

He wasn't that hard to beat. Alicia War was much more difficult. I'm just going to spoil it, Alicia is probably the last "Hard" battle for a little while. Honestly that's a good thing. The first half of this game had too many super difficult battles that just came out of left field. But don't worry, the level curve will catch up really quick.

SnakewoodLP150.png
SnakewoodLP151.png
SnakewoodLP152.png
SnakewoodLP154.png
SnakewoodLP155.png
SnakewoodLP156.png
SnakewoodLP157.png
SnakewoodLP158.png
SnakewoodLP159.png
SnakewoodLP160.png
SnakewoodLP161.png
SnakewoodLP162.png
SnakewoodLP163.png
SnakewoodLP164.png
SnakewoodLP165.png
SnakewoodLP166.png
SnakewoodLP167.png
SnakewoodLP168.png
SnakewoodLP169.png
SnakewoodLP170.png
SnakewoodLP171.png

So we've got talking eggs. Sounds about right for this rom hack. And like I mentioned in part 25, I'm pretty sure this is one of the last, if not the last time that the Four Horsemen are brought up.

SnakewoodLP174.png

SnakewoodLP175.png

And that will do it for this part. In the next part I'll explore the second half of route 119. Next part will be up either Thursday or Friday. Have a nice day.

Littleroot & Route 101
Petalburg Gym
Mush Mask
Rock Smash rocks:
Route 116
Rusturf Tunnel
Route 108

Abandoned Ship
Dive spot in Dewford

Attachments

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)