Still need an answer on my Yveltal.

Yveltal - #717 (Hasty)
HP: 30 - 31
Att: 30 - 31
Def: 16 - 17
SpA: 18 - 19
SpD: 12 - 13
Speed: 30 - 31

I guess I could keep going, to find a better stat one. can this work, or should I keep going for even better stats?

For Xerneas and Yveltal, a Lv100 Seismic Toss/Night Shader user can be used to check if their HP is 201 (if the bar turns yellow, it's 200 and below; if green it's 201). It's recommended that you catch said poke, and have someone level it via Exp Share so that it doesn't disobey.
Isn't just easier to just catch it, and check the stats during the next battle? That's what I do. It usally takes 2-4 turns to catch them, then once the battle starts I just go to the pokemon screen and check it's stats, then use the IV calc here. Yes, you can't see their Natures, but at level 50, you can just put in their stats with a neutral nature, and and positive or negative nature will come up as impossible. Soon you can tell natures just by looking at stats.

02/31/29/31/31/31 Timid Mewtwo... Keep or toss?

Got a better one: 29-5-31-30-31-31
I say keep. this is for a Mewtwo Y right? You pretty much have perfect stats where it counts.

Yeah I'd keep that Mewtwo. 2 HP and 1 SpA off of flawless is definitely acceptable, and you'd need an average of hundreds more resets to do any better.

Zygarde

Adamant

23/31/31/x/26-27/31

I'm a pretty patient person, but this thing isn't particularly thrilling to catch.

what do

Zygarde

Adamant

23/31/31/x/26-27/31

I'm a pretty patient person, but this thing isn't particularly thrilling to catch.

what do
It's a Physical Walk pokemon from what I understand. So having perfect Attack, Defense, and Speed, with near perfect SpD and high HP should be perfect for it.

I say keep. this is for a Mewtwo Y right? You pretty much have perfect stats where it counts.
Yup, it's for either MMY or more likely standard Life Orb.

Yeah I'd keep that Mewtwo. 2 HP and 1 SpA off of flawless is definitely acceptable, and you'd need an average of hundreds more resets to do any better.
But that flawless!!!!... In all seriousness, that's what I was thinking too. SR'ing is already boring as hell as it is.

Some of my resets include:
31/23/5/31/30/31 Timid Xerneas - I liked this at first, but then I wasn't fond of the Defense. Replayed X and tried again.
24/x/31/31/30/31 Timid Xerneas - I did this at 2 in the morning, took me 2 hours to get. Couldn't sleep at the time lol.
28/x/31/31/22/31 Timid Mewtwo
I'm gonna redo this since I am not fond of the Sp. Def: 29/x/31/31/14/31 Modest Yveltal. Replaying Y as we speak.
So yeah, on HP, I am not gonna go lower than 198, which is a 24-25 HP IV. Xerneas' and Yveltal's HP is so high that the difference is not much (2%). The main stats everyone should be worrying about are the defenses as well as Sp. Atk and Speed. Attack if going Physical or Mixed. My standards are way high because I want to outdo my previous resets.

Last edited:

drcossack

I'm everywhere, you ain't never there
My SR's for the Legends:

Yveltal: Naive, 31 / 31 / 23 / 29 / 28 / 31. This was on my second playthrough of Y (first run, I ended up getting a Naive with IVs of 8-9 and 13-14 for its Attacking stats) - in one of my SR attempts, I ended up getting a 4-5/30-31/30-31/30-31/30-31/30-31 Naive, which I very nearly kept...but then I looked at its level 100 HP, and my OCD took over, deciding that 366-367 HP wasn't enough for me. Mixed LO Yveltal is FANTASTIC.

Mewtwo 1, captured on Y: Timid, 28 / 23 / 31 / 31 / 3 / 31. Was looking for flawless SpA and Speed, but I don't like the SpDef. I frequently use this on unrated Battle Spot as Mega Mewtwo Y, and he does a great job at murdering pretty much everything that isn't named Mega Mawile or Mega Kangaskhan.

Mewtwo 2: Timid, 24 - 25 / 30 - 31 / 26 - 27 / 28 - 29 / 30 - 31 / 30 - 31 (unleveled and un-EV'd), caught this one on X since I didn't like the first Mewtwo's Special Defense.

Xerneas: Timid, 31 / 27 / 9 / 28 / 31 / 31. Defense is a little low, but the Geomancy set doesn't mind too much unless you run into Scizor or Lucario. I may try to get a better one (either off the GTS or in a 2nd playthrough of X), but that can wait.

I also ended up getting an HP Ice Zapdos on X, but I traded that to SapphireBirch for a 5x Flawless Timid Gengar (since I view the Kanto Birds and Mewtwo as nothing more than trade fodder)

Just caught a Yveltal. I am only in the fight against the boss, so can't see nature, but it is either one of these 2.

Yveltal - #717 (Naive)
HP: 20 - 21
Def: 6 - 7
SpA: 30 - 31
SpD: 28 - 29
Speed: 14 - 15

Yveltal - #717 (Hasty)
HP: 20 - 21
Def: 30 - 31
SpD: 4 - 5

Should I keep? I am going for a weakness policy mixed attacked set. With a hasty Nature and full speed IV's, what will Yveltal's Level 100 speed be, and will it outrun a lot?

Ok, After more reseting, I got my Keeper.

Yveltal - #717 (Hasty)
HP: 18 - 19
SpD: 14 - 15

Not quite the Perfect HP I was hoping for, but this is damn good. Perfect Speed, Attack, Defense, and SpA. High HP, Average SpD. This should suit my needs just fine. This set should Tank any SE hit I want, activate weakness Policy, then outspeed most pokemon with oblivion wing for the kill and heal.

Last edited:
Yo,

I have a Timid Mewtwo 31/X/31/31/29/31.

I honestly wanted a perfect one, but would this be acceptable for competitive purposes? Thanks.

Last edited:
Yo,

I have a Timid Mewtwo 31/X/31/31/29/31.

I honestly wanted a perfect one, but would this be acceptable for competitive purposes? Thanks.
Nothing to see here, sombody's just trying to show off.
(Seriously? You have perfect stats in everything but a 29 in SpD, what the hell do you think?)

Here is the Yveltal that I decided to keep, for your reference.

Yveltal - #717 (Timid)
HP: 18 - 19 (195)
Att: 28 - 31 (135)
Def: 26 - 27 (113)
SpA: 30 - 31 (151)
SpD: 30 - 31 (118)
Speed: 30 - 31 (130)

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Ok, starting hunting for Yveltal's. I am looking for a hasty with High Attack, SpA, Speed, and Defenses/HP. 3rd time in I got this guy

Yveltal - #717 (Lonely)
HP: 10 - 11
Att: 24 - 25
SpD: 30 - 31

Not the nature I was looking for, and speed and HP are only average, but it seems good. I am thinking of using a Weakness Policy set, so I do need speed, hence the hasty or Naive set wanted. If this had Perfect Speed, I would grab it in a second... but I think I am going to pass. Gonna wait 20 minutes for any feedback before i do, so hopefully passing is not a bad idea.

EDIT: Ok, I just got one I am pretty sure is a Keeper.

Yveltal - #717 (Hasty)
HP: 30 - 31
Def: 16 - 17
SpA: 18 - 19
SpD: 12 - 13

SpA attack... is a little low. Not terribly low, but above average. Not the perfect I wanted, but it's doable. The Speed, HP, and Attack are perfect, which are just as important. if I have Weakness Policy on, and I put at least 126 EV's into it;s SpA, the 2 Special moves i am giving it(Oblivion Wing and either Focus Blast or Psychic) should still hit pretty hard. I will put 252 in speed so it can outrun most things and use that Oblivion wing to heal any damage it takes.
I'd reset. Lower special attack is a turn off. Pretty bad defensive iv's also are a huge turnoff. I'd personally aim for SpA/spe/hp as your 3 31 IV stats with hopefully 18+ in the other stats

I'd reset. Lower special attack is a turn off. Pretty bad defensive iv's also are a huge turnoff. I'd personally aim for SpA/spe/hp as your 3 31 IV stats with hopefully 18+ in the other stats
Yeah I did reset, and went with this guy

Yveltal - #717 (Hasty)
HP: 18 - 19
SpD: 14 - 15

Only think lower then 18 is SpD. I can live with that. if I max HP it should live through most SE attacks. And activate the Weakness policy I plan to run. I also plan to use it with a BPing Secoliped, for a bit more speed and attack. Thing will murder everything

I just got this off the GTS today
Lonely Yveltal 23/31/18/29/31/31
I would have liked the HP to be a bit higher, but since it's only a 2-3% difference, I think I could live with it. What does everyone else think?

Last edited:
I just got this off the GTS today
Lonely Yveltal 23/31/18/29/31/31
I would have liked the HP to be a bit higher, but since it's only a 2-3% difference, I think I could live with it. What does everyone else think?
That looks pretty damn good. The defense lowering with that IV MAY hurt... but that powerful sucker punch will make up for it.

Hey all.

I'm trying for Xernias at the moment. I'm leaning towards keeping this one, but second opinions are welcomed (haven't saved yet).

Xernias

Modest
HP: 28 - 29
Atk: 28 - 31
Def: 24 - 25

By the way, I guess I should've asked before, but which nature's better for Xernias, Modest or Timid? Not that I'm knowledgeable about Ubers battling in general, but my train of thought is that Power Herb sets like Modest for the power, but at the same time, Xernias has more base speed than a lot of other Ubers. Decisions decisions.

Hey all.

I'm trying for Xernias at the moment. I'm leaning towards keeping this one, but second opinions are welcomed (haven't saved yet).

Xernias

Modest
HP: 28 - 29
Atk: 28 - 31
Def: 24 - 25

By the way, I guess I should've asked before, but which nature's better for Xernias, Modest or Timid? Not that I'm knowledgeable about Ubers battling in general, but my train of thought is that Power Herb sets like Modest for the power, but at the same time, Xernias has more base speed than a lot of other Ubers. Decisions decisions.
Keep that. Both natures are usable. That has the potential of outspeeding Adamant Rayquaza and Modest Kyurem before Geomancy. Alternatively, you can also run a bulky spread to tank hits and use Geomancy. Modest is very versatile on Xerneas.

Last edited:
I just caught a perfectly IVed Xerneas. Unfortunately, it's a Quiet one, so it has a massive hit to Speed. I really, really like that it has perfect IVs in every stat (that's like a 0.0003% chance of happening, right?), AND a boost to Special Attack, but I wish to heck it could have been Modest. Should I reset? I should, shouldn't I? Dang it...

Why couldn't you make a way to change Natures, GameFreak?! WHYYYY?!

22/31/31/x/31/31 Adamant Zygarde.

Kept because the HP difference isn't actually too massive to warrant more infuriating resets.

or so I tell myself.

Still torn on whether or not to reset. I honestly can't decide. On the one hand, it's so perfect. And yet, the Speed... What do I DO?!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)