NOC OC NOC GAME OVER - Now Despair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
some of the players were much better than i had anticipated they would be and overall it was a good time

the best game was probably one where i was mafia and was basically powerwolfing/controlling the game until the person sitting to my left heard me move slightly during the nightkill phase x_x but then my partner hard carried with his ridiculously good poker face and we won so it worked out

would recommend playing mafia at cons, it's a good time :thumbsup:

hey KnightsofCydonia answer your own questions tbh

hey Blazade what's your plan now that we're playing closed setup and you can't spend d1 theorycrafting and setup speccing

Original Random Question Sequence DO NOT STEAL

• Are you an active player? And if not, what can you do to change that? (TL;DR Obligatory activity reminder
i was active in the most recent NOC so probably
  • What's the most bastard role you've ever seen in a mafia game?
the gooey convert thing in BYOM
  • Which do you believe to be more effective as a scumhunting effort: Random Vote Sequence or Random Question Sequence? Why?
random question probably since a bunch of rvs is just crap posts
  • Out of a combined total of 100%, assign percentages to the following mafia game aspects: Scumhunting, Teamwork, Power Roles, and Luck.
this is noc so 100% luck tbh

1. Are you an active player? And if not, what can you do to change that? (TL;DR Obligatory activity reminder)
I'm active daily, but not all the time. You may need to wait 24 hours sometimes to hear back from me but I am checking the thread and responding regularly. I'll be responding at least once every Earth day though about something pertinent.

2. What's the most bastard role you've ever seen in a mafia game?
Jon Snow

3. Which do you believe to be more effective as a scumhunting effort: Random Vote Sequence or Random Question Sequence? Why?
I dislike the beginnings of mafia games. Can I say that? I'm going to say it anyways. As long as it gets people talking, interacting, and leading to some type of something to go on, I'm cool with whatever. But I think questioning does a lot more to generate discussion.

4. Out of a combined total of 100%, assign percentages to the following mafia game aspects: Scumhunting, Teamwork, Power Roles, and Luck.
Scumhunting is just educated guessing and what all comes from it is usually just luck. Teamwork is important, but only in the late game. Power Roles are also important, but whether or not they survive is luck. Really, it all comes down to luck but I believe that there are ways that you can increase or decrease your odds based on play.

Yo walrein shut the fuck up I try to shut down setup spec by quickly and decisively providing the right answer but it never works out.

I actually do like the fact that this game is kind of big so the actual NOC elements should be very interesting until the role madness starts kicking in, and even then most of the conflicts should be resolved by NOC logic.

Gut town is former hope gut scum knights or texas but it's early.

@ mafia at cons, is that to say play mafia at unrelated cons, or go to cons specifically themed for mafia?

and i'm p sure nearly half have said their piece @ question asking dude, if not this NOC is massive and we're in for a long game. maybe give us a tease, or a spoiler of what's to come with ur answers

Ampharos

• Out of a combined total of 100%, assign percentages to the following mafia game aspects: Scumhunting, Teamwork, Power Roles, and Luck.
this is noc so 100% luck tbh
4. Out of a combined total of 100%, assign percentages to the following mafia game aspects: Scumhunting, Teamwork, Power Roles, and Luck.
Scumhunting is just educated guessing and what all comes from it is usually just luck. Teamwork is important, but only in the late game. Power Roles are also important, but whether or not they survive is luck. Really, it all comes down to luck but I believe that there are ways that you can increase or decrease your odds based on play.
gross

Yeah, I'm counting on my fingers over here, but I think that's half.

1. I'm an active player.
2. An SK JoAT who had "fake your own death" as a one-shot
3. My playstyle works better with RQS.
I find tracking inconsistencies and contradictions to be effective for me, and RQS is a good place to start with that.
4. For this game, 40% scumhunting, 15% teamwork, 30% PRs, 15% luck. Normally, teamwork and PRs would be closer to an even split, but we're dealing with a Role Madness here.

Ampharos

i mean yeah trust me i know firsthand

but this is NOC. it's an entirely different ballgame. everything comes down to reading people, including whether or not we lose power roles

also tbh i'd like to forget that game ever happened z_z

1. Are you an active player? And if not, what can you do to change that? (TL;DR Obligatory activity reminder)
  2. What's the most bastard role you've ever seen in a mafia game?
  3. Which do you believe to be more effective as a scumhunting effort: Random Vote Sequence or Random Question Sequence? Why?
*Mostly at 13 Hours a day. Not active too much though.
*I have no idea, probably Hooker.
*Honestlty, from what Ive seen, I could really go either way, but RQS does initiate discussion.
*I'd say Luck 50% Team work 20% Scumhunting 20% Power Roles.10%
No point in having power roles if you die early before using it to help, right?

I shall now perform the critically acclaimed technique of answering the RQS and then disappear into the thin veil of the night.
Please pay close attention, I'm only doing this once.

1. I am that which lurk. And I'm beautiful just the way I am.
2. Cannot recall any roles that left long lasting impression on me. But there was that announcer role which was hilariously useless.
3. I can't tell the difference.
4. 1/1/1/2.

Bye guys.

If anyone could explain to me why RVS is better it'll be great tho.

bruh can you be more specific
Half ass your response to appear to be "active." Hell, nearly all of the responses to his questions were half assed or just jokes. Which show how no one is going to put the time to answering the questions seriously enough to make people try to answer and put thought into town, which plays into the mafia's hands because they can skate out of Day 1 with minimal effort.

And then you have people like Asek who has already voted for 3 people without any reason or discussion being generated and serves for spamming the thread in a different way.

Both the questions and the random votes are not generating any type of game play that the town needs because it is just jokes and spam, and that hurts us as town more than it helps us.

A message to all - If you are going to answer the questions, please take the time to answer them with some thought behind them. Don't just goof off. And if you're going to random lynch someone, have it go somewhere huh? If you swap votes every time someone passes gas, what are you even doing with yourself but just trying to fake be active?

1. Fairly active
  2. Anything that forces the host to lie to you I think that's dumb, you should be able to trust the host
  3. RQS because it's not complete luck I guess? Early NOC days are kinda crapshoots anyway
  4. 30% scumhunting because it can help but often turns up wrong lynches, 10% teamwork because Smogon mafia tends to end up with a centralized village leader, 30% power roles because who gets what roles can seriously make or break a game, 30% luck because yeah luck is a thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)