Media DRAGON BALL SUPER

I don’t play fighting games for a story, was really hoping that they would make a more DBZ story rather than some generic weeb shit, but it’s honestly whatever.

I’m just mad because this Android 21 and “le ebbic roasts xDDDD” shit literally caters to the people I fucking hate the most in locals. Smash 4 is literally flooded with 15-21 year olds who obsess about waifus (like, I’m talking about bringing a shirt with a half naked photo of them level disgusting) and are overall there to be “the next ZeRo” instead of having fun. You can’t really actually have a conversation with most of them. I was hoping DBZ would be different, but this kind of shit literally panders to them so I guess not.

Guilty Gear probably has a weeb ass story mode, (idk, I specifically don’t play the story because of that) but the local fan base is really freaking cool so I don’t mind. It’s mostly late 20s-30 year olds whom you can actually talk with and have a good time, and the game is metal + beefy ass dudes + 24/7 mix ups which alleviates the fact that it’s hard as shit.

tl;dr fan bases make a fighter and the game supports the parts that makes communities shit.

Last edited:
im sure rodan will want to play with you after this series of tirades against the game he invited you to play, it's just natural
How can I play a game with someone if I don’t have said game lmao, I’ll invest in it if the fan base isn’t shit. Otherwise there’s no point.

yea, because Guilty Gear's soundtrack is bomb, and I just have to refer to DBZ, JoJo, Fist of the Northstar, etc. if you think the latter isn't rare nowadays but heavily appreciated.

I'm sure you want people in your community that just play the game to talk about fucking fictional characters and dress with some disgusting furry/half naked pic of their waifu. My smash 4 locals were flooded with them and I'm hoping to god DBZF doesn't bring that shit but given the comments of the people who would go to my locals it's basically the disgusting shit I'd expect. It's a fucking shame too because the game itself looks fun. (Not complex, but a fighter doesn't have to be complex to be fun in my eyes)

If I get the game, I'm going SSj Goku (until SSj4 becomes DLC) / Future Trunks / Ultimate Gohan. This game literally just needs to have a fanbase that I can go to locals for. There is always some disgusting stuff in vidya, it just depends if the fanbase to focus on it or not.

"oh but you're just referring to your local, what about the community at large?" - It's 100x worse, but I didn't bring it up because tbf online communities ruin everything.

Last edited:

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Dammit Frieza if you just cut out the evil gloating you probably could have knocked off Toppo before he went literally godly. But NOOOOO, moron Frieza somehow thinks freakin' Sidra Hakai compares to Toppo's. Total moron.

And I mean, yeah, I love seeing Frieza get his comeuppance and God of Destruction Toppo is ridiculously awesome. Seeing Freiza get the treatment he routinely gives to others is satisfying.

"I could easily destroy you right here, but then I'd be disqualified." ~Savage Toppo.
Vegeta vs Toppo next week. This is gonna be great!

lmao whatever you say.

I gotta say, this episode was definitely good. First time in Super you saw something that actually felt painful. Toppo’s transformation felt Z (first transformation in ages where a man’s muscles actually expanded instead of decreasing/some color pallete swap) and seeing Frieza getting dicked the way he did was satisfying, even if short.

Power scaling makes 0 sense but it’s whatever, for the first time in ages a scene in Super actually felt satisfying. Very much appreciated.

Last edited:
Honestly people like you QuickBH ruin everything
If you think QuickBH ruins everything just by explaining how akward the Dragon Ball community has become, then I don't want to know what you consider healthy for a community.
Or maybe you haven't been exposed to the active Super community yet. They make people biting others dicks off because they interupt they Xbox One gameplay or something look normal. Heck, most of them use the word 'canon' on daily bases and still can't spell it.

BTW remember the time nobody gave a fuck about canonity in Dragon Ball? Pepperage Farm remembers.

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
If you think QuickBH ruins everything just by explaining how akward the Dragon Ball community has become, then I don't want to know what you consider healthy for a community.
Or maybe you haven't been exposed to the active Super community yet. They make people biting others dicks off because they interupt they Xbox One gameplay or something look normal. Heck, most of them use the word 'canon' on daily bases and still can't spell it.

BTW remember the time nobody gave a fuck about canonity in Dragon Ball? Pepperage Farm remembers.
If you think that's exactly what I was commenting on then you are also clueless.

To not derail the thread I really liked this episode, Topo getting god power was really cool. It'll be cool to see Vegetables ssjb2 pushed to the limits, excited about that.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

What are you even talking about anymore? those people don't exist, or if they do they're an extreme minority. they only exist on tv lol. it's a common trope.

also canon always mattered. it might've not mattered to you for lack of internet access back then or simply because you never cared to look at discussions or db talk online, which is why you think it didn't matter to anyone else, but it's always been a thing.

i really wanna know what you mean by the db community becoming awkward or "biting other people's dicks off for interrupting their xbox one gameplay". random yt comments =/= community. all yt comments are dumb

and finally, dbfz is reallllyyy fun. first fighting game i get into besides smash and the entry barrier's not as high as i imagined, which i know is a conscious choice by design and i love that. definitely gonna be hooked into it for a while and will be going to tournaments

What are you even talking about anymore? those people don't exist, or if they do they're an extreme minority. they only exist on tv lol. it's a common trope.

also canon always mattered. it might've not mattered to you for lack of internet access back then or simply because you never cared to look at discussions or db talk online, which is why you think it didn't matter to anyone else, but it's always been a thing.

i really wanna know what you mean by the db community becoming awkward or "biting other people's dicks off for interrupting their xbox one gameplay". random yt comments =/= community. all yt comments are dumb
Because you didn't meet those people doesn't mean they don't exist or only exist in fictional worlds.

also I didn't say anything about canonity not mattering but that people focus too much on that now for the past few years. and no, I was there when the af hype was around the internet and forums were filled with Broly fanatics. Those times existed and there were not this many non-cannon or cannon comments on videos, forums or chat discussions. It began shorty before BoG came out the fanbase went that direction.

also why do you think I am restricting myself to youtube comments? The fact you are also putting all youtube commenters to equal grounds shows exactly what I am talking about.

If you think that's exactly what I was commenting on then you are also clueless.
Feel free to fill me in then outside this thread.

On the past few episodes of Super, since I rarely get to watch it, I think that may be the reason I am noticing quite a bit of recycled or replicated scenes of DBZ. Even something small like Frieza getting hit by the purple ball that suppose to be a move for killing being really similar to Frieza being hit by the Genkidama. Ironicly he came back with his left eye closed.
Well, the Final Flash scene from Vegeta before he turned into a dark-blue SSJ however was so blantly obvious to be a recycled scene from the very first Final Flash, there is no way I would have missed that.

You know, this tournament would be much less painful to watch if killing was allowed. Then I wouldn't have to worry about moves like the Special Beam Cannon, Destructo Disc and the arm cutting lasers being used.

Props to limiting the amount of exposition in the latest episode. Finally there was some dialog from the bench that was actually relevant on what was going on when Eighteen explained what Seventeen was doing with his ki-blast spam. Toppo also had a nice quote I liked.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
on the subject of dbfz

the tl;dw, some things were found in the game's files which could hint at future updates/DLC, including:
-Character models for Saiyan Saga Goku and Vegeta
-A voice file for the character select screen of the announcer saying "Cooler!"

Hopefully those Goku/Vegeta variants turn out to just be alternate costumes, they probably will be, it would be a waste of time to sell 'em as seperate DLC characters, nobody's gonna buy that shit. But Cooler as a DLC? Hell yeah! Underrated character.

As for some other speculations and rumors, I have only one thing to say. I know this is probably wishful thinking, but please don't include broly, he's an overhyped sack of garbage who can take a break and leave some space for better, more under-represented characters

Anyways, your thoughts?

It would be a waste of character slots, but people will likely defend it because they play differently unless they happen to be skins (which I honestly doubt unless you can customize movesets and they update the dialog matching the costum you are using).
Goku I can somewhat understand because of Kaioken and Spirit Bomb, but what do you do with Vegeta? Nothing about him is outstanding. Honestly, Kid Goku would have been a better choice as another Goku not named SSJ4.
But I honestly hope they don't waste the DLC slots and turn this game into something similar Final Boat or BoZ in terms of roster, filling it with nothing but Gokus and Vegetas.

Broly definitively will be DLC. He is way too popular in Japan similar to Bardock. I would be suprised if Cooler was in the game. What can you do with all the moves Cooler used as a moveset? Let him have his armored squad which would further delay developing the character.

Deck Knight

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Love muh boy Vegeta getting that precious shine. Running contest between him and 17 for overall tournament MVP.

Speaking of 17, I'm actually glad he's here instead of Gohan. 17 was created by Dr. Gero to be the ultimate combatant, and he's clearly pulling his weight here in both power feats and tactics. 17 also has something unique to offer in the barrier technique and "infinite energy." Gohan's been written so that "Ultimate Gohan" is barely detectable and near every main character already has a new ultimate form. Otherwise, what else is he going to do? Ultra Masenko? Yeah, no. Gohan went out like a smart tactician would and you can't really have expected better from him.

One thing that surprised me was that Jiren threw massive shade at his teammates for getting eliminated. His cool has broken and now his anger and ego are starting to seep through. Calling it now he's going to get sloppy, overreact, and get punished for it.

Speaking of parallels: Toppo basically took the Majin Vegeta option when he went for the God of Destruction powers. That's why the matchup meant so much to Vegeta, in addition to his family / Cabba / Saiyan Pride etc., Vegeta already made the mistake Toppo had made (discarding himself for more power) and vowed not to lose because of it. So it went full circle.

Last edited:

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
17 definitely tournament MVP for me. Breakout character of the saga. Awesome to see him getting so much airtime.

Deck Knight

No. 17, the most alpha character to ever exist.

All shall pay tribute to his greatness!

Jiren's sense of justice is basically Might makes Right. Which I suppose is fitting enough a final hurdle for Vegeta and Goku (and whatever's left of Frieza. Maybe if Frieza joined the damn beam struggle as Golden instead of jumping in after and trying to 1v1 Jiren it might have worked.)

That said, the way things are looking... Goku and Frieza team-up after Vegeta reprises his role as "guy who tanks people stronger than him way longer than any normal being should"? Only 4 Eps left... and 3 mins.

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
with it being impossible to sense 17, it would be interesting if he "exploded" and is just hiding - although I guess the (omniscent?) grand priest would know where he is. What an asspull that'd be if Goku and Jiren go down and 17 is chillin behind a rock.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)