NOC OC NOC GAME OVER - Now Despair

Status
Not open for further replies.
rssp is mafia no but if mafia can claim early and get that out of the way, we can move on to more important things, like discovering powered flight. and lynching the mafia. but mostly discovering powered flight

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
i misread that as "powdered flight" and was incredibly confused for about half a second

lynch shubaka17 trying to sow chaos in the village

Original Random Question Sequence DO NOT STEAL

1. Are you an active player? And if not, what can you do to change that? (TL;DR Obligatory activity reminder)
  2. What's the most bastard role you've ever seen in a mafia game?
  3. Which do you believe to be more effective as a scumhunting effort: Random Vote Sequence or Random Question Sequence? Why?
  4. Out of a combined total of 100%, assign percentages to the following mafia game aspects: Scumhunting, Teamwork, Power Roles, and Luck.

Asek

Banned deucer.

1. Are you an active player? And if not, what can you do to change that? (TL;DR Obligatory activity reminder)
  3. Which do you believe to be more effective as a scumhunting effort: Random Vote Sequence or Random Question Sequence? Why?
  4. Out of a combined total of 100%, assign percentages to the following mafia game aspects: Scumhunting, Teamwork, Power Roles, and Luck.
1. no
2. Magma veil / things that alter host results .
3. both are equally useless if im the only one doing it
4. 100 emoji to all

Usually, though dependent on RL sometimes (ie, I'm not a heavy poster on weekends this time of year)

Every role in create your own mafia.

Neither tbh, but I guess RQS.

25% Scumhunting, 22% Teamwork, %22 power roles, 25% luck, 5% math skills.

not an active player, but then usually i'm not on circus more than three times a cycle.

the role i submitted for CYOM, the cult black goo-izer. basically the origin of the strawberries. oops

random voting stage, bc you get to see how bandwagon-y people are

60% luck, 10% scum hunting, 27% power roles, and 3% team work, bc let's face it if we've got a cohesive team together at least 2 of the team is scum

vote asek if everything is then nothing is

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Depends on outside availability
idk
rqs is useless, rvs is helpful
60%, 0%, 10%, 30%

Vote Fort Colorcastle

Ampharos

1. when i feel like it
2. faust
3. they both suck but rvs sucks less
4. in an NOC? 50, 30, 20, 0

anybody who thinks teamwork matters less than power roles or luck has clearly never played as mafia in an NOC before

also luck almost never factors into NOC and when it does it has to do with power roles so fight me

real talk KnightsofCydonia what's the point to RQS it's just RVS that also provides an easy way for the mafia to look like they're being smart or something

i either am active or just don't

lie generator is seriously what

rvs because rvs actually draws scumslips

scumhunting ~80%, power roles/teamwork/luck(where the luck is mostly just rolling good teammates and not getting the shitty wolf role) vary by setup but usually 10/5/5

vote shubaka17

the thing is that rqs gives lurkers-who-still-read-the-thread an easy way to post without actually writing any substance, you can't call out anyone who actually talks(which should be everyone, since the only people who don't are people who are literally too lazy to post at all, who are terrible no matter how you start off the game, and occasionally newbmaf / newbtown who are intimidated for fear of giving the wrong answer(usually this is maf but not always))

whereas rvs actually does /something/ and lets you get scumreads so you can actually continue into the part of the game where you actually develop reads and organize the lynch

Asek

Banned deucer.
the thing is that rqs gives lurkers-who-still-read-the-thread an easy way to post without actually writing any substance, you can't call out anyone who actually talks(which should be everyone, since the only people who don't are people who are literally too lazy to post at all, who are terrible no matter how you start off the game, and occasionally newbmaf / newbtown who are intimidated for fear of giving the wrong answer(usually this is maf but not always))

whereas rvs actually does /something/ and lets you get scumreads so you can actually continue into the part of the game where you actually develop reads and organize the lynch
lynch acidphoenix

do you have a read on me now huh big guy haha:afrostar:

Having experience mainly in RQS, I've got a perspective where it seems obvious that scum could just dodge suspicion in an RVS by keeping quiet when a vote's on. You can't really avoid suspicion that way in RQS, nor can you by answering like a troll.

in rqs you can just answer every question honestly and people will end up voting based off of personalities?? but seriously the biggest part of RQS/RVS is getting people to talk, and i've found the best way to do that is put the fear of death in them. option 2 is try and bring up an innocuous topic and try and relate it to the theme somehow? but idk how much we're allowed to reveal about our flavor @ host

edit: i deleted the second copy of this if y'all want me to put it back up i probably can but its literally all that in the same exact words.

Last edited:

Ampharos

unrelated i tried to use RVS in real life since there were a bunch of places you could play irl mafia with randos at PAX

and uh

it turns out voting .2 seconds into the day irl makes people think you're sus af

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
its called light mode you casual

i don't like reading white on black

so walrein what were the PAX mafias like? any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)