CAP Survivor

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
is an Artistis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Time for the first Tribal Council as a merged tribe! All 10 Syclants will go to tribal council and all 10 will cast a vote against one of the losers. The winners of the challenge cannot be voted against.

Snorlax in the way, cbrevan, DarkSlay, jas61292, and sparktrain all won challenge immunity. This means that snake_rattler, Okamu, LucarioOfLegends, Marjane, or Kyubics will be voted out.

Here is how Tribal Council will go down:

-The person being voted out will be moved to the Jury, where he/she will be able to watch future tribal councils and cast a vote of who he/she wishes to win the game at the final tribal council.
-Members from the losing tribe will PM me, HeaLnDeaL, on Smogon or on Discord and say which person from their tribe they are casting their votes for to leave the tribe. Once a vote is cast, it cannot be changed. Do not cast your votes in this thread.
-If anyone has a hidden immunity idol and they would like to play it, he/she must let me know that they are playing it and who they are playing it for (remember, it can only be played to save yourself or someone on your current tribe). This must be done at the SAME time as you cast your vote. Since votes are blind, and won't be revealed to the tribe until everyone from the tribe has cast, this means that this method essentially makes idols work in the "standard" way of the show; idols are activated after voting but before the votes are revealed. Me asking for idols to be declared during the voting process saves us a great deal of time while not impacting the strategy of the usage of idols at all.
-The above means that there are hidden immunity idols (and clues to idols) in this game, you oafs.
-Casting a hidden immunity idol on yourself or another player at tribal council means that you or your chosen tribemate cannot be eliminated and all votes against you or the person protected by the idol will not count. You do not have to play an idol if you have one and you may save it for later. Use it when you think you need it. Casting a single idol can only keep a single person safe, so choose who you protect carefully (most often people choose to protect themselves). Once you play the idol, you will lose it and will not be able to play another unless you find another.
-Members have 24 hours to cast their votes (and play any hidden immunity idols). If someone on a tribe does not vote, then his/her vote will be for him/herself or for some other throwaway vote unless I can determine what his/her intended vote was.
-If there is a tie after the votes are read, then I will give a 24 hour extension for revotes in which the people with the highest number of votes cannot cast votes and the people casting can ONLY vote for the those with the highest number of votes in the first voting round on that Tribal Council. If the revote results in another tie, then another 24 hour extension will be given for the voters in the revote to come to a unanimous decision of who to vote out. If a decision cannot be made, then the people who had the highest number of votes against them become safe and one of the revoters will be RANDOMLY eliminated from the game. Revotes are rare, so the "standard" time for Tribal Council will be 24 hours and only rarely will it be extended.

I'd really really like this vote to go down quickly.

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
The votes are in...

First vote... snek.
Second vote... snek.
Third vote... cbrevan.
Fourth vote... darkslay.
Fifth vote... kyubics.
Sixth vote... kyubics.
Seventh vote... Okamu.
Eighth vote... kyubics.
9th vote and first person voted out of the Syclant tribe... Kyubics. You may make one post in the thread to say a goodbye or to scream at people, and then you will be moved to the jury.

With that out of the way, it is time for the next challenge... and it is another round of CAP trivia! Everyone still on the Syclant Tribe must PM me to arrange a time to take the CAP trivia test; the basic format will be almost identical to last time we did trivia, so refer back to that post for helpful links. I really really really want to get them all done tomorrow and I am available from 8-11 AM and 7:30-midnight, Eastern time. We're running behind schedule so we need to pick up the pace. There's a chance you can catch me late tonight (10:30-12) and get it done then as well, but I still have to write the test(s).

Scoring will operate a bit weirdly. You will be timed from the time you are given the test link to when you give me your answers. For every question you answer incorrectly, 20 seconds will be added to your time score. Person with the fastest time at the end of it will win individual challenge immunity and will be safe at the next tribal council.

You may also make a bet on who you think will win the challenge (you ARE allowed to bet on yourself if you wish). If you guess correctly, you will receive an advantage in the next challenge. All bets must be in before the first person takes the test, so get them in ASAP. I think all of the remaining players are in timezones where they will be on between now and the next 8-9 hours, so this shouldn't be an issue.

sparktrain snake_rattler Snorlax in the way Marjane DarkSlay LucarioOfLegends cbrevan Okamu jas61292

Last edited:

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
Due to unforeseen circumstances, the nature of the quiz has changed tremendously. It' not really truly trivia anymore, either, but still very much CAP metagamey.

The quiz will be posted here. Finishing the quiz faster than anyone else will not yield you a higher result; instead, only your score will matter. There are a possible 36 points. Below is a team of 6 mons that you will imagine you are seeing at team preview. You must use your metagame knowledge to guess what you think the nature, the item, and the 4 moves of each mon are. You do NOT need to guess abilities or EVs. The person with the highest score wins. I'm not super thrilled with this type of test, but it's better than an unforeseen flaw of the original challenge 8 posted above.

I will not stop you from working with your alliance to guess the team's stuff, but if there is a tie for first place, then I will draw rocks to determine the winner. This means the more people with the same highest score, the smaller the chance of you winning it will be. There will only be one winner. If there is a tie, by drawing rocks I mean that those who tied in first place will have their names written down on a piece of paper and I will draw one name from a hat; the name I draw will be the winner.

The team being posted is one that I made a week or so ago but I have never played with it because of my vow to never use Homohawk. And... here it is:

You have 24 hours to send in your quiz answers to me via Smogon or Discord PM. Gotta move fast with offense!!!

sparktrain snake_rattler Snorlax in the way Marjane DarkSlay LucarioOfLegends cbrevan Okamu jas61292

Last edited:

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
The results are in!

Marjane 0/36
sparktrain 22/36
okamu 22/36
cbrevan 23/36
snake_rattler 26/36
jas61292 26/36
snorlax in the way 27/36
darkslay 28/36
lucario of legends 28/36

!Pick deemed LucarioOfLegends the winner of challenge immunity. Thus, Lucario cannot be voted against in this tribal council.

Aurumoth @ Firium Z
Ability: Illusion
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Quiver Dance
- Overheat
- Psyshock
- Bug Buzz

Tomohawk @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Haze
- Hurricane
- Stealth Rock

Colossoil @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Earthquake

Pheromosa @ Focus Sash
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- High Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Rapid Spin
- Ice Beam

Crucibelle @ Crucibellite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Head Smash
- Gunk Shot
- U-turn
- Wood Hammer

Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Moonblast

Here is how Tribal Council will go down:

-The person being voted out will be moved to the Jury, where he/she will be able to watch future tribal councils and cast a vote of who he/she wishes to win the game at the final tribal council.
-Members from the losing tribe will PM me, HeaLnDeaL, on Smogon or on Discord and say which person from their tribe they are casting their votes for to leave the tribe. Once a vote is cast, it cannot be changed. Do not cast your votes in this thread.
-If anyone has a hidden immunity idol and they would like to play it, he/she must let me know that they are playing it and who they are playing it for (remember, it can only be played to save yourself or someone on your current tribe). This must be done at the SAME time as you cast your vote. Since votes are blind, and won't be revealed to the tribe until everyone from the tribe has cast, this means that this method essentially makes idols work in the "standard" way of the show; idols are activated after voting but before the votes are revealed. Me asking for idols to be declared during the voting process saves us a great deal of time while not impacting the strategy of the usage of idols at all.
-The above means that there are hidden immunity idols (and clues to idols) in this game, you oafs.
-Casting a hidden immunity idol on yourself or another player at tribal council means that you or your chosen tribemate cannot be eliminated and all votes against you or the person protected by the idol will not count. You do not have to play an idol if you have one and you may save it for later. Use it when you think you need it. Casting a single idol can only keep a single person safe, so choose who you protect carefully (most often people choose to protect themselves). Once you play the idol, you will lose it and will not be able to play another unless you find another.
-Members have 24 hours to cast their votes (and play any hidden immunity idols). If someone on a tribe does not vote, then his/her vote will be for him/herself or for some other throwaway vote unless I can determine what his/her intended vote was.
-If there is a tie after the votes are read, then I will give a 24 hour extension for revotes in which the people with the highest number of votes cannot cast votes and the people casting can ONLY vote for the those with the highest number of votes in the first voting round on that Tribal Council. If the revote results in another tie, then another 24 hour extension will be given for the voters in the revote to come to a unanimous decision of who to vote out. If a decision cannot be made, then the people who had the highest number of votes against them become safe and one of the revoters will be RANDOMLY eliminated from the game. Revotes are rare, so the "standard" time for Tribal Council will be 24 hours and only rarely will it be extended.

I'd really really like this vote to go down quickly.

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
So I'm making a slight update in voting rules. Due to the nature of smogon PMs, votes can be edited without me knowing, thus it makes little sense to outright ban vote edits. Instead, the new rule is that as soon as I see votes that statistically prove that a particular person is voted out, vote edits will freeze. This means that if we're a tribe of 7 and 4 people have voted for person A, I will record the votes and that person will be the person going to the jury. If someone has 3 votes, someone else has 3 votes, there's 1 vote left, but someone who voted for A flips to B, then B reaches 4 votes and vote edits will freeze...

Basically this means that you still should definitely not go crazy and edit your votes a lot and it's better to have your vote counted correctly if you never edit it. But if you feel the need to edit it and you think the vote hasn't been locked yet then you can go ahead. I don't truly like this policy, but the nature of smogon PMs just makes banning edits dumb. I don't want to make the policy that edits are allowed until everyone votes because then we're wasting valuable time if someone forgets to vote. So instead it's just as soon as the vote result is statistically locked is when vote edits are no longer allowed.

But please for the love of the game don't make a crap ton of edits and drive me insane. I still strongly prefer no edits to happen, but obviously I can't control what I don't see.

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
The votes are in! It's been super fun to watch how this tribal council council went down; it genuinely felt like I was watching the actual show. Well, minus a few parts... such as the fact this isn't the show. But anyway.

First off... sparktrain has played a hidden immunity idol on himself. All votes cast for him will not count.

First vote is for... sparktrain, does not count.
Second vote is for... sparktrain, does not count.
Third vote is for... cbrevan.
Fourth vote is for... cbrevan.
Fifth vote is for... cbrevan.
Sixth vote is for... snorly.
Seventh vote is for... snorly.
Eighth vote is for... snorly.

So we're tied, 3 for cbrevan and 3 for snorly.

Ninth vote and the second person joining the jury... Snorlax in the way. You may say one sentence in farewell/anger to the tribe in this thread before moving to the jury.

Poor lil idol. Wasted away. Seems like the tribe is fairly well divided. We'll see if this division occurs into the next challenge.

------

Challenge 9 will be a three round, 8 person, single elimination tour playing with bo3 SuMo CAP. Both players who make it to the final round will win immunity for the next tribal council. However, immediately after the next tribal council there will be another one without an additional challenge. Instead, the final winner of the tour will win immunity for both the next tribal council and the one that will take immediately afterwards. Essentially, the runner up wins immunity for one tribal council (tribal council #9), the winner wins immunity for both of the upcoming tribal councils (tribal council #9 and tribal council #10). The next two tribal councils will happen back to back. As soon as the votes are in for the first, the person voted out will go to the jury and the second tribal council will start.

Here's the bracket for the tour in case you guys finish matches before I have a chance to formally announce the next match ups; this means the people who make it to r2 or r3 can play their next opponent as soon as possible and don't have to wait for me to declare it. You kids know how to use a bracket, so use it and schedule ASAP.

1. jas61292 vs snake_rattler
---> Winner of 1 vs winner of 2​
2. DarkSlay vs Okamu
----> Finalists fite​
3. cbrevan vs LucarioOfLegends
---> Winner of 3 vs winner of 4​
4. sparktrain v Marjane

But wait... There's more... there's always more right? There is a list of Pokemon that are banned in the tour. However, you can unlock them for your own personal use if you buy them in the CAP Survivor Auction.

Every player will receive 500 CAP dollars, except LucarioOfLegends who won the bet last challenge and thus has 600. Over the next 24 hours, players may bid in increments of 20 on the Pokemon listed below with a min bid of 20 and a max bid of 500 (this means LucarioOfLegends cannot spend all of his 600 on a single mon). At the end of the 24 hours, the highest bidder on a particular mon will be able to use that mon in any of their matches in this tournament challenge and no one else will be allowed to use that mon. If the highest bid for a particular mon is a tie, then only one of thep layers in the tie will unlock the mon; this will be decided with !Pick. This means that if 3 people bid 500 on Tomohawk, they are all essentially only buy a 1/3 chance to use Tomohawk. In such an instance, even the two people who do NOT unlock Tomohawk still end up spending (wasting) their 500. Any mon not on the auction list may be used for free by anyone on their teams for this challenge; for example, Raikou is not up for auction and thus anyone may use Raikou.

Post auction bets directly in this thread. Keep track of your funds in all of your posts/bets by listing your bid amount of X mon, your current funds considered spent / your current highest bids, and your remaining funds assuming your current bid wins. If you have bid 100 on a mon and no one else has bid higher yet, then that 100 is considered spent and may not be used elsewhere. However, if someone else bids 120 on that mon, suddenly the 100 goes back into your pocket and you can decide whether or not you want to use it +40 extra to upbid or if you want to spend it elsewhere.

Example of how to post a bid:
I bid 140 on Tomohawk and 40 on Cyclohm
Current Money Spent: 240 (140 Tomohawk, 40 Cyclohm, 60 Dugtrio from previous post)
Remaining Funds: 260

Here are the mons for auction (mons that are banned unless you win the bid on them):
-Tomohawk
-Colossoil
-Cyclohm
-Volkraken
-Mollux
-Aurumoth
-Fidgit
-Pyroak
-Tapu Lele
-Tapu Koko
-Landorus-T
-Hoopa-U
-Kyurem-B
-Magearna
-Zygarde (50% and 10% count as the same mon for purposes of bidding)
-Pheromosa
-Kartana
-Buzzwole
-Celesteela
-Chansey
-Ferrothorn
-Clefable
-Dugtrio
-Marowak-A
-Metagross
-Gyarados
-Sableye
-Scizor
-Greninja (Greninja and Greninja-Ash count as the same mon for purposes of bidding)
-A clue to a hidden immunity idol

The auction ends in 24 hours or until everyone has spent their bid money. The deadline to complete the entire tournament, r1 through r3, will be 60 hours (2.5 days) after the end of the auction. If in the first 24 hours after the auction, you have not contacted your r1 opp then you will automatically lose for activity.

I bid 20 on Sableye, 20 on Chansey, 20 on Clefable, 20 on Dugtrio, and 20 on the idol clue because I wasted mine
Current Money Spent: 100 (20 on Sableye, 20 on Chansey, 20 on Clefable, 20 on Dugtrio, 20 on the idol clue)
Remaining Funds: 400

DarkSlay

Guess who's back? Na na na! *breakdances*
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I will bid 100 on Landorus-T, 20 on Volkraken, 40 on Magearna, 60 on Greninja, and 30 on a clue to the hidden idol.

Current Money Spent: 250 (100 for Lando-T, 20 on Volkraken, 40 on Magearna, 60 on Greninja, and 30 on a clue.)
Remaining funds: 250

100 on the idol clue.

Current Money Spent: 180 (20 on Sableye, 20 on Chansey, 20 on Clefable, 20 on Dugtrio, 100 on the idol clue)
Remaining Funds: 320

LucarioOfLegends

Master Procraster
is a CAP Contributor
Gonna go ahead and throw 60 on Scizor to start, as well as 40 on Chansey

Current Money Spent: 100 (60 on Scizor, 40 on Chansey)
Remaining Funds: 500

snake

is a Community Leaderis a Top CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
CAP Co-Leader
I bid 60 on Tomohawk, 60 on Aurumoth, and 60 on Fidgit
Current Money Spent: 60 on Tomohawk, 60 on Aurumoth, 60 on Fidgit
Remaining Funds: 320

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)