Ask a Simple Question, get a Simple Answer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Giveaways

How does one receive Pokémon from a giveaway? Are they simply traded for untrained Pokémon (Pidgey, for example) or is there some other procedure? (I'm asking specifically in regards to Flora's current giveaway featuring underused Pokémon.)

I have a problem with PO, and I don't know whether I'm supposed to ask it here of not...

Anyway, I've used PO many times, mostly with Windows XP*, belonging to other people. It runs normally without any problems or major glitches. I only ran PO on my own desktop twice. Both times after playing, the computer failed to boot, saying that the Boot was missing or damaged. Both times I was able to reload my Windows and make it run normally. My personal desktop runs Window 7, which I suspect that the problem might have something to do with it. It runs normally on XP but it shuts out my boot sequence on 7. I don't know whether this is a capatability issue or not. However, every time I finish with PO, I just hit shut down without closing out PO, or any programs for that matter. Everytime I run it on XP, I shut out PO before I shut down.

Right now, I have PO deleted on my desktop. Although I know that I can restore Windows, it's a pain to go through the whole process.I'm not going to run it again until I know what is the source of the problem.

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
I run PO on Windows 7 (although side-by-side on a Mac, so the architecture may be slightly different, but I'd imagine it wouldn't make a difference), and I can tell you there are no compatability issues. Try shutting down everything before you Shut Down, and shutting down the computer properly each time. I'd imagine that it is nothing to do with PO, but more to do with the fact you are abusing your computer.

I have a question thats really more opinion based and might not be the right kind of question to ask here but...
Is it worth it to get the new games, or does everybody just play PO? Thats what it seems like to me so is there any point in getting the games anymore?

Athenodoros

I will be getting the new games, for fun. It won't help you if you want to play competitively over simulators except perhaps to learn the Pokemon, but most people will be because they enjoy playing through them. And for questions like this, ask in the same thread in the Uncharted Territory forum, which is the location of general 5th gen questions. This one is specifically for the simulator.

Well, I really like my Pokemon red, blue, gold, and silver games on game boy color. But on the newer generation games they can't seem to learn some of the moves they had before. So I was just wondering, with everybody and their mama using shiny pokesav's with max stats or "legit hacks" would I be wrong to give my favorite Pokemon moves they could have learned on the game boy color, but not in the GBA or DS generation games?

So I'm kind of taking a poll... please tell me how you feel... Be nice please...

Ask in Wifi forum.

Shiny Pokeasavs are ok as long as you tell your opponent as it is possible to get flawless shinies ingame.

Adding illegal moves is not ok as it can not happen ingame without glitches or hacks.

Athenodoros

They will probably be added all in one, to make life easier for the prgrammers (who won't have to keep updating) and the players (who would probably otherwise get confused).

All the names, moves, etc will be updated after the english release. Mostly because the developers want 100% accurate information.

When I'm working with Feraligatr, this problem pops up. Now, Dragon Dance, Aqua Jet, Ice Punc, Earthquake is legal from 4th Gen, but the program says that Dragon Dance and Aqua Jet is an illegal combination.

Athenodoros

Are you sure you are using the correct ability? Failing that, it is probably a glitch, because it can get both from Dragonite as well.

Athenodoros

It was axed because its developer, Cathy, left Smogon, and took her work on PL with her. For some time thereafter, Smogon was without a simulator, but eventually came to PO because of the 5th gen support.

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
It was axed because its developer, Cathy, left Smogon, and took her work on PL with her. For some time thereafter, Smogon was without a simulator, but eventually came to PO because of the 5th gen support.
Completely wrong.

PL was and is open source, so you can't "take the work with you". The only thing Cathy did was to quit actively working on it herself. Nothing stopped anyone else from continuing.

Your computer probably ran out of battery or something and shut down without actually closing the program. You can either wait until your other connection times out, or ask a mod to kick your other nickname.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)