Pokemon Black & White, aka Gen 5. Coming to Japan in Fall 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The actual words of the grunt are:"I my country go home.Make team rocket I will".Thanks youtube.

Edit:Seeing the original game silver the rocket grunt doesnt say anything about making team rocket :O

Oh really? That's very interesting, then. Personally, Team Rocket has always been my favorite out of all the evil groups, so I'd love to see them come back. I like how they have realistic goals like money, power, etc. As opposed to Team Magma/Aqua (who really had no motive for what they were doing) and Team Galactic (whose plans were completely bonkers, not to mention suicidal). GameFreak should give the boss villians some better Pokemon this time around, though...cough Tyranitar cough cough. Make those little eight-year olds cry!

yeah mines too.I checked both original versions of the game just in case.HG/SS say everything the grunt says from the original but in the originals after he says wait should he do,he disappers and in HG/SS he talks about remaking team rocket.SO exciting if team rocket really would be back ^^

Oh really? That's very interesting, then. Personally, Team Rocket has always been my favorite out of all the evil groups, so I'd love to see them come back. I like how they have realistic goals like money, power, etc. As opposed to Team Magma/Aqua (who really had no motive for what they were doing) and Team Galactic (whose plans were completely bonkers, not to mention suicidal). GameFreak should give the boss villians some better Pokemon this time around, though...cough Tyranitar cough cough. Make those little eight-year olds cry!
Please, no. I've already played Pokemon Gold, Silver, and Crystal, I've played Heart Gold, I don't want to play what is essentially Pocket Monsters: Re:Gold & Silver Versions, or "let's reuse GS's story, but throw it into a different region, change the faces, and call it good." I of course don't mind the repetitive nature of Pokemon so far as beating eight gym leaders, followed by the Elite Four, but this would be too much for me--Pokemon's never been about the plot, yeah, but there's still no need to entirely reuse a plot point that's already been done. They already used that card for Team Rocket in Gold and Silver, there's no need or reason to use it again, and I'll be terribly disappointed if Game Freak doesn't even bother to make it Team Aqua, Magma, or Galactic that's revived if they go that route, but Team Rocket... again. If they were to do it with Aqua, Magma, or Galactic, I'd still be annoyed, but at least they haven't had games with them attempting to be revived yet, so it wouldn't be as bad... Rocket does though, so that would just be silly.

So, pretty much, new team or bust for me, or at least make it Magma/Aqua/Galactic that returns. Just no more Team Rocket, though, please.

What I see happening is that the next game has Giovanni return. He's still around somewhere. He's an iconic character in a way none of the rest of the villains have been. There is so much to work with there. Why waste it. Every gen has had a game with Team Rocket, 5th gen should too.

I was reading that one post on serebii forums tha was linked and it was saying how the region that the 5th gen region could be based on was home to the Yakuza. Does anyone else think that it would be pretty cool if the next team could be like the Yakuza where all the grunts could be wearing suits and robbing banks and shit lie that. I for one think that would be really cool.

I also like the idea of having your own gym and people challenging you and stuff.
What if instead of getting your own gym, you got a Gym that you could mystery gift with people and get them as the Leader of it?

What I see happening is that the next game has Giovanni return. He's still around somewhere. He's an iconic character in a way none of the rest of the villains have been. There is so much to work with there. Why waste it. Every gen has had a game with Team Rocket, 5th gen should too.
Which is pretty much why I'm tired of Team Rocket and Kanto, They've been done to death in every generation. It's time to move on from them. The TR in the anime's still fine, but in the games... it's just tiring. They were beaten in RBY, brought back in GSC, we re-beat them in FR/LG, and re-brought back and defeated in HGSS, along with Kanto. After playing all of those games save one (SoulSilver)... I've pretty tired of that, and would like to just put it behind me. They were all fun, but that's really enough for me. Team Rocket was introduced, defeated, attempted to be reformed, but failed, and defeated again. Anything more with them would pretty much just be a repeat of what's already been done, most likely of Gold and Silver's plot, and thus, at least I'd prefer to just have some new team again than to entirely reuse already existing game's basic plotline.

As for Giovanni... I wouldn't mind a small cameo-type thing with him somewhere, similar to the event in HG/SS and continuing where it left off, so long as he doesn't bring Team Rocket with him. I mean, there's a reason the guy didn't actually show up to help TR in the plot of GSC... And the Celebi event helps elaborate on that: he was planning on helping them, but after being beaten by Lyra/Ethan, repeating his defeat by Red in the original games, his mind began to shift, and he realized that the dream of Team Rocket was just an illusion. That's why he doesn't actually show up to help. Him changing again and actually resurrecting TR/helping out a resurrected Team Rocket would just be weird after that--he didn't help TR out in Johto, but he helps them here? That's just weird...

Although... thinking down that line though gives me an idea for a Rocket-based plotline I wouldn't actually mind, as a true conclusion to Team Rocket, once and for all: the Grunt does end up going to another region, and manages to get a small following there. As the player of course, you have to stop this and set out to defeat them. While you're doing this however, you join up with a mysterious person who also seeks to make it to make it to the head of this new Team Rocket faction, and helps you out in a Double Battle or two along the way (think: the way Lance helped you out in HG/SS and such). Eventually you make it to the head, and defeat him. However, he still doesn't give up, and is prepares to take drastic methods of some sort. That's when the mysterious man shows up again, and reveals himself to be Giovanni, the original head of Team Rocket. The new head naturally recognizes him and such, but then recalls how he was helping the player to defeat some of his minions, and is confused. That's when Giovanni explains that being defeated by Red bean to cause him to rethink thinks a bit and try to become stronger, but being defeated by Hibiki/Kotone made him realize that Team Rocket was from the beginning a futile endeavor, doomed to be defeated by people with true strength of Heat and Soul. After he finishes his speech, he leaves, and the new Head Grunt surrenders.

I suppose if it ends up going something like that, and gives true closure to the Rocket storyline, then I wouldn't mind it, especially if it was somehow worked out to be more of a post-game plotline and not the main focus of the games themselves (like, something slightly different from the above: after you beat the Elite Four, you'll shortly get a call about the grunt taking over that region's Radio Tower with a small group of followers or something. You go there, beat up the lackeys, and end up teaming up with a Mysterious Man to take down the head guy along the way. After the fight, the Mysterious Man reveals himself to be Giovanni, and it continues from there). But if it's just a re-hash of G/S's plotline through and through, especially if they throw Giovanni in there as being wholly evil and behind Team Rocket, I could do without it.

I wouldn't be surprised if that were to happen, Naxte. It would be hilarious if you had just revealed the plot of a game that we weren't even supposed to get for another year.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Groudon wasn't really magma related...it was the controller of land and continents. Sure, it has Lava Plume and Eruption and moves like that, but so does Typhlosion, a Pokemon that has nothing to do with magma. Besides Magmar and Magmortar (whose names are portmanteaus involving "magma") we have Macargo (a fire/rock Pokemon literally made out of molten magma), Camerupt, and Heatran. I think every aspect of magma/lava/volcanoes has already been utilized, and they're all fire types. Unless one of these above Pokes gets a sweet evolution (Heatran evo ftw!) I don't think there's a hope for another one.
That wasn't even the point. The point I was getting at is that it's stupid to say "because a pokemon is of types x/y it has to have stats z," there's no rule to this. With the degree of completely illogical stuff included in pokemon (and the room for creativity of the human imagination) there's no reason to say there are limits to things as arbitrary as the potential base speed of a rock/ground type.

Compared to changes as big as making 2 whole new types like in GS or making the special/physical split in DP, saying "oh, why don't we make a rock/ground type with 110 base speed" is hardly revolutionary.

There have been truly revolutionary pokemon. Breloom took "grass type" in a totally different direction. Rotom completely changes the outlook on what an electric pokemon can be. Infernape set a completely different pace for wall breakers and fire types. Nintendo can make pokes that break the mold of a given type if they wants to.

That wasn't even the point. The point I was getting at is that it's stupid to say "because a pokemon is of types x/y it has to have stats z," there's no rule to this. With the degree of completely illogical stuff included in pokemon (and the room for creativity of the human imagination) there's no reason to say there are limits to things as arbitrary as the potential base speed of a rock/ground type.

Compared to changes as big as making 2 whole new types like in GS or making the special/physical split in DP, saying "oh, why don't we make a rock/ground type with 110 base speed" is hardly revolutionary.

There have been truly revolutionary pokemon. Breloom took "grass type" in a totally different direction. Rotom completely changes the outlook on what an electric pokemon can be. Infernape set a completely different pace for wall breakers and fire types. Nintendo can make pokes that break the mold of a given type if they wants to.
Oh, sorry. I didn't read your original post, just the one about wanting another magma Pokemon. I completely agree with what you're saying. Types shouldn't limit what a Pokemon's stats should be. Bring on the Rock/Ground sweepers and Bug/Fire rapid spinners! (OK, maybe that last one won't really work out...)

Rock/Ground SPECIAL sweepers, mind. With a new special rock move (Think Paleo Wave) and Earth Power. And a decent physical attack and movepool to go mixed.

You know, if that actually happend, I wouldn't be all that surprised. Nintendo's been changing old logic for pokemon. For instance, steel types are slow? Lucario and Jirachi (Who doesn't really count, but eh). Fire types in general don't really work (Except for the Uber ones)? Retool Moltres, shove in Blaziken and Infernape and Heatran.

Lucario broke the mold in a number of ways by being a pretty fast/frail Steel and being a Fighting type with excellent SpA and the moves to use with it.
In many ways, I thought it was the poster child for the Physical/Special split.
There are also Normal/Flying pokemon that break the mold (Noctowl, Togekiss) and a slow, relatively sturdy pure Electric type named Ampharos.

So I think the time is ripe for them to explore some other concepts made more viable by the Gen IV split.
IMO, the boost to rock types' SpD in a sandstorm was a partial answer to the new realities of them dying to the special forms of resisted/neutral attacks.
Hopefully we'll get Rock types with more varied stat distributions than the typical high attack and defense, low SpD and slow as, well, a rock.

Lucario broke the mold in a number of ways by being a pretty fast/frail Steel and being a Fighting type with excellent SpA and the moves to use with it.
In many ways, I thought it was the poster child for the Physical/Special split.
I think Lucario was pretty much the poster boy for the entire fourth gen. Why else would he get his own movie and replace Mewtwo in Brawl? :p
Hey, speaking of that...if they come out with a fourth game in the Super Smash Bros. series, do you think Zoroark will be one of the representatives for the Pokemon franchise? Maybe some cool move that lets him turn into his opponent...I'm getting really off topic now, so I'll stop.

lucario DID NOT replaced mewtwo, mewtwo was suppose to also be in the game (it was found inside the game data stuff that prove that, incluiding some voices from mewtwo saying stuff like SHADOW BALL) but it was scrapped along with other characters because there was no time left but since i am also getting off topic here and i dont want to waste this post so i am going to say: we do need a fast rock type pokemon, even though almost all rock types get rock polish they are still slow thanks to they awesome base speed that almost never hits the 65.

For instance, steel types are slow? Lucario and Jirachi (Who doesn't really count, but eh).

Steel-type attackers with the speed to hit first...no offense, but I think you missed a big one. A big, red, angry-looking one. But still, that's just more evidence for your point. GameFreak is trying more and more concepts that break the mold with each gen, whether it's making new Pokemon or teaching the old ones new tricks. At the same time, they also seem fixated on certain bad ideas, like the slow-as-molasses Rock/Steel type with unholy physical defense. "Hey, maybe if we just keep making them, they'll somehow lose their 4x weakness to Ground and Fighting!" Sorry guys, not gonna happen.

Well, Dialga's Uber. So I didn't mention it. All ubers have really high numbers in all their stats.

Aside from things like Deoxys and Wobbafett, but those are odd cases.

LOL, I was talking about Scizor and Bullet Punch. Last time I checked, Dialga wasn't red :p anyway I was just giving more evidence to your theory.

Eh, I was thinking red eyes. Whatever. Priority moves obviously don't count in that, because it did, then Ice types would be fast because of Ice Shard, when many of them are still slow.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Rock/Ground SPECIAL sweepers, mind. With a new special rock move (Think Paleo Wave) and Earth Power. And a decent physical attack and movepool to go mixed.
I think Mixed is optimal. I do want to see some better (read: more accurate) rock moves on both fronts, but using Earthquake > Earth Power will always be extremely useful for taking out Tyranitar. Of course in many ways, Rock/Fighting would probably be an even better fast sweeper than Rock/Ground because Special Rock + Physical Fighting would rape a great deal of the meta. Of course as mentioned, throw Overheat into either mix and it'd become even more awesome.

@Dialga/Palkia

Looking back at the poster-child legends of DP, I really do have to shake my head at the awesomess/insanity of GF.

"Lol, why don't we just take Dragon and combine it with the 2 other most broken types in the game-- never mind that there's magically really good synergy between all 3 types."

Seriously, Dragon/Water is the epitome of "Bulky Water Offense" with only 1 weakness (albeit a really bad weakness to have when slow) and near perfect dual-stab (near-perfect dual STAB seems to be something GF is really stingy with).

Dragon/Steel works out amazingly well defensively, and making out great for tank or wall. Of course Steel helps little to nothing offensively, but when you're a tank, you only really need 1 good STAB move (as proven by bulky waters in OU).

Not to mention that Dialga and Palkia got stat distributions that almost perfectly meshed with their respective type combinations. Of course Pressure is rather "Meh," unfortunately, but otherwise both designs were pretty awesome by my book.

Not easy to top, if GF wanted to top of course.

GameFreak should give the boss villians some better Pokemon this time around, though...cough Tyranitar cough cough. Make those little eight-year olds cry!
The boss in Colosseum had Tyranitar. Along with Salamance, Machamp, Slaking, Slowking and Scizor. Not the best of teams but certainly better then Archie's for example.

I agree though, it would be nice for the boss to be a real challenge. Perhaps even a real strategy. For example, a Trick Room would have worked great with Cyrus.

Gah, I've always regretted never playing Colosseum. It sounds like a lot of fun.

Trick room with Cyrus? Didn't he have Weavile and Crobat :l imo what Cyrus needed was some Pokes who weren't weak to rock and electric. Luxray swept his ass in two seconds.

Edit: Oh, now I get what you mean. Yeah, that's a good point. Give him a Bronzong to start it off (it would have made sense, since all of the admins have Bronzors), then Umbreon or Absol or guys like that. It would have made a lot more sense and maybe actually posed a bit of a challenge!

Something I'd like to see in these new games are boss wild Pokemon fights. For example, you have to fight a Tyranitar (in case you can't tell, I like Tyranitar) that Team Whatever has enhanced with some crazy power. You can't catch it, and it's base stats are way higher than normal. Maybe it even gets some special moves, a la those Shadow Moves from XD that I'm always hearing about. Anyway, it's power makes it hard to beat, but its weakness is that it's only one Pokemon and can't use recovery items. Maybe something like this would encourage more balanced teams, since it would be hard to beat with just one Pokemon if you happened to have a type disadvantage. Just a thought...

Gah, I've always regretted never playing Colosseum. It sounds like a lot of fun.

Trick room with Cyrus? Didn't he have Weavile and Crobat :l imo what Cyrus needed was some Pokes who weren't weak to rock and electric. Luxray swept his ass in two seconds.
I meant a entirely different team fit to use Trick Room :p Seeing as he's all about changing the world around him I think Trick Room would have been his thing.

And both games are a lot of fun imo. Better plots regarding evil teams and it's interesting to play with some pokémon you probably wouldn't be using otheriwse. I'm hoping it gets a sequel in gen V

Same here. Colo/XD were some really good times, and handed pokemon moves that were pretty cool on them (Morning Sun Butterfree anyone? How about Baton pass on everything and their mothers?).

The boss in Colosseum had Tyranitar. Along with Salamance, Machamp, Slaking, Slowking and Scizor. Not the best of teams but certainly better then Archie's for example.

I agree though, it would be nice for the boss to be a real challenge. Perhaps even a real strategy. For example, a Trick Room would have worked great with Cyrus.
The bosses in PBR were really well thought-out, comparatively, with Trick Room teams and such. It would be nice if this kind of stuff was implemented into the main line games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)