Double Battle Metagame.

I haven't done much double battling before but I had an idea today. It still needs a lot of tweaking but I think it's at least a solid combo at its core.
Belly Drum Snorlax:
@Leftovers. Dunno the EV spread or nature yet, something defensive.
Belly Drum
Protect
Selfdestruct
Crunch

Metagross @Normal resist berry (to stop random Explosions) or Ground resist berry to block Earthquakes.
252 HP / 252 ATK/ 4 DEF
Psych Up
Meteor Mash
Protect
Explosion

It'd need to be in a Trick Room team, I'd most likely lead with a standard TR Dusclops or Bronzong, with a Follow Me Clefable@Focus Sash to guarantee I got the Room up. It seems like kind of a one-trick pony but I'm not sure what can survive +6 Meteor Mashes.

lol, try that w/ Slaking. Pass it Motor Drive, Levitate, Water Absorb, etc. I saw someone pass it Unburden from their Drifblim, then they let it's HP get to Salac/Leichi range. Or a Sunny Day team, pass around Cherrim's Flower Gift or Chlorophyll to a Fire type to really benefit the sun.
Driftblim + Regigigas/Slaking holding a Chople Berry is quite incredible. I've been testing it for a while after thinking about it last year or so. Basic strategy is Choice Scarf Driftblim Skill Swaps with one of the two, and if they are hit by a fighting attack (their only weakness) they also grab the Unburden boost. It's a deadly and effective strategy, especially considering Slaking has access to Bulk Up.

I thought about my strategy a little more. I have yet to test it but I'm looking for some opinions on this.

Bronzong @ Chilan Berry (Explosion leads are dumb and crits are dumber.)
Relaxed Nature:
252 hp / 196 def / 56 sp.d (EV's on all of these need some work)
Trick Room
Flash Cannon
Explosion
Protect

Clefable @Focus Sash:
Nature doesn't matter
EV's shouldn't matter much either:
Follow Me (Guarantees getting TR up)
Endeavor (Just in case they don't kill it you can have some fun in Trick Room)
Not sure on the other 2 moves, any recommendations?

Clefable's purpose is basically a suicide lead, to make sure the Trick Room gets set up.

And now the combo I thought of today:
Belly Drum Snorlax and Psych Up Metagross.

Snorlax @Leftovers (any suggestions for a better item?)
Relaxed nature
252 HP / 196 DEF / 56 sp.d:
Belly Drum
Return
Brick Break
Protect

Metagross @Chilan Berry (Or Occa or Shuca Berry, I'll have to test it)
252 HP / 252 ATK / 4 SP.D
Adamant nature:
Psych Up
Meteor Mash
Ice Punch
Bullet Punch / Explosion (I'll have to test and see if TR running out early is a problem)

Basically, Snorlax hits Belly Drum while Metagross hits Psych Up, resulting in two massive beasts with maxed-out attack moving first in a Trick Room. I can't see what wouldn't get killed by a Meteor Mash combined with either Ice Punch for dragons or Brick Break for steels. I might change the moves around a little but STAB Return / Meteor Mash coming off such insane attack just seems amazing.

Here is my team to be sent out together,

Shuckle @ Leftovers, Sassy
248hp/100spD/164Def
~Rest
~Encore/Toxic
~Knock Off/Sandstorm
~Gastro Acid
Simple walling set, encore is and Knock Off are mostly filler, can be replaced with sandstorm if the Special defence boost is desireable, since this won't be doing much.
Gastro acid is the most important part of this set, as Regigigas is useless without it.

Regigigas @ Leftovers, Adamant
200atk/200Spe/112hp
~Fire punch
~Return
~Rock polish
~Brick break
The evs are a bit strange, but Regigigas' attack stats are off the charts without max evs, the speed evs are for adding a bit more to his speed, giving him 286 before a polish. the moves given are for type coverage and STAB. Rock polish is great, considering a base 100 speed. The hp evs given give it an extra 28 points, for extra longetivity.
Thanks XD

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Regigigas has Slow Start, cutting its Attack and Speed in half for five turns. Before you can really fight with it, it'll be dead.

EDIT: Disregard this.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Shuckle has Gastro Acid to remove Slow Start
Ah, didn't notice that.

Skill Swap would be a better idea though, so you can take out the ability and don't have a deadweight out. Shuckle might have uber defenses, but it doesn't have anything else. Besides, Gigas will still be pretty slow on turn 1, since Shuckle's slower.

I thought of this a while ago but never had time or mood to get it going. If someone wants to try it out, feel free and tell me how it goes! :)

Tauros / Jolly / Intimidate @ Leftovers / Wide Lens / whatever
- Role Play / Rock Slide / filler / filler (Probably earthquake or Headbutt or Iron Head or Secret Power or Return)

Togekiss / Calm / Serene Grace @ Lum Berry
- Follow Me / Fillers

Strategy should be obvious. Tauros is one of the fastest user of Role Play, and it has some bulk, along with the useful Intimidate to soften up attacks for both itself and Togekiss. After Role Playing Serene Grace, Rockslide has 0.9*60% = 54% chance of flinching, which means ~29% chance of flinching both opponents, ~50% chance flinching one opponent. With Wide Lens, the probabilities become 35% both opponents and 48% one opponent. If Togekiss is alive still it can Twave for easier flinching and/or Air Slash to start flinching slower stuff too.

Only one turn of set up which has a high chance to succeed due to Togekiss using Follow Me. Obviously Trick Room or Rain Dance teams (both fairly common) will kind of screw this up, but well, can't do much about that, well, unless Togekiss uses Tailwind, hah.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)