Ask a Simple Question, get a Simple Answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red

I am having touble connecting to a sever...
I am trying to connect to Smogon's but it seems the seve is not updated with the current PO.

also, I tried connecting to another server, but it would not let me. I lifted all of my securities, and I am on a stable connection.

this is the message i am getting:
16:43:44) Connected to Server!

Error while connected to server -- Received error n°1: The remote host closed the connection
(16:44:01) Disconnected from Server!

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
If it is not a security problem, it is probably that your internet is not working properly, or else that the server is down. The fact that you can access our server says that it is probably the other server. Just wait for it to come back up. And yes, we do not run the most recent version of PO, but it will be updated. Just give it time.

I too am unable to connect and have no idea why. I cannot seem to log on to Smogon's server or the beta server but I can log on to others. Any ideas?

EDIT: Now I can get onto the beta but still not onto smogon. And smogon isn't full.

So i have a question: I keep seeing people battling on youtube in the current B/W version, but i dont know how to. I do not posses a DS, so is there any way i can play B/W withought a DS, and mostly battle people online?

Getting the same message as -Red- when I try to join.

"(xx:xx:xx) Connected to Server!
Error while connected to server -- Received error n°1: The remote host closed the connection
(xx:xx:xx) Disconnected from Server!"

Why would this be? Am I banned or ...?

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
No. Try changing your name in the Team Buillder, your name might have been already taken.

If this name you know is yours on Smogon Uni, type it in correctly.

No. Try changing your name in the Team Buillder, your name might have been already taken.

If this name you know is yours on Smogon Uni, type it in correctly.
I suppose I should start registering names on servers, in case people just steal mine :/. I'll change my name and give it a shot.

EDIT: Just tried, to no avail.

Athenodoros

You would have to check what happened last time you were online. You would probably know if you were banned. Keep in mind that it is a fairly generic error, so it needn't necessarily be that you were banned.

You would have to check what happened last time you were online. You would probably know if you were banned. Keep in mind that it is a fairly generic error, so it needn't necessarily be that you were banned.
Well it's been going on now for a few weeks, so I guess I'm just assuming it is probably a ban. However, I have no idea why I would be banned :/. . .and sorry, what do you mean by checking what happened last time I was online?

Athenodoros

I mean whether you suddenly disconnected, annoyed a mod, did something stupid, spammed the chat etc. Also, try going on with a name which it is essentially guaranteed no one has registered, like ubvlkdjfnbpqeuru (although I have registered that, so you'd need another string of random digits).

EDIT: To stop the cluttering of this thread, I'll edit this post. If you suddenly disconnected then you were probably banned if you haven't been able to get on since. And someone will have to check the logs of the last time you were on to see why you were banned. As for how long that will take, I'm not sure, but it will be a nuisance for the person who has to so it.

I mean whether you suddenly disconnected, annoyed a mod, did something stupid, spammed the chat etc. Also, try going on with a name which it is essentially guaranteed no one has registered, like ubvlkdjfnbpqeuru (although I have registered that, so you'd need another string of random digits).
I suddenly disconnected. How long does an appeal take? Or, rather, how are they done? I assume my thread isn't specific enough for a moderator to even try to respond to, and I understand that, but it doesn't resolve this issue..

haunter

Banned deucer.
I suddenly disconnected. How long does an appeal take? Or, rather, how are they done? I assume my thread isn't specific enough for a moderator to even try to respond to, and I understand that, but it doesn't resolve this issue..
Yeah, I just checked and you appear to be banned. I made a quick search and couldn't find the mod who banned you. I'm going to unban you this time as it seems that you've been banned over 2 weeks ago. Note that I'm not going to be this generous again so next time think twice before doing something dumb.

yo guddagudda whats your username on PO i can check if you have been banned for you
I believe it was guddagudda at the time.

EDIT:
Yeah, I just checked and you appear to be banned. I made a quick search and couldn't find the mod who banned you. I'm going to unban you this time as it seems that you've been banned over 2 weeks ago. Note that I'm not going to be this generous again so next time think twice before doing something dumb.
Thank you :). Does it mention reasons for bans on PO? If so, does it say why so I can avoid it this time?

without wanting to sound ungrateful the server is down so much, is there any way of making it more reliable? i really dont like pos server because i love team preview too much and there are so many silly things like banning shandy and all that jazz

hey 2 of my pokemon are missingno and my cacturne only knows Sucker punch
and i have the pokemon in my tB? and my catus know more moves than SP?

what's wrong with this picture

Athenodoros

without wanting to sound ungrateful the server is down so much, is there any way of making it more reliable? i really dont like pos server because i love team preview too much and there are so many silly things like banning shandy and all that jazz
No. But don't worry, it is getting better.

hey 2 of my pokemon are missingno and my cacturne only knows Sucker punch
and i have the pokemon in my tB? and my catus know more moves than SP?

what's wrong with this picture
Your grammar. But if you meant what I think you did, then make sure in the teambuilder that everything is as it should be, try using a different team and then try using a different server, to see what works. If nothing does, try downloading PO again.

I have a random question.

Is it feasible to use Baton Pass just to gain tempo? For example, my opponent decides to switch and I use Baton Pass to switch to a pokemon who counter it and attack?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)