CAP Survivor

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
is an Artistis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Idk why you kids kept on playing after DarkSlay won. After DS's match Plasma's officially won the challenge. But wow, all the matches played early, I am proud of you. I'm tempted to give you all immunity for playing on time... but alas, this is survivor and we need to eliminate people to keep us on schedule. Just know that I love you all and your responsibility made me happy. Grats on Plasmas for the total sweep tho. Overkill much?

Here is how Tribal Council will go down:

-Members from the losing tribe will PM me, HeaLnDeaL, on Smogon or on Discord and say which person from their tribe they are casting their votes for to leave the tribe. Once a vote is cast, it cannot be changed. Do not cast your votes in this thread.
-If anyone has a hidden immunity idol and they would like to play it, he/she must let me know that they are playing it and who they are playing it for (remember, it can only be played to save yourself or someone on your current tribe). This must be done at the SAME time as you cast your vote. Since votes are blind, and won't be revealed to the tribe until everyone from the tribe has cast, this means that this method essentially makes idols work in the "standard" way of the show; idols are activated after voting but before the votes are revealed. Me asking for idols to be declared during the voting process saves us a great deal of time while not impacting the strategy of the usage of idols at all.
-The above means that there are hidden immunity idols (and clues to idols) in this game, you oafs.
-Casting a hidden immunity idol on yourself or another player at tribal council means that you or your chosen tribemate cannot be eliminated and all votes against you or the person protected by the idol will not count. You do not have to play an idol if you have one and you may save it for later. Use it when you think you need it. Casting a single idol can only keep a single person safe, so choose who you protect carefully (most often people choose to protect themselves). Once you play the idol, you will lose it and will not be able to play another unless you find another.
-Members from the losing tribes have 24 hours to cast their votes (and play any hidden immunity idols). If someone on a tribe does not vote, then his/her vote will be for him/herself or for some other throwaway vote unless I can determine what his/her intended vote was.
-If there is a tie after the votes are read, then I will give a 24 hour extension for revotes in which the people with the highest number of votes cannot cast votes and the people casting can ONLY vote for the those with the highest number of votes in the first voting round on that Tribal Council. If the revote results in another tie, then another 24 hour extension will be given for the voters in the revote to come to a unanimous decision of who to vote out. If a decision cannot be made, then the people who had the highest number of votes against them become safe and one of the revoters will be RANDOMLY eliminated from the game. Revotes are rare, so the "standard" time for Tribal Council will be 24 hours and only rarely will it be extended.

Tagging members of the losing tribe:

reachzero Okamu cbrevan Marjane TraceofLife

EDIT: Boober Island people, please finish your matches soon :]

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
Meanwhile, I want both tribes to get some picking business done before the start of the next challenge. But this time, things will go a little bit differently (!!!!). I want the Plasma Tribe to come together and pick one person on the Tomo tribe that they want to sit out of the next challenge (plus an additional person in case their firs choice is voted out at tribal council). I also want the Tomo tribe to pick one person from the Plasma Tribe to sit out of the challenge. However, since the Plasma tribe will have one extra member, the Plasma tribe will also be able to pick one member from their own tribe to sit out of the challenge as well. I will not reveal the challenge until after tribal council and after people have chosen who will be sitting out.

Just to make it clear, Tomo tribe picks one person from Plasma to sit out (plus a backup in case Plasma also picked that person to sit out). Plasma tribe picks one person from their own tribe to sit out and picks a person from Tomo to sit out (plus a back up in case that person was voted out).

Please, tell me your decisions in your current tribal smogon conversations.

reachzero Okamu cbrevan Marjane TraceofLife
DarkSlay jas61292 Snorlax in the way Kyubics LucarioOfLegends

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
Hello Survivors! The Plasma Tribe gets their first look at the new Tomo Tribe; TraceofLife was eliminated at Tribal Council.

The Tomo Tribe chose for jas61292 to sit out of the next challenge. The Plasma Tribe chose reachzero to sit out of the next challenge. The Plasma tribe never said who will be sitting out of their own tribe to even the numbers so I drew from a hat and LucarioOfLegends will be sitting out.

This challenge we will be returning to Bo3 SuMo CAP 3v3, but the banlist will be extended... by a lot. Tapu Lele, Mega Metagross, Aurumoth, Hoopa-U, Kyurem-B, Dragonite, Mega Crucibelle, Pheromosa, Buzzwole, Tailwind, Trick Room, Choice Scarf, and Focus Sash will all be banned. The matchups are as follows:

cbrevan v DarkSlay
Marjane v Snorlax in the way
Okamu v Kyubics

Boober Islanders will be fighting in the same format.

sparktrain v no one; we have an odd number of players so spark gets a bye.
Granny Pie v TraceofLife
GreenGogoatttt v snake_rattler
EDIT: Broken Phobias chose not to fight snake rattler and left the game instead, meaning gggtttt and snake can schedule their match ASAP

The two losers of the above Boober matches face off in normal 6v6 sumo CAP, and the loser of losers is eliminated from Boober Island.

Everyone has 72 hours to get their matches done, but since only a few matches are happening I fully expect us to finish early.

Last edited:

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
Plasma has won Tribal Immunity, meaning that Tomo will have to go to Tribal Council once more!

Here is how Tribal Council will go down:

-Members from the losing tribe will PM me, HeaLnDeaL, on Smogon or on Discord and say which person from their tribe they are casting their votes for to leave the tribe. Once a vote is cast, it cannot be changed. Do not cast your votes in this thread.
-If anyone has a hidden immunity idol and they would like to play it, he/she must let me know that they are playing it and who they are playing it for (remember, it can only be played to save yourself or someone on your current tribe). This must be done at the SAME time as you cast your vote. Since votes are blind, and won't be revealed to the tribe until everyone from the tribe has cast, this means that this method essentially makes idols work in the "standard" way of the show; idols are activated after voting but before the votes are revealed. Me asking for idols to be declared during the voting process saves us a great deal of time while not impacting the strategy of the usage of idols at all.
-The above means that there are hidden immunity idols (and clues to idols) in this game, you oafs.
-Casting a hidden immunity idol on yourself or another player at tribal council means that you or your chosen tribemate cannot be eliminated and all votes against you or the person protected by the idol will not count. You do not have to play an idol if you have one and you may save it for later. Use it when you think you need it. Casting a single idol can only keep a single person safe, so choose who you protect carefully (most often people choose to protect themselves). Once you play the idol, you will lose it and will not be able to play another unless you find another.
-Members from the losing tribes have 24 hours to cast their votes (and play any hidden immunity idols). If someone on a tribe does not vote, then his/her vote will be for him/herself or for some other throwaway vote unless I can determine what his/her intended vote was.
-If there is a tie after the votes are read, then I will give a 24 hour extension for revotes in which the people with the highest number of votes cannot cast votes and the people casting can ONLY vote for the those with the highest number of votes in the first voting round on that Tribal Council. If the revote results in another tie, then another 24 hour extension will be given for the voters in the revote to come to a unanimous decision of who to vote out. If a decision cannot be made, then the people who had the highest number of votes against them become safe and one of the revoters will be RANDOMLY eliminated from the game. Revotes are rare, so the "standard" time for Tribal Council will be 24 hours and only rarely will it be extended.

Tagging members of the losing tribe:

reachzero Okamu cbrevan Marjane

Boober Islanders, I've seen scheduling attempts so Ima let you guys try and finish your first bracket matches tonight. If I have to make an activity call, then anyone losing from activity will just automatically be eliminated without the need for the losers matchup.

snake_rattler GreenGogoatttt Granny Pie TraceofLife

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
The Plasma Tribe gets their first look at the new Tomo Tribe... reachzero was voted out at the last tribal council. He will be moved to Boober Island.

Time to drop your buffs! Congratulations to those of you who have not been voted out yet; you have reached the merge. You will now see a single Smogon Convo and discord channel for your new merged tribe; the Syclant Tribe.

However, the Syclant Tribe is not yet full. We have yet to claim the Boober Champion, and so there will not be a tribal challenge quite yet. Instead, the Final Boober Challenge begins now.

The Final Boober Challenge will be a round robin style tournament in the standard SuMo CAP format. There will be no additional bans. Everyone still on Boober Island will face everyone else. Before the match begins, the players must choose and agree upon Bo1 or Bo3 -- I will not decide, so it's up to you. Please post a screenshot of your agreement plus the replays once each match is over.

Those participating are:
sparktrain (1 w, 2 l)
reachzero (1 w, 1 2)
snake_rattler (4 w, 0 l)
Granny Pie (2 w, 1 l)
TraceofLife (0 w, 2 l)

The person who wins the most matches will earn the fire from a Boober, which will be used to relight their snuffed torch, allowing them to return to the game. All matches must be completed in 72 hours. If someone statistically wins before the 72 hour deadline, then the challenge will end early. If the challenge ends in a tie then the winners will face off again in bo3.

Good luck, and may the Boober be with you.

----- I'll be keeping track of victories in the space below ------

sparktrain vs reachzero | sparktrain vs snake_rattler | sparktrain vs Granny Pie | sparktrain vs TraceofLife
reachzero vs snake_rattler | reachzero vs Granny Pie | reachzero vs TraceofLife
snake_rattler vs Granny Pie | snake_rattle vs TraceofLife
Granny Pie vs TraceofLife

Last edited:

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
So I'm probably giving granny the activity win vs reach since the logs show that reach was online for only 2 minutes out of the scheduled 3 hour time range whereas granny was online for 2.5 hours. I'm still deciding what to do for the other matches since that was the only one with a clearish activity issue.

But holy moly wtf why are some of you scheduling matches waaay past the deadline?

EDIT: I'm extending the deadline until noon tomorrow February 2nd, Eastern Time. From there I will make coin tosses if ambiguous activity cases remain.

sparktrain reachzero Granny Pie snake_rattler TraceofLife

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
snake_rattler wins a decently clear case of activity vs reachzero. From there things got more shaky and I was torn whether or not to give him activity vs trace... snake mischeduled by listing a date past the deadline, but trace never replied... in the end I felt that I had to go to coin toss. snake won the coin toss, meaning he reached 4 victories meaning statistically he won the challenge.

So congratulations snek, you have joined the Syclant Tribe.

But wait... there's more. You guys really didn't think there was more? Tis a shame. For you survivor fans, you might have noticed that on redemption island there are usually three people competing at a time. For a few challenges now, Boober Island has had more... And you might notice that there were only 8 people on the Syclant Tribe, which is very very low for a merged tribe. What does this mean? It means that two people from Boober Island will be joining the Syclant Tribe!

The Boober Islanders have known about this for a while, but the people on the tribes have been purposely kept in the dark. The winner of the Final Boober Challenge, snake_rattler, is guaranteed to go to the merge and join the Syclant Tribe. However, he also gets to pick one other player who made it to the Final Boober Challenge to join him. Thus, he may choose reachzero, Granny Pie, TraceofLife, or sparktrain to migrate with him to the Syclant Tribe. snek has 24 hours to make this decision and he will PM me his choice.

We will now start the first merged tribal challenge (challenge #7, I think) and snake's player of choice will be added to the challenge as soon as possible; this will save time and help get the challenge started right away.

This challenge will work quite differently from most other survivor individual challenges. Every player will be paired up to battle one other player in standard bo3 SuMo CAP with no additional bans; this means there will be five matches total. The five winners of the five matches will ALL win individual immunity. The five losers will be the five players eligible to cast votes against at the proceeding Tribal Council (all 10 people go to tribal, all 10 cast votes, but votes can only be cast for one of the five losers in the challenge). This will be the only challenge in the game where half the Syclant tribe wins challenge immunity, so don't freak out. You have 72 hours to complete your matches. The matchups are as follows:

snake_rattler vs Snorlax in the way
cbrevan
vs Okamu
LucarioOfLegends vs DarkSlay
Marjane vs jas61292
Kyubics vs sparktrain

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
[21:48:18] snake_rattler: ye, i choose sporktrooper

sparktrain will join snek on the Syclant tribe. spark will fight Kyubics in the current challenge.

The other three boober islanders are now officially eliminated. There will be no more boober challenges in the game from here on out. From now on, if someone is eliminated he/she will be sent to the jury where he/she will observe tribal council meetings and at the very end of the game will be able to cast his/her vote for who they believe should be the winner of CAP Survivor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)