Gen 6 The "Are my Pokémon IVs and Nature good?" Thread

I just caught a perfectly IVed Xerneas. Unfortunately, it's a Quiet one, so it has a massive hit to Speed. I really, really like that it has perfect IVs in every stat (that's like a 0.0003% chance of happening, right?), AND a boost to Special Attack, but I wish to heck it could have been Modest. Should I reset? I should, shouldn't I? Dang it...

Why couldn't you make a way to change Natures, GameFreak?! WHYYYY?!
I wish there was a way to change natures myself.

Anyway... I say keep. Geomancy will negate the speed loss I think. Plus, like you said. Perfect IV's. Plus with that SpA boost, you should be killing everything it touches

And if you REALLY must change natures... I'm sure some action replay code in the future will let you do that.

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I wish there was a way to change natures myself.

Anyway... I say keep. Geomancy will negate the speed loss I think. Plus, like you said. Perfect IV's. Plus with that SpA boost, you should be killing everything it touches

And if you REALLY must change natures... I'm sure some action replay code in the future will let you do that.
It doesn't. Being forced to invest more Evs in speed makes those attacks that xern can just barely take, straight out ohko instead.

Xerneas - #716 (Bold)
HP: 31
Att: 22 - 23
Def: 23 - 24
SpA: 31
SpD: 27 - 28
Speed: 30 - 31

This is my keeper. I don't really care for the ATT too much so the nature works out just fine for me.

I'm here just to brag

Yveltal
Hasty nature
31/31/0/31/31/31

that def is a killer, but 5 perfect IV's is so cool.
Would never keep. That defense is hilarious and will really hurt its performance even though the other stats are perfect.

Xerneas - #716 (Bold)

This is my keeper. I don't really care for the ATT too much so the nature works out just fine for me.
Bold does have some merits against boosted MMX, Ekiller etc and it probably works pretty fine even though the damage loss is noticable. Good luck!

Xerneas - #716 (Bold)

Speed is definitely 31, since you only have 2 other 31s.

That is actually pretty good. It's a shame Def wasn't one of the 31s though.

Saved a Mewtwo last night, not sure if I am going to regret the SpD of this thing or not. Maybe, but everything else was near perfect. This if for Mega Mewtwo Y.

30/15/31/31/7/31

That 7... ;_;

Theorymon

Long Live Super Mario Maker! 2015-2024
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yeah that 7 is pretty damning, since a major selling point of Mega Mewtwo Y is it's god Special Defense :(

Theorymon, not sure if you (or anyone else) could help me out, but on that note I've been trying to figure out exactly how much difference 31 stat points actually makes at level 100. Perhaps we can use my Mewtwo as an example. What is going to kill it with 7 IVs in SpD that otherwise wouldn't with 31 IVs in defense. I'm very poor at stats, and new to competitive battling, but as I'm playing the game, breeding, resetting, etc, I can't help but wonder how much difference a few stat points makes.

Would love some clarity, thank you in advanced to anyone who chimes in.

So this is essentially the 'discuss my pokemon' thread? Would it be better placed in Wi-Fi, like where the previous one was?

@below: I'm not saying anything about the usefulness of the thread itself, I think it is a great idea, I just think, since it is in-game, it might fill the gap that 'discuss my pokemon' left in the Wi-Fi forums.

Last edited:
Hey guys just caught myself a Modest Xerneas with stats 200/131/115/166/118/119, "alert to sounds" after using a reset bag on it. After S.T. and investing 252 SPA, 108 SPD, and 150 DEF it comes to 200/131/133/201/118/133. So best I can figure its IVS are 29/x/30-31/30-31/30-31/31 and after 2 days of SRing it feels pretty damn good :)

Last edited:
Yveltal - #717 (Timid)
191_HP: 10 - 11
135_Att: 31
115_Def: 30 - 31
151_SpA: 30 - 31
117_SpD: 28 - 29
130_Speed: 30 - 31

is this a keeper? or Sr? im catching it right now. hope u could help. thanks!

Yveltal - #717 (Timid)

Tough call man. I caught a couple modest Xerneas during my hunt and almost kept one with the same problem (I think it had 193 HP however many IV's that is). Mmmm your call man, I'd personally try a little longer for that HP if you have a synchronizer with the nature your looking for, but if your going at it full tryhard and don't have one I might keep it. It took 2 days of looking to find mine.

Yveltal - #717 (Timid)

I think I would keep that. With the high base stat in HP, IVs are less important, you will not lose that much overall bulk here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)