Project Metagame Workshop

KaenSoul

Shared:Power Little Knight
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Community Leader
Oh yeah you cant use the same donor mon twice per team you can't have two Koraidon 'gifts'
And how would you decide that, exactly?
Maybe have the donors only count for their primary type instead of just the receivers, not many Pokémon are the top givers for multiple stats of their Types.
And you should think more about your idea and detail it in a single post, the premise should be clear for everyone, you have to show that you have been thinking a lot about your idea if you want it to become a format and be the tier leader in the near future.

And how would you decide that, exactly?
Maybe have the donors only count for their primary type instead of just the receivers, not many Pokémon are the top givers for multiple stats of their Types.
And you should think more about your idea and detail it in a single post, the premise should be clear for everyone, you have to show that you have been thinking a lot about your idea if you want it to become a format and be the tier leader in the near future.
Alright, ill make a More detailed post ina few hours. I'm away from home rn and it's too hard to make a good quality post on mobile, thats why my post is rushed

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
:salamence::Altaria:Convergence:Dragonite::noivern:

Metagame premise: Pokémon gain access to the abilities and Movepools of all Pokémon that share their typing (e.g. Roaring Moon, Hydreigon [and Zwellious and Deino] are all of the Dark/Dragon types in the tier. Roaring Moon would gain access to Hydreigon's full Movepool in addition to it's own, while having the choice of Protosynthesis, Levitate or Hustle as ability options)
Potential bans and threats: Banlist off the top of my head - Pure Power, Slaking, Imposter, Shell Smash and Comatose. We also will implement a Sleep Moves clause due to Spore dispersal.

Some major threats include Salamence/Dragonite, who gain tools from each other, while also gaining utility options like Will O Wisp, U-Turn and Defog from Altaria and Noivern respectively, turning them into the ultimate offensive and defensive juggernaut. Dondozo is another top tier defensive, and potentially banworthy threat with access to multiple god tier defensive abilities like Regenerator and it's own Unaware and potent utility options like U-turn, Wish, Rapid Spin, and Roost. Finally Iron Hands is a menace thanks to getting the full offensive and utility Movepool and abilities of Pawmot, including Revival Blessing, which might push Iron over the edge and into broken territory.

Questions for the community:
Is Convergence a good name, in regards to clearly conveying what the OM is about? Composite Meta was something also thrown around, but I wanted something snappy.

Currently, moves between prevos and moves between alternate forms are treated how STABmons treats them. Is it a good idea to maintain this, or does it go against the spirit of the metagame?

Give your thoughts and opinions for this project please, it's definitely something that has a lot of potential staying power + expansion from Home and DLC(s), and I am really passionate about it.
Very cool OM idea imo, definitely has a ton of potential

Some other kinda cool types that I think are worth discussing:
(Pokémon, Abilities and Moves that are only available once HOME drops are separated by a | )

1672003776824.png
1672003782254.png

:sv/cacturne::sv/meowscarada::sv/brute bonnet::sv/wo-chien:|:sv/zarude:

Viable Abilities: Protean, Tablets of Ruin, Protosynthesis

Acrobatics, Body Press, Crunch, Close Combat, Flower Trick, Foul Play, Knock Off, Sucker Punch, U-Turn
Aura Sphere, Clear Smog, Dark Pulse, Ruination
Leech Seed, Spikes, Spiky Shield, Spore, Swords Dance, Synthesis, Taunt, Toxic Spikes | Jungle Healing

Grass/Dark by itself is a rather poor typing, but ooh boy do these guys have a ton of utility up their sleeves, and both offensive and defensive sets are improved. Meowscarada gets Protosynthesis, SD and Spore (although expecting the later to eventually be banned), alongside CC. Meanwhile, both Wo-Chien and Ungaboonguss have decent defensive merit, with Tablets of Ruin making them even bulkier than they already are, and eventually gettingOK recovery with Jungle Healing, as well as Leech Seed Spiky Shield being an option. Overall one of the types that gain the most imo. Still not enough to save Cacturne but hey at least it gave the others SD and Spiky Shield lmao.

1672003776824.png
1672005414050.png

:sv/breloom:|:sv/chesnaught:
1672005581299.png
1672005558587.png

Viable Abilities: Poison Heal, Technician | Bulletproof, Chlorophyll, Scrappy

Bullet Seed, Close Combat, Drain Punch, Mach Punch, Rock Tomb | Body Press, Earthquake, Ice Spinner, Knock Off, Leaf Blade, Stone Edge, Trailblaze, Triple Arows, U-Turn, Wood Hammer
none of these dudes are special
Bulk Up, Leech Seed, Spore, Swords Dance, Toxic | Defog, Roost, Spikes, Spiky Shield, Victory Dance

This one only really takes off after HOME, but goddamn does it take off well. Obvious outstander being Victory Dance + Spore, but even that aside, you have incredible moves like Wood Hammer, Triple Arrows, U-Turn and Edgequake coverage. This one also shines in the ability side of things - Particularly wondering how Poison Heal Chesnaught with STAB Body Press will turn out, but you also have Scrappy for safety on offensive mons, Technician with a fairly good variety of moves (Notably, STAB Bullet Seed and Mach Punch, but SD Trailblaze is a cool option too imo) and even being able to be ran on Sun teams. Very good batch of mons overall imo.

1672007050603.png
1672007056947.png

:SV/swablu::sv/staraptor::sv/braviary::sv/fletchling::sv/squawkabilly:

Viable Abilities: Defiant, Intimidate, Guts, Sheer Force

Brave Bird, Body Slam, Close Combat, Facade, Flare Blitz, Play Rough, U-Turn
none of these dudes are special
Parting Shot, Swords Dance

Thanks to Mr The Parrot, you can turn Staraptor into Guts Swellow. Of all things, Fletchling also gives it Swords Dance. The main flaw in that is being forced to not run Boots (An issue also mostly present on Sheer Force sets if you intend to run Life Orb), and Brave Bird STAB also generally means you're getting worn down very quickly. Still, though, Staraptor in particular is a ridiculously hard-hitting mon. I can see Braviary trying to pull off Intim sets maybe (emphasys on trying) but that's all I had to say on the Normal/Flying gang

1672003782254.png
1672007056947.png

:sv/murkrow::sv/honchkrow::sv/bombirdier::sv/iron jugulis: | :sv/moltres-galar:

Viable Abilities: Prankster, Rocky Payload, Berserk, Quark Drive

Acrobatics, Brave Bird, Crunch, Knock Off, Sucker Punch, U-Turn
Dark Pulse, Hurricane, Flamethrower, Hydro Pump | Fiery Wrath
Haze, Memento, Nasty Plot, Parting Shot, Roost, Stealth Rock

Iron Jubileu and Moltres are the big ones here. Getting access to Nasty Plot and Roost does wonders for the former, as well as being able to run a non-Quark ability (Would probably go Beserk). Moltres on the other hand is a BIG Mandibuzz. Great defensive stats with Roost, Knock and Rocks, as well as Parting Shot as an alternative option to U-Turn. Lastly I wanna say Quark Drive + STAB Acrobatics is a kinda cool combo but the only mon of this batch with a good ATK stat is Honchkrow sotake your own conclusions

Some other specific mons that I think are worth mentioning. If I didn't mention any alternate abils, assume they just run their standard ones:

:sv/scizor:

Viable Abilities:

Attack Order (:vespiquen:)
Roost (:masquerain::vespiquen:), Sleep Poweder (:vivillon:), Spikes (:forretress:)

Roost Scizor is back on the menu :)

:sv/articuno-galar:
Viable Abilities: Sheer Force, Tinted Lens (H. Braviary)

Esper Wing, Heat Wave (H. Braviary)
Quiver Dance (:oricorio-pau:) but that's most likely banned lol

125 Sp Atk Sheer Force Hurricane is gonna hit like a fucking bullet train

1672011933023.png

Ice Beam, Moonblast (:swablu:)

Cuno is faster and hits harder, but Braviary does have a trick beneath its wings: It evolves from a Normal/Flying. This lets it carry Swablu's moves, notably adding Ice Beam and Moonblast to the list of Sheer Force moves it can run. I still expect Cuno to be better overall but I can definitely see this guy getting some niche viability

:sv/greninja:

wow awesome this funny looking Hisuian Samurott has real stats!

:sv/gholdengo:

Knock Off (:banette:)
Mystical Fire (:mismagius:)
Strength Sap, Will-o-Wisp, Shell Smash (:polteageist:), Encore (:banette:)

Be afraid.

:sv/decidueye:

Viable Abilities: Wind Rider

Power Whip (:brambleghast:), Earthquake (:tropius:)
Leech Seed, Spikes, Strength Sap (:brambleghast:), Sleep Powder (:jumpluff:)

Wind Power on a mon who actually does get Tailwind is a pretty cool tool and it egts some coverage from Tropius. Doubt it'll be a top tier threat, but felt like an interesting mon to bring up

And lastly...

:sv/wigglytuff:
Wigglytuff @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Body Slam
- Play Rough
- Fire Punch

I sincerely doubt this will be viable but the fact it exists is amazing

Last edited:

Tapler

Coral Bitch
is a Top Social Media Contributor

Metagame premise: Pokémon gain access to the abilities and Movepools of all Pokémon that share their typing (e.g. Roaring Moon, Hydreigon [and Zwellious and Deino] are all of the Dark/Dragon types in the tier. Roaring Moon would gain access to Hydreigon's full Movepool in addition to it's own, while having the choice of Protosynthesis, Levitate or Hustle as ability options)
Potential bans and threats: Banlist off the top of my head - Pure Power, Slaking, Imposter, Shell Smash and Comatose. We also will implement a Sleep Moves clause due to Spore dispersal.

Some major threats include Salamence/Dragonite, who gain tools from each other, while also gaining utility options like Will O Wisp, U-Turn and Defog from Altaria and Noivern respectively, turning them into the ultimate offensive and defensive juggernaut. Dondozo is another top tier defensive, and potentially banworthy threat with access to multiple god tier defensive abilities like Regenerator and it's own Unaware and potent utility options like U-turn, Wish, Rapid Spin, and Roost. Finally Iron Hands is a menace thanks to getting the full offensive and utility Movepool and abilities of Pawmot, including Revival Blessing, which might push Iron over the edge and into broken territory.

Is Convergence a good name, in regards to clearly conveying what the OM is about? Composite Meta was something also thrown around, but I wanted something snappy.

Currently, moves between prevos and moves between alternate forms are treated how STABmons treats them. Is it a good idea to maintain this, or does it go against the spirit of the metagame?

Give your thoughts and opinions for this project please, it's definitely something that has a lot of potential staying power + expansion from Home and DLC(s), and I am really passionate about it.
Just dropping some more sauce for this format. apparently I just got sniped on a couple of these mons but w/e we said different things about them

:scizor:
Scizor gets some incredible new options thanks in large part to Scyther's typing, including Rapid Spin, all four hazards, Ground coverage, Body Press, and the return of Roost. Definitely a top Steel in the format.

:banette:
Ban Last Respects. Moving on.

:barraskewda::dondozo:
Defensive monowaters were touched on in the OP with Dondozo, but there's also the offensive side of things with Adaptability, Crabhammer, Jet Punch, Wave Crash, Swords Dance, EQ, CC, U-Turn... I wouldn't be surprised to see a handful of monowater bans.

:zangoose:
Pop Bomb is on the sus list for sure. Comes with your choice of Guts, Technician, or Stakeout, alongside pretty much any coverage you want.

:hippowdon::mudsdale:
Stamina + Slack Off + Body Press makes monogrounds a pain to deal with. They also learn Spin and Glare.

:gogoat:
Likely the best PHeal user until Chesnaught releases, with good bulk, pivoting, Spikes, hazard removal, Bulk Up/SD, and two great STAB options in Power Whip and Trop Kick.

:lilligant:
Contrary + Leaf Storm abuser with decent coverage in Earth Power and Dazzling Gleam, plus some other new toys like Spikes and U-Turn. PHeal + QD doesn't sound bad either.

:garganacl:
As if this mon weren't annoying enough already, it gets Regenerator, Knock Off, Rapid Spin, Spikes, Will-O-Wisp, and Bulk Up. Demonic defensive Tera abuser.

:gholdengo:
Calm Mind is evil, Will-O-Wisp is evil, Strength Sap is evil.

:goodra:
While its new moves are nothing to write home about, Goodra's Sheer Force-boosted coverage makes for a pretty scary attacker.

:ting-lu:
Now comes with your choice of Vessel of Ruin or Intimidate, and a goofy Bulk Up + Power Trip set.

:chansey::blissey:
Final Gambit.

:ting-lu: :Flutter mane: Genetic Selection :Chi-yu: :dragaPult:

Metagame Premise:

Pokemon inherit the best stat trait from the Pokemon of their primary typing! The way it is distributed is like Godly Gift: First slot gets hp, second gets atk, etc. So if a dragon type was in the last slot, it would get dragapults speed, which is 142.

Bans/Clauses:
  • Koraidon and Miraidon
  • Potentially chinese legends, as ting-Lu's hp is huge for these mons
  • One mon can't be used as a donor twice (A team couldn't use Ting-Lu twice as both Hp and Defense, it would go down to the mon below it in Defense; Kingambit)

• Should donors need to have the same primary type as the mon inheriting its stat? (For example if this was the case a normal primary type would not be able to inherit arboliva's spatk as normal isn't its primary typing)
  • Too hard to balance?
  • Anyone have ideas for other bans or even donor bans?
  • Is the name ok?

Last edited:
:Glimmora: Type Power :Glimmora: (Name needs work most likely but still)

Concept: Every type gets an additional ability based (loosely) on thier typing on top of their og ability.

Ability list:
Normal: Scrappy
Fire: Protosynthesis
Grass: Thick Fat
Water: Fluffy
Electric: Quark Drive
Fighting: Tough Claws
Flying: Gale Wings
Poison: Corrosion
Ghost: Prankster
Dark: Dark Aura
Fairy: Fairy Aura
Ice: Mountaineer (ik it's a cap ability but still)
Ground: Purifying Salt
Steel: Steely Spirit
Rock:Solid Rock
Psychic: Dazzling
Dragon: Adaptability
Bug: Tinted lens

For example: :dondozo: Donbozo here now has unaware and fluffy to wall any set up sweeper that use contact moves
:gengar: Gengar here not only has it's Cursed Body (which is still bad) but also has Prankster and Corrosion for toxic stall

Potential Threats:

:Maushold: Now you don't need Bite/Thief to hit ghost and it gets Low Kick to hit Rock/Steel Types

:Chi-yu: Proto and Aura (If I don't change it) are really powerful and on an already powerful Mon, need I say more.

:Volcarona: :Scizor: :Frosmoth: :Slither Wing: These guys man, on top of having Tinted Lens they have secondary types that help them get in/kill things and their base abilities

Otherwise I'm open to any changes to any of the abilities if you think something would fit better (which something probably would), also tera would be banned if you were wondering.

Last edited:

Metagame Premise:

Pokemon inherit the best stat trait from the Pokemon of their primary typing! The way it is distributed is like Godly Gift: First slot gets hp, second gets atk, etc. So if a dragon type was in the last slot, it would get dragapults speed, which is 142.

Bans/Clauses:
  • Koraidon and Miraidon
  • One mon can't be used as a donor twice (A team couldn't use Ting-Lu twice as both Hp and Defense, it would go down to the mon below it in Defense; Kingambit)

• Should donors need to have the same primary type as the mon inheriting its stat? (For example if this was the case a normal primary type would not be able to inherit arboliva's spatk as normal isn't its primary typing)
  • Too hard to balance?
  • Is the name ok?
I don’t understand this LOL. Does this mean I need some sort of glorified monotype team to make this work? Do I need both Dragapult and another primary dragon type pokemon on my team to get benefits? Can you give a full example with a team of 6 if possible?

I feel like to make this more simple, you could say the highest HP stat of your team of six goes to the first pokemon, the highest Atk stat of your team of six goes to the second pokemon, etc. You can call this OM something like Team Power because one member of your team is powering another member.

Even if it were like this, I still feel like this is too similar to Godly Gift. The concept of each slot corresponding to a specific stat is already taken up by Godly Gift. Maybe it could work if you make it different enough. I’m not sure not how lenient the OM approval team is about this.

Concept: Every type gets an additional ability based (loosely) on thier typing on top of their og ability.

Ability list:
Ice: Mountaineer

For example: :dondozo: Donbozo here now has unaware and fluffy to wall any set up sweeper that use contact moves
:gengar: Gengar here not only has it's Cursed Body (which is still bad) but also has Prankster and Corrosion for toxic stall

Potential Threats:

:Maushold: Now you don't need Bite/Thief to hit ghost and it gets Low Kick to hit Rock/Steel Types

:Chi-yu: Proto and Aura (If I don't change it) are really powerful and on an already powerful Mon, need I say more.

:Volcarona: :Scizor: :Frosmoth: :Slither Wing: These guys man, on top of having Tinted Lens they have secondary types that help them get in/kill things and their base abilities

Otherwise I'm open to any changes to any of the abilities if you think something would fit better (which something probably would), also tera would be banned if you were wondering.
As each type gets something different and quite arbitrary, I think this would fall into the realm of pet mods. It could probably pass as one though, but I’m am not sure how submitting and approval works.

I don’t understand this LOL. Does this mean I need some sort of glorified monotype team to make this work? Do I need both Dragapult and another primary dragon type pokemon on my team to get benefits? Can you give a full example with a team of 6 if possible?

I feel like to make this more simple, you could say the highest HP stat of your team of six goes to the first pokemon, the highest Atk stat of your team of six goes to the second pokemon, etc. You can call this OM something like Team Power because one member of your team is powering another member.

Even if it were like this, I still feel like this is too similar to Godly Gift. The concept of each slot corresponding to a specific stat is already taken up by Godly Gift. Maybe it could work if you make it different enough. I’m not sure not how lenient the OM approval team is about this.
Here's how it works (I'm pretty sure).

:sv/scizor::sv/maushold::sv/clodsire::sv/dragapult::sv/iron-hands::sv/kingambit:

Scizor's primary type is Bug, Volcarona has the highest HP of any Bug at 85, Scizor has 85 HP.
Maushold's primary type is Normal, Slaking has the highest Attack of any Normal at 160, Maushold has 160 Attack.
Clodsire's primary type is Poison, Toxapex has the highest Defense of any Poison at 152, Clodsire has 152 Defense.
Dragapult's primary type is Dragon, Miraidon has the highest Special Attack of any Dragon at 135, Dragapult has 135 Special Attack.
Iron Hands's primary type is Fighting, Gallade has the highest Special Defense of any Fighting at 115, Iron Hands has 115 Special Defense.
Kingambit's primary type is Dark, Chien-Pao has the highest Speed of any Dark at 135, Kingambit has 135 Speed.

Once Arceus gets released, definitely clause out its non-Normal forms, since it's super boring if everything is at least 120.

KaenSoul

is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Community Leader

Metagame Premise:

Bans/Clauses:
  • Koraidon and Miraidon

• Too hard to balance?
  • Is the name ok?
I think your idea has a lot of potential, and it would be better if we make it a bit simpler, first remove the "One mon can't be used as a donor twice", because well, why do you need this? It would only apply if you stack multiple receivers of the same type AND if a Pokémon is somehow the top donor for multiple stats, and there are so few cases that it will just confuse people the few times this rule will apply. After all, you can't have two Pokémon in the same slot, so it doesn't matter that Iron Bundle can give 136 speed to both Water and Ice Types.
Having the donors only give for their primary type was a suggestion mostly to have separate pools for every type making them more unique and independent, reduces the instances where you have to double-check if a donor is twice, but seriously, just remove that rule and this one will not be necessary either, if we don't have the "repeated donors" clause then you don't need this and the format is simpler.
Ban both Chansey and Blissey, 250HP is just absurd, it gets broken if you give it to anyone and Chansey/Blissey receiving Defense is also crazy.
There is some other dumb stuff like 165HP Toxapex, but I guess you will want to play test before banning too much.
I made a table with the post HOME donors (I would be surprised if this get approved soon enough to have more than a few months of pre HOME).

TypeHPAtkDefSpASpDSpe
Normal255 Blissey160 Slaking120 Arceus128 Meloetta135 Blissey121 Cyclizar
Water165 Alomomola160 Palafin-Hero180 Cloyster150 Kyogre142 Toxapex136 Iron Bundle
Grass123 Gogoat130 Breloom130 Leafeon125 Arboliva135 Wo-Chien150 Electrode-Hisui
Fire120 Arceus130 Flareon140 Torkoal140 Iron Moth120 Chi-Yu126 Talonflame
Electric154 Iron Hands140 Iron Hands120 Arceus145 Thundurus-Therian120 Arceus200 Regieleki
Ground155 Ting-Lu150 Groudon140 Groudon121 Sandy Shocks120 Toedscruel120 Dugtrio
Rock120 Arceus134 Tyranitar184 Avalugg-Hisui130 Glimmora150 Carbink120 Arceus
Flying150 Drifblim150 Rayquaza120 Arceus150 Rayquaza125 Articuno126 Talonflame
Ice170 Cetitan165 Calyrex-Ice184 Avalugg130 Glaceon135 Cryogonal136 Iron Bundle
Dark155 Ting-Lu160 Hoopa-Unbound125 Ting-Lu170 Hoopa-Unbound135 Wo-Chien135 Chien-Pao
Psychic120 Farigiraf165 Calyrex-Ice150 Calyrex-Ice170 Hoopa-Unbound130 Hoopa150 Calyrex-Shadow
Steel122 Copperajah150 Zacian-Crowned145 Orthworm150 Dialga150 Goodra-Hisui148 Zacian-Crowned
Fairy140 Wigglytuff150 Zacian-Crowned150 Carbink136 Hatterene154 Florges148 Zacian-Crowned
Ghost150 Drifblim125 Ceruledge120 Arceus165 Calyrex-Shadow135 Flutter Mane150 Calyrex-Shadow
Poison140 Eternatus130 Sneasler152 Toxapex145 Eternatus142 Toxapex130 Eternatus
Fighting154 Iron Hands140 Iron Hands140 Zamazenta-Crowned120 Iron Valiant140 Zamazenta-Crowned138 Zamazenta
Dragon200 Regidrago150 Rayquaza120 Arceus150 Dialga150 Goodra142 Dragapult

You could blank ban all the Ubers from being donors to reduce powercreep a bit, but I think either way could work, some types like Dragon don't even drop that much if you ban Rayquaza as there is Haxorus at 147 and if you ban that too there is Baxcalibur at 145 anyway. It is better to just go case by case with the donors, like banning Hoopa-Unbound.
I'm assuming battle only forms can be donors as unlike Godly Gift, you don't have to choose the donors in the builder.
Once Arceus gets released, definitely clause out its non-Normal forms, since it's super boring if everything is at least 120.
Do not do this, as 120 is actually quite low for most types, if anything it helps at patching up the Defense of 1/4 of the types as Arceus mostly show up in that slot and the remaining types have over 140 Defense (except for Grass (130) and Dark (125)).

Ability list:
Ice: Mountaineer (ik it's a cap ability but still)

Potential Threats:

This is too arbitrary, as you are just choosing the abilities you think are the best fit.

Last edited:
Here's how it works (I'm pretty sure).

:sv/scizor::sv/maushold::sv/clodsire::sv/dragapult::sv/iron-hands::sv/kingambit:

Scizor's primary type is Bug, Volcarona has the highest HP of any Bug at 85, Scizor has 85 HP.
Maushold's primary type is Normal, Slaking has the highest Attack of any Normal at 160, Maushold has 160 Attack.
Clodsire's primary type is Poison, Toxapex has the highest Defense of any Poison at 152, Clodsire has 152 Defense.
Dragapult's primary type is Dragon, Miraidon has the highest Special Attack of any Dragon at 135, Dragapult has 135 Special Attack.
Iron Hands's primary type is Fighting, Gallade has the highest Special Defense of any Fighting at 115, Iron Hands has 115 Special Defense.
Kingambit's primary type is Dark, Chien-Pao has the highest Speed of any Dark at 135, Kingambit has 135 Speed.

Yup that's how it works, thx for explaining ^^

I think your idea has a lot of potential, and it would be better if we make it a bit simpler, first remove the "One mon can't be used as a donor twice", because well, why do you need this? It would only apply if you stack multiple receivers of the same type AND if a Pokémon is somehow the top donor for multiple stats, and there are so few cases that it will just confuse people the few times this rule will apply. After all, you can't have two Pokémon in the same slot, so it doesn't matter that Iron Bundle can give 136 speed to both Water and Ice Types.
Having the donors only give for their primary type was a suggestion mostly to have separate pools for every type making them more unique and independent, reduces the instances where you have to double-check if a donor is twice, but seriously, just remove that rule and this one will not be necessary either, if we don't have the "repeated donors" clause then you don't need this and the format is simpler.
Ban both Chansey and Blissey, 250HP is just absurd, it gets broken if you give it to anyone and Chansey/Blissey receiving Defense is also crazy.
There is some other dumb stuff like 165HP Toxapex, but I guess you will want to play test before banning too much.
I made a table with the post HOME donors (I would be surprised if this get approved soon enough to have more than a few months of pre HOME).
Alright, no more One mon can't be used as a donor twice. But I'm not really sure what you mean by the second part, are you saying that the receiver of the stat boost should receive the higher boost of both types and get rid of the primary type rule, or are you saying that I shouldn't use the potential rule that I asked the community about of donors needing to have the same primary type as the mon inheriting its stat?
Ok blissey and chansey should be banned as donors and as receivers, makes sense.

KaenSoul

Community Leader
Alright, no more One mon can't be used as a donor twice. But I'm not really sure what you mean by the second part, are you saying that the receiver of the stat boost should receive the higher boost of both types and get rid of the primary type rule, or are you saying that I shouldn't use the potential rule that I asked the community about of donors needing to have the same primary type as the mon inheriting its stat?
Ok blissey and chansey should be banned as donors and as receivers, makes sense.
It was about donating with the potential rule, and if you are removing the first rule, then there is no need to think about it.

Pure rock types are amazing in this meta, especially after arceus' release
Mons: :sv/lycanroc-dusk: :sv/garganacl::sv/Lycanroc-Midnight: :sv/Klawf: :sv/sudowoodo:
Abilities: Purifying salt, Tough claws, rock head, regenerator, no guard
Moves: Salt cure, Recover, head smash, wood hammer, high horsepower, Sucker Punch, Spikes, accelerock, close combat

Some sets:
:sv/lycanroc:@ Choice Band/Wide lens/air balloon
Ability: Rock Head
Tera Type: Flying/Grass/Fighting
252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Head Smash
- Wood Hammer
- Close Combat
- Sucker Punch/Swords Dance
This guy hits like a truck, we've never seen a fast head smasher before. With A band set, it has near perfect coverage, and sucker gives it decent priority to revenge kill certain mons. You could also run an sd set with either Wide lens or air balloon, but if you want air balloon you might want tera Grass or fighting.

:sv/Lycanroc-dusk:@ Life Orb
Ability: Tough Claws
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly/Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Close Combat
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance
Tough claws Extreme killer is bonkers when Home releases, CC+sucker is great coverage and You could run Jolly or Adamant, it doesn't rly matter.

Banning specific Pokemon from passing stats feels too similar to old Shared Power. Better to just ban Normal-types from being in the first slot.

KaenSoul

Community Leader
Banning specific Pokemon from passing stats feels too similar to old Shared Power. Better to just ban Normal-types from being in the first slot.
What? It would be like banning gods from Godly Gift or moves from stabmons, this tier could be impossible to balance if there are no Pokémon banned from donating stats, Regidrago has a similar effect and the amount and Hoopa-U could require banning Darks from both Attacking slots.
I expect the tier to not be balanced until you reduce the options for most types to something around 130 by banning donors, if we ban types from certain slots it could end too complex and maybe force Water-types to be banned as a whole.

But that's just a way this could go, the priority should still be on banning the abusers and only if that isn't enough it would be fine to ban the donors, banning the type from a slot just doesn't feel right.

Last edited:
What? It would be like banning gods from Godly Gift or moves from stabmons, this tier could be impossible to balance if there are no Pokémon banned from donating stats, Regidrago has a similar effect and the amount and Hoopa-U could require banning Darks from both Attacking slots.
I expect the tier to not be balanced until you reduce the options for most types to something around 130 by banning donors, if we ban types from certain slots it could end too complex and maybe force Water-types to be banned as a whole.

But that's just a way this could go, the priority should still be on banning the abusers and only if that isn't enough it would be fine to ban the donors, banning the type from a slot just doesn't feel right.
It's really not comparable to Godly Gift or STABmons. Pokemon can still "learn" banned moves in STABmons, but they're not allowed to use them. It's the same as being able to learn Double Team or Horn Drill. Godly Gift is somewhat arbitrary what counts as a god, but the underlying mechanic of what happens when you have a god on your team never changes.

The underlying mechanic of Genetic Selection is "the Pokemon with the highest stat of that type passes its stat". Preventing certain Pokemon from passing their stats isn't "banning" them, it's changing the underlying mechanic to "the Pokemon with the highest stat of that type passes its stat, except in these specific cases where the Pokemon with the second (or third, or fourth, or fifth, or...) highest stat of that type passes its stat". It's exactly like old Shared Power's problem of "every Pokemon on your team shares their abilities, except for these specific abilities which don't get shared".

KaenSoul

Community Leader
It's really not comparable to Godly Gift or STABmons. Pokemon can still "learn" banned moves in STABmons, but they're not allowed to use them. It's the same as being able to learn Double Team or Horn Drill. Godly Gift is somewhat arbitrary what counts as a god, but the underlying mechanic of what happens when you have a god on your team never changes.

The underlying mechanic of Genetic Selection is "the Pokemon with the highest stat of that type passes its stat". Preventing certain Pokemon from passing their stats isn't "banning" them, it's changing the underlying mechanic to "the Pokemon with the highest stat of that type passes its stat, except in these specific cases where the Pokemon with the second (or third, or fourth, or fifth, or...) highest stat of that type passes its stat". It's exactly like old Shared Power's problem of "every Pokemon on your team shares their abilities, except for these specific abilities which don't get shared".
That's fair, but if we can't directly control that, then there is always the risk of new Pokémon being introduced mid generation that could require more locked slots, and those locks sound more limiting on team building that any kind of ban, specially if multiple are used. It can work, but it would really need to be a last resort thing.

Just wondering, how does one play test a theoretical meta? Just editing the damage calc and trying to determine what would be viable in the meta (sorry first time making an om)

KaenSoul

Community Leader
Just wondering, how does one play test a theoretical meta? Just editing the damage calc and trying to determine what would be viable in the meta (sorry first time making an om)
The better is to wait and see if it gets approved, then it may become playable on main or a side server like ROM, so you have time to analyze stuff before your first omotm or forum tour.
You could also try to code it yourself for a personal server, is not exactly hard but requires coding knowledge obv.
But the point was, dont go too hard on the ban list until you can actually play.

The better is to wait and see if it gets approved, then it may become playable on main or a side server like ROM, so you have time to analyze stuff before your first omotm or forum tour.
You could also try to code it yourself for a personal server, is not exactly hard but requires coding knowledge obv.
But the point was, dont go too hard on the ban list until you can actually play.
Alright, Ty

There are some Pokemon that get to pass on moves/abilities that I really like. Some Pokemon worth noting, at a glance:

:Murkrow: :Riolu: :Sableye: :Klefki:

Hello Prankster bunch. Grimmsnarl and Grafaiai don't share their types with any other lines so they aren't relevant here. Giving these four types access to Prankster could be relevant for their typings. Spritomb gets Prankster Recover (or in fact any Sableye moveset as they are the only two Ghost/Dark in the tier). Iron Jugulis gets Prankster Roost and Nasty Plot thanks to Bombirdier. Tinkaton might prefer to have Mold Breaker but could always see benefits from Prankster Magnet Rise. And a lot of fighting types wouldn't mind being able to start a turn by Bulking Up before their opponent gets to hit them.

Once the genies are no longer unreleased, Prankster Defog becomes an option for Electric/Flying and pure Flying mons.

Question to clarify though: does the order of the types matter? (Noivern is Flying/Dragon, Altaria is Dragon/Flying, do they count as the same types for this)

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
There are some Pokemon that get to pass on moves/abilities that I really like. Some Pokemon worth noting, at a glance:

:Murkrow: :Riolu: :Sableye: :Klefki:

Hello Prankster bunch. Grimmsnarl and Grafaiai don't share their types with any other lines so they aren't relevant here. Giving these four types access to Prankster could be relevant for their typings. Spritomb gets Prankster Recover (or in fact any Sableye moveset as they are the only two Ghost/Dark in the tier). Iron Jugulis gets Prankster Roost and Nasty Plot thanks to Bombirdier. Tinkaton might prefer to have Mold Breaker but could always see benefits from Prankster Magnet Rise. And a lot of fighting types wouldn't mind being able to start a turn by Bulking Up before their opponent gets to hit them.

Once the genies are no longer unreleased, Prankster Defog becomes an option for Electric/Flying and pure Flying mons.

Question to clarify though: does the order of the types matter? (Noivern is Flying/Dragon, Altaria is Dragon/Flying, do they count as the same types for this)
Typing order does not matter

What if, instead of an arbitrary list of Pokemon ("oh no let's hope we didn't forget to update ______ after it was added later in the gen") it worked in a similar fashion to Inheritance? You have to name the Pokemon after a Pokemon that it shares a type with. Then, based on which slot in the party it is in, it gets the appropriate stat from that donor. I'm presuming this would be easier to code than "let's check what the highest defense is on a water type in this list". Your method seems to require checking every single non-banned Pokemon in existence to find the highest stat, or to create a specific database with essentially the chart Kaen created earlier. This alternative just checks the Pokemon you chose, and replaces the single appropriate stat.

Admittedly, I do not know if this version is better or worse. I do however thinks this fixes some of the potential flaws this concept is currently running with.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)