Gen VII: Pokemon Sun and Moon Discussion MKII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Serebii said:
This Pokémon is called Namakobushi and is said to be able to send its insides out from its mouth and use as a fist.
Can sea cucumbers do this (sans fist, obviously) in real life? I know starfish at least can expel their stomachs to eat things, but I've never heard of sea cucumbers doing anything similar.

Not digging the design since it's a bit too simple, but punching your opponents with your stomach is hilarious. It being a Water-type seems obvious, and maybe it's part Fighting?

Uhh... so now we got street gangsters as villain faction. Meh... Team Aqua is still way better.

Anyway, I didn't even notice today's leak. So....

I can only say the sand castle Shirodesuna will be this generation's Vanilluxe. Here we go again.... What I don't get is, is the shovel part of its body or not? Things like this often get me confused.
The school of fish looks... interesting.
At least Nuikoguma shows a little cute expression, unlike Bewear....
What interests me is that Iwanko is featured next month along with the new manga series. I feel like he's the next Riolu / Zorua.

Marowak seem to represent fire dancers and not just ghost it is in first generation. And apparently it is just because it adapts against predator. I had hoped it would be deeper as we see how sad it was in Origins....
Fire DANCERS(Kiawe anybody)

Ok. There we go. THe Sea Cucumber was real. The leaks are real. Now we're in for a rugby monkey.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Which leak mentioned the sea cucumber? If it was the recent 4chan leak, then it was super lucky because it was missing stuff and still can't be taken as legitimate.

Vinc2612

The V stands for VGC
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The chinese leak

They had salandit and no league. They were also talking about "overlords", which I guess were totem Pokémon.

no gyms, your objective is to build the league, and when you're done E4 appears (leaders of each island)
starters final forms are archer, wrestler and water/fairy siren
Collect logo diamonds like mega stones, but a bit different. Logo diamonds cause pokemon to transform shape, like ash-greg (that part doesn't look right since z-move were announced)
new pokémon: Dolphin, snowman, sea cucumber, mushroom, football/rugby monkey. Rockruff evolves into a werewolf
Mashadow has a unique typing

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Can sea cucumbers do this (sans fist, obviously) in real life? I know starfish at least can expel their stomachs to eat things, but I've never heard of sea cucumbers doing anything similar.

Not digging the design since it's a bit too simple, but punching your opponents with your stomach is hilarious. It being a Water-type seems obvious, and maybe it's part Fighting?
They definitely can. I'm on mobile so can't find a video or gif of it but they do projectile vomit out their intestines in order to predigest stuff... There is a subspecies i believe which can do this in a fan pattern which looks both gross as fuck but cool at the same time. It's definitely an interesting thing to bring up in Pokemon of all things!

It's hoopaning it's a sea cucumber! Though being punched by a pokemons gut and being defeated must feel really humiliating. If this gets Drain punch I'm going to laugh a lot.

Yes, sea cucumbers do send out their stomach as self defense or to eat.

I wonder how much GF is going to keep revealing pokemon I'm glad they do but I don't know if they're going to reveal nearly all of them or just they have so much of them that this is just the surface of what's to come.

dialganet

Banned deucer.

Yes they can.

Sea cucumbers can expel lungs, intestines and gonad to confuse predators and escape them.

EDIT1: Double ninja'd

EDIT2: Between this and the soul eating castle, this is bound to be a rather subtly creepy generation...

I've been thinking about how Rockruff evolves into a werewolf, and how that would just be a dog evolving into a bigger dog...so what would make it a "were" wolf? I'm guessing we are going to get 2 forms/typings for rockruff depending on whether it evolves in sun/moon. Like a werewolf, which changes form only in the moon is out. If so, it could be the same for the starters since they all share the same 'secret' to evolution.

Pretty sure there was a leak that mentioned multiple final evos for the starters, which would be crazy.

What do you think the typing of this sea cucumber will be? Will it be pure water type? It could possibly have grass, rock or even fighting dual typing (it does have a fist in it's mouth)

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I like Shirodesuna's name a lot. Like, I decided to look into it after seeing「シロ」("shiro"; "white") in it's name, so as soon as the bulbapedia page went up I took a look at what it said (as my vocab is still awful ;;;) and it's really cool.

It can be read literally as「城ですな」"Shiro desu na" ("That's a sandcastle, huh" or something along those lines) and it may also be a pun on the common fantasy of white sandy beaches, using the words 白 (shiro; white) and 砂 (suna; sand). The latter interpretation is a really nice reference to Alola, which is a tropical island in itself and, as such, likely has a thriving tourism industry which benefits from the white sands of its various islands.

I'm glad I looked that up. Sadly Sunabā's name isn't as interesting as it's evolution, with it just being sandbox with a slight variation on the spelling which affects the final sound.

Mq

It's Megaqwer's Time!
Will all these Gen 1 alolan forms showing up, I am curious if there was a story where smth happened in Kanto which made the pokemons travel to a different island for survival?

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
The reason all the alola forms are of kanto 'mons is because it is actually Kanto 1000000 years in the future.
In all seriousness though as unlikely (and most likely impossible) a possibility as this is it'd explain how their types seem to be completely inverted from before, and it would also provide an explanation for the excess of Ice-type alolan formes due to there having potentially been an ice age in the time period between GSC and SuMo.

The reason all the alola forms are of kanto 'mons is because it is actually Kanto 1000000 years in the future.
In all seriousness though as unlikely (and most likely impossible) a possibility as this is it'd explain how their types seem to be completely inverted from before, and it would also provide an explanation for the excess of Ice-type alolan formes due to there having potentially been an ice age in the time period between GSC and SuMo.
Maybe Alola was once part of Kanto but got broken off into a island like the Sevii Islands might have millions of years earlier leading to isolation and evolution of pokemon into their specific types to adapt to new climates...

Honestly they need to buff these Pokemon that are getting Alolan Forms. Even if they redistribute the stats, Marowak has only 425 to work with. Persian with 440, Sandslash with 450, Ninetales with 505 and Exeggutor with 520 (Though the last 2 aren't too bad, redistribution should be fine with them) to keep up with the Power Creep. Otherwise they aren't gonna change them too much from a competitive standpoint.

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
Honestly they need to buff these Pokemon that are getting Alolan Forms. Even if they redistribute the stats, Marowak has only 425 to work with. Persian with 440, Sandslash with 450, Ninetales with 505 and Exeggutor with 520 (Though the last 2 aren't too bad, redistribution should be fine with them) to keep up with the Power Creep. Otherwise they aren't gonna change them too much from a competitive standpoint.
I agree with the others, but keep in mind marowak at least has its Bone Club item to work with, effectively giving it a free huge power.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)